Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Please, just shut up about Lei Shi. I seriously can't be bothered with anecdotal evidence. Burden of proof is on you, so kindly leave or show it. It hasn't even been proven that Lei shi's hide is broken on amount of hits rather than damage, because there seem to be no set criteria either way.

Read the tooltip of hide... Even inside the game in the raid guide.
    And as I said if I'll get another chance to go Lei Shi with a raid I'll bring you hard evidence until then all I can say to you is that your simply either blind or ignorant(no insult intended).

As you can see from my join date and my low post count, I don't tend to post, but I really dislike misinformation that's being strengthen by the inability to appear in logs.

Quote Originally Posted by krogy View Post
    Read the tooltip of hide... Even inside the game in the raid guide.
    And as I said if I'll get another chance to go Lei Shi with a raid I'll bring you hard evidence until then all I can say to you is that your simply either blind or ignorant(no insult intended).

As you can see from my join date and my low post count, I don't tend to post, but I really dislike misinformation that's being strengthen by the inability to appear in logs.
    Provide some evidence via logs to back it up then. Show me that the hits don't differentiate and are consistent with and without snakes then I will have means to believe you, but until then all the logs I've seen with and without snakes have a had a huge damage and hit difference.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

10+ Year Old Account
    what if we can cast while moving ?

Quote Originally Posted by House View Post
    what if we can cast while moving ?
    I'm not sure what you are getting at, could you inform me please? Are you trying to say that just because we can move while dpsing on a non movement intensive fight that makes it justifiable even when locks can do it and they can get rid of their pet?

Quote Originally Posted by jonoy8 View Post
    yeah i'm sure they specifically designed encounters for the sole purpose of making it bad for hunters

just stop complaining, no one has even run them yet, ptr doesn't count as any final evidence.

if hunter pets and hunters got the buff it would be unbalanced most likely, don't just lay some baseless claim that blizz programming is sloppy
    really???? it would be unbalanced for every class to get the same out of a buff??? wow really did you even think about what you just said?

Do you guys cast Explosive Trap on the hidden Lei Shi? Does it trigger? For me, the answer is yes, and yes. But I can't, for the life of me, find a log of mine which shows Explosive Trap damage to the hidden Lei Shi. Is it not hitting? Then what triggered it? Is our explosive trap doing nothing? Does it have no effect? You'd need to do a fairly controlled experiment to find out.

Lei Shi is a buggy as hell boss involving a hidden NPC. I wouldn't be surprised if WoL didn't pick these things up. Hell, there was an exploit on Get Away which I reported finding on these very boards which involved interacting with the Hidden NPC in a way which made no sense but somehow affected it regardless. Draco can attest to that, I linked our logs on that exploit to him in a PM. My snake trap is certainly triggering on the hidden NPC - and then Hide breaks shortly. Who knows what happens.
    Last edited by eschatological; 2013-03-03 at 10:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Do you guys cast Explosive Trap on the hidden Lei Shi? Does it trigger? For me, the answer is yes, and yes. But I can't, for the life of me, find a log of mine which shows Explosive Trap damage to the hidden Lei Shi. Is it not hitting? Then what triggered it? Is our explosive trap doing nothing? Does it have no effect? You'd need to do a fairly controlled experiment to find out.

Lei Shi is a buggy as hell boss involving a hidden NPC. I wouldn't be surprised if WoL didn't pick these things up. Hell, there was an exploit on Get Away which I reported finding on these very boards which involved interacting with the Hidden NPC in a way which made no sense but somehow affected it regardless. Draco can attest to that, I linked our logs on that exploit to him in a PM. My snake trap is certainly triggering on the hidden NPC - and then it breaks shortly. Who knows what happens.
    Explosive trap triggers and it does damage to the hidden lei shi. You can confirm that via logs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    I'm not sure what you are getting at, could you inform me please? Are you trying to say that just because we can move while dpsing on a non movement intensive fight that makes it justifiable even when locks can do it and they can get rid of their pet?
    no man talking about maybe they let us cast dismiss pets while moving its will make sens
    Last edited by Steliios; 2013-03-04 at 12:10 AM. Reason: not ----->no

no man talking about maybe they let us cast dismiss pets while moving its will make sens
    do yourself a favor and stop posting. what you are saying has no relevance on this thread

Ok, if you meant that you should've said that first. It caused some confusion on my part. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodejjj View Post
    I can fully grasp your whining and narrow field of vision, disregarding every other class with a pet. Please, inform me further with your grasp of all things pet-related.
    Unless you are referring to demo locks, no other class is hindered so much by their pet AI. This is common knowledge to anyone who has played a hunter, obviously you have not. Bye now.

