Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    No Earth element? What is this rubbish? Earth shock, Earthliving, Earth shield and about 3-5 different Earth totems and rickbiter - that's plenty of earth - get it right before whining...

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    No Earth element? What is this rubbish? Earth shock, Earthliving, Earth shield and about 3-5 different Earth totems and rickbiter - that's plenty of earth - get it right before whining...
    Read well before replying my friend. He said no earth based spec. All the specs use spells from all schools, but resto is water based, enancemenet air based, and elemental fire based.

No earth based spec.

He did not say no earth element, he said no earth SPEC.

Deleted
    as a Warlock, no
    Cloth wearing class's (regardless of being in demo form or not) should not be tanking outside of niche encounters / oh shit moment's, Especially if it requires a specific glyph to work.

Quote Originally Posted by DomesticViolence View Post
    I think all classes should have an additional spec slot for PVP only.
    Bad idea. I'm sure with a system like that in place all the classes with the ability to heal would get a PvP spec dedicated to healing and to be competitive in a min-maxing world they would be forced to heal in PvP.

Cloth wearing class's (regardless of being in demo form or not) should not be tanking outside of niche encounters / oh shit moment's, Especially if it requires a specific glyph to work.
    If it was a spec there would be no need for that glyph, it would be built into the spec.
    Last edited by zorkuus; 2013-02-08 at 07:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Earthliving is water. Rockbiter is the Earth Imbue and it's next to worthless. Earth Shock and 3-5 totems isn't enough earth when you have entire specs dedicated to the other three elements.

A hunter spec where the hunter has several pet abilities that cause the pet to aid players and also healing traps and healing shots, how is that hard to make? I for one think it would be interesting. Bring aspect of the viper back for that spec and make them mana users with it similar to monks and mist weaving.

As for warriors, I had 2 secondary tank ideas (priests have 2 heal specs so don't say anything about it lol), Juggernaut which would allow the warrior to dual wield shields and have all fist/shield based abilities. The other idea was to make blademaster a spec and have another 2handed tank that utilizes shorter cooldown banners they can place to aid with tanking and have an active style mitigation where every time you use a few set abilities you have a chance to generate a Deflection charge and if it gets to 5 stacks your guaranteed to deflect the next spell or ability.

All kinds of ways to do stuff.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Earthliving is water. Rockbiter is the Earth Imbue and it's next to worthless. Earth Shock and 3-5 totems isn't enough earth when you have entire specs dedicated to the other three elements.
    No - Earthliving is Nature based, it involves water and Earth. And Earth shock is a Big part of Elemental just like borg Earthliving and Earth shield is a Big part of restoration. And yes, it's more than enough honestly, what you don't seem to grasp is the individual concepts of the shaman specs. Elemental used fire, air, Earth and even water (frost shock) to inflict harm. Enhancement conjures dirty the totemic powers of the ancestors through spirits, the raging fire and storms of the worlds to inflict harm and restoration symbolizes the healing and nourising powers if the Earth symbolizing both water and Earth to mend and heal.

---------- Post added 2013-02-08 at 08:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    Read well before replying my friend. He said no earth based spec. All the specs use spells from all schools, but resto is water based, enancemenet air based, and elemental fire based.

No earth based spec.

He did not say no earth element, he said no earth SPEC.
    Earth is utility, and is therefor found in all specs. Oh and Elemental primarollo used air through lightbing Bolt and engangement used a lot of fire through lava lash. Just because Ascendancy tuens you into X Elemental doesn't mean that it's your main element,

Earth is utility, and is therefor found in all specs. Oh and Elemental primarollo used air through lightbing Bolt and engangement used a lot of fire through lava lash. Just because Ascendancy tuens you into X Elemental doesn't mean that it's your main element,
    As elemental, your primary damaging spells are flame shock and lava burst. If they are off the cd, you should prioritize them over LB ALWAYS.

As enancement, your damage come more from air associated spells. Also, its not just ascendancy, its also weapon imbues (Flame for elemental, wind for enancement).

Elemental is fire based, Enancement is wind based, and Resto is water based, those are facts. Earth is missing from the specs (not from abilities).

Also, earth is utility? Since when? Earth is defense, not utility.

