10+ Year Old Account
    I've attempted to get into this game several times now but it's just so overwhelming. On top of that I feel like I'm behind the curve, not just because the game has been out for so long but because I feel like without actually spending money on this game, I'm going to be gimped the whole time I play. But I really enjoy the combat, though I wager I'm not actually very good at it...I've only done the first few levels/missions/whatever. I've only played in a group once or twice, mostly just been soloing. Things seem to be getting more and more difficult, which is what makes me feel like I'm gimped by not buying things, but it also seems like I'll be forced into playing with a group soon, and I don't like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Money don't buy you power in Warframe. It's all about skill.
    You can also solo everything but Raids. Including Interception missions and Sorties if the rng gods are on your side with affixes.
    Just don't rush. There's no curve to be behind other than fashionframe curve. Ask for help in chat.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    I've attempted to get into this game several times now but it's just so overwhelming. On top of that I feel like I'm behind the curve, not just because the game has been out for so long but because I feel like without actually spending money on this game, I'm going to be gimped the whole time I play. But I really enjoy the combat, though I wager I'm not actually very good at it...I've only done the first few levels/missions/whatever. I've only played in a group once or twice, mostly just been soloing. Things seem to be getting more and more difficult, which is what makes me feel like I'm gimped by not buying things, but it also seems like I'll be forced into playing with a group soon, and I don't like that.

I'm just going to apologise right off the bat because I may sound like an ass but its also the truth.

Okay so yes it does feel overwhelming at first, like any mmo game. Some more then others but warframe has one of the best resources I've ever experienced for finding the answers youre looking for. Warframes wiki can answer almost any question you have and not only that the warframe forums are always filled with answered questions. What it comes down to is your ability, desire and discipline to do some digging (by digging I mean literally type any question you have in Google and 50 answers will pop up, so digging may be to strong of a word). If you can't do that, then this game isn't for you. It does not hold your hand.

Addressing the "behind the curve" comment. Why in any way would you feel like this? Besides what your saying doesn't really make sense. Behind the curve for what exactly? This game is all about time. High level people in warframe are not there because they paid money, they are there because theyve spent hundreds of hours playing the game. The people you see that have some cooling looking skins and colors...well thats from silver. What you buy with real money but can also be obtained in game...a very viable option. This game is by no means a "pay to win". Its simply pay to look cool and pay to speed up. Look, if you already have this attitude, then you're most certainly going to feel that way. It's not like really competing against anyone in a literal sense.

The last part of your paragraph really irked me man. Your playing a massive multiplayer online sci fi shooter. You expecting everything to be done solo is completely on you. In no way is this game remotley advertised as a solo game. That being said, you can practically solo the whole star chart by yourself if you gear and mod your weapons correctly. It is a ONLINE MULTIPLAYER game though, so no you will not be able to do everything just by yourself. I don't know what in the world gave you this idea.

Also the feeling of it becoming more difficult, is 110% not because you did not spend money. Just with this logic I can tell you downloaded the game with already a hating and biased mindset. What game doesn't get more difficult as you progress? Seriosly that made me laugh out of pure idocracy. It's a game, as you complete more levels the difficulty rises and like any rpg or mmo, you have to improve your equipment to stand toe to toe with higher level enemies.

You make these assumption yet I can bet you've never looked into how-to mod your frame or weapon.

Look, I sort of had the mindset before playing (4 months ago) that I'd probablu have to pay money to feel like I can play the game without feeling handicapped, BUT, I came in with a open mind and desire to learn. Such as looking up beginner guides on YouTube(check out Iflynns ultimate begginers guide on YouTube) using warframe wiki and joining a clan to ask questions when I need help.
    Last edited by Scornedfury; 2017-12-31 at 01:30 PM.

Is there any more story after that initial little bit?

