Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm on the CEOs side in this.

People can vote with their pocketbook and make a much bigger impact but instead they continue to buy EA games and then throw a fit/cast a vote about how they do business. Also people are just stupid if they think a video game company is worse than the companies actually screwing this country over and stealing opportunities away from these kids when they finally move out of mom and dads place and try to make it on their own.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post

People can vote with their pocketbook and make a much bigger impact but instead they continue to buy EA games and then throw a fit/cast a vote about how they do business. Also people are just stupid if they think a video game company is worse than the companies actually screwing this country over and stealing opportunities away from these kids when they finally move out of mom and dads place and try to make it on their own.
    Seconded.

EA the worst company in America? Really...?

Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    Seconded.

EA the worst company in America? Really...?

In response to Moore’s statement, we’d like to take a moment to explain that our “Worst Company in America” contest exists within the context of this website, which is about consumers and their relationship to the marketplace and to businesses. Just to be clear: The point of this contest, now in its 8th year, is to enable consumers to send a message to a company that provides goods or services to them. Winning this contest means your customers are trying to tell you something. And that something is that you, out of all the companies, most deserve a plastic poop trophy.

It's not meant as literally the worst company in America...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post
    It's not meant as literally the worst company in America...
    ...Obviously?
    The point is that they're seen as a lot worse than they are, and if people truly hate them so much they should stop buying their shit.

Worst Company in America? What about Walmart?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post

As I recall some people enjoy certain game franchises that are published by EA and what not and get mad when they screw stuff up. Sure they can stop buying it but doesn't mean it's ok that EA is doing a bad job.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    EA has some brilliant bastards working for them. They knew people would be buying toothpaste en masse in an attempt to wash the taste of SimCity out of their mouths, and they've figured out how to capitalize on it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Don't let Hitler rise to power. Prevent humanity from ever existing. Let's all jump in a time machine and solve every problem in one swoop..just assassinate Noah and prevent repopulation. Done. Neeext.
    do you really have to over exaggerate that much

this is the kind of thing that EA loves to blame, and you're only making it look like they're right.

Quote Originally Posted by Ms Andry View Post

this is the kind of thing that EA loves to blame, and you're only making it look like they're right.
    They are. Bunch of drama queens all trying to outdo the last drama queen and throwing the best wit they can muster (with googles help) to make them seem somewhat intelligent to their fellow drama queens. This is MMO-Champion.
    Last edited by Landin55; 2013-04-18 at 10:02 AM.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    ...Obviously?
    The point is that they're seen as a lot worse than they are, and if people truly hate them so much they should stop buying their shit.
    I don't disagree, no idea why people buy their shit as it's blatantly obvious they are out to nickel and dime you to the max with inferior products.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Like always, it's been said a millions times, people have different taste and like different things.

If EA is not bankrupt, that means people are actually buying their game, not everyone just make sad mistake, there are people that truly enjoy their game.
    It's ok to like EA games, and of course, it's ok to dislike them.

What is not ok, to believe that we're right to like or dislike them and thus, the others are wrong and we must fight to make them see our way.
    I am not ashamed to say they are EA franchise i genuily like (fifa, mass effect, dead space, swtor) and other i dislike (battlefield, the sims, need for speed). As long as i shop wise and buy only what i like, i do not feel EA wrong me in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    What is not ok, to believe that we're right to like or dislike them and thus, the others are wrong and we must fight to make them see our way.
    I am not ashamed to say they are EA franchise i genuily like (fifa, mass effect, dead space, swtor) and other i dislike (battlefield, the sims, need for speed). As long as i shop wise and buy only what i like, i do not feel EA wrong me in any way.
    It's ok, all that means is that it will take a little longer before EA's demise as you will inevitably get burned by them unless they change their ways, it's only a matter of time. We'll be waiting over here to say I told you so occasionally facepalming when EA take the abuse to the next level while getting defended by the victims.

Don't fully agree with WORST company in America, Worst GAMING company for sure.... but worst company??? I'd give that to several others before EA gets it

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's ok, all that means is that it will take a little longer before EA's demise as you will inevitably get burned by them unless they change their ways, it's only a matter of time. We'll be waiting over here to say I told you so occasionally facepalming when EA take the abuse to the next level while getting defended by the victims.
    if it happens that EA does go bankrupt and close down, i would simply buy my entertainement elsewhere. i would neither cry nor rejoice. Like THQ has showed us, franchises don't necessarly die with the publisher, they are auctioned and pick off by other publisher.

Vote with your wallet. It is the only real power you have anyway. If you buy a game and its bad. Don't buy the next game unless its any good. Simple. After aliens colonial marines I will not touch a certain company ever again unless a game comes out that is worth my money and has multiple reviews to back it up.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms Andry View Post
    Do you have to completely not understand how sarcasm and facetious language are used to emphasize the same point you are complaining about?

Let me break it down for you. The person I responded to gave a matter of fact retort like it's everyone else's problem and they can fix the issue by not doing this simple thing. It was proposed in a decontexualized and flippant manner which removes the weight of the issue and doesn't factor in any reality.

I followed by doing the same thing, facetiously, to point out the flaw in that statement. Here's your V8 for the day!
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    if it happens that EA does go bankrupt and close down, i would simply buy my entertainement elsewhere. i would neither cry nor rejoice. Like THQ has showed us, franchises don't necessarly die with the publisher, they are auctioned and pick off by other publisher.
    And that's a part of the problem, a lot of customers don't care how abused they get because they like the franchise, head over to any SWTOR forum to see people behaving like victims of spousal abuse. The problem isn't the franchise or necessarily the developer of the games, gaming publishers are very comparable to the big record labels, antiquated behemoths exploiting creative talent and customers for profit, it's the middle man that is slowly but surely being phased out as distribution and financing has become less of a behind closed doors thing.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    And that's a part of the problem, a lot of customers don't care how abused they get because they like the franchise, head over to any SWTOR forum to see people behaving like victims of spousal abuse. The problem isn't the franchise or necessarily the developer of the games, gaming publishers are very comparable to the big record labels, antiquated behemoths exploiting creative talent and customers for profit, it's the middle man that is slowly but surely being phased out as distribution and financing has become less of a behind closed doors thing.
    i understand you mean well, but seriously, i am not abused. I think hard about the game i buy. I said i play fifa 13. I don't buy fifa every year, last one i own was fifa 09, i though it's been a while i didn't play a good football game, so i bought it, on sale, for 25€. good purchase, tons of fun, more than 100 hours playtime so far.

I enjoyed mass effect games. I enjoyed dead space games. in enjoy crysis games. I might buy simcity 5, but not at the current price, 50€ right now is overpriced, i will wait for sales, will pick it up for 20€ or less. Why am i abused or a victim buying game i actually like? Call of duty, battlefield, on the other hand, any game with a 6 hours campaign for 50€, i will not buy. I plan tu buy far cry 3 though, good value for the money.

I know a few game i quote aren't from EA, but that's because i don't care about the publisher, i only look at the game and its intrinsic merit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Do you have to completely not understand how sarcasm and facetious language are used to emphasize the same point you are complaining about?

Let me break it down for you. The person I responded to gave a matter of fact retort like it's everyone else's problem and they can fix the issue by not doing this simple thing. It was proposed in a decontexualized and flippant manner which removes the weight of the issue and doesn't factor in any reality.

I followed by doing the same thing, facetiously, to point out the flaw in that statement. Here's your V8 for the day!
    ok but see you are over exaggerating again right now

you should stop that