Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Oh sweet summer child, false advertisement wasn't new probably in BC era. Like actual era. And if you would put anyone for that in jail you wouldn't have a single politician left.

Your only option is either get over it and not believe a marketing or continue to be naive and cry after you have been "lied to". Welcome to reality.
    >False advertisement wasn't new probably in BC era
    >It's been done forever so it's okay if it's still done today

>You wouldn't have a single politician left
    Implying that's a bad thing

>Welcome to reality
    Reality is that false advertising is punished in literally every other field, only videogame companies get defended by an army of bootlickers every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Tell that to EA and company who also release shitty and broken games. You people acting like CDPR is the first company to ever, in the history of video games, release a broken as fuck game, is fucking pathetic. Where were you losers when Bethesda shat out Fallout 76 broken beyond belief? Hell, Fallout 3 and 4 both were a buggy mess. How about Fallen Order? Mass Effect Andromeda?

Your outrage is both stupid and unnecessary. If the game doesn't work for you, don't play it, stop harassing those of us who are playing it and enjoying it. Just because we are having a good time with it doesn't mean we exonerate CDPR of what they did either. So piss off and let us have our fun and discuss the game that we are able to experience.
    >Where were you losers when Bethesda shat out Fallout 76 broken beyond belief? Hell, Fallout 3 and 4 both were a buggy mess. How about Fallen Order? Mass Effect Andromeda?
    I was here, saying the exact same stuff about them that i am saying about cdpr now, albeit under a different name: That the people responsible need to go to jail for false advertising. Though in the case of Fallen Order i don't know what you're talking about, never heard a complaint about it, that game was pretty much flawless.

>If the game doesn't work for you, don't play it
    The game runs quite well for me on pc, and i have fun playing it. Doesn't mean that console players, as much as i hate them, haven't been fucking scammed.

>Stop harassing those of us
    Omegakek. Are you the same guy that made that "high elf fans will be bullied into mass shootings" post? You're not being "harassed", jesus christ.

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    They didnt lie though, they just didnt test the game on a variety of different platforms and different PC setups, the game works excellent on my 5 year old system, no game in history has ever launched perfectly especially when it was released on multiple platforms at the same time.

When a game is released you expect plenty of bugs and such as it takes months to iron out those kinks, it just sounds like you have a false sense of entitlement like many other games who cant just be patient for things to come along.
    >They didn't lie though
    >They just didn't do their fucking job and told no one about it
    Omitting the truth is also lying.

>When a game is released you expect plenty of bugs
    No, i don't actually. Because i remember when shit like this meant that people lost their fucking jobs. I expect a game to work flawlessly out of the box. It's time to hold video game developers to a higher standard again.

TLDR: Bootlickers of the highest degree, every single one of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    I never stated anything about new gen consoles. I stated that the game was marketed and previewed and meant for last gen consoles, from what everyone has been stating. With how long ago the game was advertised supporting those people’s claims it becomes hard to refute that.
    Now, if they wanted to scrap last gen consoles due to hardware limitations that is one thing, but to advertise the entire production cycle as to be compatible and released with last gen and then release it as a barely playable mess is reputation ruining. It also shows that it’s not the sole fault of Microsoft or Sony for the game being pushed out in this state.
    Honestly, what I'm waiting for is the explanation of why we have the problems that we do on last gen. It doesn't LOOK like a technically demanding game. I'm no dev, so I have no idea how this stuff works, but with the admittedly simple AI and somewhat small crowds of pedestrians, there shouldn't be a lot choking up the system and causing the bugs and crashes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Tell that to EA and company who also release shitty and broken games. You people acting like CDPR is the first company to ever, in the history of video games, release a broken as fuck game, is fucking pathetic. Where were you losers when Bethesda shat out Fallout 76 broken beyond belief? Hell, Fallout 3 and 4 both were a buggy mess. How about Fallen Order? Mass Effect Andromeda?

Your outrage is both stupid and unnecessary. If the game doesn't work for you, don't play it, stop harassing those of us who are playing it and enjoying it. Just because we are having a good time with it doesn't mean we exonerate CDPR of what they did either. So piss off and let us have our fun and discuss the game that we are able to experience.
    What rock have you been living under where people didn't find huge issues with games such as Fallout 76 and Andromeda?

Quote Originally Posted by Thelyron View Post

>Welcome to reality
    Reality is that false advertising is punished in literally every other field, only videogame companies get defended by an army of bootlickers every time.
    Oh the naivety. Ever wondered why there was the small "things may change since alpha/beta" etc. disclaimers practically everywhere?
    You probably didn't. Because people are to lazy to read.

