Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by thisnamesucks View Post
    If these changes are for real than they need to seperate pve and pvp abilities somehow for hunters. Hunters are severely out of control in pvp with their damage right now and need big nerfs, yet all Im seeing is big buffs. Getting ridiculous. Especially with the new blink strike, BM hunter pets will be unkitable and with BW and everything else are pretty much unvavoidable damage that hits way too hard.
    Did you not see that they already nerfed Powershot and Blink strike? all your complaining is just a waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Slot View Post
    Did you not see that they already nerfed Powershot and Blink strike? all your complaining is just a waste of time.
    The powershot "Nerf" hardly did anything. Instead of 170k crits its now 125k crits that are faster casts and up more often. Blink strike is a slight nerf in terms of burst but now hunter pets have a pet that teleports to their target every attack which makes them unkitable. Proper pet managment also makes them harder to kill by allowing them to teleport away from targets pretty much whenever.

Even if powershot and blink strike were removed hunters are STILL far too strong, the damage they do at 40 yrd range thats unsilenceable with a pet that requires very little setup is unreal. Add that to a 1 minute trinket and its just silly.

If these changes are for real than they need to seperate pve and pvp abilities somehow for hunters. Hunters are severely out of control in pvp with their damage right now and need big nerfs, yet all Im seeing is big buffs. Getting ridiculous. Especially with the new blink strike, BM hunter pets will be unkitable and with BW and everything else are pretty much unvavoidable damage that hits way too hard.
    You miss the part where powershot damage was reduced by 25% last week and blink strike in its current form is flat out being removed from the game?

The powershot "Nerf" hardly did anything. Instead of 170k crits its now 125k crits that are faster casts and up more often. Blink strike is a slight nerf in terms of burst but now hunter pets have a pet that teleports to their target every attack which makes them unkitable. Proper pet managment also makes them harder to kill by allowing them to teleport away from targets pretty much whenever.

Even if powershot and blink strike were removed hunters are STILL far too strong, the damage they do at 40 yrd range thats unsilenceable with a pet that requires very little setup is unreal. Add that to a 1 minute trinket and its just silly.
    You're just flat out wrong. BM hunter sustained is fucking terrible. You're never going to kill anything with a healer when you're not under the effect of bestial wrath. That's not going to change next patch.

I think the highest power shot crit I have seen in arena at 1500 rating is like 101k before they nerfed it and that was with everything up. I wish I could do 150k power shots in arena...

I just made an account to say how full of crap you are

Nice exaggeration, I could barely get 90k crits with everything up on targets with resilience pre nerf

Quote Originally Posted by Slot View Post
    I think the highest power shot crit I have seen in arena at 1500 rating is like 101k before they nerfed it and that was with everything up. I wish I could do 150k power shots in arena...
    My teams mage got hit for 137k in 3s yesterday with 67.5% resil. This is after the nerf ofc. Alot of it has to do with the shadowpan trinket I think but its kind of rediculous considering his pet is hitting harder than he is while all this is happening. O and all of the instant ranged cc ofc.

Apparently none of the people in here pvp much. Hunters are probably the most broken class in pvp this entire expansion, their damage has been insane for their toolkit. Marks was consistently good in cata because of solid cc and diverse toolkit. BM has all that utility and cc that marks has but now BM brings one of the highest damage potentials of any class, AND a 1 minute trinket baseline on top of the pvp one. Its not even close to balanced.
    Last edited by Hand Banana; 2013-04-12 at 09:28 PM.

My teams mage got hit for 137k in 3s yesterday with 67.5% resil. This is after the nerf ofc. Alot of it has to do with the shadowpan trinket I think but its kind of rediculous considering his pet is hitting harder than he is while all this is happening. O and all of the instant ranged cc ofc.
    It's okay for mages to global someone in a deep and warlocks to hit that with chaos bolt but not hunters right?

Apparently none of the people in here pvp much. Hunters are probably the most broken class in pvp this entire expansion, their damage has been insane for their toolkit. Marks was consistently good in cata because of solid cc and diverse toolkit. BM has all that utility and cc that marks has but now BM brings one of the highest damage potentials of any class, AND a 1 minute trinket baseline on top of the pvp one. Its not even close to balanced.
    Marks was consistently good in Cata? I thought so, but I'm also pretty sure hunters overall were one of, if not the lowest represented class in arenas for that whole expansion.

BM burst is overpowered right now. No person here is arguing that. But if you read all of the 5.3 patch notes you will see that BM burst is getting nerfed severely. There will be no more 100k+ powershots once that shado-pan trinket gets nerfed, and blink strike will be removed from the game, leaving you with burst potential that is less than half of what it was two weeks ago.

It's most likely that he also aligned other CD's, such as rapid fire, blood fury if he was an Orc and even bestial wrath for another 10% damage. The hunter 2pc bonus is also getting nerfed for a lot less burst (lowered to 800 from Arcane Shot, down from 3200 with Rapid Fire).