This is 100% incorrect. It's been proven in this thread that snakes don't do anything and the myth of pets being able to attack lei shi during hide is busted. It looks like they are attack her, don't get me wrong, but NO damage is going out.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/s...?s=1669&e=2123

I just did an LFR and you can see that my pet did no damage to the lei shi during hide. I saw it look like it was using their melee attack, but it didn't do any damage.
    Hmmm, a very strange result. So it looked like the pet was meleeing but no dmg was recorded? I swear I've my floating combat text going off with numbers during that phaze with the pet in the same situation. Looks like I really am going to have to test this some more!

---------- Post added 2013-03-04 at 08:05 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Please, just shut up about Lei Shi. I seriously can't be bothered with anecdotal evidence. Burden of proof is on you, so kindly leave or show it. It hasn't even been proven that Lei shi's hide is broken on amount of hits rather than damage, because there seem to be no set criteria either way.
    For the record, this is actually in the Hide tooltip in the journal:
    Hide - Lei hides from players. While hiding she cannot be targeted, but area of effect attacks can still hit her. Lei will reveal herself after she is struck by enough attacks.
    Being broken on a number of hits would also explain the large delta's in dmg done you see when comparing Hide phases across various logs.

Quote Originally Posted by NomadKing View Post
    Hmmm, a very strange result. So it looked like the pet was meleeing but no dmg was recorded? I swear I've my floating combat text going off with numbers during that phaze with the pet in the same situation. Looks like I really am going to have to test this some more!

---------- Post added 2013-03-04 at 08:05 AM ----------

For the record, this is actually in the Hide tooltip in the journal:

Being broken on a number of hits would also explain the large delta's in dmg done you see when comparing Hide phases across various logs.
    how many times do you have to be told something before it sinks in???? without a target no pet can attack something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis003 View Post
    do yourself a favor and stop posting. what you are saying has no relevance on this thread
    sorry thought that mechanical pets buff really relate to my post
    because i saw the nerf that dismiss will be 3 sec was 2
    and i was wandering what if we cast dismiss while moving

All the mages are either arcane or fire right now in t14. They don't have any pets whatsoever. Locks can sack their pet and all the dks now are frost/can go frost. You are just trying to attack him.
    Saccing our pet is NOT an option come 5.2.

Ghostcrawler made it painfully obvious (as in, outright stated) that Grimoire of Sacrifice is meant to be a dps LOSS if you grab it.

Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    Saccing our pet is NOT an option come 5.2.

Ghostcrawler made it painfully obvious (as in, outright stated) that Grimoire of Sacrifice is meant to be a dps LOSS if you grab it.
    If you even bothered to read the thread and acknowledged the actual point of what this thread was about then you would've saved both yourself and I some time. Hopefully you do understand how H protectors works. If you don't sac your pet you lose a lot of dps (even in 5.2 mind you) just because of how mechanics works. So you are still going to sac your pet on that fight regardless. The point being made is that locks can do that and hunters can't.

Please review over this post made by a forum moderator before making any further comments, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Read the thread or get out. If I hear more comments that fails to aknowledge the points made in this thread (the fact that hunters out of all classes are the only class without an option to not use a pet), I'm going to start handing infractions out for trolling, because at this point, no one can be so dense as to not understand what has been said over and over on the past few page.

Oh, and just FYI - we already DO go survival. We still lose dps from having a pet (although less than we would if we stuck to BM), and on top of that we lose dps because surv is a lower damage spec than BM on singletarget.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, if you meant that you should've said that first. It caused some confusion on my part. Sorry.
    np my bad i am sorry

Don't feed the trolls