The Devil is in the details. Take a look at this sentence:
    Cyberpunk 2077's performance on the base PS4 and Xbox One consoles is "surprisingly good, I would say, for such a huge world.

Means absolutely jack shit. Surprisingly good compared to what? Based on what metrics?
    And funny enough, this sentence is 100% true because it doesn't deal with any absolutes that could enable you to verify it.

I know English language is hard (actually any written or spoken language) and it is your fault for evaluating this sentence with YOUR expectations in mind.

Same goes for any PLAN they had in mind and didn't actually end up in game.

Oh the naivety. Ever wondered why there was the small "things may change since alpha/beta" etc. disclaimers practically everywhere?

Cyberpunk 2077's performance on the base PS4 and Xbox One consoles is "surprisingly good, I would say, for such a huge world.

Means absolutely jack shit. Surprisingly good compared to what? Based on what metrics?
    And funny enough, this sentence is 100% true because it doesn't deal with any absolutes that could enable you to verify it.

I know English language is hard (actually any written or spoken language) and it is your fault for evaluating this sentence with YOUR expectations in mind.

Sense. That made none.

- - - Updated - - -

In one page we have this guy and the other one actually blaming Sony and Microsoft for not developing next gen consoles sooner. NOT BAD LADS.

Quote Originally Posted by Cringefest View Post
    Sense. That made none.
    It would have, if you could read with comprehension.

10+ Year Old Account
    You gotta shill harder mate, that's just not enough of logic leaps you make there.

Here's the deal. CDPR blew hard on quality, they pushed a half-baked buggy mess out of the gate and are getting punished for it. This piece of shit joins the Hall of Infamy alongside Fallout and Anthem when it comes to promising much, but delivering a barely functioning garbage that will take another year or two to sort out in hopes pulling out a No Man's Sky out of it.

They should have simply made it a PC only release with consoles coming later, if this was such a hot garbage, but no, that would mean losing potential $$ - so better have this unmitigated disaster of a launch in hopes to grab a few more $$ at cost of their reputation. Their management is just a bunch of cowards that seen this shit coming from a mile away and still went on with it. They should have came clean - said the game is not ready and delayed another year with a huge ass apology plastered all over.

But instead they were terrified of prospect of another delay and decided to wing it. The result is release of a raw game riddled with bugs, dogshit AI and general fuckery that is a golden meme mine far more than the likes of Andromeda ever were.

That is EA level of scumbaggery, which is all that worse because you know what to expect of EA, but people hoped CDProjekt were a bit better than that. Guess the suites got them too after all.

But hey CDP/R got a nice achievement there under the belt - AAA game getting booted from PSN, that does not happen every day... or ever.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2020-12-20 at 10:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    Wrong. Just because they started developing the game for the last gen consoles does not say anything. Simply because Microsoft and Sony took so f****** goddamn long to release a new generation. Because before the Ps4/xbox one they released consoles in a much faster rhythm. Cyberpunk was meaned to be released around 2020, so they thought that a new generation from consoles get out far before that.

But instead adding a new generation, ms and sony did go the stupid way, released a rehased version of the original console (ps4 pro/xbox one x) with the promise that this is for 4k only and that every game will run on all consoles. So yes, it was meaned to be released on all consoles, that's something you are right, but you are wrong about the premise that they thought when they developed the game that the new generation will be already out when the game gets released.
    It isn't the fault of Sony or Microsoft at "taking so long" to release a new generation for the state Cyberpunk is in, it's CDPR's fault for using the PC as the lead development platform for a game they always intended to release on PS4 and XBO alongside it. Blaming the console manufacturers for that level of screw up is some next level shilling.

If they had gone with the base systems and scaled up from there, rather than the other way around, they'd have shipped a game in a much better state by now.

Quote Originally Posted by ProudSecularHumanist View Post
    Jesus who the hell thought it would run good on PS4 or whatever? On a 8 yr old console? Are you that naive/ignorant?
    Loads of gamers, the gaming press, the regular press, Sony, Microsoft and even CDPR themselves have said that they fucked up by releasing a shitty, buggy product on the PS4. If it wasn't possible to release the game in a decent state on the PS4 they shouldn't have released the game on the PS4 at all. It's up to the developers to create a product that runs on the intended hardware, not to half-arse it then cry about it not being up to spec.

