Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

I appreciate this video was posted a few days pre-release, but since I did ask about a Street Samurai build, he does mention how to create something similar to it (the Gun-Fu, at 14:14). Bonus points from me because thematically (blades and pistols) it reminds me of the sweetest looking deck from TSW, the Paladin. I will see if I can recreate the Paladin look if I end-up going with it and not branch out to more range weapons and/or pure melee, but I suspect Corpo might have more suitable clothing options for that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yT-Ofw1o53w

10+ Year Old Account
    playing on PC with ultra preset and high textures and holy shit advertisements (and other kind of this like that) in lizzies bar for example are soooo fucking low resolution i barely can see shit

compared to Star Citizen where EVERYTHING in the world, every advert, screen, meaningless item has sharp as fuck resolution this is just pain to watch
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

Quote Originally Posted by yasiru View Post
    This exactly. It DIPS down as low as 15 but its not like its running at 15 the entire time and is completely unplayable. Hell the guys at DF even state that there will be a group of players that won't even care the game isn't flawless and will be happy with it. Don't listen to @Jtbrig7390. He's been known to say a game is “literally unplayable” for him if the game runs at 20fps or lower but once its on sale he'll buy it.......

I'd much rather listen to DF's analysis of the game though than the clickbait garbage Yongyea that @Hobb posted. Imagine trying to prove a point using that guy's videos...
    There is absolutely no excuse for 15 fps. Well, except one: the game is simply too demanding for last gen consoles... which I believe it is.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    There is absolutely no excuse for 15 fps. Well, except one: the game is simply too demanding for last gen consoles... which I believe it is.
    This seems to be the take away for me. If you want the best graphics and fidelity, play on a good PC. Same as always.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    You clearly didn't watch the video if you think 15fps is perfectly playable.
    lol, i was mythic raiding with less than 10 fps without any significant problem for years, damn i even killed jaina with less than 6 fps xD
    the biggest problem is the texture loading, but that has nothing of uplayability
    12/6/2009 -23/11/2020 rip little deathstalker Ferretti. proud forsaken, enemy of the livings

Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    lol, i was mythic raiding with less than 10 fps without any significant problem for years, damn i even killed jaina with less than 6 fps xD
    the biggest problem is the texture loading, but that has nothing of uplayability
    There's no way you contributed shit to any mythic raid at 10 fps or lower.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    A 15 year old PC doesn't meet the min spec for it, So it wouldn't be expected to run on that hardware.

Holy shit the amount of bending over people are doing for CDPR is amazing. If this was EA or Ubisoft you all would be holding their feet to the fire. Since the defenders of CDPR is here ill see myself out.
    And neither does a PS4.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shigma View Post
    I have a PS5. There is no PS5 edition. It runs the super duper broken PS4 version.

So...... what was your point again?

Game shouldn't been released on this state. Period.
    Trying to play a brand new game on a really old system is just stupid. No way around that.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    So demanding it looks far worse then other last gen games like GoT, TLOU2 or RDR2 that are mostly a locked 30 fps on those systems. There is nothing special about this game graphically on those systems to have such terrible performance on them.

Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    No. No, you didn't. You may have played the game, but you didn't contribute in any meaningful way. And this is from somebody who's been playing games since before Voodoo was a part of a card in your computer, so I think I have some authority to speak on this
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    No. No, you didn't. You may have played the game, but you didn't contribute in any meaningful way. And this is from somebody who's been playing games since before Voodoo was a part of a card in your computer, so I think I have some authority to speak on this
    Let's be fair, if you manage to stay alive until the end of the fight you've already contributed more than half the raid group.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    Let's be fair, if you manage to stay alive until the end of the fight you've already contributed more than half the raid group.
    If half of the raid group dies you don't kill Mythic bosses. This ain't classic my dude, not sure what you're talking about.

Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    As much as I wanna bitch about how this game runs like a copy of GTA III on PS2 with a scratched disk, I mostly want to play the game. Can we drop the whining for just a minute and discuss actual gameplay from the times when it DOES work?

I need a new tech shotgun, I've carried the same one I've gotten from the scavs at the beginning and I'm in the level 20s now. I can always upgrade the damage, I'm doing a crafting build, but I would really like something different. But I've never come a cross a different model of tech shotgun, not from enemies or any vendor.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been having a blast playing it on my toaster even with partial slow down though I do agree there is some clear issues with the game and it's unoptimised as hell. I've barely progressed in the main story as I've just been cruising around doing gigs and crime events to level up both Street Cred and my stats to open up more dialogue paths, upgrade options and actually get crafting to work (it's really weird that they made it so high level dependent although it's set up to scale with you) and it's interesting and fun to see all the little stories and lore tidbits that pop up whilst doing the extra stuff. Though some of the bugs have been weird. I did the first brain dance segment and somehow the camera disconnected from my character and was focused on the car that I drove to the club for this mission and it stayed like that even after the second segment so that I had to save and reload to fix it. I've had enemies dodge into cover using their cyber dashes and get permanently stuck unless I fried their augments and I've gotten stuck in areas that I couldn't tell if I should be in due to how free-form and janky the parkour can be. I also had the game crash after I did two consecutive saves in a row and an update that downloaded and started modifying the game's files as I was playing it causing everything to go nuts.

To be frank it's been an odd and fun experience so far and it's honestly been better than a Bethesda launch imo. At least I've yet to have been tricked into walking onto something that just doesn't exist, killed by looking at a basket funny and crashing because the sun was too bright. Now I'm just trying to work out how on earth you're supposed to level Cold Blooded and Athletics since they're the only two skills that lack any obvious associated tasks/activities to do with them.
    Last edited by Darknessvamp; 2020-12-12 at 05:07 PM.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    And neither does a PS4.

- - - Updated - - -

Trying to play a brand new game on a really old system is just stupid. No way around that.
    You seem to be really confused as to the difference between a PC and a console. With a PC there are different components such as gfx cards, processors, RAM and hard discs which can be upgraded at the user's will, for this reason game publishers advertise a minimum requirement, which is the lowest specs you need to make the game function, and a recommended requirement which are the specs you need to run the game as the developers intended. If you only have minimum specs you should expect some slowdown and a sub-standard experience. Recommended specs might not run everything maxed out but there shouldn't be any problems detrimental to the experience.

A console does not allow for upgrades the same way. A PlayStation 4 console released at launch for the most part has the same specs as one released today so if a game is released that says "PlayStation 4" on the box then the recommended specs are whatever comes in a PlayStation 4. If a PlayStation 4 game runs like crap on the PlayStation 4 then it's bad development, they should have either stripped the experience down so it runs properly or not released for that generation.

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    There's no way you contributed shit to any mythic raid at 10 fps or lower.
    @Ringthane

kek but i did

argus
    https://i.imgur.com/VBpeWz4.jpg

effectively in bfa i could lower the resolution to the point that in jainap1 i could pass the 10 fps, but believe me, the fog phase was a nightmare (still perfectly doable)
    https://i.imgur.com/qcE3VJD.jpg

these are the kill videos (not my pov clearly), i was Ferretti
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4uIClMs_kU
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEak...ature=emb_logo

my char doesnt exist anymore so i dont think i can link you the achievements...
    Last edited by omeomorfismo; 2020-12-12 at 05:30 PM.
    12/6/2009 -23/11/2020 rip little deathstalker Ferretti. proud forsaken, enemy of the livings

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    If a PlayStation 4 game runs like crap on the PlayStation 4 then it's bad development, they should have either stripped the experience down so it runs properly or not released for that generation.
    But why is it treated differently? Why is it that consoles have expectations of perfect game play even though their hardware is dated? Shouldn't the hardware temper expectations just like with PC's? And if they stripped the experience down wouldn't that just leave people to complain about a sub-par experience just the same as now? Because that is what a lot of the complaints are about. The graphics, fps, and other stuff being "stripped down" versions. So it looks bad.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    If you want proof ask any relevant gaming journalist that was refused access to the console versions on the game and had to play it on PC with certain specs...
    Speculation and assumption. CDPR do not have to disclose their reasoning to "journalists" at all. This it is merely a drawn conclusion to suit a grievance.

