Poll: Will Lordaeron be restored?

Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    10000 years before the current story line and not relevant to the WoW line at all? Who are the Highborne now
    10.000 years for a race that has been immortal for the most part of those years are little stuff and do very little aswell for hand-wave the fact that those smartasses almost brought Sargeras himself on Azeroth. And the "good" night elves have to tore the world apart for fix the problem. Nah, who cares!
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    The night elves as a race did nothing of the sort. Did you even read the story? (that's a rhetorical question, the answer is a resounding, "no")
    "Did nothing as a race" is a way for hand-wave, again, the responsibilties of the individuals? It doesn't work like that.
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.

10+ Year Old Account
    To begin with, I want to say that is obvious and evident that the lands of Lordaeron, whatever happens, will remain under control of the Forsaken, at least during the life cycle of World of Warcraft, strictly due to gameplay reasons.

Now however, the hope that the Alliance has in recovering the fallen kingdom is a basic pillar of the Alliance and as such should not ever dissipate. Lordaeron together with Dalaran were the basic core for the formation of the Alliance, and now that we have finally recovered Dalaran, the hope of recovering Lordaeron also is stronger than ever.

The concept of returning the Kingdom of Lordaeron to its former glory can give much play in the course of the history of the Warcraft universe, because although it cannot actually materialize, is a focus of political and psychological tension between the Horde and the Alliance.

If we add the eventual triumphant appearance of the legitimate heir to the throne of Lordaeron, Queen Calia, this story is even more complicated, giving a lot of play for both the Horde and the Alliance...

The Menethil dynasty has not been broken, the Queen Calia will reign from the throne of the Capital City wearing the crown of her father, honoring his memory and that of all those who have suffered the ills caused by the madness of her brother. The Queen Calia will do anything to win the confidence of his people, now scattered around Azeroth, to get rid of the undead scum that plague their lands and convert back Lordaeron in the mythical kingdom that once was, the light of the Alliance, the pride of humanity.

When will Calia come out? What will be the reaction of the Queen by seeing Tirion Fordring inaction? Will the Argent Crusade dissolve in favor of the new order led by the Queen? Will continue the close relationship between Calia and Varian? Love will arise between them? Soon the answers to all these and many more questions...

In line with this, and to supplement my comment, I would like to list a number of basic axioms to understand the point of view of the Alliance in general and of the humans in particular in relation to Lordaeron:

• The Kingdom of Lordaeron is much more than just a human kingdom: it was the greatest human kingdom in existence, it's where the vast majority of human history and activity over the years has taken place, it represents the core of the first Alliance, "The Alliance of Lordaeron", the union of humans, elves, dwarves and gnomes against an evil unknown until then. Speaking of Lordaeron is speak of the pure spirit of the Alliance, in short, Lordaeron is the spiritual home of the Alliance, that is why even today the symbol of the Alliance is the heraldry of the Kingdom of Lordaeron and even still you can hear in the battlefield the battle cry: "For Lordaeron!". As a summary, we can say that Lordaeron is a symbol for all humans and for the entire Alliance and that its recapture and recovery is a goal that is present in every one of its members.
    • The Kingdom of Stormwind, the current heart of the Alliance, has a moral debt concerning the Kingdom of Lordaeron. When the Kingdom of Stormwind fell in the First War, the Kingdom of Lordaeron took charge of helping its people and collaborated for its reconquest and reconstruction. Now, the Kingdom of Stormwind and the humanity in general have the moral obligation to do the same for the Kingdom of Lordaeron, since they could not prevent its fall in the Third War. This obligation is even of personal nature for the Alliance’s High King, Varian Wrynn, since he himself owes everything to the generosity of Terenas Menethil, even his own life.
    • While it is true that almost all of the Sylvanas’ Forsaken were Lordaeron citizens in live, not all citizens of Lordaeron became undead. A large number of people originally from Lordaeron fled from their homes and lands to take refuge in different locations throughout Azeroth. Most of these exiles found refuge in the Kingdom of Stormwind, giving rise to a paradox: as they gave shelter to the Stormwind’s survivors of the First War, now they were the survivors who needed the help of Stormwind. These exiles have never forgotten their home, in fact every passing day they feel like strangers in a kingdom that is not theirs. Have no doubt that in their hearts they are still hoping to return to their beloved home someday.
    • The belief in the Holy Light is common to almost all humans, being precisely the Kingdom of Lordaeron its main precursor and birthplace of the Order of the Silver Hand and the first paladins of the Alliance. According to this belief, the dead have only one place to be: their graves. Is mission of the defenders of the Holy Light eliminate all traces of undead and demons wherever they go, and therefore is especially hurtful to the Alliance that the lands of Lordaeron currently are infected by undead creatures. For humans in particular and for the Alliance in general the beings that currently dwell in the kingdom of Lordaeron are mere monsters, zombies that have nothing to do with what they were in their lives: they have no rights nor deserve nothing but to be returned to their graves, or incinerated for more safety.
    • Although many are not aware of it or they choose simply ignore it, the legitimate heir of the Kingdom of Lordaeron exists and is nothing more and nothing less than the Queen Calia, Terenas Menethil daughter, last king of Lordaeron. Although she is currently unaccounted for, it is clear that her appearance would cause a series of unpredictable reactions, not only for the Alliance but also for the Forsaken and by extension for the Horde too. Be that as it, there are indications that she survived and is now hidden, undoubtedly preparing herself for when it arrives the opportunity to lead her people for get back what rightfully belongs to them, to return the Kingdom of Lordaeron to its former glory. Anyway I'm sure that she is no longer the smug princess she was before: now she will be eager to show her worth and honor her father and his ancestors. The time to fight back, her time, is coming.

