Page 21 of 83 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FruitBat69 View Post
    If you mean change the current warlock form and give it to the new demon hunter class, theres no way Blizz is going to do that. Every warlock player would complain to high heaven.
    just make warlocks transform into nathrezim. boom problem solved.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    if you dont have beer you have a rogue with a cool travel spell
    What about Breath of Fire, Drunken Brawler, and SE&F?

Imagine if people wanted a Brewmaster if Breath of Fire was with Mages, Drunken Haze was with Rogues, SE&F were with Shaman, and Drunken Brawler was with Warriors. Do you honestly believe that there would be a class called Brewmasters brought into the game at that point? Seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If you don't have meta and immolation, you have a Rogue with mana burn.
    The same way if you weren't drunk, you weren't a Monk/Brewmaster? I remember all the forum posts about that, when Blizzard removed all hints of the word 'Drunken' from the Monk arsenal.

Spells change. Words change. Class perceptions change. You think Meta/Immolation Aura define Demon Hunter? I'd get yourself checked for amnesia. No one's saying Demon Hunter HAS to be/look like Illidan; you are claiming that is the argument of those who argue against you in order to deny the credibility of the argument on behalf of Demon Hunters. A Strawman, I think that's called..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    As a Gnome Player, and as a friend of the voice actor Dino Andrade.

I can tell you you have no clue what you are talking about.

His gear:
    Head - Specialized Bio-Optic Killshades
    Shoulders - Templar Pauldrons
    Chest - Leonine Breastplate
    Backk - Any of the Gnomeregan Capes
    Tabard - Gnomeregan Tabard
    Hands - Spritualist's Gauntlets
    Waist - Highlander's Plate Girdle
    Legs - Eldritch Reinforced Legplates
    Feet - Golden Cenarion Greaves
    Weapon - Argent Resolve
    Shield - Force Reactive Disk

Clearly it's all plate, but lets look at his abilities.
    He Sunders he's melee, he charges. ... Well those sound like Warrior abilities. Now when he is in story mode he uses Engineering Items, but than so does my Warlock and My Death Knight.

He is not the Tinker class. Only a small handful off bosses have been tinkers. All tinkers in game have used Meks.
    Don't take it up with me, take it up with Blizzard. That's the character class they put him into.

I get where you're coming from, I just feel that the enter description you read describes someone using magic to me. Being a warrior (think the term, not the class) or being formidable in combat don't directly relate to melee. A powerful magic user would fit that description perfectl.

I ihink of a Night Elf Demon Hunter as a sub type of the warlock class.
    Similar to a Dwarf Mountain King as a sub type of the warrior class.
    Similar to an Orc Far Seer as a sub type of the Shaman class.

Imagine if people wanted a Brewmaster if Breath of Fire was with Mages, Drunken Haze was with Rogues, SE&F were with Shaman, and Drunken Brawler was with Warriors. Do you honestly believe that there would be a class called Brewmasters brought into the game at that point? Seriously?
    yes. the spells dont make the brewmaster. the animations do. a brewmaster is a drunken monk. i dont even use any of those spells and i feel lie a brewmaster. its all in the look, attitude, and theme.

give demon hunters a few vanity spells, pop them in some tier gear, slap some glaives on their hands and they could be casting mana tap all day and it would feel like a demon hunter

---------- Post added 2013-01-24 at 08:48 PM ----------

Don't take it up with me, take it up with Blizzard. That's the character class they put him into.
    no thats the character class someone on wowpedia put im in. wowpedia isnt blizzard
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    That isn't what his profile says.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Gelbin_Mekkatorque
    WOWWiki is not moderated. Anyone can edit it. The fact is his combat abilities only come out when a horde player fights him. When He fights he uses Warrior abilities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    The same way if you weren't drunk, you weren't a Monk/Brewmaster? I remember all the forum posts about that, when Blizzard removed all hints of the word 'Drunken' from the Monk arsenal.

Spells change. Words change. Class perceptions change. You think Meta/Immolation Aura define Demon Hunter? I'd get yourself checked for amnesia. No one's saying Demon Hunter HAS to be/look like Illidan; you are claiming that is the argument of those who argue against you in order to deny the credibility of the argument on behalf of Demon Hunters. A Strawman, I think that's called..
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post19972666

Deleted
    just make warlocks transform into nathrezim. boom problem solved.
    Just give warlocks the demonic wings that the glyph usually gives, frankly - it looks better.