Downloaded this out of curiosity because people kept talking it up but I'm having a hard time figuring out what I'm working toward. Just working towards frames and weapons / mods for the sake of it doesn't sound enticing if there's nothing I'm really going to use them for besides continuing to 1shot the same mobs. If there's some more story or something that would be fun but so far it seems like I'm just doing whatever mission is glowy for the sake of unlocking more similar missions in different areas.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post

Downloaded this out of curiosity because people kept talking it up but I'm having a hard time figuring out what I'm working toward. Just working towards frames and weapons / mods for the sake of it doesn't sound enticing if there's nothing I'm really going to use them for besides continuing to 1shot the same mobs. If there's some more story or something that would be fun but so far it seems like I'm just doing whatever mission is glowy for the sake of unlocking more similar missions in different areas.
    The Second Dream quest has a lot more story. But at its core its a looter-shooter. You farm gear to kill things to farm more gear
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    The Second Dream quest has a lot more story. But at its core its a looter-shooter. You farm gear to kill things to farm more gear
    How far into it is that? And do the mobs ever get more engaging or do you pretty much just continue to 1shot everything the whole way through?

How far into it is that? And do the mobs ever get more engaging or do you pretty much just continue to 1shot everything the whole way through?
    The Second Dream? It's the second quest in the main story questline (starting with Natah), and you have to completed the solar system up to Neptune Junction.

As for the mobs, you can unlock access to challenging missions once you have completed The Second Dream. You can either access a new type of alert (I will remain vague on this due to spoilers) with special enemies that require a different form of gameplay to defeat, and the sortie system, which allows you to run a series of three super hard missions a day where the mission has a random effect applied.

You pretty much always keep 1-shotting if you run the right weapon/frames until you get into sorties (max level daily)

And Second dream is decently far into unlocking the map (Neptune)

If you don't enjoy zooming around linear corridors blasting mobs then it might not be the game for you.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    You pretty much always keep 1-shotting if you run the right weapon/frames until you get into sorties (max level daily)

And Second dream is decently far into unlocking the map (Neptune)

If you don't enjoy zooming around linear corridors blasting mobs then it might not be the game for you.
    Yeah I think that's the case.

I wanted to at least give it a go since I had seen a number of people talk highly about it but yeah, probably just not for me.

God damn this game gets more complicated the more I get into it. Catalysts, reactors, polarization, exilus, etc.

And then there's focus. Yeah, accidentally got that spoiled for me...

10+ Year Old Account
    It's good that the game is complicated enough, Mods, Warframes, tons of weapons and so on.
    But the game has been in 'beta' for so long and IMO it still is: so many things left unfinished and ignored for years:
    - crafting: so many types of materials, many of them useless and you end up with millions of them that just sit there; some are rare, some are just found on specific places, all in all too many types and too much shit that's just there to make things more complicated for no real benefit / fun / scope.
    - quests: some are nice, some are great, some are shit; while questing and building Octavia was interesting, questing, farming and crafting Atlas, Chroma, Harrow, Ivara is such a horrible stupid experience it just disgusting.
    - loot tables are and always were a mess. Rare mods, Stalker blueprints, the list is enormous: things that were introduced years ago, with screwed % are still in the same state.

It just feels like they reached a point where the game is just too big, and they will never get to clean all the filth that was in introduced in the past 4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    It's good that the game is complicated enough, Mods, Warframes, tons of weapons and so on.
    But the game has been in 'beta' for so long and IMO it still is: so many things left unfinished and ignored for years:
    - crafting: so many types of materials, many of them useless and you end up with millions of them that just sit there; some are rare, some are just found on specific places, all in all too many types and too much shit that's just there to make things more complicated for no real benefit / fun / scope.
    - quests: some are nice, some are great, some are shit; while questing and building Octavia was interesting, questing, farming and crafting Atlas, Chroma, Harrow, Ivara is such a horrible stupid experience it just disgusting.
    - loot tables are and always were a mess. Rare mods, Stalker blueprints, the list is enormous: things that were introduced years ago, with screwed % are still in the same state.

It just feels like they reached a point where the game is just too big, and they will never get to clean all the filth that was in introduced in the past 4 years.
    That's pretty much every mmo.

10+ Year Old Account
    - crafting: so many types of materials, many of them useless and you end up with millions of them that just sit there; some are rare, some are just found on specific places, all in all too many types and too much shit that's just there to make things more complicated for no real benefit / fun / scope
    There's not a single useless material. All material are useful. If you hoard them and not use them - that's your problem or you crafted everything i.e. DUH.
    But most probably you haven't donated a thing to your dojo, if you have one.
    I see no problems with loot. Codex shows where's what. Wiki shows where's what and drop rates. But most importantly - who cares? You just play the game for fun and loot just drops. If you need anything specific - you go to the codex/wiki and grind the specified locations or you trade with other players.