As the Archmage Ataeric of the Kirin Tor moments before being killed by forsaken yelled:
    "Lordaeron belongs to the Alliance. You only delay the inevitable..."
    Last edited by Northem; 2013-09-09 at 10:53 PM.

Lordaeron should be restored...

by the Forsaken.

People who have seen me post may think I hate the Forsaken and Sylvanas. No, what I hate is how they've been treated by the writers, just like the infamous butchering of night elf culture and abandoning of the draenei.

In Warcraft III, the Forsaken were something unique. They were zombies and ghosts and stuff like your typical undead, but they had regained the heart and soul of when they were alive. They were tragic characters who went through something horrible, but had regained who they were in spirit, if not in body. Their undeath remained a terrible curse to them, so their two main goals were to end the Scourge and end their suffering.

In World of Warcraft, suddenly they're fairly typical undead who live in decaying wastelands, run-down, cob web-filled houses, and the sewers under their capital, as opposed to the capital itself. They still want the Lich King dead, but as for their curse? They seem proud of it, and are often found either happily massacring the living (including their still living countrymen), creating plagues worse than those of the Scourge, and using the Val'kyr to create even more undead.

The Forsaken should hate any reminder of the Scourge, but instead they're basking in the wasteland the Lich King left for them. As far as anyone is concerned, the Scourge may as well have never been defeated in Lordaeron, considering the state it's in and the way the people who live there act.

Blizzard had a unique story here. Undead who were not evil, but just the cursed victims of a terrible war. They've since squandered that plot.

I think Blizzard could still make up for it though. Blizzard themselves have admitted that Sylvanas has been acting like a Lich Queen herself ( http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2721372142 ). My proposal is that Sylvanas fully become that Lich Queen, and split off from the Horde. At some point, either a redeemed Sylvanas (assuming the Lich Queen stuff is due to some sort of outside corruption, which I'd honestly prefer over her character derailment) or a new leader like Calia take over the Forsaken, and decide that, no, they don't want to live like they're Scourge anymore, and begin to actually rebuild.

To set it off and not feel like they're losing something unique, Lordaeron should have a different art style than Stormwind, and there easily could be a few morbid nods to "never forget" what happened to them, but the place should feel alive. They should bring in Tauren druids and maybe even recruit some Alliance help to regrow the land. Then they should move out of the sewers and rebuild their capital. They could even invite those Lordaeron farmers back and not just be a self-hating nation entirely made of undead.

The Forsaken are people of Lordaeron who happen to be under a curse known as "undeath," it's time they start acting like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    It seems you are lacking the ability to comprehend things (which is understandable since your comprehension of the war of the ancients story is piddling to dick).