Alternatively, let both of them have meta but have it work differently - there's lore out there that claims warlocks studies illidans abilities - that's lore justifying the ability being on two different classes, surely.

Deathcoil was on DKs and Warlocks for a long time before it was renamed Mortal Coil. Rename the warlock ability "Demonic Ascension" or somesuch and you've done the exact same thing.

Linking to a post telling you to stop going in circles, while going in circles - classy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Warlocks have Metamorphosis and Immolation. That's 50% of the Demon's Hunters abilities. Keep in mind, with Monks, the Brewmaster's abilities were reused throughout the class. Good luck implementing a class where half the abilities are in another class.

The Warlock glyph is called the Glyph of Demon Hunting for a reason.

Does this look familiar to anyone?

Mine is creepier

Still not a melee class.

i dont get it O-O that link doesnt have meta or immo in it. or any abilities. just illidan/random night elfs pre meta with glaives sneakin around. in other words exactly what i said.

I win /Endthread

What he linked was Demon Hunters, not the Black Temple Illidan. When the Most Self-Defeating Debater of the Year Awards make a return, i'll put a nomination in for you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    Just give warlocks the demonic wings that the glyph usually gives, frankly - it looks better.

Alternatively, let both of them have meta but have it work differently - there's lore out there that claims warlocks studies illidans abilities - that's lore justifying the ability being on two different classes, surely.

Deathcoil was on DKs and Warlocks for a long time before it was renamed Mortal Coil. Rename the warlock ability "Demonic Ascension" or somesuch and you've done the exact same thing.

Linking to a post telling you to stop going in circles, while going in circles - classy.
    I think out of all the different ways to do it, I think this is the best one. Still Blizz really shot themselves in the foot.

10+ Year Old Account
    yes. the spells dont make the brewmaster.
    Actually they do. If you don't have the spells from WC3, its no longer part of that lore anymore.

We should also note that there's a reason the class is called Monks and not Brewmasters.

no thats the character class someone on wowpedia put im in. wowpedia isnt blizzard
    Then change it. Good luck with that.

BTW I find it hilarious that you're trying to argue that someone called a "High Tinker" isn't a Tinker.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FruitBat69 View Post
    Immolation aura maybe. Metamorphosis? Sorry I disagree. You cant have a demon hunter without it especially if we are talking about making it have 3-4 specs.
    A demon Hunter class only needs it for one spec, Tanking. It would also be a permanent stance. As for model it would be a demonic stylization of the Player character. IE make them a bit bigger with wings horns and black/grey skin. and a different lower body.

BTW I find it hilarious that you're trying to argue that someone called a "High Tinker" isn't a Tinker.
    Yep, and Arch Druids are totally the same as the player Druids too.

10+ Year Old Account
    What he linked was Demon Hunters, not the Black Temple Illidan. When the Most Self-Defeating Debater of the Year Awards make a return, i'll put a nomination in for you.
    What was linked was someone wanting to look like Illidan after you said;

No one's saying Demon Hunter HAS to be/look like Illidan; you are claiming that is the argument of those who argue against you in order to deny the credibility of the argument on behalf of Demon Hunters.
    Follow your own argument much?

---------- Post added 2013-01-25 at 01:55 AM ----------

Yep, and Arch Druids are totally the same as the player Druids too.
    You do understand that Arch Druids are druids right?

Actually they do. If you don't have the spells from WC3, its no longer part of that lore anymore.

We should also note that there's a reason the class is called Monks and not Brewmasters.

Then change it. Good luck with that.

blizzard explained during blizzcon that they were originally just going to call it a brewmaster but that they felt the name didnt fit but as a whole the monk was still pretty much a brewmaster with expanded lore and abilities.

the monk as a whole is a brewmaster. when you are playing a windwalker you are a brewmaster when you are playing a mistweaver you are a brewmaster

10+ Year Old Account

All of these have already been in the game in the past, Breath of Fire was from a food, drunken haze was a couple of melee weapons. Blizzard reuses mechanics all the time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    A demon Hunter class only needs it for one spec, Tanking. It would also be a permanent stance. As for model it would be a demonic stylization of the Player character. IE make them a bit bigger with wings horns and black/grey skin. and a different lower body.
    I agree with you, a slight downfall of the common metamorphosis spell is that it doesn't take into account the player's gender or race.