Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    Is there a place stacked with info somewhere?
    I don't know. I simply read the subbreddit, twitter and watch all the EQN videos.

Wonder what layer of hell I'll have to run naked through to get the Necromancer class lol. Sadly i doubt it will be anything like the uber EQ1 class of days past (. Eq2 Necro kinda left me wanting more...

Oh, I forgot about the EQ Index. It has a lot of info.

http://www.eqnexus.com/forums/thread...527/#post-5692

Not all, but a lot of the simple ones people keep asking.

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    Wonder what layer of hell I'll have to run naked through to get the Necromancer class lol. Sadly i doubt it will be anything like the uber EQ1 class of days past (. Eq2 Necro kinda left me wanting more...
    Sub-class I'd guess.

So, I still can't register for the beta on my SOE account. It complains that I'm not in the US, I don't care, I'd rather not have anything to do with Pro7 and I play PS2 just fine on European servers with my SOE account.

I know it's early, but I am a bit concerned about this. Will I be able to play on my SOE account on EU servers in EQ:L/N?
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    So, I still can't register for the beta on my SOE account. It complains that I'm not in the US, I don't care, I'd rather not have anything to do with Pro7 and I play PS2 just fine on European servers with my SOE account.

I know it's early, but I am a bit concerned about this. Will I be able to play on my SOE account on EU servers in EQ:L/N?
    They mentioned EU people would get a chance to participate, but when and how we don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Worgoblin View Post
    I'm still not entirely sure how the class/skill system works. But if I can combine a Warrior(tank) with some Bard skills, I'll have my perfect class!
    There are no Warrior tanks, per se.

Every class has 2 sets of skill determined by weapon [1h/shield & 2h for Wars] that are 1-4 abilities. Then each class has 4 additional skills unique to them, not weapon skills, that fit into various categories. Such as Control, Movement, Offense, Defense, Utility, Healing, etc.

So a Warrior might have 1-4keys determined by weapon, then 2 defensive skills (keys 5-6), 1 movement skill (key 7) and 1 Offense skill (key 8). Where a Tempest would have; weapon skill 1-4 keys, 2 movement skills (5-6 keys), 2 offense (7-8 keys). And a Templar might have weapon skill skills 1-4 keys, 3 defensive skills (5-7 keys) and 1 movement skill (8 key).

The wrinkle is that what a played chooses as their primary class determines weapon skills [1-4 keys], weapon type and armor they are able to use while keys 5-8 can be any mix & match of the non-weapon skills [Movement, Offense, Control, etc] belonging to the classes collected.

A player can equip Warrior as their primary [you can swap "primary" classes at will] for the time being. But that player has also collected Tempest and Templar classes. So long as Warrior is that player's "primary" class he is bound to the weapon skills, armor and weapon types useable to a Warrior.

However, as that player has the Tempest and Templar classes in their repertoire as well- they might elect to have equipped as their 5-8 keys; 2 defensive skills from Templar, 1 movement skill from Tempest and 1 defensive skill from Warrior.

Or 3 defensive Templar skills and 1 Warrior defensive skill. Or 2 Tempest movement skills, 1 Warrior movement skill and 1 Templar movement skill.

Etc, etc for every class you have collected from Berserker to Bard, Enchanter to Wizard.

If one has played any MMO with mix/match classes such as FF11, Radiant Arcana, Guild Wars 1 or The Secret World- the premise is not very arcane or obscure. It should be simple enough to grasp at least.

Holy shitballs 35 new pages since I checked out.

Desperately wanting more detailed information regarding systems and mechanics that we haven't heard much about.

But congratulations SOE, you have successfully piqued my interest and gotten me excited despite your many transgressions. I have forgiven, but I will never forget! There is some hope for MMORPGs once again.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    I don't think so, SOE have a partner (ProSiebenSat.1) for the EU version.
    http://www.everquest-next.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    There are no Warrior tanks, per se.

