These are overall scores based on my personal experiences with each one:

Vanilla - 7
    Burning Crusade - 9
    Wrath of the Lich King - 8
    Cataclysm - 2
    MoP - 5

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I guess that people giving such low rates to vanilla didn't even play it. No real gamer would ever rate it so low. PvE players had some glory times (tho raids weren't at it's absolute best, and pvp players simply loved it's wpvp. Gold was hard to get, having an epic ground mount was a real challenge till the end... What else could a gamer wish?

Classic- 9 (Rusty as it should be. Hard as hell due to the amount of time needed. Room for a lot of improvements but it simply couldn't have been any better to start...)

TBC- 10 (The best MMORPG, kind of classic-like with fixed issues and better raid format.)

WotLK- 8 (Would be a 7 if it wasn't for Ulduar, ICC, Factions Champions, design and lore)

Cata- 6 (Kind of a let down, lore-wise and dungeon wise. The first tier and Firelands might save it.)

MoP (so far) - 7(> 8) (Might be 8 at the end, I don't like having a new raid model, that's a failure when raiding is so easy already, but the last patch looks really good!)
    Last edited by shise; 2013-06-22 at 11:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't play the Original version of the game.
    The Burning Crusade 9/10 (I didn't play at launch, but started around the first major patch, and loved it)
    Wrath of the Lich King 7/10 (I would rate the first half of the expansion 10/10, but the latter was pretty dull in my opinion, thus the low score)
    Cataclysm 5/10 (can't say that I played the whole expansion, because i didn't - but for what I played, this is what I'd rate it)
    I haven't played Mists of Pandaria either - tried it out for two days free, but couldn't stand what I now see as incredibly outdated graphics and boring mechanics. It was a bore, so I didn't play further.

Vanilla = 6/10
    B/C = 7/10
    LK = 7/10
    Cata = 4/10
    MoP = 6/10

I think that Vanilla was the better expansion, but they started to fix bugs/inbalance/issues of Vanilla in other expansions.

Classic - Never played it

TBC - 10/10. Amazing lore, memorable raids, memorable foes, and an entirely different game that was free of today's entitlement and the consequences entailed. It was my first taste of an MMORPG, and sadly set a standard that WoW has failed to live up to in subsequent expansions.

WOTLK- 9/10. Similarly amazing lore, memorable raids, and memorable foes. If WoW was ever to make any concessions in difficulty, WOTLK struck the right balance; accessible content, yet not handed to us on a platter. The prestige of heroic/hard mode raiding was still there; particularly with Ulduar, their best raid to date alongside Karazhan.

Cataclysm - 5/10. A huge fall in the previous standards; particularly with respect to lore, where it became clear that most of Blizzard's lore writers who had served in the Warcraft games on which WoW was built around, as well as WoW itself, were either gone or no longer in positions of influence. It had a good start with the challenging heroics, T11 and T12 as well, but the questing experience was much too linear and frankly boring; unfortunately setting a trend that would continue into MoP wherein we have approximately only 1 zone per level; as opposed to 3+ for every 1-10 levels from Level 1-60. With respect to PvP, it also began a trend wherein CC became far more important than actual DPS/Healing; something that was again carried over to MoP and which has made PvP progressively less enjoyable.

MoP - 3/10. Forgettable characters, forgettable raids. The continent of Pandaria itself is beautiful, but fell into the trap of Cataclysm with respect to offering linear quests and limited zones. Fight mechanics were rarely engaging, the gear themes/designs throughout the expansion have been overwhelmingly dull and boring. Far too much emphasis on dailies/solo scenarios etc rather than actual multiplayer content on an MMORPG; which thankfully Heroic Scenarios have addressed somewhat. At this point, i'm looking forward to the next expansion more than ever.
    Last edited by Austilias; 2013-06-22 at 11:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoryuken View Post
    Simple question, I'm very curious on what all WoW players would vote each expansion based off experience, quality, game-play and originality.

For me it goes...

Vanilla = 7/10
    B/C = 9/10
    LK = 10/10
    Cata = 7/10
    MoP = 6/10

What about you?
    I don't think pure numbers work so I will give reasons why I score each one the way I do.
    Vanilla 5/10 (even when it was current I found it pretty frustrating)
    TBC 6/10 (still found it frustrating, lots of class design that just seemed wonky unless you played 2-3 particular classes)
    WOTLK 9/10 (Was it easy? Yes. But did it bring the gameplay forward significantly and make me enjoy a lot of the game? Definitely.)
    Cataclysm 6/10 (would have been better with more non-raid stuff to do and less farming)
    MOP 7/10 (slightly a notch above Cataclysm, but still too much farming and non-raid stuff continues to be pretty poor)

Just by comparison, other MMOs I have played (retail versions only) since WOW:
    LOTRO 3/10 (Lots of annoying things piled up to make me not like it.)
    Rift 6/10 (I would consider playing this if I had about 50x more free time than I currently do.)
    GW2 7/10 (It lacks a lot of polish, but manages to feel very different from WOW, and in many ways, I can find it more satisfying.)

