Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    I've got a reason for you: Her name was Sarah.

And then there's the fact that the soldiers are maintaining martial law and it clearly isn't working. Hell, one of the first things you overhear after the 20 year skip is a woman who is telling her friend that she is going to be forced to do work outside the city, which her friend remarks is work that soldiers usually do. And then there's the fact that over the course of the game you come across other quarantine zones that have all fallen apart. Why? They ran out of supplies. The soldiers should be more than capable of scavenging better than any regular Joe what with being heavily armed, and even armored, yet they allow supplies to dwindle. All of them. It's heavily implied throughout the game that the quarantine zone in Boston is one of (if not THE) last standing.

The soldiers are just plain bad at running things.
    True things aren't the best. But what did you exspect? Also, Sarah is not worth more than humanity. Just to make that clear. Had the soldier let them in they may have been infected and destroyed the QZ and ruined humanity's last hope. Had he turned his back on them you bet that Joel would kill him and sneak in with his daughter. What if his daughter or even him were infected at that point? He'd doom all of those survivors. To take such a risk is not cool with me. Endangering humanity's survival because you want to live.

And about that martial law thing and it not working, it's because people like Joel aren't stepping in line that its flawed. The soldiers got their hands full trying to keep the QZ together with all the outlaw gangs and fireflies running about. My point is if they'd just settle down they'd have no such problems, instead it'd turn into a situation where he could be part of the military trying to ensure the survival of the people living in the QZ. The military isn't doing anything wrong, they're trying to contain the situation at their best. Also, you thing supplies are just lying around to be found? Its been 20 years ofc the supplies will be running low but instead of dooming other people to get out of hte situation you should work together with the military.

The military is only "evil" because you made them "evil" in your mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Ansvar View Post
    True things aren't the best. But what did you exspect? Also, Sarah is not worth more than humanity. Just to make that clear. Had the soldier let them in they may have been infected and destroyed the QZ and ruined humanity's last hope. Had he turned his back on them you bet that Joel would kill him and sneak in with his daughter. What if his daughter or even him were infected at that point? He'd doom all of those survivors. To take such a risk is not cool with me. Endangering humanity's survival because you want to live.
    Yeah! How dare anyone want to live! If a soldier points a gun at your head you should just lay down and take it!

Fuck. That.

But I love how you drag out humanity is what is at stake here. Last time I checked shooting children wasn't exactly a shining example of humanity. "What if they're infected?" How about you wait until you can figure that out?

And about that martial law thing and it not working, it's because people like Joel aren't stepping in line that its flawed. The soldiers got their hands full trying to keep the QZ together with all the outlaw gangs and fireflies running about. My point is if they'd just settle down they'd have no such problems, instead it'd turn into a situation where he could be part of the military trying to ensure the survival of the people living in the QZ. The military isn't doing anything wrong, they're trying to contain the situation at their best. Also, you thing supplies are just lying around to be found? Its been 20 years ofc the supplies will be running low but instead of dooming other people to get out of hte situation you should work together with the military.
    It sure is fun blaming the victims, isn't it? People are inclined to revolt against the people who shoot at them for little things. Go and start up a new game and try to approach the people the soldiers drag out and line up when you're walking around with Tess. First the soldier tells you to move along, then he shoots you.

And HELL YES supplies are just laying around. How the fuck do you think everyone is surviving? Scavenging. And lots of it. That's what most of the people you run into are doing, and most of them are armed with little more than a handgun and maybe a rifle. If I had body armor, an assault rifle, a humvee with a mounted machine gun, TANKS, and a dozen guys all armed the same you bet your ass I could find plenty of supplies.

What the MILITARY should be doing is training people and organizing scavenging missions. Not keeping everyone locked up and shooting anyone who tries to leave.

The military is only "evil" because you made them "evil" in your mind.
    Never said evil. Stupid an ineffective is what I was going for. Hanlon's razor and all that.

