Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Why are you white knighting MS so much I got to ask.

There has always been 2 major selling points for consoles.

1) Playing with friends in your home.

2)Trading/Sharing games with your friends.
    This, to me is the only reason to justify having a console, it is the main reason I have my consoles (Saturn, Dreamcast, N64, PS3) setup in a gaming room downstairs and my mates can bring their games over and we can have a gaming session 4player on Mario Kart 64 for example.

If you take away this then you might aswel just use a PC since it does everything better, including all this TV nonsense they are blabbering on about.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    Zephyr logical fallacies(Insults) don't make your arguments stronger.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Zonas View Post
    Eh, define cheaper. The first PS3 was a tad much, but you didn't have to pay a fee to be online, repeatedly buy batteries for the controller, and you could play any PSx/2 game on it instead of just a handful. Not to mention how you'd more than likly replace the 360 at a certain point...
    The first ps3 came out at 500$ and 600$ the Xbox 360 came out "if I remember right 300$ for the arcade and 400$ for the one with a HD.

But for me Xbox has always been cheaper but I decided I wanted nothing to do with MS so I traded my xbox for a ps3 and I am happy I did that.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I think I love you and he keeps avoiding my question and that question is.

I loved how he tryed to throw in my face that the Sony got hacked but yet said that the hack that happen to MS was not as bad.... then called me self-entitled.
    The gaming industry is set up to where you pay for the rights to play a game....you don't actually own the game. So when someone else uses the disc you have, they in turn need to pay for the right to play it. Dumb I know, but that's just how the industry operates. Where have you been the past 3 years or so? And you keep proving nothing with the idiotic bullshit you keep spilling. You're basically just ranting about how stupid the new Xbox and Xbox Live is. And once again, you DO NOT UNDERSTAND the definition of self entitled. Look it up or stop using it. My god. It's like trying to talk to a child who has yet to enter elementary school.

---------- Post added 2013-05-21 at 08:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Zephyr logical fallacies(Insults) don't make your arguments stronger.
    Didn't realize they were fallacies. Just because you don't believe them, doesn't make them wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    What answer do you need that anyone with half a brain could figure out for themselves? They charge for it because they can. And people are willing to pay for it. They are a company trying to make money, plain and simple. Are you really so dumb that you can't figure that out? And in my opinion, its worth the price. I've used both Xbox Live and PSN and in my opinion, Xbox Live is the superior of the two. Its layout is much better and just feels right. My opinion of course, but I know of a lot of other people who feel the same way. If you don't feel like paying for it, then don't use it. But to sit here and bitch about something you obviously have no intention of ever using is fucking dumb. Seriously. Get on with your life.
    You make childish insults and then tell me to get on with my life.

To let you know I played on xbox 360 many years feel free to look up my gamertag its the same as my name here.

This thread is about the XboxOne and people are stating there opinion about it and clearly a LOT of people across the web who have talked about it are more pissed then those who think its awesome.

Personally I prefer someone to buy me dinner before they fuck me and MS is trying so hard to fuck me without the dinner so I no longer deal with them.

At lease when ether Sony/Nintendo try's to fuck me they buy me dinner lube up and rub my back telling me I look pretty.

"mods if that was to graphic ill edit it out"
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Please for the love of god Zephyr plz go away
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Didn't realize they were fallacies. Just because you don't believe them, doesn't make them wrong.
    Just because you believe in them dose not make them right.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirawen View Post
    I'd guess that the games are tied to your account so the xbox breaking won't be a problem in that aspect. Also what do you mean about double the price for a used game?.
    most people buy used games from the store, so say halo 6 or whatever is at gamestop you buy it for like 40$ used you then have to pay microsoft 60$ to activate it.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    So I have a few thoughts on all this...

1) All the hoopla over having to connect or constantly be connected... whats the big deal? if you cant afford a monthly internet bill, you cant afford a 3-400 console... end of story. (and dont tell me you live in the boonies and internet isnt offered... slap you in the face...)

2) Can't share games anymore with friends... ya it sucks, but who didn't see this coming? They are a business, and business HAVE to make money (granted they probably don't need anymore but still) MS isnt the only one losing money when you 'give' friends your game to play. Its the developers of said games that lose out.