1) what happened in a timeline 10000 years ago cannot be applied to the comment of "saving the world from shit they cause" because it simply isn't. Funny people like you give passes to the Orcs, who, as a race, raped and destroyed draenor, then came to Azeroth with the same intentions in mind, a warchief who currently sees that as an ultimate goal, but then you want to talk about Azshara as if what she did was something the Night Elves were even aware of. Saving the world from "the shit they cause" is what the HORDE does.

2) It's not a hand-wave. When an entire race drinks demon blood and the minority is persecuted, it's a failure of the people. When an entire race is victimized by their queen and her cohorts, it's a betrayal of the people. You don't understand this difference and I don't see how me drilling it into your thick skull will change that so I won't continue.

Night Elves aren't causing problems and fixing them in the wow storyline, they are fixing the problems caused by everyone else and doing it selflessly, That's the story, whatever other bullshit you want to concoct to fit an angle cause you dislike the race has the relevance of used toilet paper.

This is a derailment anyways. The thread is about Lordaeron. And it's in the hands of its proper owners.
    So you have to pick up your hated Orcs for sustain your arguments? And what a bunch of hypocrisy in your "to fit an angle because you dislike a race" when you are the first in this forum hating Orcs with absolute zealotry and blindness.

I'll quote your words:

they are always putting themselves in harms way to save the world from ignorant retards
    No matter how much you try it hard (let alone that you talked of my "ignorance" about the War of the Ancients, but you didn't bring any precise event of it, you just talked of Orcs all the time) but the situation in which Azeroth has been put the most in danger in its entire history has been brought by a bunch of "ignorant retards", and these retards were the elite caste of the Night Elven society.

I never hand-waved all the stuff about the Orcs and what they did, in fact is you that as I brought the argument to discussion, you just desperately grasped to mirrors for validate a point that screamed "no, they didn't!".

But well, I don't want make you so mad. But knowing your zealotry about night elves, oh man, I didn't resist. Let's return to Lordaeron and its rightful owners.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am confused by the premise of the OP

is the OP asking if the foresaken will rebuild the city of Lordaeron?
    or if the foresaken willing allow living humans to resettle the area around the city of Lordaeron
    or if the alliance will extirpate the foresaken from lordaeron and recolonize it?

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

Well if the Forsaken keep acting like the Lich Kings scourge it will only be a matter of time before the Paladins of the Argent Crusade get involved. If that happens the Forsaken are in a lot of trouble.

Tirion alone with the Ashbringer could probably take out a huge chunk of their army.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    [snip]
    Whatever fanon you want to pose, the fact remains that the Alliance doesn't have Calia so all their attempts at "retaking" Lordaeron for the refugees is no different than if they were to "retake" Quel'thalas for the High Elves.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-09-08 at 07:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    Tirion alone with the Ashbringer could probably take out a huge chunk of their army.
    Unless he gets his sword lost or gets frozen in a chunk of ice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    Kinda doubtful that he wouldn't get liquefied by a plague bomb.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Unless he gets his sword lost or gets frozen in a chunk of ice.
    Or gets melted/disintegrated by Blight.

- - - Updated - - -

[LIST][*]The Kingdom of Lordaeron is much more than just a human kingdom: it represents the core of the first Alliance, the union of humans, elves, dwarves and gnomes against an evil unknown until then. Speaking of Lordaeron is speak of the pure spirit of the Alliance, in short, the cradle of humanity itself, that is why even today the symbol of the Alliance is the heraldry of the Kingdom of Lordaeron and even still you can hear in the field battle the battle cry: "for Lordaeron!". As a summary, we can say that Lordaeron is a symbol for all humans and for the entire Alliance and that its recapture and recovery is a goal that is present in every one of its members.
    You are confusing Lordaeron for Arathor.

Pretty sure Blizzard already laid it down.

"Lady Sylvanas Windrunner says: Lordaeron belongs to the Forsaken - always and forever."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    If Blizzard could restore Lordaeron without forcing the Forsaken players to join the Alliance, or turn Human, should they do it?

Personally, I would love to see life slowly seep into Lordaeron again, with new forests and wildlife.

The question is how the Forsaken would deal with it, and where they would live? Could they hang on to the Undercity?
    Maybe in Warcraf 4 the forsaken will be purged and then it can happen

I really wish they'd say what happened to Calia in the story. As for Undercity, it's gross and the Forsaken can keep it. I'd like to see Alliance get EPL and maybe a restored Stratholme as the capitol.

