Poll: Have you ever seen the same movie twice in theaters because it was so good?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    All three of the Lord of the Rings movies.

Never. I don't watch a movie again if I already watched it quite recently. It mostly takes a few weeks and months for me to 'enjoy' a movie for a second time.

Star Wars: episodes IV/V/VI, The Matrix and Resident Evil (1) are the only movies I've seen twice in theater.

Deleted
    No...and as offensive some will find it, I think people who pay money again to see a movie they just recently watched are idiots.

Unless it's with friends that haven't seen it before I don't see why anyone would.

I don't go to movies often in the first place, but there have been a few movies I have seen a couple of times in theaters. The biggest example of this is I saw Gladiator in the theaters 5 times when it first came out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    No...and as offensive some will find it, I think people who pay money again to see a movie they just recently watched are idiots.

Unless it's with friends that haven't seen it before I don't see why anyone would.
    You're entitled to your opinion, but not understanding the joy of seeing a movie twice is not reason enough to call someone an idiot.

A movie is like a roller coaster, the good ones have rolling hills, at least 1 major climax, some twist and turns, and a safe comfortable ending. Have you ever been on the same roller coaster twice? Are you an idiot for wanting to experience that ride again, even though you know how that twist up ahead, even though you've felt that drop once before? It won't be as surprising as your first time on it, but it can still be a good experience. Most movies don't have a strong replay value, but some do as you can see in this thread. Why do people purchase movies at all if they don't expect to watch it more than once?

Your argument may be your use of "recently" and that in time it's fair to watch something again. The chances that you saw everything a good movie had to offer the first time around (especially with visually significant films like Avatar or the ending of Titanic) can be rare. I wouldn't judge people for seeing a movie they really enjoyed twice.