Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Part of say Wrath legendary Parat of Dragon's Wrath and..a little bit of Wrathion's fang of the father. Oh and Faroth I saw you via CRZ the other day in Shattrath ;P
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    or H Yogg to get Valanyr
    Yes you did. 25man was considered Heroic mode during Ulduar and Naxx times, you couldn't get it in 10man. Don't confuse Hard mode with Heroic mode like so many people do today.

Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    So gem is legendary and items isnt, how can that be? guess we mix those colors ( purple + orange ) and we get a new items super duper semi epic legendary?

Gem doesnt make item legendary since item cant be used until you get weapon to put it on and even then item ( weapon ) will be only epic and in some cases even worse then socketed Sha weapon ( like elite version of dagger ). Having it in your bags and not being able to use it is just a waste of space, wont help you with progress, killing boss, well nothing. Same was with every item you had to get in order to create legendary weapon, its just an item nothing else....
    This is highly flawed logic. Everything is just an item, what is your point?

I never said putting a legendary gem in an epic weapon makes the weapon legendary. It just makes it.... an epic weapon with a legendary gem.

Much like if you are decked in full epics with a legendary weapon, you don't have a "legendary" set of gear.

---------- Post added 2013-01-18 at 09:59 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    Yes you did. 25man was considered Heroic mode during Ulduar and Naxx times, you couldn't get it in 10man. Don't confuse Hard mode with Heroic mode like so many people do today.
    This is wrong. Yogg+0 lights was considered "Heroic" during Ulduar.

"Immortal" was considered "Heroic" during Naxx.

It's like you didn't even raid back then.

i dont see why some people all just want more of the same. i, for one, like my 9k spellpower mace with 700 crit.

i will admit i would have preferred 5.2 give us a weapon proc with an ilvl upgrade, but, a meta gem might be cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    After a rogue was given the legendary bow from sunwell instead of a hunter, blizzard had to change the way they were distributed. It was a huge controversy and i don't think blizzard wanted to let it happen again. The quest chains that lead to legendary weapons are a lot better. A legendary isn't legendary because it's rare, or because it has an orange link. It's legendary because of the lore about it's past, and it's power. Quest lines can tell that story, Rng cannot.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    In fact it should be green because thats what it is if everyone can get it. Legendary items used to mean something, and it took high end raiding to obtain them. Its funny how Blizzard has totally shifted their position of it being an item of prestige and honor to where its at now...

"Oh hey look, you dont even need to be in a raid guild to get a legendary!"

(thought bubble) "Jaylock thinks this is terrible game design."

Your thoughts on the "legendary" item this expansion?

Item QUALITY =/= RARITY

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Luciferiuz View Post

I never said putting a legendary gem in an epic weapon makes the weapon legendary. It just makes it.... an epic weapon with a legendary gem.

Much like if you are decked in full epics with a legendary weapon, you don't have a "legendary" set of gear.

No they weren't. Obviously you didn't raid back then, or you'd know that the achievement for clearing naxx on 25man was called "Heroic: Fall of Naxxramas". Same for the ulduar achievements. Educate yourself before you deliberately post blatant lies.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

They were called hard modes. Heroic mode wasn't termed until ToC when they had heroic modes...

Whats the point in making it legendary then if it truly isnt legendary at all? If any person can get their grubby hands on one, how is it legendary? Its common then.
    It's legendary if it's orange. Go away.

Much like if you are decked in full epics with a legendary weapon, you don't have a "legendary" set of gear.[COLOR="red"]
    The point is that ( in this case gem ) is an item with orange txt, its only that color since it is part of a legendary chain, same with shards you had to get nothing else. Wont help you in anyway since everyone can get it ( well anyone who collected 10/10 ) same with shards. People are jumping to conclusion, so what if that gem has a cool orange color, it wont make any difference to a guild in progress since bonus 500 on some stats isnt game breaking in any way and wont gibe you advantage over a guild who has 10 of those weapons with 0 gems. No it doesnt it makes it epic weapon, needed for legendary quest, nothing else since you can use that weapon without a gem.

No one ever called legendary set as far as i can remember...

Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    They were called hard modes. Heroic mode wasn't termed until ToC when they had heroic modes...
    I'm fully aware of that. They were the ones who misappropriated the term "heroic" by applying it to the 25 man version. I just phrased it in similar language so they would understand.

10+ Year Old Account
    A'teish was the only real legendary this game ever had.

In fact it should be green because thats what it is if everyone can get it. Legendary items used to mean something, and it took high end raiding to obtain them. Its funny how Blizzard has totally shifted their position of it being an item of prestige and honor to where its at now...

"Oh hey look, you dont even need to be in a raid guild to get a legendary!"

(thought bubble) "Jaylock thinks this is terrible game design."