Dude thinks he's in Night City himself, the way he talks.
    Hey dude, why don't you... "delta" *smokes a gun*
    Lol
    Last edited by Cringefest; 2020-12-20 at 01:16 PM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    The third patch dropped for PC last night, with a console patch on Friday. I'm not sure how console players are fairing, but I did notice performance improvements on my computer when I booted it up after the update. I've noted more consistent framerates and smoother gameplay with each patch that has been released, which is a good thing. I do hope they can retool the AI though, because that's the biggest letdown outside of the performance issues and environment clipping problems. Apparently they've disabled the debug console for the time being until they get issues with the game sorted out.

OffT: it is so funny to watch @kaminaris defend this rotten tomato, and shi7ing on Shadowlands. I am really starting to think he is just trolling for attention or just to have a debate, no matter how far or close to the truth he is.

OT: In my opinion bugs and performance in CP2077 are not the issues here.
    We had games that didn't even run on PC on the highest END graphic card at relase, but that didn't made the game a "dumpster on fire", remember "But can it run Crysis?" meme ?

There were alot of good games released with bugs that made us laugh, but they had the gameplay and core good. Assassin's Creed anyone ?

On the other hand CyberPunk 2077 has one milion simple features missing out of its core. On top of that, an incredible DUMB AI, bad performance on all platforms but esp. on PS4 and X1, and shi7loads of bugs.

Maybe as a SINGLEPLAYER RPG, it will be a OK/GREAT GAME in 6 months. People playing it, saying they don't have problems, prob are playing it just as a story driven game and nothing more, doing the "tourist mode" in night city, making screen shots of "how cool it looks", and I do agree it LOOKS COOL, but it supposed to LOOK COOL and be an interactable, revolutionary game. It should have contained all GTA simple mechanics, physics features and on top of that the SCIFI theme with their own combat/rpg elements, story/ systems.
    @Selestan keeps asking people: "what do you want from CDPR? why are you still bashing them?", well it is simple, so we know this shi7 doesn't repeat itself in the future. Popular game critic sites are as guilty as CDPR/CDP for giving 9/10 rakings without real in game footage, and this should not ever happen again. I mostly watch ign and gamespot, and ign gave it a 9 and gs a 7, I always like that one of them keeps a connection with reality.

If CDP/CDPR is trully sorry, and they want to redeem themselfs, then they will follow a NoManSky kind of aproach and continue to develop the game and improve it by 1. FIXING PERFORMANCE; 2. FIXING BUGS, 3. ADDING FEATURES that were promised and are expected to be seen in a 2020 open world game, and are present in games released even in 2001.

But for a OPEN WORLD, with a multiplayer mode coming out in 2022, as CDPR stated, it doesn't seem to ever have a chance.
    Last edited by Kel_Sceptic; 2020-12-20 at 03:12 PM.

its an average game even on an RTX 3080 PC

- - - Updated - - -

Silverhand was way too overhyped as well

Yep, runs surprisingly good for the junk it runs on.

I have problems with the game itself in many different ways. Console performance though isn't one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Yep, runs surprisingly good for the junk it runs on.
    No it doesn't.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

>They didn't lie though

No, i don't actually. Because i remember when shit like this meant that people lost their fucking jobs. I expect a game to work flawlessly out of the box. It's time to hold video game developers to a higher standard again.

Since when has a game worked flawless out of the box, no game has ever so what you expect is out of the realm of realism, the game works perfectly for me so i have no issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I don't think you have any clue how game development works, Cyberpunk was announced 8 years ago if you think they started development on it targeting PS5 and XSX you have no clue. Not to mention there isn't even XSX and PS5 versions of the game, they simple run the last gen versions with enhancements in backwards compatibility mode.

So if you think they weren't targeting the PS4 and XBO I have no idea what the fuck you think they where doing because there isn't even PS5 and XSX versions of the game genius. Oh and for the dumb chance you're claiming they only had time to make a PC version then maybe this whole AAA 3rd party thing ain't their thing and they should go back to making small scale games. Ubisoft literally released not 1, not 2 but 3 open world games day and date on last gen, next gen and PC and none of them have these performance issues. Sorry for the excuse train not working.
    The game is made for PC firstly as they have always done console release after PC, releasing a game on another platform usually takes another year of development to make it run on inferior tech, so what happened was going to happen since they didnt have that extra development time to make it run on all platforms, you dont make a game for old tech you always change the game during development to take advantage of whatever will make the game better, its much easier to change a game during development than after its released.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2020-12-20 at 04:15 PM.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    You gotta shill harder mate, that's just not enough of logic leaps you make there.

