Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    I think removing slows from ferals might go a long way in toning down their retardedly over the top ability to stick to their targets as well as higher costs/possible cd on shifting. Removing power shifting I don't think is a great idea on a spec that's been built from the ground up to accommodate this playstyle. The other things that were added just need to be removed/nerfed.
    Ferals would be at the bottom of a bottomless pit if this were to happen. Removing slows and a putting a CD on shapeshifting would absolutely demolish Feral both viability wise as well as regarding their uniqueness, and even thinking about this is a joke. Needless to say what actually doing it can be called.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    Burst went up for every class in 5.3 including huntards. Who cares about 2 piece nerf when everyone stacks pve trinkets and agi gems now
    Pretty much, Hunter burst was nowhere near gutted. It was nerfed a tiny bit since the the Aspect buff/gemming and the sustained were buffed. But for times when you didn't have RF off cd and used BW, that is now stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by Balduvian View Post
    Ferals would be at the bottom of a bottomless pit if this were to happen. Removing slows and a putting a CD on shapeshifting would absolutely demolish Feral both viability wise as well as regarding their uniqueness, and even thinking about this is a joke. Needless to say what actually doing it can be called.
    Exaggeration much? Removing or reducing their powershifting removes all uniqueness? Not like, you know, being the only true bleed class or a melee with heals/stealth and instant cyclones? Reducing powershifting would NOT demolish feral viability and it should happen, it would make them more in line with other people though, like warriors. Seriously, a feral can do EVERYTHING better than a warrior right now, and thats 1 of 3 specs that druids have in pvp vs. an entire class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post

Don't they have Stampeding Roar to break roots, as well? Not to mention an already fast moving speed, then dash, and a charge. Doubt they'll do much at this stage of the expansion, though.
    yes in cata that was a root break.. so was dash. but i think the cd for roar was like 3 mins and dash 2 / 1.5 glyphed? don't quote me... was a while tho. you had to make a cancel aura macro for each so if you needed to you could overlap and break twice in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by Senathor View Post
    Who's the girl in ur avatar?
    Kate Upton

---------- Post added 2013-06-09 at 11:09 PM ----------

I think removing slows from ferals might go a long way in toning down their retardedly over the top ability to stick to their targets as well as higher costs/possible cd on shifting. Removing power shifting I don't think is a great idea on a spec that's been built from the ground up to accommodate this playstyle. The other things that were added just need to be removed/nerfed.
    maybe.. or attach a slow to rip. gaining a slow at the expenditure of a 5 combo pt finisher makes more sense to me than just removing the mangle [infected wounds or whatever the fuck] free slow.

Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    maybe.. or attach a slow to rip. gaining a slow at the expenditure of a 5 combo pt finisher makes more sense to me than just removing the mangle [infected wounds or whatever the fuck] free slow.
    No, I'd gladly have feral keep powershifting as is. But a slow should NEVER have been given to the spec under any circumstance. And in the current game even rets could do with losing their slows.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thisnamesucks View Post
    Exaggeration much? Removing or reducing their powershifting removes all uniqueness? Not like, you know, being the only true bleed class or a melee with heals/stealth and instant cyclones? Reducing powershifting would NOT demolish feral viability and it should happen, it would make them more in line with other people though, like warriors. Seriously, a feral can do EVERYTHING better than a warrior right now, and thats 1 of 3 specs that druids have in pvp vs. an entire class.
    1. I never said 'all' uniqueness.
    2. This guy was talking about removing slows AND putting a CD on powershifting --> double nerf --> overnerf.

1. I never said 'all' uniqueness.
    2. This guy was talking about removing slows AND putting a CD on powershifting --> double nerf --> overnerf.
    Yea I agree it would be over the top. I guess I should have put and/OR. And still works because putting a CD or increasing the cost of power shifting, while being a nerf, would STILL leave the spec as the most mobile one in the game by a pretty big margin.

Like I said though, feral should just simply have never gotten a slow. It should never have even been thought of since the class has been able to break slows/roots and passively moves the fastest in the game and has gotten almost as many charges as warriors to boot. It's all just way too over the top.
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Like I said though, feral should just simply have never gotten a slow. It should never have even been thought of since the class has been able to break slows/roots and passively moves the fastest in the game and has gotten almost as many charges as warriors to boot. It's all just way too over the top.
    And they've continued to get more and more mobility for the same reason mages have got more and more control every expansion. Its the theme of the classes and they have to keep adding things every expansion. It will only get more retarded every expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Madorc View Post
    Go away scrub, you affraid your OP druid can be nerfed, will be sooner or later, if you cant admit feral is OP you just plain stupid , so called pro pvp player buhehehe, watch what ferals can do in 2/2 arenas, they can solo healer /dps teams with stupid damage and OP selfheal, show me DK, War, Rogue abble to heal themself for 70k + and put so much damage is short time, not mention feral version of LoH that can be used on arena, amazing mobility, so go away you silly kid and think u a good

Infracted.
    my dk can do that oblitarate u to death and HEAL FOR 200K !!!! with sacrificing pet
    and warriors with their self healing under 20% of hp bleh
    rogues just insta kill u in 3 stun they not needed healing, or they just claock away and bandage+recapture
    I don't afraid of being nerfed in PvP, I afraid it will hurt my PvE gameplay when I need those heals to save my raid and don't be in the buttom of damage coz my abilities not do enough damage compared to otheres

u talking about insane burst, how about locks' chaos bolts critting for 100k+dots ? or mage 3x90k frostbolts icelance in deepfreeze, or boomking starsauge procs, shamans in their ascendance, hunters with powershot+stampede etc and etc
    Last edited by Zstr; 2013-06-10 at 07:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    And they've continued to get more and more mobility for the same reason mages have got more and more control every expansion. Its the theme of the classes and they have to keep adding things every expansion. It will only get more retarded every expansion.
    The problem is it doesn't make sense AT ALL. Feral had enough mobility back in Wrath that if they hadn't gained ANY for the past 2 expansions they'd still be ahead of the curve. Mage control in Wrath on the other hand wouldn't be able to keep them competitive in the current game and so SOME of the abilities they got were necessary. But the dispel change did put it over the top.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    Every class and spec has gotten things they did not 'need'.