I am so pissed...
    Good games are so god damn rare nowdays, this game looks one I would finaly enjoy,
    So I go and check Its price, but nooooooooo he Is not available for the god damn PC, what a fucking disapointment.......

It was a really good game but some of it was pretty glitchy and it felt short. (I had quite a few minor cut-scenes in the game have the sound just stop working and as soon as the scene was over it was back to normal...so that was a tad disappointing). As far as the game itself goes it was fun and definitely something that can be replayed a few times simply for story and added challenge. Good game though, hope to see more like it in the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only part of the game that glitched for me was when elli was transformed into that awful long skinny thing because of some weird graphics glitch.
    Other than that, it worked flawlessly.

Quote Originally Posted by Weezing View Post
    The only part of the game that glitched for me was when elli was transformed into that awful long skinny thing because of some weird graphics glitch.
    Other than that, it worked flawlessly.
    Is there a video of this?

My game worked just fine. I noticed a few times when audio didn't play during cutscenes on my wife's game though.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKxtz0IDYNs

Aside from the horrible audio of the person talking. This is what happened to me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKxtz0IDYNs

Aside from the horrible audio of the person talking. This is what happened to me
    Was she morphing into Slender Man or something?!

10+ Year Old Account
    Was she morphing into Slender Man or something?!
    Scared the crap outa me tbh.
    I just finished killing some infected and came back to the room to see this.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was lucky enough to not run into any glitches.

In other news, Naughty Dog confirmed a DLC which is "a little side story that we think is going to add more to what you’ve experienced". It's supposedly going to look into the backstory of some characters. I'm personally hoping for more about Bill and his partner.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    I don't really think Joel saw Ellie as a replacement daughter. I don't think he would have allowed her to do so much if he saw her as a daughter. It was a guardian relationship; his job was to protect her. Then, yes, platonic feelings grew, but it was more about trust I think. Anyway, the end to me was Ellie showing her acceptance. She didn't believe it, obviously, but didn't fight it or make any attempts to go back. She wants to stay with Joel despite it all.
    I think Joel DID see Ellie as a replacement daughter. Why else would he keep calling her "baby girl"?

In other news, Naughty Dog confirmed a DLC which is "a little side story that we think is going to add more to what you’ve experienced". It's supposedly going to look into the backstory of some characters. I'm personally hoping for more about Bill and his partner.
    I would prefer more on Joel's history with Tess.

Or possible Henry and Sam.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would prefer more on Joel's history with Tess.

Or possible Henry and Sam.
    We can compromise!

It would be interesting to see Joel, Tess and Bill's pasts and how they started working with each other.

We can compromise!

It would be interesting to see Joel, Tess and Bill's pasts and how they started working with each other.
    And we find out exactly what it is that Bill owes them for...

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't forget Tommy. I wan't to know what happened with him and Joel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Infected Clicker View Post
    Don't forget Tommy. I wan't to know what happened with him and Joel.
    This.I want to know why he "owes" joel anything.

God damn!

I'm at the part where you meet the two black dudes and I honestly don't wanna finish this game cause it's so good. Trying to go as slow as possible and explore areas but Jesus, this game is jaw-dropping good. First console game (hate aiming with controller) in a long time that I've been able to play this long.
    No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training…what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. – Socrates

Deleted
    Good movie, weak gameplay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tangosmango View Post
    God damn!

I'm at the part where you meet the two black dudes and I honestly don't wanna finish this game cause it's so good. Trying to go as slow as possible and explore areas but Jesus, this game is jaw-dropping good. First console game (hate aiming with controller) in a long time that I've been able to play this long.
    I'm glad it's a game and not a tv series or something. The cliffhangers would kill me.

15+ Year Old Account
    This.I want to know why he "owes" joel anything.
    It's heavily implied that this was during Joels days as a bandit. That the two of them robbed and killed innocent people to stay alive.