Here's the deal. CDPR blew hard on quality, they pushed a half-baked buggy mess out of the gate and are getting punished for it. This piece of shit joins the Hall of Infamy alongside Fallout and Anthem when it comes to promising much, but delivering a barely functioning garbage that will take another year or two to sort out in hopes pulling out a No Man's Sky out of it.

They should have simply made it a PC only release with consoles coming later, if this was such a hot garbage, but no, that would mean losing potential $$ - so better have this unmitigated disaster of a launch in hopes to grab a few more $$ at cost of their reputation. Their management is just a bunch of cowards that seen this shit coming from a mile away and still went on with it. They should have came clean - said the game is not ready and delayed another year with a huge ass apology plastered all over.

But instead they were terrified of prospect of another delay and decided to wing it. The result is release of a raw game riddled with bugs, dogshit AI and general fuckery that is a golden meme mine far more than the likes of Andromeda ever were.

That is EA level of scumbaggery, which is all that worse because you know what to expect of EA, but people hoped CDProjekt were a bit better than that. Guess the suites got them too after all.

But hey CDP/R got a nice achievement there under the belt - AAA game getting booted from PSN, that does not happen every day... or ever.
    Dude, either you have a goldfish memory or you never played big games before, that's practically what happened with every game of that scale so far including witcher.

If you get yourself ever hyped over marketing bullshit then you are on the same level as adult believing in santa even if parents eventually told the truth.

And it's your fault of being emotionally attached to a company.
    Just from the witcher release you should have expected that.

There is no ifs and butts, don't believe in marketing, don't (over)hype yourself, expect the same shit every time, asses stuff once it's out with cold heart logic.

Guys we know witcher 3 had rough release and tons of bugs but this time will be different, i swear, pinky promise.
    Honestly?

And then again, from everything i've seen so far, it still look like really good game.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account

>Welcome to reality

>Where were you losers when Bethesda shat out Fallout 76 broken beyond belief? Hell, Fallout 3 and 4 both were a buggy mess. How about Fallen Order? Mass Effect Andromeda?
    I was here, saying the exact same stuff about them that i am saying about cdpr now, albeit under a different name: That the people responsible need to go to jail for false advertising. Though in the case of Fallen Order i don't know what you're talking about, never heard a complaint about it, that game was pretty much flawless.

>If the game doesn't work for you, don't play it
    The game runs quite well for me on pc, and i have fun playing it. Doesn't mean that console players, as much as i hate them, haven't been fucking scammed.

>Stop harassing those of us
    Omegakek. Are you the same guy that made that "high elf fans will be bullied into mass shootings" post? You're not being "harassed", jesus christ.

>They didn't lie though

Even back in the day of snes, games had buggy releases with most of the games from overseas being different versions that had fixed/changes done to them.
    But honestly I agree cp shouldn’t have been released as it is or atleast not on the older systems.

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Since when has a game worked flawless out of the box, no game has ever so what you expect is out of the realm of realism, the game works perfectly for me so i have no issues.

The game is made for PC firstly as they have always done console release after PC, releasing a game on another platform usually takes another year of development to make it run on inferior tech, so what happened was going to happen since they didnt have that extra development time to make it run on all platforms, you dont make a game for old tech you always change the game during development to take advantage of whatever will make the game better, its much easier to change a game during development than after its released.
    You < - - - - - - - - - > reality

Complete detachment achieved!.

First off, lots of games ran smoothly at release, but that's not even the point. There's running smoothly, having some issues, and then there's cyberpunk 2077, being removed from stores which is quite an achievement.
    Your second point makes even less sense. They had 8 years to develop a game for whatever platform they picked, and they failed miserably. That's what happened in reality, get back to it pls.
    Last edited by Cringefest; 2020-12-20 at 05:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kel_Sceptic View Post
    OffT: it is so funny to watch @kaminaris defend this rotten tomato, and shi7ing on Shadowlands. I am really starting to think he is just trolling for attention or just to have a debate, no matter how far or close to the truth he is.
    Or you know, I just score things how they really are not what marketing bullshit have brainwashed people. Shadowlands has many problem that cannot be fixed the same as fixing bugs, on the other hand I couldn't care less about performance on consoles of cyberpunk so that has no sway over my eventual opinion on it. And PC score is fairly high.
    SL user score 5.8, critic score 83
    C2077 user score 7.1, criti score 87
    Everything checks out.