10+ Year Old Account
    As the Archmage Ataeric of the Kirin Tor moments before being killed by forsaken yelled:
    "Lordaeron belongs to the Alliance. You only delay the inevitable..."
    And what happened to Ataeric? Oh, that's right. He's fighting for the Forsaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    And what happened to Ataeric? Oh, that's right. He's fighting for the Forsaken.
    Maybe he decided that eternal purgatory is better fate.

Unless we see him again, I think he rejected the generous offer that was given to him.
    Last edited by Verdugo; 2013-09-08 at 08:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rebecca191 View Post
    I really wish they'd say what happened to Calia in the story. As for Undercity, it's gross and the Forsaken can keep it. I'd like to see Alliance get EPL and maybe a restored Stratholme as the capitol.
    Arthas: Rise of the Lich King says she is dead.
    He, his parents, and Calia each had one…known only to them, Uther, and the bishop. All were gone now, save he, and Arthas pushed aside the hanging tapestry to reveal the small door hidden behind it, closing and bolting it behind him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokaproductionist View Post
    I assume that includes elves?

I believe elves are a mutation of trolls. The Well of Eternity turned one tribe of trolls to the Night Elves, the Sunwell made the banished group into High Elves, and an Old God made some into the Naga. Nothing extraterrestrial about any of them.

I voted no. I just don't think Blizz will ever restore Lordaeron.

As far as the argument about Genocide, My question is: What would we do in the real world? If a plague swept through part of Europe; during a war no less, and after it was over a nation of undead zombies took control of Central and Eastern Europe. Would anyone just let them be? What about after that nation killed hundreds of their own allies during a confrontation with a mutual enemy? Try to remember that as players, we see the Forsaken like no one else can. None of the other races can truly trust the Forsaken to never want to turn all the living to not living.

In our global society, we have evolved beyond conquering for land or going to war over a grudge. (At least I hope we have) We recognize other nations as having the right to exist, even though we don't always agree in how countries should be governed. Even so, I doubt anyone would allow a nation of the undead to exist. That's what I don't understand about Azeroth. How does this global society continue to go to war over grudges and to conquer for land, but allows a nation of the undead to continue to exist?

Sooner of later, Sylvannas and the Forsaken will be the enemies of all the living races of Azeroth. After WoW is over I'm sure.
    Last edited by TJkroz; 2013-09-08 at 08:36 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TJkroz View Post

In our global society, we have evolved beyond conquering for land or going to war over a grudge. (At least I hope we have) We recognize other nations as having the right to exist, even though we don't always agree in how countries should be governed. Even so, I doubt anyone would allow a nation of the undead to exist. That's what I don't understand about Azeroth. How does this global society continue to go to war over grudges and to conquer for land, but allows a nation of the undead to continue to exist?
    In a way you are right. But for many states the only reason why they're not doing it is that it would give them nothing but attention of one of Big players on global stage (USA, China, Russia). And that we all know how that usually ends.

As for restoration of Lordaeron. I think it will at least partialy happen. If anything else it already started with Argent crusade controling parts of EP.
    That being said we can not expect any byg changes to status quo as long as there is WoW. Blizzard could try some sort of global PvP capturing but it would be increadibly hard to manage.

For real changes in Azeroth we will have to wait for Warcraft IV.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Georgus View Post
    In a way you are right. But for many states the only reason why they're not doing it is that it would give them nothing but attention of one of Big players on global stage (USA, China, Russia). And that we all know how that usually ends.

As for restoration of Lordaeron. I think it will at least partialy happen. If anything else it already started with Argent crusade controling parts of EP.
    That being said we can not expect any byg changes to status quo as long as there is WoW. Blizzard could try some sort of global PvP capturing but it would be increadibly hard to manage.

For real changes in Azeroth we will have to wait for Warcraft IV.
    I agree. It's kind of like the Global Superpowers are the big kids on the block, and the smaller countries are their siblings. The big kids have learned to be more diplomatic, though not perfect, and step in when the young'ins get to squabbling.

That's the comparison I was trying to make to Azeroth. They still have war over petty things, and there really isn't any big brothers or sisters to step in and set them straight.