Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, 5.2 raid seems rather... big! If it doesn't last for as long as ICC did, then I'm cool with that.

Its bullshit. It ends up being the same 6+ months between raid patches. I don't care about stupid fucking daily quests.

---------- Post added 2013-01-15 at 12:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    I found 5.1 to be significantly better than the troll patch in Cata, hell - it was almost better than 5.3.
    I found the troll patch to be significantly better than 5.1. Your anecdote is no better than mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    Why would they even go for four tiers. I mean what else could they go for for a raid? I mean there is not much left. I mean I can't even think of anything they could go far at this point. The Thunder King would be resolved at this point and what else would they have to deal with?
    Magatha Grimtotem could arrive on Pandaria and subjegate the remaining scattered and shattered Yaungol Tribes into one unified fighting force and attack us. I mean she has a vendetta against us now, and vowed the next time we see her it will be the last.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I wish they hadn't revealed the final tier so we wouldn't have to listen to this kind of complaining all xpac. Are we there yet? Are we there yet?

SoO is the last raid of MoP so I damn well hope it's at least a year from the start of the expansion... frankly I feel like WoW content is coming out way too fast...
    Lets see MoP came out September 25, almost 4 months ago and in another month we will get the second raid tier and you think that is too fast? Raid patches generally come out 5-6 months after release. There have been plenty of time to clear current content and there is still a month to go. If we spend much more time in T14 you would be complaining that we have spent too long on current content and they need to release stuff faster.

Deleted
    I'm happy about, hell I would even want to have more of those lore patches rather than raid, but I don't think I'm in the majority about that.

Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    Opinions differ, I guess.
    I really hate and don't have time to do dailies, and held off on them until 5.1. Shieldwall, however, far exceeded my expectations. Not only did it have a much better introduction quest, I actually...cared about what I was doing during the quests. The "main story" quests were also frequent enough that it didn't feel repetitive to me. I felt like I was doing exactly what the quest line suggested I was doing: pushing against the Horde, while thwarting its schemes. Honestly, if more dailies were like this I could see myself setting aside more time for them. I also really liked the new scenarios, "A Test of Patience" in particular.

I do question why people want dungeons so badly. How do dungeons become any less boring than dailies...? I can't understand it. There would be no story advancement with a new dungeon, just a 30-45 minute event that people would do daily anyway. I mean I'd love a new dungeon full of story, sure, but I really liked the feeling of advancement with Shieldwall. I looked forward to what the next main quest would have me do, and as I worked my way up to that point I left a lot of dead Horde in my wake.

That's enough content for me, really. Add more fun, interesting scenarios and fun, interesting daily hubs and you'll keep me Blizzard.
    Was discussing this on teh official forums last week when someone said running dailies solely for rep is better than dailies because he did not want to be forced to do dailies. I asked him how being forced to run dungeons was any different for those who dislike dungeons. Is reply was that dungeons are inherently better than dailies and every one agrees with him. The next 3 pages were people preferring dailies to dungeons and he never replied again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    Why would they even go for four tiers. I mean what else could they go for for a raid? I mean there is not much left. I mean I can't even think of anything they could go far at this point. The Thunder King would be resolved at this point and what else would they have to deal with?
    They can make a lot of things, but you know that it depends on what they do on path 4.3, they can create a new story, or develop any race story for example a Saurok story and a new raid for that, or maybe a new raid with the moggu that wanted to take the power after the destruction of the thunder king..., so in general it depends on the story they make in path 4.3

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Could be a final, minor patch after the SoO patch. I mean, combining a small element of content along with the pre-(NextXpac) systems change patch, or maybe having both separate.

Couple scenarios and/or dungeons to wrap up the plot, maybe a one-shot raid boss (not a full tier) to herald the coming of (insert next foe here), like Halion foreshadowing Deathwing's return, in Wrath.
    The blue comment was that SoO is the final patch of MoP. So unless we are getting 4 tiers of raiding, SoO is the final patch of MoP in 5.4 and the next expansion should be out lat winter early spring 2014.