Also, what a lot of non-hunters fail to understand is that Powershot does not guarantee a crit, but when it does, all hell breaks loose. What happens when a lock gets dark soul, trinket procs and everything as well with Chaos Bolt? Some will argue it's not the most fair comparison, but it definitely is an example of an even harder hitting ability.

As for Powershot, did you know it can also be interrupted, as in spell locked? I'm not sure if that's intentional or a bug, but that happened to me a while back.

Wait.....a Mage crying about a Hunter? damn, I've seen (read) it all. I've had a good laugh though, thanks! God forbid Hunters being good 1-2 seasons. Apparently s/he doesn't remember the reign of RMP, Frost in general, SL/SL, and that's just from season 3 - when I quit Arenaing when it was hard for Hunters against SL/SL/Rogues/Skillheralds/etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakoes View Post
    As for Powershot, did you know it can also be interrupted, as in spell locked? I'm not sure if that's intentional or a bug, but that happened to me a while back.
    Can you still move out of the path of our "skillshot"? lol.
    Last edited by Hayro1; 2013-04-12 at 09:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayro1 View Post
    Wait.....a Mage crying about a Hunter? damn, I've seen (heard) it all. I've had a good laugh though, thanks! God forbid Hunters being good 1-2 seasons.
    So when someoene else says something about deep freeze suddenly I turn into a mage? Or that I said my teams mage got hit by a powershot for alot?

BM DAMAGE is overpowered right now, not just the burst. Play against any thugcleave or any kfc and the hunter will double or triple the damage of his teammate while being trained. Hunters are out of control; yes the powershot and blink strikes changes help but then they go around giving them 10% more AP passively and making their pet hit 50% harder (as opposed to the old blink strike).

So when someoene else says something about deep freeze suddenly I turn into a mage?
    What? I never said you, I just meant in general. If I said you, you'd clearly see me quoting you and/or saying "you" specifically.

So when someoene else says something about deep freeze suddenly I turn into a mage? Or that I said my teams mage got hit by a powershot for alot?

BM DAMAGE is overpowered right now, not just the burst. Play against any thugcleave or any kfc and the hunter will double or triple the damage of his teammate while being trained. Hunters are out of control; yes the powershot and blink strikes changes help but then they go around giving them 10% more AP passively and making their pet hit 50% harder (as opposed to the old blink strike).
    If a hunter is doubling the damage of a rogue while being trained he's playing with a shitty rogue tbh

Most thugcleaves I've seen is just the hunter running away from shit and using nothing but instants.

BM DAMAGE is overpowered right now, not just the burst. Play against any thugcleave or any kfc and the hunter will double or triple the damage of his teammate while being trained.
    I don't PvP anymore, and burst in general is out of control this expansion. I don't know how they are in PvP, but have you seen Rogues? Ele Shamans? I just wish it was more like BC (outside of retarded OP specs like SL/SL) where you couldn't just zerg people down, and excluding stupid drain games, which was horrible beyond belief. It was just a comment is all, let's keep this on track !

Deleted
    yep you still can hayro

Quote Originally Posted by Neazy View Post
    Most thugcleaves I've seen is just the hunter running away from shit and using nothing but instants.
    Enlighten me as to what cast time ability besides powershot that a hunter actually needs to use, especially during BW? Maybe a cobra shot once a year? Its mostly the fact that BMs damage is so hard to stop. You have to stop the pet AND the hunter, of whom has a 40 yrd range melee attack and a 1 minute trinket baked into their spec.

Anyway, what im saying is if they are going to give hunters damage buffs they need to change something for pvp to tone them down.

Enlighten me as to what cast time ability besides powershot that a hunter actually needs to use, especially during BW? Maybe a cobra shot once a year? Its mostly the fact that BMs damage is so hard to stop. You have to stop the pet AND the hunter, of whom has a 40 yrd range melee attack and a 1 minute trinket baked into their spec.
    Are you serious? Hunters regen 5 focus per second with PvP gear on. That means they can use 1 kill command every 8 seconds and NOTHING ELSE unless they cobra for more focus. That means the hunter is doing, at best, 50% of the damage he could be doing if he were left alone. It's actually probably more like 40% because I'm betting the pet gets slowed/stunned/feared etc and can't always attack all the time.

You clearly have no idea how a hunter works or what all the changes in 5.3 mean to hunters. You just saw 10% more AP and got mad.
    Last edited by Neazy; 2013-04-12 at 09:50 PM.

Anyway, what im saying is if they are going to give hunters damage buffs they need to change something for pvp to tone them down.
    CC the pet.

That was too hard

You have to stop the pet AND the hunter, of whom has a 40 yrd range melee attack and a 1 minute trinket baked into their spec.
    Uhm, didn't they make it as to where you can root after BW is popped, thus negating it?