Every class has 2 sets of skill determined by weapon [1h/shield & 2h for Wars] that are 1-4 abilities. Then each class has 4 additional skills unique to them, not weapon skills, that fit into various categories. Such as Control, Movement, Offense, Defense, Utility, Healing, etc.

So a Warrior might have 1-4keys determined by weapon, then 2 defensive skills (keys 5-6), 1 movement skill (key 7) and 1 Offense skill (key 8). Where a Tempest would have; weapon skill 1-4 keys, 2 movement skills (5-6 keys), 2 offense (7-8 keys). And a Templar might have weapon skill skills 1-4 keys, 3 defensive skills (5-7 keys) and 1 movement skill (8 key).

The wrinkle is that what a played chooses as their primary class determines weapon skills [1-4 keys], weapon type and armor they are able to use while keys 5-8 can be any mix & match of the non-weapon skills [Movement, Offense, Control, etc] belonging to the classes collected.

A player can equip Warrior as their primary [you can swap "primary" classes at will] for the time being. But that player has also collected Tempest and Templar classes. So long as Warrior is that player's "primary" class he is bound to the weapon skills, armor and weapon types useable to a Warrior.

However, as that player has the Tempest and Templar classes in their repertoire as well- they might elect to have equipped as their 5-8 keys; 2 defensive skills from Templar, 1 movement skill from Tempest and 1 defensive skill from Warrior.

Or 3 defensive Templar skills and 1 Warrior defensive skill. Or 2 Tempest movement skills, 1 Warrior movement skill and 1 Templar movement skill.

Etc, etc for every class you have collected from Berserker to Bard, Enchanter to Wizard.

If one has played any MMO with mix/match classes such as FF11, Radiant Arcana, Guild Wars 1 or The Secret World- the premise is not very arcane or obscure. It should be simple enough to grasp at least.
    GW2 allowed you to change half of your slots too, I might have read it wrong, but is there any way to change your four weapon slots, besides changing between one other set of weapon?

Quote Originally Posted by Nohzuko View Post
    I don't think so, SOE have a partner (ProSiebenSat.1) for the EU version.
    http://www.everquest-next.co.uk/
    Georgeson said at the Q&A panel that you can stop e-mailing him; they've got the message and are aware of the petition. They'll be looking into discussions when they're back in the office regarding the EU issues.

- - - Updated - - -

Gief wolf race, tired of all the cat races.
    I'd like a fox based one. Thought that was an amusing twist in Vanguard rather than the typical tiger/wolf types you normally see. They can be sworn enemies of the Ratonga!

- - - Updated - - -

GW2 allowed you to change half of your slots too, I might have read it wrong, but is there any way to change your four weapon slots, besides changing between one other set of weapon?
    Weapon equipped (restricted by class) determines your weapon abilities. You can mix n' match your class abilities from all class options.

Similar to GW2 in that regard, yes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Georgeson said at the Q&A panel that you can stop e-mailing him; they've got the message and are aware of the petition. They'll be looking into discussions when they're back in the office regarding the EU issues.
    Huh really? Awesome, which Q&A panel was this? I managed to sign up for the beta on my SOE account on the station website before they fixed it but that's good to hear.

eqnextfans.com has all the videos. It was the hour long Q&A panel that he mentions it. He's really good humored about it.

No. There are 2 weapons per class, and each class uses that weapon in a certain way as their 1-4 abilities.

A Warrior might use a 2h polearm and so too can an SK [example]. But the 1-4 polearm skills for a warrior are set and apart than if you used that same weapon as an SK. Which has it's own 1-4 keys for the polearm, natch.

However, items modify skills. So there could be a polearm that increased your teleportation skill range and a helmet that modifies your fireball damage. As an SK or Warrior you can use that polearm, but if you do not use any skills tagged as teleportation or fireball it might not be as useful as if you used a polearm with "increase aoe range for melee skills" as it's attribute.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    eqnextfans.com has all the videos. It was the hour long Q&A panel that he mentions it. He's really good humored about it.
    Aight, thanks, I'l check it out. Personally I haven't needed to deal with ProSieben since i took part in the PS2 beta before they partnered with them, and I didn't play on the EU servers, but all the horror stories scare me, from people on the forums and my friends who did have to open an account with them. >..>

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess my .02 is that... I hope to god SOE does not listen to the community. Its been too often that I've seen great potential in games destroyed by the playerbase because they just want another WoW 2.0. They really need to stick to their guns and do what they think is best, which is surprising to hear from me... mostly because I was fed up with Ghostcrawler basically saying he knows what people want more than they do (pretty sure he really did say it).