The game is too big, but guess what you are not required to swallow it in one gulp. Pace yourself.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    There's not a single useless material. All material are useful. If you hoard them and not use them - that's your problem or you crafted everything i.e. DUH.
    But most probably you haven't donated a thing to your dojo, if you have one.

I see no problems with loot. Codex shows where's what. Wiki shows where's what and drop rates. But most importantly - who cares? You just play the game for fun and loot just drops. If you need anything specific - you go to the codex/wiki and grind the specified locations or you trade with other players.

The game is too big, but guess what you are not required to swallow it in one gulp. Pace yourself.
    Also I think he's confusing what a "beta" is and what a progressing and ever evolving mmo (please don't argue semantics over the use of mmo to describe the game) is.

The game is much bigger since launch and that's how it's suppose to be. Are you suggesting they should of just released the game and not added any new content? Not sure what you're complaining about. Either people complain there's not enough content and now peoole are complaining there's too much. Dumb.

Also just because YOU don't see a use for something, doesn't mean there isn't a use for it for someone else.

7+ Year Old Account
    Are there some significant differences between the PS4 and the PC versions of the game?

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    The best advice I can give you is to research your mods weapons and frames. If you are having difficulty with missions, there are 2 possibilities, 1) your level is too low. 2) your gear is not adequately modded.

Some thoughts
    1)I would suggest spending time at your Equip station(forgot name) and seeing what upgrades you have. Check your Frame and Weapons. Each Weapon has a buff to them such as Slash, Puncture, Impact. You can also mod your weapons to do additional damage against enemy types such as Greenier, Corpus and Infested. Each of these enemies have a weakness to Slash Puncture and Impact. Research your missions and mod your weapons to deal that additional damage.
    2) Your frame. Check your mods on this too. If you feel you are dieing too quickly. see what mods you have to increase your Armor Shield and HP. Research you missions and mod your Frame to reduce the damage. They also can have mods to buff your frames abilities. Check what mods work good with the frame and mod up accordingly.
    3) LEVEL LEVEL LEVEL LEVEL LEVEL LEVEL............................... Though this should probably be #1 lol. As you level your frames you can gain additional mod slots and abilities. These will go along way towards your survivability.
    4) Warframe Wiki..... I have learned so much about the game from the wiki and Youtube videos lol.

Warframe does have alot to absorb but if you focus one area at a time and learn it as you go, it will be far easier. Me personally, I went with leveling frames and weapons from the first few missions. My faves are Exterminate and Survival. Then I look for Capture. The Exterminate missions are quick n easy and can get you you your starter levels quickly. They also have for me at least the best learning curve about which weapon to get used to. Me personally I love Shotties with Volt. Stun em and BLAST em .

As @Elim Garak said, it is not about the money you send in the game it is about skill. You develop your skill of the frame and how to mod it to do maximum damage.

- - - Updated - - -

From what I have seen and played, the stories are locked behind MR and pre story reqes. You need to complete one story to progress to the next. Also some stories are locked behind the planet nexus point(the lil travel icon to next planet). You need to kill the mini boss on these nexus points to move on to the next planet and so on.

I thought the same as you but when I opened the Codex(left in cockpit of ship) you can see what each story requires in order to start it.

Some day Tennogen Round 11 will come. Some day..

10+ Year Old Account
    Is Synoid Simulor with Mirage combo nerfed to the ground finally?

Quote Originally Posted by Tabrotar View Post
    Are there some significant differences between the PS4 and the PC versions of the game?
    Console version is a little bit behind PC (due to DE prioritizing release on PC first, then implementing the patchfixes in the base console version, as well as the time it takes for a patch to be licensed by the console owner), but otherwise they are caught up on the major updates like the current Plains of Eidolon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabrotar View Post
    The usual: PC has better graphics and controls.

Also Consoles lag in updates a bit.

And there are some fashionframe items exclusive to consoles.

I'm not sure how significant that is, but that's the extent of all the differences.