Poll: Will Lordaeron be restored?

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I doubt it, although I would love for them to redo Stromegarde. The only way it happens is if they decide to get rid of the Forsaken for some reason, which will never happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    The better question is "Why should Lordaeron be restored?"

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    No.

The Alliance shouldn't waste resources taking it back. Who will pay for all the rebuilding costs? Even if those are footed, who will populate this new Lordaeron? There's not a nation's worth of people sitting in Stormwind with their bags packed and ready to go. It simply isn't worth it at this stage

10+ Year Old Account
    WPL is pretty much cured of the undead/ blight..and there are sections of epl that are cured as well..I'm sure it's possible and with the help and druids/ argent crusade it would go much faster...

The biggest problem though is the resistance from the forsaken..they seem to like having a dead land and i really doubt they would let the argent crusade into tirisfal no matter how much an ally they are :P

Also the farmers/ settlers will pay for it, just like they did for andorhal/ wpl
    Last edited by Frozenbeef; 2013-04-11 at 09:08 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    about the only way i can see it becoming "alive" again would be with some kind of story arc in a new warcraft 4 rts and then followed by something like WoW 2 with either the forsaken faction being eradicated or moved somewhere else

Deleted
    It was their city when they were alive, and it's their city now when they're dead. Citizens of Lordaeron didn't go away, they turned into undead. Why would you want to take their city from them?

Not in World of Warcraft, but I can see it happening after Sylvanas and the Forsaken are defeated in whatever game comes next in the series. Objectively, let's face it - they're villains, they're a huge problem, but they're a playable race and we're not going to lose an entire playable race in this game, so the only way to solve the issue is to end them later. Which they have to. There is no greater currently active threat to sentient life between Northrend, Kalimdor, and EK than Sylvanas and the Forsaken. Horde are nothing to them, as soon as their usefulness is spent they would have no qualms about a mass betrayal.

Deleted
    I don't really get the 'it's been in Forsaken control for 10 years'-argument, tbh.

The Human race controlled the region of Lordaeron for thousands of years prior to the Scourge. It is the ancient homeland to thousands of people still alive across Azeroth.

Ten years in exile doesn't exactly make you forget about the home which was stolen from you.

The contested parts maybe, but not the Forsaken-controlled heartland. They like their stuff moody.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    I don't really get the 'it's been in Forsaken control for 10 years'-argument, tbh.

The Human race controlled the region of Lordaeron for thousands of years prior to the Scourge. It is the ancient homeland to thousands of people still alive across Azeroth.

Ten years in exile doesn't exactly make you forget about the home which was stolen from you.
    The forsaken are the actual citizens of lordaeron. they didn't steal it from the humans, the humans that lived there died and became them.

They are protecting their home. It would be like all the stormwind humans dieing then being rezzed as undead and still carrying on living in stormwind, then 5 years later the dwarfs come knocking saying they want the vile disgusting beasts to leave and that stormwind belongs to the dwarfs.
    Last edited by Frozenbeef; 2013-04-11 at 09:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    The forsaken are the actual citizens of lordaeron. they didn't steal it from the humans, the humans that lived there died and became them.
    You're forgetting one very important word: SOME. The forsaken are SOME of the actual citizens of Lordaeron. And SOME are still living. And it is THEIR home too.

This would mean the virtual elimination of Forsaken forces. This will never happen. The Alliance can keep making attempts at it to further the war storylines but in the end it will remain under the control of Sylvanas and the Forsaken.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hamsterbom View Post
    Only thing I can see stopping it is that the forsaken are living there, restoring it would take time but could be done.
    I don't mean it can never be restored, but the forsaken would have to be cleared out first.

I'm pretty sure after Sylvanas reign of terror is over somewhere in the next 10 expansions, somehow they will find a cure for the Forsaken. Warcraft isn't going to end without curing them.

Even though I want nothing more than to see Sylvanas's head being served on a platter, I had to vote no.
    Hopefully some of the adjacent nations can still be recovered, such as Stromgarde and Gilneas. But most of Lordaeron itself is gone for good.
    Yak. Yak never changes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Onyxia's layer, as Blackwing Descent was merely a setback!
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post

They are protecting their home. It would be like all the stormwind humans dieing then being rezzed as undead and still carrying on living in stormwind, then 5 years later the dwarfs come knocking saying they want the vile disgusting beasts to leave and that stormwind belongs to the dwarfs.

While I do agree in defending your homeland, we don't have actual numbers, due to some indeed have escaped, (go ahead and prove me wrong on those, I'm too lazy to look it up) but we all know that the Alliance did retake Lordaeron at one point....

Then lost it an instant to Sylvannus, and reconquered it from said Alliance. Make no mistake, they are on the path of the conqueror now. Southshore's populace comes to mind, as well as all the corpses they're raising across Tirisfal. (Yes, u can say they have free will, but we stomp them out).

I don't wanna derail this thread TOO much, but they're going far more than protecting their home. Especially as Sylvanus is now using them as a shield from the hell she would go to as experienced in her short story. Make no mistake, the forsaken are expanding just like the horde, so it would be rather moot point when they begin marching upon the Dwarven territory passed the Thandol Span.
    Hi, I'm scissors! Nerf rock, paper's fine. <---Class balance in a nutshell on the WoW forums.

well with in Velen's Army of the Light vision ,even the 'vile Forsaken' as he puts it, are there
    sieging the Forsaken is no easy feat as the Forsaken can literally use a scorched earth policy and have no need of supplies besides the one the enemy brings with them, fresh troops
    the only way to kill a Forsaken is incineration or dismemberment
    I give bad feedback all the time, I just dont rage or give them shit. Paying for content does not gives you the license to be an asshole.

Time will eventually run its course. The forsaken are neither immortal nor sustainable. Even with the help of Valkyrs they will eventually die out. All things die, even the dead. It may be long after the end of the events in wow though. After all, no king (or queen) rules forever.

Delus you might want to read this bit about the lifespans of each race
    the Forsaken as with all undead are effectively immortal
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Lifespan
    the best possible scenario for the retaking of Lordaeron would be a pyrrhic victory as fighting a war against a race perfectly suited for guerrilla warfare is never easy especially against fanatics
    I give bad feedback all the time, I just dont rage or give them shit. Paying for content does not gives you the license to be an asshole.

It will never revert back to Alliance. Unless the Horde abandon the Forsaken. Then it will be a free for all. Sylvanas will probably go with the scorched earth strategy than leave anything to the Alliance (humans). But you have to admit that the Forsaken have been careful in maintaining a balance with the land. Sure, it's no Elwynn but they did not go to the extremes of WPL and EPL.
    I'm still thinking about it...