If they're trying to go for something entirely new, they need to just do what they want and tell the community "deal with it." Of course, if something is so crazy off the wall and absolutely horrible, that is when we should speak up. I'm going to be pretty vocal on the forums once they go live, but more so towards the ones who try to change every aspect of the game so EQN isn't the EQN we want.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    I guess my .02 is that... I hope to god SOE does not listen to the community.
    Huh? This is exactly what they are doing. It's one of their design goals and development philosophies. They set up a whole website and attachment program called Roundtable just to receive player ideas.

Turning a sandbox into a theme park seems super unlikely, however. It's as unlikely as say turning EQN into an fps based on player feedback. They can't change your DD/T midway into development without just creating a new game. Which they already did, twice.

I guess my .02 is that... I hope to god SOE does not listen to the community. Its been too often that I've seen great potential in games destroyed by the playerbase because they just want another WoW 2.0. They really need to stick to their guns and do what they think is best, which is surprising to hear from me... mostly because I was fed up with Ghostcrawler basically saying he knows what people want more than they do (pretty sure he really did say it).

If they're trying to go for something entirely new, they need to just do what they want and tell the community "deal with it." Of course, if something is so crazy off the wall and absolutely horrible, that is when we should speak up. I'm going to be pretty vocal on the forums once they go live, but more so towards the ones who try to change every aspect of the game so EQN isn't the EQN we want.
    I don't see this happening unless you go for a witch hunt just to find the minority minority.

- - - Updated - - -

Huh? This is exactly what they are doing. It's one of their design goals and development philosophies. They set up a whole website and attachment program called Roundtable just to receive player ideas.

Turning a sandbox into a theme park seems super unlikely, however. It's as unlikely as say turning EQN into an fps based on player feedback. They can't change your DD/T midway into development without just creating a new game. Which they already did, twice.
    The roundtable is great. But is themepark and sandbox the only MMO terms when talking about the world? theme park seems more and more to be a bit of an insult, when the goal is to have as much of an open and free world as possible.

10+ Year Old Account

Well you're taking the extreme of what I said lol. If you look at the roundtable questions so far... they're really not much. "Should a female dwarf have a beard or not?" I've been a part of MANY new MMOs coming into the industry and somehow the devs manage to change a major gameplay design because of the vocal minority... and guess what... the vocal minority are the ones on the forums. The people who complain always find a place to complain, where as the people who are satisfied keep to themselves. Receiving player ideas is much different. Its great to have the option open because some people do provide awesome ideas that they may have not thought of, but the current generation of gamers makes me cringe. You should be seeing this just modding the forums here. Vendors closing up shop at night? "QQ, what if I can only play at night? CHANGE PL0X. THIS GAME SUCKS." Its coming.

Well you're taking the extreme of what I said lol. If you look at the roundtable questions so far... they're really not much. "Should a female dwarf have a beard or not?" I've been a part of MANY new MMOs coming into the industry and somehow the devs manage to change a major gameplay design because of the vocal minority... and guess what... the vocal minority are the ones on the forums. The people who complain always find a place to complain, where as the people who are satisfied keep to themselves. Receiving player ideas is much different. Its great to have the option open because some people do provide awesome ideas that they may have not thought of, but the current generation of gamers makes me cringe. You should be seeing this just modding the forums here. Vendors closing up shop at night? "QQ, what if I can only play at night? CHANGE PL0X. THIS GAME SUCKS." Its coming.
    Honestly, if it had a 24 hour day cycle, and there would be eight hours where everybody just slept, I think I'd find that an issue too.