Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Methanar View Post
    Good.

Countries shouldn't feel the need to show off their abilities to kill millions of people.
    Pretty much this.
    Besides one should always hide ones strengths so you never risk to reveal the weaknesses.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This was my thought.
    Why do you hate us military folks so much wells?

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Why do you hate us military folks so much wells?
    Are you serious?

100+ years ago, China (not today's government) had the biggest joke.
    They bought many ship cannons from foreign, but no bullets.
    China claimed that it has the strongest fleet in Asia.

Then Japan attacked and captured all cannons.

Are you serious?
    not really...unless you do, then sure id love to hear why.

but no im just messin with ya.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because we don't need to puff out our chest to make the world think we are powerful, everyone already knows we are powerful. And as some others have stated, our military is off doing shit.

I would rather we didn't spend money and resources parading hardware and troops down a street anyway.
    "Death is not kind. It's dark, black as far as you can see, and you're all alone."

Our country is getting dangerously close to what amounts to a military fetish. We need to treat the military like a tool that is to be used as little as possible, not an institution greater than the civilian population for them to worship.

Quote Originally Posted by bekilrwale View Post
    Because we don't need to puff out our chest to make the world think we are powerful, everyone already knows we are powerful. And as some others have stated, our military is off doing shit.

I would rather we didn't spend money and resources parading hardware and troops down a street anyway.
    Thing is that we DO have parades and what not, just usually very close to base. Theres no point in spending taxpayer money to drive 400 miles to do a parade in a major city.

besides in most major american cities we'd probally get shot at by gangs...no thanks.

---------- Post added 2013-02-26 at 08:09 PM ----------

Our country is getting dangerously close to what amounts to a military fetish. We need to treat the military like a tool that is to be used as little as possible, not an institution greater than the civilian population for them to worship.
    I don't know if id agree that we get "worshipped" people treat us as any other public servant I.E. firefighters and policeman.

Thing is that we DO have parades and what not, just usually very close to base. Theres no point in spending taxpayer money to drive 400 miles to do a parade in a major city.

besides in most major american cities we'd probally get shot at by gangs...no thanks.

---------- Post added 2013-02-26 at 08:09 PM ----------

I don't know if id agree that we get "worshipped" people treat us as any other public servant I.E. firefighters and policeman.
    Sorry but that made me giggle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

Quote Originally Posted by hamsterbom View Post

lol which part?

lol which part?
    The underlined part, but I'm not sure why though. Just made me giggle.

Edit: It might be connected to how much time and resourse you spent on what others are doing while neglecting your own country.

Either that or just the image of a big ass army scared of small gangs. hmm, still not sure just some speculation.
    Last edited by Exeris; 2013-02-27 at 02:18 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

in 2026 years we will celebrate the 250th anniversary of our independence. If we havent blown up the world or been taken over by terminators we better have a badass parade on the 4th.

10+ Year Old Account
    They're saving all the cool stuff for the Dictatorship.
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

The underlined part, but I'm not sure why though. Just made me giggle.
    lol, yeah i can see why. I grew up in Baltimore, if we had a major military parade unarmed through the streets we'd probally get shot at and crackheads would be stealing our hats.

---------- Post added 2013-02-26 at 08:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    in 2026 years we will celebrate the 250th anniversary of our independence. If we havent blown up the world or been taken over by terminators we better have a badass parade on the 4th.
    What kind of stuff would u like to see?

Yes, its funny because its true.

lol, yeah i can see why. I grew up in Baltimore, if we had a major military parade unarmed through the streets we'd probally get shot at and crackheads would be stealing our hats.
    for some reason you gave me a mental picture of a tank on cinder blocks, lol
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

Quote Originally Posted by Desareon View Post
    They're saving all the cool stuff for the Dictatorship.
    Sieg Heil mein Führer Obama!

Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    for some reason you gave me a mental picture of a tank on cinder blocks, lol
    lol, dude with a long trench coat be like " yo man i got these bad ass tank treads for sale, shit fell off the back of a supply truck"

Russia has parades like that partially because they're constantly at war with rebels from places like Chechnya. They're also communist and it's a way to show off their power to the world.

The States doesn't have them because Americans are stupid and it would just devolve into a huge controversy in the news instead of pride in the military.

Quote Originally Posted by Korza View Post
    Russia has parades like that partially because they're constantly at war with rebels from places like Chechnya. They're also communist and it's a way to show off their power to the world.

The States doesn't have them because Americans are stupid and it would just devolve into a huge controversy in the news instead of pride in the military.
    Just curious, does canada do military parades?