Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Titan runestones and why they are just a godawful concept.

Some people completed their cloaks two weeks ago. Some people in my guild are still at 2 runestones. We all started within 1-2 weeks of each other. I'm at 7. This is just one of the worst concepts ever, not to mention the whole "everyone gets a legendary..something." concept is something I also disagree with.

Either way, discuss your drop rate horror stories.

tl;dr I'm fucking mad that some people have their cloaks and I don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you for an honest tl;dr

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still collecting the the other stuff and haven't got any in 2 weeks lol... RNG sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown
    "The world is a magical place full of people waiting to be offended by something"
    Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand Russell
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brakthir View Post
    Some people completed their cloaks two weeks ago. Some people in my guild are still at 2 runestones. We all started within 1-2 weeks of each other. I'm at 7. This is just one of the worst concepts ever, not to mention the whole "everyone gets a legendary..something." concept is something I also disagree with.

Either way, discuss your drop rate horror stories.

You would have loved it in Vanilla when you were lucky to even see a fragment of a legendary drop.

tl;dr Not everything is handed out on a silver platter

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

10+ Year Old Account
    I still need to get my last four Secrets of the Empire >.>
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

The concept sucks because it doesn't fit "bigger the effort bigger the reward" model. Even some of the LFretards are bound to have the cloak by now while the people who actually play the game are stuck with nothing. If anything, the chance for these quest items should be higher with the higher difficulty levels.

You don't like that everyone gets a legendary, and you don't like that people are progressing at different rates?

Interesting.

I'm currently at 8/12 runestones haven't seen any drop last week or this week and i'm ok with it, as I know I will still get them at some point.
    Plus I do not have to blame others with lfr or other raid groups as it's down to my own luck.

Deleted
    8 runestone in 6 weeks -.-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brakthir View Post
    This made me lol. Thanks I guess for being so honest.

Me, I don't like how many RNG drops there are. First sigils, then secrets, then runestones. One RNG should be good enough (a la shadowfrost shards) and then the rest is really tough things to do. I blame it on the legendaries-for-everybody intention. While without it I will never see a legendary (I am a casual), I feel that at the same time the game has to be balanced around everyone expecting to get a legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpai View Post
    You don't like that everyone gets a legendary, and you don't like that people are progressing at different rates?

Interesting.
    Why should bads progress faster than real raiders?

10+ Year Old Account
    Still plugging away at getting the Secrets of the Empire, haha.
    Formerly The Dwarf Lover (TDL)

Oh and P.S. two runestones out of either 7 or 9 relevant kills, if anyone's keeping track.

---------- Post added 2013-06-05 at 12:03 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    Er, being bad does not give you more progression than a "real" raider, first of all, so that's a total non-sequiter question. But anyway in OP's case he and his guild group presumably have had the same chances to get runestones.

In any case I don't really care about bads because I'm not one of those people whose fun is ruined when other people are enjoying it too. I'm just pointing out how silly it is to complain that everyone gets a legendary, and then complain that not everyone gets it at the same rate. There's no room for a solution with that logic. Unpleasable fanbase, as is par for the course for the WoW "community".

Quote Originally Posted by ramennoodleking View Post
    Except when it is. If it was, doing more dailies sped it up, or something, then you could make that statement. But instead, some people have it on a silver platter, and others don't have it at all, and it's all about RNG.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    Unless you play in one of the top 5, do not use that term. Thank you.

Random Droprates are awful. At least with for example Dragonwrath you had guaranteed drops, but it varied in the amount. Better system.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would've preferred titan runestones having a more static rate of acquisition, even if it was 1 or 2 a week you'd at least know what to expect.

Also, if you look at the primary collection mechanism for each legendary thus far:

- Stats gem: RNG (Dual RNG stream, reasonably forgiving if you do the content weekly)
    - Prismatic Socket: Static (could choose to do it at your own pace)
    - Meta gem: RNG (similar droprate as runestones but much larger pool of bosses to loot from)
    - Cloak: RNG

I would've preferred an RNG-Static-RNG-Static-RNG-... approach, so you'd at least not follow up an RNG collection quest with another RNG collection quest like we have now...

I hope Siege of Org's legendary quests spice it up a bit and get a bit more involved in the process of boss kills and raiding, similar to how ICC made you do the bosses differently for your shadowmourne collectors.

In the first 5 weeks, I got 3, then 2, then 3, then 2, then 1, putting me at 11/12.

I then proceeded to have none drop both last week and this week. I think I'd rather have 3 or 4 than this kind of messed up stop.

Deleted
    I don't see the problem personally. Given that everybody is getting this legendary (you can discuss if that is good or bad elsewhere, but that's how it is), I would say it is better that people get it at different times than all on the same day.

Yes it feels bad if you get slow drops, but this is the best way to make the acquisition rate a bit spread. And per guild it will normalize pretty well, not really giving that much ''unfair advantage'' between guilds. Also the real race was over before anyone got a cape, so it didn't impact that.

Deleted
    1 on 36bosses. It's fun

Yeah well it's sucky but that's how it is with all these "farm up a bunch of fragments" style legendary quest chains. I do agree about the RNG, it's just shitty. The clusters in DS were a better system - they took a long time but at least you were guaranteed to get them in 25m (and your drop chance was high in 10m) so you at least wouldn't feel like a whole week was wasted.

WoW has a core philosophy that RNG can be fun, but it rarely is. I'd personally like to see it de-emphasise RNG elements but I can't see the dev team really moving strongly in that direction at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by ramennoodleking View Post
    You would have loved it in Vanilla when you were lucky to even see a fragment of a legendary drop.

There was only one legendary pre-Wrath with fragments, A'tiesh, and how many people even did old Naxx? Meanwhile every other legendary until Ulduar just plopped out of the boss (or the mats that crafted it did, ie Eye of Sulfuras, Bindings). If you were lucky you could get the Eye on your first ever run. Or have the bow in Sunwell just drop into your hands. Or if you were unlucky you could spend two years clearing MC every week until you got your second Binding.

I wish people would stop pretending some things were "hard" or you "earned" them when they were simply determined by RNG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.