Your thoughts on the "legendary" item this expansion?
    Here we go again. When will you ever learn? The way this legendary is being done is perfectly fine and the days of special snowflakes ended many years ago. It is time to move on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Special Snowflake is upset he's not as special anymore.... NEWS @ 11

But seriously... who cares? If people are willing to put in the time to work
    towards the legendary then all the more power to them. It was due time blizz
    did an "individual" legendary setup.
    And eight, eight, I forget what eight was for

No they weren't. Obviously you didn't raid back then, or you'd know that the achievement for clearing naxx on 25man was called "Heroic: Fall of Naxxramas". Same for the ulduar achievements. Educate yourself before you deliberately post blatant lies.
    http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=2895
    http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=577

Sorry, you were saying something about blatant lies?

Except you're just arguing semantics. Yes, it was called heroic back then, but that was only because the 10/25/10H/25H dichotomy did not exist yet. In reality, that was simply 25 man mode. Which isn't what people are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    No they didn't. You didn't need to down H rag to get Dragonwrath, you didn't need to down H Madness to get the daggers, you didn't need to kill H Lich King to get Shadowmourne, or H Yogg to get Valanyr. BC legendaries were just random luck, same with classic.
    Legendaries prior meant you had fortitude with drops and were a favoured member of the raiding guild you were in (which is not synonymous with performance) and nothing more.
    I don't think anyone during Cata thought that legendaries were super rare or required a ton of skill. To get while it was current content USED to be hard, but yes, things have changed.

During Vanilla and TBC, however, they were extremely rare and were definitely a huge deal. While I understand most of the current playerbase didn't play back then or doesn't remember it, pretty much everyone on the server knew who had a legendary, cause it was that big of a deal. It did take a very good raiding guild in order to get legendaries, because (until the 3.0 nerfs) the content was that hard, and it took a ton of time and commitment.... even if it was semi-RNG based. The fact reminds, no matter how "RNG" it was, people who were scrubs never ever had a legendary during Vanilla or TBC.

With Wotlk, Val'anyr was fairly rare, but mostly because it required you to raid 25 man and to be good enough to do Ulduar during the short time it was actually current content....

Then the game changed. ToC came out, and with its 5 bosses people quickly got bored and had extra time. People went back (with much better gear) and farmed 25 Ulduar for Val'anyr. ICC came out, and Shadowmourne was equally hard to get as Val'anyr was, but ICC was "current content" for almost a year.... so after 6+ months it was a common item to have. People got bored of ICC and went back to farm 25 Ulduar, so more Vals came out then as well.

Cata completely changed how Blizzard did legendaries. They saw how many legendaries came out during the huge ICC break, and saw how much its players loved legendaries, and wanted to run with that idea. It became something that anyone could obtain simply from SUBBING for multiple months. I personally ran (with alts) in multiple pugs or GDKP runs during FLs and DS where people worked on their legendaries. It was common stuff. MoP has only taken it a step further..... anyone who is willing to stay subbed to Blizzard's game for 1 year and do LFR every week can obtain a legendary. That's their new approach. I wish I was kidding. It is just a new scheme to keep subs.

OT: So while I agree that Cata (and wotlk to a lesser extent) legendaries didn't require much skill, if you actually played during Vanilla and TBC then you know how rare and good you had to be in order to actually have legendaries back then while it was current content.

Quote Originally Posted by Enhshamanlol View Post
    Lmao, Every decent top 1000 us guild? I want to say. guild in dragon soul. Your raid had anywhere from two to four legnedary rogues and 8+ range dps with dragonwrath
    I believe he was mainly talking about pre-shadowmourne legendaries. You know, the ones that were high class enough you couldn't go to Wal-mart to buy them. By the end of Ulduar guilds had 2, maybe 3 Valany'r unless they were supremely lucky, ran multiple 25's, or recruited in more. Compare that to Shadowmourne, and then all the following ones. I know my guild in BT only ever got one Warglaive (not a set, just one), and Sunwell we never saw hide nor hair of the bow. I personally think the Ulduar ratio is probably the right one, since it is good enough that you want it but doesn't throw off balance, and you only ever got a couple anyway. Legendary weapons that get to the point that they start going to off spec classes is getting far too common.

Quote Originally Posted by tehdef View Post
    My thoughts are that you are a terribly annoying person, and you never ever have anything good to say about the game. You incessantly create posts, with none of them lauding the developers of the game. You do however openly criticize their decisions on a nearly daily basis, and it's really getting old. I actually would love for you to no longer be able to post on the forums. Mods, any help here?
    I think you are just bitter that there is enough to complain about this game anymore that he can create new and separate posts this often in order to discuss them. While some of his topics can be rubbish, many of them I have stumbled across are much more real concerns than the blind favoritism advocated by some people like yourself. While WoW has it's good points, many of those points have disappeared or been warped over time. God forbid someone care about the game as a whole, and dislike how it has come out.

To use the girlfriend example since many people like that... Imagine your girlfriend you've had for years suddenly decided to get breast reductions and go on a binge diet of ice cream and cake until she looked like Roseann. That would be a problem you would want to fix, and not just "accept it as what it is" as you folks like to say.

Hey Time Machine Man. Cool story bro!

Deleted
    http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=2895
    http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=577

Sorry, you were saying something about blatant lies?
    Linking today's achievements after they changed them to prove a point you clearly lied about? Fail more.