Did DK's 'need' stuns? Just NO.
    Did Mages 'need' more CC of any kind? Just NO.
    Did Rogues 'need' more vanish/escape options? Just NO.
    Did Holy Paladins 'need' a crazy ammount of CC? Just NO.
    Did Hunters 'need' more CC of any kind? Just NO.
    Did Warriors 'need' the insane mobility they had previous seasons? Just NO.

I can go on.

These kind of changes are simply what happens if a game keeps expanding and is to remain new, fun, interesting and innovative.

Ferals and Shaman are very OP and they're busting ppl up in regular BGs.

ever encountered a feral/disc 2's in arena?

After banging your head against the wall and passing out in the foetal position. Then come talk about ferals.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher636 View Post
    Seen some ferals using weird Dream of Cenarius/NS specs and pulling off 150k+ ravages; which could be a OP.
    It's actually not that weird at all-it's taking a lesson from the PVE Playbook. Once a heal is cast (with NS in this case) with healing touch your next (2) attacks are buffed 25% via DoC.

The problem with Feral is they can't really do to much without nurfing it for PVE. On average they are middle of the pack DPS for PVE. If you nerf the bleed mastery, our yellow/white attacks will just be increased to make up for the damage lost from a PVE standpoint which will mean more burst less dot damage.

If anything, PVE wise Ferals need a bit of a buff the extra 10% (~ 7% dps increase) to SR really isn't noticed. It's a tricky situation. They take away root shifting they'll have to give us fear immunity back.

Overall, I think people complain about Ferals because they are not *exposed* to them. It is not, by any means (pvp or pve wise) a common spec to come across and thus knowledge of how to beat a Feral is limited. Feral also has a high skill cap to be successful. There is a huge difference in threat when you compare a FOTM Feral to a seasoned Feral that already understands how to use/play the class to it's full potential.

High Risk/High Reward/Harder Rotation has kinda always been the class's calling card, at least from a PVE standpoint.

Sorry ferals, but root shifting needs a downside. A cooldown is the most reasonable change because every other CC breaker has a cooldown. Their mobility is just too good. Their damage is also high but i don't think it needs changing as much as hunter, enhancer and ele damage.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Ferals need some self healing changes and so does off healing in general, but I'm guessing that's "for the next expansion".
    You wouldn't be saying that after playing a dozen games on ret where half of time you're offhealing with every possible spell to either stay alive yourself or to peel your healer. And that's pretty much every game where you don't land a kill in first cd set and have to fight for your live till next one. Kinda different specs have it different and there's no need to generalize (although feral offhealing is over the top, dunno how but sometimes they heal just as much as my ret with holy avenger/avenger wrath).

10+ Year Old Account
    Every class and spec has gotten things they did not 'need'.

Did DK's 'need' stuns? Just NO.
    Did Mages 'need' more CC of any kind? Just NO.
    Did Rogues 'need' more vanish/escape options? Just NO.
    Did Holy Paladins 'need' a crazy ammount of CC? Just NO.
    Did Hunters 'need' more CC of any kind? Just NO.
    Did Warriors 'need' the insane mobility they had previous seasons? Just NO.

I can go on.

These kind of changes are simply what happens if a game keeps expanding and is to remain new, fun, interesting and innovative.
    I agree. I was talking to my friend who got Arena Master in Wrath (likely would've got glad but the team disbanded) and he thinks there's just too many abilities atm. Every one seems to have a way to get out of every thing, too many interrupts/stuns/immunities. Overall, as well, the game is much harder to balance because of this, combine this with dev's who have no idea what they're doing and it descends into chaos which is what we have now.
    The talent system and the abilities they've added this expac were good ideas on paper and certainly make the game more interesting/fun, but they haven't done anywhere near enough in terms of trying to balance them.

---------- Post added 2013-06-11 at 11:51 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nyaldee View Post
    You wouldn't be saying that after playing a dozen games on ret where half of time you're offhealing with every possible spell to either stay alive yourself or to peel your healer. And that's pretty much every game where you don't land a kill in first cd set and have to fight for your live till next one. Kinda different specs have it different and there's no need to generalize (although feral offhealing is over the top, dunno how but sometimes they heal just as much as my ret with holy avenger/avenger wrath).
    Changes doesn't mean nerfed to the ground, if that's what you thought I meant. Feral needs some big changes, though, they are seemingly invincible at some points.

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    I would bring rogue rather than a feral anyday

Quote Originally Posted by wickedbastard View Post
    I dunno, i have nothing against ferals atm..
    Rogues on the other hand. Open > bye 50% hp, Vanish, vanish.. vanish.. wait i can do it 2 more times! vanish, vanish..
    Rogues have 2 vanishes...not 4, and after an opener rogues are pretty easy to kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Vendredii View Post
    Rogues have 2 vanishes...not 4, and after an opener rogues are pretty easy to kill.
    RMP is pretty much FMP right now. Just like in s10.