---------- Post added 2013-01-15 at 01:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Teks View Post
    I just have to ask, to the people saying SoO is in 5.4 (?), has blizzard actually confirmed anything called Siege of Orgrimmar? Or is this the Titan syndrome? People talking about something that doesn't exist (yet or maybe never) because it exists in their head?
    If they have confirmed it then i'll bite my tongue, but i've never seen mentioned by any other than MMO-champ forum posters.
    Looking for the Blue quote right now, but it said SoO is the last content patch of MoP. Will edit when I find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    Its bullshit. It ends up being the same 6+ months between raid patches. I don't care about stupid fucking daily quests.

---------- Post added 2013-01-15 at 12:20 PM ----------

I found the troll patch to be significantly better than 5.1. Your anecdote is no better than mine.
    Thats the thing, the majority of the players don't agree with you....

Blizzard learned a important lesson during WOTLK and Cata. As long as people have a reason to log they will and putting allot of content (yes dailys included) makes them burn content faster.
    Last edited by ati87; 2013-01-15 at 03:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Qprahwndfury View Post
    Magatha Grimtotem could arrive on Pandaria and subjegate the remaining scattered and shattered Yaungol Tribes into one unified fighting force and attack us. I mean she has a vendetta against us now, and vowed the next time we see her it will be the last.
    Ohhh look a good plot, also these will be good to put some tauren content (that would be cool)

Deleted
    As long as it's good content I don't mind having a non raid tier patch every other patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Byniri View Post
    Quote from this thread on the forums: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7592242035

How does everyone feel about this?

This goes by what I predicted about MoP; that it would have more patches more often.

Ok i give, what are you implying?

More content be it good, bad or otherwise entertaining, is the point of the game. The only trouble i can see is that ppl are drip feed content so that they don't feel overwhelmed and burn out in the first month and of course to keep people paying their month sub (which i do happily).

Quote Originally Posted by Qprahwndfury View Post
    Garrosh is in bed with the Grimtotem, I have a feeling she or they will be part of the SoO raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefhamer View Post
    Garrosh is in bed with the Grimtotem, I have a feeling she or they will be part of the SoO raid.
    I don't think Garrosh have any conection to the Grimtotem but i would love to see them forming part as new content, maybe a new group of quests and then a dungeon or a raid :P

I wonder if we will have 5.5 patch (or whatever number): patch after last raid tier, but not 6.0.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/?page=2

Under the:

Patch 5.2 - New Spell Animations, Blue Posts, Blue Tweets, Holiday Favorites

A blue post says that:

but new 5 mans would also give something to do on non-raid days that's an alternative to dailies :-)
    We love new dungeons. There isn't infinite time every patch and if we only do 1-2 dungeons at a time, players get sick of them.
    I am hoping this means that with 5.3, we may see 3-4+. While I wouldn't complain to only have 1-2, it would make things interesting for additional challenge modes and to have a refreshing change of pace.

Amazing sig compliments of Alyajna!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    I wonder if we will have 5.5 patch (or whatever number): patch after last raid tier, but not 6.0.
    Is most likely that we will have one more lore-patch after the last raid

I personally like the way they are handling Patches in MoP. The spacing seems about right for most normal everyday players, and they are adding enough different types of things that most people can find something they enjoy doing. For the first time in a long time WoW is a game I just want to log in and play. I don't care if I raid, don't really care what I do, just wanna play. That is an odd feeling after playing for 7 years to have but its nice.

Heck I even just joined a new guild to try and meet some new people and see what else I can find to get in too.

1. this is nothing new as has been stated we will get a raid tier every second content patch, which would make 5.0, 5.2, 5.4.
    2. We dont have 5.2 life yet you already on the barrikades for 5.3?
    3. who cares for number of patches? I wouldnt mind to get the next raiding tier no in 5.2 but in 5.17 as long as it would be somewhen withing the next 2 month. So time between tiers count not number of patches.