Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    A live-action adaptation of CP77 is in the works, no word if it's a film or series though.

If it's as good as Edgerunner, awesome.
    Well for sure they always aim at right people. For Anime they chose Trigger, for live action looks like it will be True Detective producers. Hopefully it means HBO release, I have 0 faith in Netflix live action adaptations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Interesting perspective. Thanks, I appreciate the insight and time to explain what you were thinking.
    Going back to my old reply on the Cyberpunk vs. Witcher. Now that I've been playing CP2077 again (third time) and I've actually thought about this while playing; I have to admit it's not that there is something wrong with the side missions, I just don't care/enjoy about the theme and world enough to like them as much as I like W3. I gotta admit the bigger side missions in CP2077 are superb (always been) and the problem is the setting. That's it. It's that simple.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilpi View Post
    Going back to my old reply on the Cyberpunk vs. Witcher. Now that I've been playing CP2077 again (third time) and I've actually thought about this while playing; I have to admit it's not that there is something wrong with the side missions, I just don't care/enjoy about the theme and world enough to like them as much as I like W3. I gotta admit the bigger side missions in CP2077 are superb (always been) and the problem is the setting. That's it. It's that simple.
    That'll be entirely subjective preference.

I personally prefer Cyberpunk 2077, and that's speaking as someone who was into the Witcher books before the games came out.

Not saying you're wrong to prefer one over the other, but it isn't a "problem" with any property, it's just your personal preferences.

Thanks! I love hearing different POVs on things. I appreciate the follow up after you've played a bit more of the expansion.

Do you think you would enjoy the gameplay of CP2077 if it were in another setting?

Say, for example, if the hacking was "magic" or the game was thematically sword & sorcery fantasy but the same gameplay dynamics?

I have been playing Tainted Grail, Enshrouded, and another one I can't recall the name of*. They are basically FPS RPGs in fantasy settings. Worth a look if that sounds appealing.

*Unawake. I remember the game now.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2023-10-15 at 03:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    That'll be entirely subjective preference.

I personally prefer Cyberpunk 2077, and that's speaking as someone who was into the Witcher books before the games came out.

Not saying you're wrong to prefer one over the other, but it isn't a "problem" with any property, it's just your personal preferences.
    Yea, I know. Didn't think I ever implied that it's wrong to like cyberpunk more than fantasy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Thanks! I love hearing different POVs on things. I appreciate the follow up after you've played a bit more of the expansion.

Do you think you would enjoy the gameplay of CP2077 if it were in another setting?

Say, for example, if the hacking was "magic" or the game was thematically sword & sorcery fantasy but the same gameplay dynamics?

I have been playing Tainted Grail, Enshrouded and another one I can't recall the name of. They are basically FPS RPGs in fantasy settings. Worth a look if that sounds appealing.
    I don't know. I think the gameplay features in CP2077 fit the game well and especially now that they've fixed most of the design faults of the original (mainly gear and cyberware related), I think it's easily a 9/10 game. I guess most of the things would work well in a fantasy setting as well, depends on the game though.

But it's just the whole dystopian corporate run future with cyberware and stuff that doesn't really interest me. It's the same with basically pretty much any post-apocalyptic stuff; no matter how good the game/movie/tv-series is, the theme and setting just doesn't hit me. I might still enjoy the product from start to finish, but not because it's cyberpunk or post-apocalyptic something.

Also I haven't gotten to the expansion yet, since I'm playing a fresh game from the start. And when I noticed I'm doing well side stuff even if I've already done then twice, I realized it's not content that is the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    im on ssd,the best i5,and a 4070,i found a shit ton of bugs in 2.0,including tpose,object not apearing,they even had to release a 20gb patch to fix the 2.0 bugs
    I started a fresh playthrough 2.0 and encounter none at all, the game has been running great since, trying to use mods not fully updated are the only times anything didnt work properly with the game.

