10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    They said they completed it with under-performing people.

---------- Post added 2013-05-09 at 12:09 AM ----------

ToT honestly isn't hard if you are raid aware, if you can't bother to pay attention to things then yes it is hard, the hardest thing is to get people to show up on time.
    It's hard. In fact we have players who have done heroics all the time in the past and this tier is one of the hardest ones they've ever developed. Relative to now in ICC or TOC or even ULD we'd have cleared the instance and been working on heroics already. Were like 7/12 now. Slowly working our way up there but every boss is a cock block with few exceptions. Actually a big part of the problem is that the gimmie bosses happen much latter. Ji Kuun really ought to be the second boss in that instance. Primordius 3rd.

Remove the damn 10/25 shared lockout and do away with LFR and you will see raiding go up again.
    https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...36612869083137
    GC:Agreed that removing daily limit was a mistake. Not sure we made the right call with 10 vs. 25.
    By which I mean, we were trying to "fix" the ICC model, but maybe it was okay in retrospect.
    Pair that up with his recent tweet about wishing Blizzard made more five mans for the patch for some more fuel to this thread.
    Several of the fights in WOTLK were DPS races and if you didn't meet the dps requirements you failed, Putricide and Lich King as examples.
    Deathbringer Saurfang, Festergut, and Blood-queen was also DPS races. Most PuGs on my realm could not make the raid-DPS requirements for Festergut pre raid buff even if they did not screw up on spores.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2013-05-09 at 04:20 AM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    thing is

i did like ICC and ulduar raid
    i hated naxxaramas (snore fest), ToC and the AOE fest heroics

so wolk was kind of average overall

I pretty much loved everything about TBC

In cata, i like T11, not so much the rest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Several of the fights in WOTLK were DPS races and if you didn't meet the dps requirements you failed, Putricide and Lich King as examples.
    The dps requirements were not strict at all. Before or after the stacking buff. Even still pugs would routinely get through the first wing and then usually a boss or two above that. Especially 10 man pugs. 25 man pugs would alwys get the first wing down. Not happening in tot.

I've been playing since half way through Vanilla thanks, and seeing as Lich King has the least amount of kills in any raid SINCE Vanilla either you did a serious carry job or you are lying.
    60,000 guilds killed the Lich King and he was the final boss of a 12 boss instance. Only 25k guilds have killed even 1 boss in 5.2 and only 5k guilds have kill the final boss. (and we aren't even talking heroic mode).

Take a look at T14 and you see that only 22k guilds have killed Sha of Fear - 1/3 of the guilds that killed LK. Next compare the number guilds that completed normal T14 to the number of guilds that have even stepped into ToT and you can see that it's almost only heroic mode raiders.

15k guilds killed a heroic mode boss in T14. 18k guilds have killed 2 bosses in normal ToT.

The numbers are staggering and it's apparently that only heroic mode guilds are even touching raids now and it's less then half of the number of guilds that completed T10, not to mention the 100,000+ guilds that participated in T10 and killed at least 4 bosses.

WoW its close to 5 million lost since Cata, What failure, Guess we'll get to see a Balder ghostcrawler in the coming weeks. Poor Holinka will probably be the fall guy.

They may have to get Jay Wilson out of the cellar to right the wow ship that has been severely taken off course

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...36612869083137

Pair that up with his recent tweet about wishing Blizzard made more five mans for the patch for some more fuel to this thread.
    The icc model was okay i agree with him but it was only okay because it was so easy for so many players. Unlike now.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    The dps requirements were not strict at all. Before or after the stacking buff. Even still pugs would routinely get through the first wing and then usually a boss or two above that. Especially 10 man pugs. 25 man pugs would alwys get the first wing down. Not happening in tot.
    are you talking with 0% buff, or with some buff?

Think the hardest dps race in 25 man was blood queen because that room was not made for 25 people. ToT isn't designed to be puggable, i've said it like a hundred times but it was designed so that the first 3 bosses were "easier" but once you got past council it was all a massive gear check.

I wish they would normalize their numbers, since not all subscribers are created equal. Sure, 1.3 million is a lot of players. But if they were all eastern players, thats only 0.13 million western subscriptions. Chinese players pay something like 1/4 what we do, and Blizzard only get part of that as a royalty. So divide all eastern player losses by 10 to get the real impact on the bottom line.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OmegaManHester View Post
    WoW its close to 5 million lost since Cata, What failure, Guess we'll get to see a Balder ghostcrawler in the coming weeks. Poor Holinka will probably be the fall guy.

They may have to get Jay Wilson out of the cellar to right the wow ship that has been severely taken off course
    12 to 8 is about 4 millions, but that doesn't change much on your statement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    are you talking with 0% buff, or with some buff?
    Both really. We struggled on prof for a little bit because it was a bit of a dps check but prof was like already half way in the instance and got him at 5% buff I think it was. Still he's halfway through the instance already, we had a bunch of gimme bosses before that and well we could always go do one of the other wings if we felt like it. ToT doesn't give you those options unfortunately.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragashii View Post
    Think the hardest dps race in 25 man was blood queen because that room was not made for 25 people. ToT isn't designed to be puggable, i've said it like a hundred times but it was designed so that the first 3 bosses were "easier" but once you got past council it was all a massive gear check.
    the blood queen race was only difficult i people mess up the bite. So it sort of was more a dps race if people fail at mechanics.

---------- Post added 2013-05-09 at 06:20 AM ----------

Both really. We struggled on prof for a little bit because it was a bit of a dps check but prof was like already half way in the instance and got him at 5% buff I think it was. Still he's halfway through the instance already, we had a bunch of gimme bosses before that and well we could always go do one of the other wings if we felt like it. ToT doesn't give you those options unfortunately.
    not many PUG could drop sindragosa normal at 0% buff, let alone the lich king.

At 15-20% i saw some pug capable to down sindra.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragashii View Post
    The first half is just a nightmare really. If I was going to reorder that dungeon. Jin first. Ji kuun second. Prim 3rd. From what I'm told IQ and the twins are easier than alot of what you've seen already so IQ and twins for 4 and 5 then animus, tortos, ,meg, horridon, durumu and lei shen. The last 4 or 5 you can play around with the order I guess. I don't know. That puts most of the cock blocks at the end and that's how it should be.

The pugs I typically saw got 6/12 and called it. Very few trade-chat full random pugs got past professor. That said, there were many players that were up for the 4-6 boss pug.

10+ Year Old Account

It did happen but so what? Sindragosa was like 11/12. That's like virtually the entire instance puggable. Hell I don't think I did a pug that got that far but you know what that was okay. Even if you got 6 or 7/12 it was fine. A large portion of it was puggable.

Holy Balls - well, so much for my 200-400k prediction!

hehe... maybe there were more multibotters than I previously thought! :P

the blood queen race was only difficult i people mess up the bite. So it sort of was more a dps race if people fail at mechanics.

---------- Post added 2013-05-09 at 06:20 AM ----------

Oh how right you are, people loved to mess up bite. But the thing that really sucked is that fear could really clump people up while she was in the air, and we all know what happened after that.

12 to 8 is about 4 millions, but that doesn't change much on your statement.
    1 quarter of the subs gone in about 1 years time is pretty steep and I imagine a ton more have left with 5.2 and the upcoming 5.3 changes to pvp. We may see wow around 6 million subs by next quater. .........Half its population gone, that's mind boggling

Only Greg Street could F'up a wet dream

people gotta remember how old this game is and people just get older and move on or get bored, but its crazy when u think wow has lost more subs than most other mmos have and they still got 8 million left wow is boss