Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

[Music] The new music industry is like a cancer

What has happened to it? We have people with no musical talent such as Nicki Minaj, Lil Wayne and other lesser humans destroying it.

How has it gone from people like Queen, Cash, Marilyn Manson, Metallica etc to the crap we have being drilled into the young populations growing up?

I ask this because I saw a teen guy who looked around 20 listening to that devil womans rubbish (name at the top).

It's like a cancer and its only spreading!

Deleted
    So basically, if people don't like what you like they're "lesser humans". Awesome. How about you let people listen to whatever they want to listen to and mind your own business?

Deleted
    How has it gone from people like Queen, Cash, Marilyn Manson, Metallica etc to the crap we have being drilled into the young populations growing up?
    Rose-tinted goggles. The previous generation had loads of shit music in the charts, you just don't remember it because it's not worth remembering.

Mainstream, yes, I agree. Complete utter bullshit now a days. Although there is a lot of these cancerous artists in almost all genres, there still is an underworld of "real" artists in their respected genres. So basically if you want real music, support your local bands, and the rare old school underground artists who dont sell out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wælcyrie View Post
    What has happened to it? We have people with no musical talent such as Nicki Minaj, Lil Wayne and other lesser humans destroying it.

I ask this because I saw a teen guy who looked around 20 listening to that devil womans rubbish (name at the top).

why do you even care what other listen to? let them listen to lilwaynes wierd voice as much as they want

Deleted
    Every generation says this. I'm pretty sure it's been that way since the classical era.

10+ Year Old Account

What you like to listen to=/ What others like to listen to.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

The people that listen to that type of music usually have no class and wear their pants around their knees, just sayin'.

They aren't what I listen to, they are just some bands I've listened to in the past.
    If I was to list stuff I do listen to I'll be here typing a huge wall of text.

This post to me seems like you are upset that the music you like is no longer popular and other stuff is.

I don't like any of the bands you posted but I do not think the people making or listening to it are "lesser humans".

15+ Year Old Account
    So you say you can die of listening to JB or Niki Minaj or whoever is also terrible at making music but does it anyway? There's multiple cures to that, most of those aren't humane...

Good music is subjective. What you like isn't what others like. Sure, 12 year old girls can't really decide what they like as they do not think before they do, but what you like isn't what I like.
    Last edited by Taurenburger; 2013-01-31 at 02:23 PM.

I find it pretty amusing for someone to say, "kids these days just don't understand good music like Marilyn Manson".

10+ Year Old Account
    They aren't what I listen to, they are just some bands I've listened to in the past.
    If I was to list stuff I do listen to I'll be here typing a huge wall of text.
    And why does it hardly matter what someone else listens to and make this very insulting thread?
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I find it pretty amusing for someone to say, "kids these days just don't understand good music like Marilyn Manson".
    Add that they put Queen in the same sentence.

Deleted
    Ok OP, it goes like this.

People always listened to crap music, but it wasn't so widespread. With the coming of internet, mp3 players, etc, it's become easy to hear what music you like whenever you like.

The problem here is that the most successful music artists aren't really good. But they know how to attract younger people, by their lifestyle, by the lyrics of their songs, by being rebels and whatnot. Now, different then before, because of internet and so on, more people get to hear music coming from... Korea for example, like Gangam style. Yes, I'm sorry, I think it's a bad song, but I need to say that it is catchy indeed, just bad catchy.
    And then you get to this point where many teenagers listen to this things that some of us consider rubbish. Now, why did I say teenagers, because of next point. In highschool and at that time there's some people who are full of themselves but they are more succesful then the rest. And then there's a bunch of copy-cats who follow the trend. And once the trend of listening to... Nicky Minaj is established, both the highschool divas and the copy-cats get to listen to it. Now, because both groups are loud(one because they're obnoxious, the other trying to make themselves look cool) you see stuff like this everywhere.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    And why does it hardly matter what someone else listens to and make this very insulting thread?
    Generic = shit. Not always, but more often than not.

I do think it's a little undeniable that the industry has gone downhill ever since the internet. I'm not going to speak towards quality of music, because that's subjective, but the styles of music and the way artists have been treated has definitely changed in recent years, and I personally think it has been for the worse. The internet allows a lot of amazing artists to bypass corporate entities that attempt to control their music, leading to the industry only desiring the most catchy and accessible artists available to make money while they still can.

you realise this is just you getting old right? and the generation before you made the same exact rants about the music industry.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's amusing how people tend to barricade themselves behind either "Queen" or "The Beatles" when despising newer generations, or how Kurt Cobain and Nirvana is "what's up".
    The perfumed* boys he wrapped in chains and threw into the sea. They were unnatural creatures, and the ship smelled better once cleansed of their presence.

*Degenerative Casuals

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    Ok OP, it goes like this.

People always listened to crap music, but it wasn't so widespread. With the coming of internet, mp3 players, etc, it's become easy to hear what music you like whenever you like.

The problem here is that the most successful music artists aren't really good. But they know how to attract younger people, by their lifestyle, by the lyrics of their songs, by being rebels and whatnot. Now, different then before, because of internet and so on, more people get to hear music coming from... Korea for example, like Gangam style. Yes, I'm sorry, I think it's a bad song, but I need to say that it is catchy indeed, just bad catchy.
    And then you get to this point where many teenagers listen to this things that some of us consider rubbish. Now, why did I say teenagers, because of next point. In highschool and at that time there's some people who are full of themselves but they are more succesful then the rest. And then there's a bunch of copy-cats who follow the trend. And once the trend of listening to... Nicky Minaj is established, both the highschool divas and the copy-cats get to listen to it. Now, because both groups are loud(one because they're obnoxious, the other trying to make themselves look cool) you see stuff like this everywhere.
    Problem with statements like this. What is good and bad in music is completely opinion based. What you think is good, I can think is complete crap. For instance the bands in the OP's post. I do not like Marilyn Manson or Metallica and I do not think they even belong in the same sentence as Queen. You can sit there and throw in your little generalizations like "highschool divas" and "copycats" all you want but it will still always be your opinion.

And the music that becomes mainstream has always been about luck and the right marketing. The only difference now is there are more avenues to get your music out there now and get "discovered".