Its pretty cut and dry dunno why you are being so hostile about it.
    You will need to have something with CDPR actually stating they withheld console review copies for that expressed purpose. Which practically speaking, isn't gonna happen.

There is no hostility. It just is not a valid argument CDPR had to ensure the game performed on all platforms to any user's particular liking equally.

They don't. No developer has to do so.

I highly doubt CDPR made any statements CP2077 was going to perform to X or Y specification to satisfy Joe Gamer.

You just don't have any rights here. Its their product. You choose to buy it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    I've been having a blast playing it on my toaster even with partial slow down though I do agree there is some clear issues with the game and it's unoptimised as hell. I've barely progressed in the main story as I've just been cruising around doing gigs and crime events to level up both Street Cred and my stats to open up more dialogue paths, upgrade options and actually get crafting to work (it's really weird that they made it so high level dependent although it's set up to scale with you) and it's interesting and fun to see all the little stories and lore tidbits that pop up whilst doing the extra stuff. Though some of the bugs have been weird. I did the first brain dance segment and somehow the camera disconnected from my character and was focused on the car that I drove to the club for this mission and it stayed like that even after the second segment so that I had to save and reload to fix it. I've had enemies dodge into cover using their cyber dashes and get permanently stuck unless I fried their augments and I've gotten stuck in areas that I couldn't tell if I should be in due to how free-form and janky the parkour can be. I also had the game crash after I did two consecutive saves in a row and an update that downloaded and started modifying the game's files as I was playing it causing everything to go nuts.

To be frank it's been an odd and fun experience so far and it's honestly been better than a Bethesda launch imo. At least I've yet to have been tricked into walking onto something that just doesn't exist, killed by looking at a basket funny and crashing because the sun was too bright. Now I'm just trying to work out how on earth you're supposed to level Cold Blooded and Athletics since they're the only two skills that lack any obvious associated tasks/activities to do with them.
    Don't know about Cold Blodded, but I accidently leveled up Athletics by bashing cars with a baseballbat, so I guess that's how that works ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    You seem to be really confused as to the difference between a PC and a console. With a PC there are different components such as gfx cards, processors, RAM and hard discs which can be upgraded at the user's will, for this reason game publishers advertise a minimum requirement, which is the lowest specs you need to make the game function, and a recommended requirement which are the specs you need to run the game as the developers intended. If you only have minimum specs you should expect some slowdown and a sub-standard experience. Recommended specs might not run everything maxed out but there shouldn't be any problems detrimental to the experience.

A console does not allow for upgrades the same way. A PlayStation 4 console released at launch for the most part has the same specs as one released today so if a game is released that says "PlayStation 4" on the box then the recommended specs are whatever comes in a PlayStation 4. If a PlayStation 4 game runs like crap on the PlayStation 4 then it's bad development, they should have either stripped the experience down so it runs properly or not released for that generation.
    There is no actual difference here though. Both are just a selection of components and a month or so after they are put together they are "old".
    Well, there is one difference - You can buy a new PC every month while a console will just suck for years untill Sony, Micosoft or whoever makes it gives you a new one to buy.

You'll always worse versions on consoles if the game is designed to function on more than one platform. Especially when you're getting close to the end of a consoles life. I remember GTA V on Xbox 360, that was no beauty either but the game is still great on PC. Just buy a PC and be done with it. You even have a brand new line of GPUs to pick from now and Cyberpunk runs like a dream on them.

I'm having a blast with the game.