- - - Updated - - -

The setting is the best part about the game, next to no games are similar to this style, the witcher games have made that style of setting mostly boring as its the most common type.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

15+ Year Old Account
    The game's setting isn't for everyone, I get it. Part of the reason I am not interested in rdr/rdr2 is because I'm not into the western setting for games.

10+ Year Old Account
    A fantasy game with this games combat would be amazing. Fuck it, give me one in feudal Japan with this games melee (Im sure there are games out there), because thats basically all I play in this game anyway.
    Last edited by PACOX; 2023-10-15 at 03:25 AM.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    I started a fresh playthrough 2.0 and encounter none at all, the game has been running great since, trying to use mods not fully updated are the only times anything didnt work properly with the game.

- - - Updated - - -

The setting is the best part about the game, next to no games are similar to this style, the witcher games have made that style of setting mostly boring as its the most common type.
    Sure, is you like cyberpunk. It's pretty meh to me, so it doesn't add to the game. I like fantasy more, I don't care how common is popular it is.

I've finished CP2077 on release ( and did one more playthrough right after ), so with version 2.0 and dlc out - decided to give it another go a couple of days ago. So while i do appreciate 2.0 overhaul ( implant system, stamina and shooting interactions, etc. ) - what makes me sad is that many bugs from 2+ years ago are still present, and some new ones are already here. For example : Whole world flashing bright as if someone detonated a nuke - usually happens after closing the world map once in a while, not being able to summon your vehicle at all after playing for an hour or so - fixed by reloading last save. And the famous Jackie " gun-hands " glitch. It is just sad, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Popastique View Post
    For example : Whole world flashing bright as if someone detonated a nuke - usually happens after closing the world map once in a while, not being able to summon your vehicle at all after playing for an hour or so - fixed by reloading last save. And the famous Jackie " gun-hands " glitch. It is just sad, really.
    In almost 300+ hours, I have never encountered these bugs. This stuff is an outlier in all likelihood.

I have the bright flash somewhat regularly and had summon vehicle break once but thats about it.
    Its a lot better then at release when I had a bunch of broken side quests
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    I have the bright flash somewhat regularly and had summon vehicle break once but thats about it.
    Its a lot better then at release when I had a bunch of broken side quests
    Well yes, it is much better than having Jackie become an immovable object after witnessing Brick's death ( happened to me once long time ago and pretty much locked the main story making me replay the whole mission again ).

BTW i find some decisions they made a bit strange - like disabling all the NCPD icons on default world map, so you have to go to custom map and enable them there.

Not sure what you guys mean with "Bright flashes"... but what I encountered when it came to "bright flashes" was due to DLSS. FSR doesn't have the same light sources popping every now and then.

So try switching that, worked for me at least.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

7+ Year Old Account
    NGL, these flashes look pretty sick, like a nuke went off in the city.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

That, except they tend to only last for a few seconds. I mostly just blame my 1050 ti not being the greatest.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Not sure what you guys mean with "Bright flashes"... but what I encountered when it came to "bright flashes" was due to DLSS. FSR doesn't have the same light sources popping every now and then.

So try switching that, worked for me at least.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkga..._it_causing_a/

This pretty much

Quote Originally Posted by Popastique View Post
    Probably has something to do with the eye adaptation effect.
    went in to check for me, and I got dark to bright transitions every now and then, more consistently when entering map and closing to quickly, but still pretty random. Guess I haven't noticed much.

But I imagine that's a deeper problem to fix.

Anyway, my first thought was this mod:
    https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/9296

Haven't tried it myself, but I saw it when browsing other mods. Could be worth a shot.

The "static" bright thing in the youtube video above seems more like a bug.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

There is one strange "too bright" glitch I noticed when driving sometimes, usually from Pacifica/south - if you use first person camera in a vehicle and then look too low (meaning more towards your dashboard) everything will become bright, if looking back up - it goes to normal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

Really enjoying Phantom Liberty. Hadn't played the game in around a year, so decided to just start a new one. Loving it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.