Changes to SWTOR?

So i quit swtor back in like September because I was pretty bored with the same old dailies of doing HM flashpoints and warzones and there just really wasnt much else for me. Im about to buy Guild Wars 2 but im not ready to give up on SWTOR yet. Before I buy GW2, have their been any improvements to SWTOR since september that can really keep me playing after i reach level 50, and are deserving of the $15 a month if I were to re-subscribe.

10+ Year Old Account
    SWTOR is free to play...since you did subscribe before you'll be under ''preferred player'' so you'll maybe one thing better than a 'free player'. Of course they'll limit you to things such as wearing titles/emotes/auction house/character slots...etc.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just play for free and check. You won´t get all the stuff you had as subscriber, but you can still see the basics of it. Or buy two months without the monthly subscription to test it out like I did.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Quote Originally Posted by AWBridgers View Post
    So i quit swtor back in like September because I was pretty bored with the same old dailies of doing HM flashpoints and warzones and there just really wasnt much else for me. Im about to buy Guild Wars 2 but im not ready to give up on SWTOR yet. Before I buy GW2, have their been any improvements to SWTOR since september that can really keep me playing after i reach level 50, and are deserving of the $15 a month if I were to re-subscribe.
    From September?

1 operation, 1 new warzone, and 1 daily hub.
    Is that enough to make you pay 15 dollars a month?
    Personally, it isn't enough for me. I will continue to play but as a "preferred account". So far that's going okay.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

How would he have access to an operation as a preferred member?

I thought that feature was bought with cartel coins.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Being able to buy Legacy perks through the Cartel shop makes an AMAZING difference! Re-sub before tomorrow to collect your coins that you earned through Sept.

Playing an alt isn't for everyone, and the mandatory repeat quests are soul crushing. But adding 30% XP for class quests, and another 30% for exploration XP really eliminated any of the quests except the ones I wanted to play. You'll still need to repeat several of the side quests on each planet, but the quests that pop up when you start killing stuff took care of most of it.

If you have absolutely no interest in playing an alt, here's a spoiler review of the cross-overs within some of the class stories. http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/12...spoiler-alert/

I can't bring myself to resub since the f2p I've played twice for a total of 3 hours and I just can't see the game holding my interest enough to justify $15.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lets put it this way, I subbed to swtor for 6 monthns..canceled and did go back to check it out as FTP, but I find myself when wanting to play some MMO logging into GW2. It is a better MMO imo. SWTOR is basically WoW in space, but without some of the many nice features of WoW is the best way I can sum it all up. GW2 has some of the best features on the market now as far as a MMO goes...for me atleast. Some will disagree with this and that is ok, We all have our likes and dislikes.

No one can decide for you what you personally think is worth the money. You can look at this page to see everything they have changed since you quit: http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes

You can also give the F2P model a try to get a peak at what the game is currently like and get a feel for your current server.