Deleted
    Vanilla - 1/10
    BC - 6/10
    Wrath - 10/10
    Cata - 4/10
    Mists - 8/10

10+ Year Old Account
    What I played of vanilla: 6/10
    TBC: 7/10
    WotLK: 9/10
    Cata: 6/10
    MoP: 9/10

Looking through people's replies, I honestly think people that rate MoP low are people that are just burnt out from either WoW, MMOs, or both.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vanilla - Haven't played it sadly.
    TBC - Haven't eitehr.
    WOTLK - 10/10 (main reason i started here in WOW and everything i saw was jsut so much fun, even killing monsters i never saw before felt like something huge, sadly those feelings are gone, not because WoW got bad or anything, but i'm not that kind of noob anymore sadly, i wish i still was though)
    Cata - 6/10
    MoP - 8/10 (it's not a 10 because i'm not a asian fan, if it was a tbc/wotlk/cata styled theme, then it was a 10 no doubt)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Vanilla - depends. Back then it was 10/10. Its really hard to rate it now - useless specs, pve rotation consisting of 1-2 spells, consumables grind before each raid, etc. Such things would be unthinkable in present mmo.
    TBC - 9/10. it fixed many flaws from vanilla and added so much. I really liked that 25s and 10s were different raids, also attunements felt like acomplishements.
    WotLK - 7/10. Casualisation of WoW. Had its ups and downs. Overall, I liked it. Hardcores has their hardmodes and casuals could see and experience everything. It would be 8/10, but ICC lasted for too long.
    Cata 5/10. This expansion was supposed to be so good. Badass main enemy, revmap of old content... but everything turned to be shallow and uninteresting.
    MoP - it would be strong 7/10 it it hadnt this silly asian/panda theme. I really dislike pandarens as a race, dont like monk class either. On the contraty, i really enjoyed horde questline in Jade Forest and love grumbles I like farm concept, pvp is better than it was in cata, raids and dungeons are decent. LFR is IMO a good idea. One thing that is pointless to me is this pet battles stuff, but i guess people enjoy it. Final verdict: 7 minus 2 for pands = 5/10

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokford View Post
    Vanilla - depends. Back then it was 10/10. Its really hard to rate it now - useless specs, pve rotation consisting of 1-2 spells, consumables grind before each raid, etc. Such things would be unthinkable in present mmo.
    TBC - 9/10. it fixed many flaws from vanilla and added so much. I really liked that 25s and 10s were different raids, also attunements felt like acomplishements.
    WotLK - 7/10. Casualisation of WoW. Had its ups and downs. Overall, I liked it. Hardcores has their hardmodes and casuals could see and experience everything. It would be 8/10, but ICC lasted for too long.
    Cata 5/10. This expansion was supposed to be so good. Badass main enemy, revmap of old content... but everything turned to be shallow and uninteresting.
    MoP - it would be strong 7/10 it it hadnt this silly asian/panda theme. I really dislike pandarens as a race, dont like monk class either. On the contraty, i really enjoyed horde questline in Jade Forest and love grumbles I like farm concept, pvp is better than it was in cata, raids and dungeons are decent. LFR is IMO a good idea. One thing that is pointless to me is this pet battles stuff, but i guess people enjoy it. Final verdict: 7 minus 2 for pands = 5/10
    TBC was 40 man raids not 25, and 10 man o.o

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    Vanilla: 9/10
    TBC: 9/10
    WotLK: 8/10
    Cataclysm: 6/10
    MoP: 8/10

---------- Post added 2013-06-22 at 12:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    TBC was 40 man raids not 25, and 10 man o.o
    TBC was 25 and 10 man raids.

Karazhan: 10 man
    Zul'Aman: 10 man
    Gruul's Lair: 25 man
    Magtheridon's Lair: 25 man
    Serpentshrine Cavern: 25 man
    The Eye (Tempest Keep): 25 man
    Battle for Mount Hyjal: 25 man
    The Black Temple: 25 man
    Sunwell Plateau: 25 man

Vanilla = 4/10 Totally unbalanced, not difficult but VERY time consuming.
    B/C = 8/10 Loved one difficulty raiding and the lore.
    LK = 10/10 Best xpac for me, the Lich King story just felt epic and all the raiding zones were really well done.
    Cata = 8/10 Felt really nice to take Deathwing down, but it wasn't the same thing.
    MoP = 6/10 Not really in love with Asian stuff, I dislike the changes made to valor/gear/daily system, but the raiding instances saved the day.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Vanilla - Haven't played it gladly.
    Fixed that.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I started playing in LK so I won't rate the others...
    LK 7/10
    Cata 8/10
    MOP 9/10

I like all the detail in MOP. Also I would have rated Cata higher but got pretty burnt out on DS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancha View Post
    Vanilla: 9/10
    TBC: 9/10
    WotLK: 8/10
    Cataclysm: 6/10
    MoP: 8/10

---------- Post added 2013-06-22 at 12:28 PM ----------

TBC was 25 and 10 man raids.

Karazhan: 10 man
    Zul'Aman: 10 man
    Gruul's Lair: 25 man
    Magtheridon's Lair: 25 man
    Serpentshrine Cavern: 25 man
    The Eye (Tempest Keep): 25 man
    Battle for Mount Hyjal: 25 man
    The Black Temple: 25 man
    Sunwell Plateau: 25 man
    My bad, thought everything was 40 man o.o

Quote Originally Posted by OmniSkribe View Post
    That's your opinion and it's not the fact.
    What's your point? I stated it clearly with "IMO" and every post here is opinions. The part about scourge lore is almost fact though because if you played WC3 you will know that WotLK's scourge was a joke.

Deleted
    Vanilla = 5/10
    BC = 7/10
    LK = 9/10
    Cata = 8/10
    MoP = 10/10

10+ Year Old Account
    Wotlk = 8/10
    Cata = 6/10
    MoP = 8/10

didnt played bc or vanilla

vanilla 9 back then, 2 by today's standards (9 for revamped leveling zones)
    tbc 9 back then, 4 today
    wlk 9 back then, 7 today
    cata 8 back then, 7 today
    mop 9 (so far)
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.