10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zabusasan View Post
    Actually please enlighten me as to why its so wrong to hope for multiplayer for a game? Are you just arguing now for the sake of arguing?
    Why does everyone always make assumptions? I don't think it's wrong. I just don't think you should expect it. There was only one vague statement about multiplayer by EA, and here we are 5 months away from release with no information at all. They are only highlighting single player aspects, and Dragon Age as a series was built initially with single player in mind. We'll see I guess but I really don't think you should get your hopes up unless you want them crushed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    Why does everyone always make assumptions? I don't think it's wrong. I just don't think you should expect it. There was only one vague statement about multiplayer by EA, and here we are 5 months away from release with no information at all. They are only highlighting single player aspects, and Dragon Age as a series was built initially with single player in mind. We'll see I guess but I really don't think you should get your hopes up unless you want them crushed.
    So was Half Life. The only reason i am expecting multiplayer is that they stated it would feature multiplayer, hence the logical thing would be to expect multiplayer dont you think? I can handle getting my "hopes crushed" because in general i dont put them to high for games due to previous experiences. That doesnt mean i cant speculate, hope or talk about a multiplayer that they allready said they would implement. Just because they have not announced much about it yet doesnt mean its not there. Afaik the last info we got was that it might go the way of ME3 multiplayer, but that they wherent ready to announce anything yet.

I dont even follow the game very close but even i know that.

Now i answered your questions, try answering mine.

What assumptions?

10+ Year Old Account
    Except they allready said it would feature some kind of multiplayer. So i dont think its silly specualting what kind of multiplayer they are adding

Edit:

Actually please enlighten me as to why its so wrong to hope for multiplayer for a game? Are you just arguing now for the sake of arguing?

"Meh Half life is a single player game. Making something like counter strike is silly LOLOL"
    I don't think it was some form of co-op campaign setting they had in mind with such a vague statement, i think they meant some forrm of horde or arena mode similar to the one ME3 had but we will see in october i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    To be fair they could use the system they use in Swtor, where everyone makes a choice and then a roll decides which choice is taken.
    Not a fan of that system, the game decides arbitrarily who is "allowed" to speak.

Maybe if we could choose beforehand who spoke, e.g. we'd want our cunning rogue to speak when haggling and our mage when speaking with other mages.
    Last edited by Dezerte; 2014-06-11 at 08:06 PM.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    What assumptions?
    You made the assumption that I was against multiplayer. I answered that question of yours in my post by following up with "I don't think it's wrong".

I thought the original question was about whether or not there will be cooperative multiplayer? I feel pretty confident that they are not going that route but ME3 like 'arena' multiplayer will probably happen. The main experience is almost definitely going to be single player.

I wouldn't mind being wrong though.

P.S. I don't really consider this an argument. I mean there are no facts and it's all speculation.

Morrigan needs to be a companion, and she needs to be sexy as hell.

The game needs coop support of some sorts.

If these are present its a buy
    we know Morrigan is in the game and there's already numerous screenshots of her in Inquisition around the internet. she's unlikely to be a companion but who knows, maybe she'll be a temporary party member for a quest like Liara was in her ME2 DLC

as for co-op, unfortunately EA have decided all games should have multiplayer regardless of whether it makes any sense or not and so there is a possibility that the multiplayer in DA:I may be co-operative. hopefully they'll have learned from their mistake in ME3 though and won't make it mandatory

10+ Year Old Account
    Morrigan needs to be a companion, and she needs to be sexy as hell.
    She is sexy as hell. But she is not going to be a companion. Which is sad. Morrigan is one of my favorite Bioware characters: a rare example of a "good evil" character, one that seems to do and say a lot of terrible things, and yet ends up doing good for everyone. Along with Wrex and Kreya, she makes me say: "The dark side can be less dark than we expect".

Quote Originally Posted by Shizuo Heiwajima View Post
    Why do people want co-op in every damn game...
    I don't want co-op in every game. In fact, the only game I've played in which co-op was implemented really well was Doom 1/2, 20 years ago... However, I think a game such as Dragon Age can benefit a lot by co-op, although I am not sure how it can be implemented without a major rework of the dialogue system (unless they want to create an abomination like in SWTOR where people actually roll the dice on who is going to say something) and tactical combat (allowing to pause for both players will ruin the fluidity of gameplay, and allowing only host to do it will ruin another player's experience).
    Last edited by May90; 2014-06-11 at 08:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The RPG genre began with cooperative storytelling. Computer games have failed to ever reproduce that experience but still, any co-op feature in RPGs is fun.
    NWN did about as perfect job as computer RPG has ever done, thanks to the expansive toolset, multiplayer, good DM tools and intuitive UI
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

I foresee a push in the release limit.

The game doesn't seem anywhere near finished and what they were showing at E3 was called ''Alpha''.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post

The game doesn't seem anywhere near finished and what they were showing at E3 was called ''Alpha''.
    Unless they do a limit break.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post

What they were showing wasn't Alpha. They warned us that some of the things they were showing were pre-alpha. I think that applied to ME and the new IP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't the game delayed for a full year anyway?