No - Earthliving is Nature based, it involves water and Earth. And Earth shock is a Big part of Elemental just like borg Earthliving and Earth shield is a Big part of restoration. And yes, it's more than enough honestly, what you don't seem to grasp is the individual concepts of the shaman specs. Elemental used fire, air, Earth and even water (frost shock) to inflict harm. Enhancement conjures dirty the totemic powers of the ancestors through spirits, the raging fire and storms of the worlds to inflict harm and restoration symbolizes the healing and nourising powers if the Earth symbolizing both water and Earth to mend and heal.
    They all can use every element but are centered around 1 more so than others

Elemental Primary spells: Lava Burst, Fire shock, Searing Totem, and Elemental Blast
    Restoration Primary Spells: Riptide, Healing Wave, Greater Healing Wave, and Earth Shield (For Tanks)
    Enhancement Primary Spells: Wind Fury Weapon, Storm Strike, Lightning Bolt and Lava Lash (Enhancement uses them all the most)

I think the argument is each spec is centered around one elemental focus while still diving into the other elements for help.
    Last edited by Unholyground; 2013-02-08 at 08:15 PM.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    As elemental, your primary damaging spells are flame shock and lava burst. If they are off the cd, you should prioritize them over LB ALWAYS.

As enancement, your damage come more from air associated spells. Also, its not just ascendancy, its also weapon imbues (Flame for elemental, wind for enancement).

Elemental is fire based, Enancement is wind based, and Resto is water based, those are facts. Earth is missing from the specs (not from abilities).

Also, earth is utility? Since when? Earth is defense, not utility.
    So you are just gonna ignore the fact that Elemental spams lightbing Bolt and Chain lightning and that they use lightning shield, and that enhancement used lava lash and flametongue as well? Oh and Eartbing is pretty much a utility spell, so there.

So you are just gonna ignore the fact that Elemental spams lightbing Bolt and Chain lightning and that they use lightning shield, and that enhancement used lava lash and flametongue as well? Oh and Eartbing is pretty much a utility spell, so there.
    troll is going to troll no matter how many times we explain that
    ele is fire based
    enhan is air based
    resto is water based
    but no spec is earth BASED

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by krunksmash View Post
    troll is going to troll no matter how many times we explain that
    ele is fire based
    enhan is air based
    resto is water based
    but no spec is earth BASED
    Cute... My point is that Earth is utility, therefor all specs have the same (more or less) amount if Earth spells. Oh, and Elemental still used lightning Bolt a lot more than lava burst, not to mention that lava burst wasn't even in the gale until Wotlk.... So yeah, both Ele and Enh used air and they both have Big, hard hitting fire-base cd's, like lava burst and lava lash.

Deleted
    No other class needs a fourth spec as they dident have 2 in 1 tree prior to mop.

Quote Originally Posted by LuxyEU View Post
    No other class needs a fourth spec as they dident have 2 in 1 tree prior to mop.
    actualy enhan did in classic. it was a hybrid dps/tank also lore supports a shammy tank.

Quote Originally Posted by LuxyEU View Post
    No other class needs a fourth spec as they didn't have 2 in 1 tree prior to mop.
    Just because druids had a form they could change into for tanking abilities doesn't mean that they were the only ones that had 2 specs in one tree cause Demo locks and enh have been tanks in the past both in vanilla and in TBC. If you were to make the bear form argument well Have you ever seen the glyph DA it does the same thing just doesn't make you uncritable.

Actually locks tanked all the way until ICC with the princes.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by krunksmash View Post
    actualy enhan did in classic. it was a hybrid dps/tank also lore supports a shammy tank.
    Lore does not support a tank shaman. Not even a little bit. Lore hardly even mentioned enhancement as it is. The brief shaman lore there is talks of them as mentors, wise men and dages who something talks to the spirits or summons a thunderbolt or a flood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lore does not support a tank shaman. Not even a little bit. Lore hardly even mentioned enhancement as it is. The brief shaman lore there is talks of them as mentors, wise men and dages who something talks to the spirits or summons a thunderbolt or a flood.
    Someone has a shaman stiffy and doesn't like the idea of change.

It is an MMO New lore is made constantly, if you don't like new stuff MMO's are not for you.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Someone has a shaman stiffy and doesn't like the idea of change.
    Not even close bubbah.... I just don't like people posting nonsense or stuff they can't back with sources or proof... Nice try though (well not really...)

---------- Post added 2013-02-08 at 09:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    It is an MMO New lore is made constantly, if you don't like new stuff MMO's are not for you.
    Obviously - still doesn't change the fact that enhancement is hardly mentioned in the lore.... Honestly people, at least try to back your claims with something else than your own statements....

A hunter tank spec is something that could be viable as well. On my old hunter I used to tank all the time with back in BC as a gimmick. Now I have successfully used a pet to solo most old content, and 5mans at 90, so why not.

But back to the topic; I could totally see shamans having a tank spec. Will it happen prolly not, but who knows, blizz could do something strange after all if they keep loosing the chunks of subs they already are.