It's 39C here at the moment. Anyone want to take that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyera View Post
    I doubt you'll be able to find a Sprite replacement.
    That's like taking the fountain of youth and replacing it with tonic water
    marriage is when you bet someone half your stuff they won't leave

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesparks View Post
    Aye, 'tis. I'm more going through...another gout of demotivation. Not really writer's block. I don't think BWSD's even capable of leaving my head for more than an hour, so writer's block hasn't been a huge issue.
    If I could write for an hour I'd be up to chapter 2 by now >.> Heh. But yeah non pony stuff can be a blast to write. I ACTUALLY started in the Sonicverse with my first fic o.o Still, RPing with my ex doesn't help my motivation at all. When I see the difference between me and her it's just..fuck. there goes all my confidence entirely forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Hobbit stuff?

[video=youtube;JrKXH1CeXck]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrKXH1CeXck[/vieo]
    Everyone gets wrapped on the fact that they can ride Eagles to mount doom.

But there was actually a good reason why they didn't use Eagles. The Ring corrupts great and powerful races. Humans for example were greedy in their desire for power and Boromir was corrupted by simply being around the Ring and not even carrying it.

The Eagles are the oldest and wisest of the races, and would be corrupted by the ring easily by it's power.

A hobbit however has no power, and they are not rich nor do they have great desire to be so. The ring would take a great deal of time to corrupt them.

Which is why Gandalf was able to carry Frodo and Sam off mount doom with eagles, but not drop them off with the eagles.

The LOTR movies were great, but they really failed to emphasize what the ring really did, and what it was doing to Frodo. My mom called Frodo whinny when we saw in theaters, but if she read the book she wouldn't say anything close.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hetalia View Post
    Holy crud D:

Not sure if want. It's like, 4 here

Sig: Elyssia | DJoron is the Best

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesparks View Post
    I thought about it, but all my thoughts/concepts/revelations have been thrown into this story in one way or another, so I don't really have any other writing 'projects', so to speak. I've also considered just shifting universes so that it's the same story just not with ponies, but I rely on the already-established ponyverse for a lot--like that unicorns can use magic, pegasi have wings, dragons exists, magic exists, etc. If I shift universes then I have to at least functionally explain those to the reader, and I'm not sure where or how I'd do that. Establishing the rules of magic is complicated, yo.

On top of that, the story's central theme came out of ponies and is something highly relevant to the fandom in general. It's a theme that concerns anyone who's ever been a fan of any story in any medium ever, but it has special relevance to the fandom IMO, so making it not about ponies would make it lose some of its...not relevance, but...oopmh, I guess?

I've definitely thought about it, believe me. But I still have all my ideas written down and a fair number of them aren't exclusive to the ponyverse.
    sue.
    I can understand not wanting to abandon something you're still writing and thinking about, but the other things you mentioned sound more like negatives to me. The "ponyverse" is more like a restriction than a benefit since you're forced to write about cartoon horses but any more complex mechanics like magic are 99% made up. I'd rather go the whole way and make the whole universe myself, or just use a universe with the rules already written for me.

Again I'm not trying to be deliberately offensive, but the only real reason I can see for using ponies is that they're a free popularity boost. People read and view utter shit as long as it's somehow connected to ponies. I'm not saying you need it, quite the opposite. I don't think a good writer or artist needs the crutch, instead it becomes more of a cage. You're limited in what you can do and you're limited in who you can reach. No matter how "good" any pony fanfiction is, there's no way in hell I'm reading it.

If you're really invested in the pony stuff purely because you love it so much, I suppose I can't argue against that, but I can't understand it either. I suppose that's the whole point, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    Why is clicking on circles so hard

Holy crud D:

Not sure if want. It's like, 4 here
    I also happen to be in a room with no air con or fans, with the windows open, and I'm wearing long pants.

10+ Year Old Account
    I shall not be fooled!

* Clicks

---------- Post added 2013-01-17 at 09:50 PM ----------

I also happen to be in a room with no air con or fans, with the windows open, and I'm wearing long pants.
    Be careful! You could overheat! D:

Quote Originally Posted by Galil ACE View Post
    If I get a car, I'm just going to have some generic car, and not care much about it. Probably add camouflage paint or something, I'm not really a car person.

Jeeps are kinda cool.
    I would probably do the same, I just like the idea of a glow in the dark car.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Galil ACE View Post
    If I get a car, I'm just going to have some generic car, and not care much about it. Probably add camouflage paint or something, I'm not really a car person.

Jeeps are kinda cool.
    My car will be a Skyline R34 GT-R Z-tune. If I manage to get over $200,000 to spend on it, that is. If I can't, I'll just grab an M-spec Nur. Much more reasonable at $90,000

Be careful! You could overheat! D:
    I may hate the heat, but I can live through it, I have to if I want to live here.

10+ Year Old Account
    My car will be a Skyline R34 GT-R Z-tune. If I manage to get over $200,000 to spend on it, that is. If I can't, I'll just grab an M-spec Nur. Much more reasonable at $90,000

I may hate the heat, but I can live through it, I have to if I want to live here.
    We have at least 50 people die per summer around here from heat

We have at least 50 people die per summer around here from heat
    Really? Shit. Luckily I'm smart enough to survive this. I just drink lots and lots of water.

Its -5 outside, you need to come here stat.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    Really? Shit. Luckily I'm smart enough to survive this. I just drink lots and lots of water.
    Australians are probably smarter than Americans

Australians are probably smarter than Americans
    I wouldn't doubt it.

10+ Year Old Account
    School time. I'll never understand writing, so entering the discussion would be pointless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, when you live around a 1000 dangerous animals, remembering to drink water is an easy task

10+ Year Old Account
    That's not a measure of intelligence.

Well, when you live around a 1000 dangerous animals, remembering to drink water is an easy task
    I recommend getting I.V. Access and using a solution of pure moonshine while snorting salt water. That'll kill ya!

* Adorably innocent wall eyed pony said he was going to bed 2 hours ago!

10+ Year Old Account
    Romania being that low is the ultimate proof that our educational system has failed.