10+ Year Old Account
    Trying not to get too hyped.

I wonder when Dragon age keep will be released and if it will make playthroughs irrelevent, not seen any information in my searches.
    Stormrage 4 lyfe

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Not a fan of that system, the game decides arbitrarily who is "allowed" to speak.

Maybe if we could choose beforehand who spoke, e.g. we'd want our cunning rogue to speak when haggling and our mage when speaking with other mages.
    Okay yeah that would be a better idea, I would 100% support that system in DA and Swtor .
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    we know Morrigan is in the game and there's already numerous screenshots of her in Inquisition around the internet. she's unlikely to be a companion but who knows, maybe she'll be a temporary party member for a quest like Liara was in her ME2 DLC

as for co-op, unfortunately EA have decided all games should have multiplayer regardless of whether it makes any sense or not and so there is a possibility that the multiplayer in DA:I may be co-operative. hopefully they'll have learned from their mistake in ME3 though and won't make it mandatory
    I havent played ME3 and so i wasnt aware that it was mandatory? That makes no sense whatsoever. DA being first and foremost a single player game i completely agree that the core experience should evolve around the single player campaign. What i would really like to try wsa coop support for that campaign. But i guess we will see what they come up with. I'm not sure what other kind of multiplayer it could feature. PvP? I dont see this in DA.

- - - Updated - - -

Also the pause feature worked OK in all the baldurs game series games(including icewind dale) and its there in NVN too. It CAN be annoying if someone constantly pauses but i havent found it to bad. I dont personally mind a 50/50 chance on dialogs. It could make for some interesting situations especially if coop is limited to two people. More then that and it would just be annoying. Or they could actually go all out and say, you are two different people, you both get your say?

Obviously that would be a bit odd on quest retrieval and so on. But it could work on romance/bromance options and minor tweeks. Not sure how it would work on major plot twists. Its something they would have to work on thats for sure, seing how important these things actually are in Dragon Age. But i do feel there is an interesting solution to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Okay yeah that would be a better idea, I would 100% support that system in DA and Swtor .
    Is it bad I want DA to be a bit different combat wise?
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Is it bad I want DA to be a bit different combat wise?
    I actually like the combat. How would you change it?

I feel like spellcasters where maybe at the short end of the stick in DA2, where as in DA1 they where pretty godlike. But aside from balance issues i'm not sure what i would change

It would be nice to have nuking spells that actually scaled properly for once. In both games they were very effective at low level and then garbage from mid-game on (except for secondary effects like freezing, knock-down, etc) without mods.

Also if they aren't going to flesh out the cross-class combos, I'd rather just ditch them entirely. They were a neat idea in DA2 especially, but they were horribly balanced/distributed.

10+ Year Old Account
    How they have it now is basically how I wanted it (though I guess that remains to be seen). A mix between Origins and DA2. A lot of action but a lot of strategy.

Deleted
    I havent played ME3 and so i wasnt aware that it was mandatory? That makes no sense whatsoever. DA being first and foremost a single player game i completely agree that the core experience should evolve around the single player campaign. What i would really like to try wsa coop support for that campaign. But i guess we will see what they come up with. I'm not sure what other kind of multiplayer it could feature. PvP? I dont see this in DA.

- - - Updated - - -

Also the pause feature worked OK in all the baldurs game series games(including icewind dale) and its there in NVN too. It CAN be annoying if someone constantly pauses but i havent found it to bad. I dont personally mind a 50/50 chance on dialogs. It could make for some interesting situations especially if coop is limited to two people. More then that and it would just be annoying. Or they could actually go all out and say, you are two different people, you both get your say?

Obviously that would be a bit odd on quest retrieval and so on. But it could work on romance/bromance options and minor tweeks. Not sure how it would work on major plot twists. Its something they would have to work on thats for sure, seing how important these things actually are in Dragon Age. But i do feel there is an interesting solution to it.
    A Co-op mode of the DA:I campaign? That would lead to massive beef between me and my co-op friends over romances. Something like that:

Me: "I want to romance Morrigan (if available)"
    Friend 1: "WTF I´d rather want Leliana !! Fuck Morrigan"
    Friend 2: "You 2 are tools we should romance Cassandra"
    Friend 3: "Why do you idiots want to romance anyone? That is stupid"

You see? Unless they change the whole dialogue system and stuff like romance (every player can romance a different character) I can´t see a co-op mode happening. Oh and that stupid SWTOR voting system for dialogue choices would pretty stupid in this game. And what about major plot decisions? Like I want to support Tevinter but my fellow co-op partners rather want to support faction xy? Massive potential for hate.

Dragon Age is a single player game PERIOD. I could imagine some sort of MP like ME3 with a horde mode but co-op? Never.