3) If you CAN afford a 3-400 console... you can afford to BUY the game... stop being cheap... jesus

What answer do you need that anyone with half a brain could figure out for themselves? They charge for it because they can. And people are willing to pay for it. They are a company trying to make money, plain and simple. Are you really so dumb that you can't figure that out? And in my opinion, its worth the price. I've used both Xbox Live and PSN and in my opinion, Xbox Live is the superior of the two. Its layout is much better and just feels right. My opinion of course, but I know of a lot of other people who feel the same way. If you don't feel like paying for it, then don't use it. But to sit here and bitch about something you obviously have no intention of ever using is fucking dumb. Seriously. Get on with your life.
    lol troll or stupid -.-

10+ Year Old Account
    The gaming industry is set up to where you pay for the rights to play a game....you don't actually own the game. So when someone else uses the disc you have, they in turn need to pay for the right to play it.
    Pretty much just the restriction of technology that has kept software licenses from being enforced on consoles until now. Don't really see how anyone can be suprised it's happened, it's just finally caught up to the past 15 years of PC licensing.

Quote Originally Posted by flam View Post
    2) Can't share games anymore with friends... ya it sucks, but who didn't see this coming? [snip]
    Sony and Nintendo... apparently. Which is why they will most likely get the majority of people's businesses.

2) Can't share games anymore with friends... ya it sucks, but who didn't see this coming? They are a business, and business HAVE to make money (granted they probably don't need anymore but still) MS isnt the only one losing money when you 'give' friends your game to play. Its the developers of said games that lose out.

3) If you CAN afford a 3-400 console... you can afford to BUY the game... stop being cheap... jesus
    microsoft is the only one doing this, your entire argument falls apart when you realize this.

if everyone did this then yes your argument would hold up but they dont
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by KonkeroaR View Post
    I burst out laughing at work when I heard the name of it. It sounds like an argument between two 8 year olds.

"PS3"
    "Xbox 360!!!"
    "Um... ok... PS4"
    "XBOX INFINITY"
    "PS5?"
    "XBOX INFINITY PLUS ONE"
    I had no idea what you were saying... until I hit that line and busted out laughing! ^_^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    most people buy used games from the store, so say halo 6 or whatever is at gamestop you buy it for like 40$ used you then have to pay microsoft 60$ to activate it.
    I think there's a seperate fee/cost/system for swapping over ownership of the specific key, which would be the method for buying a physical second hand copy, compared to the example of friends they gave where you essentially pay to create your own key resulting in 2 playable versions of the game just using the CD as a base to install.

I'm not sure though, could well be wrong. I guess you can always buy it second hand across their online system if it came to it.

Deleted
    Can't wait to control this marvel of engineering with my kin and stream music to my zune. Don't need all that memory though; 640 kB ought to be enough...

Deleted
    We can all agree it's too early to jump to conclusion regarding which console is superior for gaming. At this precise moment in time it appears to be the PS4, that is however now and may not be true tomorrow. But to go into super defensive fanboy mode at this point is just too damn stupid. Why defend a company that has so far shown and done nothing for the gaming community in a discussion about a gaming hardware? That makes absolutely no sense fanboy or not.

In an ideal world we'd just all shut the fuck up and sit back and wait for ALL information to be revealed before opening our mouths and throwing around final judgements. But stating our opinion on the information we've gotten so far is good both for the community and those working at MS. But lets not assume that the PS4 will be superior to the Xbox one or vise versa, it's far too early to say such things.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I have a few thoughts on all this...

1) All the hoopla over having to connect or constantly be connected... whats the big deal? if you cant afford a monthly internet bill, you cant afford a 3-400 console... end of story. (and dont tell me you live in the boonies and internet isnt offered... slap you in the face...)

What happen if I go on travel to a place where internet is nonexistent like for example I go to the beach with some friends and want to play a game or two when drunk before going to party? (tends to happen a lot in my country) if you travel to a friend's house for a few days and want to show him "the new stuff" and he doesn't have wi-fi or a router connection then it's a gg.

All other consoles are allowing sharing games, MS is the only one losing here. If I can afford a 3-400 console that's because I remained saving money to buy it in the first place? it has nothing to do with how much money I'm making, bad argument.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jevlin View Post
    We can all agree it's too early to jump to conclusion regarding which console is superior for gaming..
    That's easy though, Sega Megadrive (or Master System for you darn foreigners).

The XboxOne has DRM plan and simple and I love how people defend it by saying others are to cheap and bla bla bla.

We as consumers have rights and when MS or any other company dose shit like this it steps all over our rights. So I myself like many others are speaking with our wallet's and not getting this system.

/My 2 cents.

"also stating our opinion there FB/Twitter on forums like this and so on"