Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Don't use heirlooms and D. Enjoy the lore. What's the issue?

10+ Year Old Account
    Subjective list:

Vanilla: 9/10
    TBC: 8/10
    WotLK: 9/10
    Cata: 6/10
    MoP: 8/10 (could go to a 9 is SoO is as amazing as I hope it will be.)

Vanilla got a 9/10 because of the awe it inspired when I first started playing. In BC the awe started to fade, but the raiding was far better and there was more to do (not much, but more). WotLK gets a 9, because of the amount of content outside of raiding. It's crazy how much content the achievement system added to the game. Cata got a 6, but I may be judging it a little harshly. Although there wasn't much to do outside of raiding. The revamped 1-60 was a nice addition though.

MoP is a great expac, but it may have had a little too much to do at launch. Overall not much I can complain about here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im not going to rate anything based on how it holds up now. im going to rate it based on the time.

vanilla 9
    bc 9
    wrath 9.5
    cata 7.5
    MoP 8.5

10+ Year Old Account
    This is based on what I thought of each period while is was fresh, and all hindsight is taken away.

- Classic: 10/10. I had the most fun, I raided the most AND I PvP'ed the most in classic. Everything was new, fun and exciting. Obviously I don't think of classic the same way these days.
    - TBC: 3/10. I took many long breaks, and almost quit. I did not get to raid as much as I wanted, PvP was getting ruined and I didn't enjoy the questing/leveling. In hindsight, if I had gotten to raid more. Then I would probably have enjoyed it more.
    - WotLK: 8/10. Once again the game was fun and exciting for me, I got to raid more, and even did a little PvP. The questing/leveling experience was pretty good, and felt "meaningful" leading up to kill Arthas.
    - CATA: 4/10. Once again I did not really get into the game like I did in classic or WotLK. I did not raid at all before LFR came in cata, full stop with PvP and I hated the questing/leveling as well.
    - MoP: 6/10, so far. I'm liking some parts, hating others. All in all I think WoW is improving once again, and can't wait for the next expansion.

classic 10/10
    bc 8/10
    lk 5/10
    cata 7/10
    mop 8/10
    mop tot 9/10

10+ Year Old Account
    The Burning Crusade: 7/10
    Wrath of the Lich King: 9/10
    Cataclysm: 6/10
    Mists of Pandaria: 9/10
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Classic 8/10 : I loved the game, it was the second mmo I played and it was just a blast. My only problems were the tremendous grind to 60 and the even more monumental grind in pvp to FAIL to reach Grand Marshall.

TBC 10/10 : Leveling was challenging but manageable with the help of your friends. Dungeons were DUNGEONS, not queue'd scenarios picked from a menu that regurgitated points. Raiding, in spite of being in a weak guild was immensely enjoyable.

Wotlk 6/10: The decision to try moving on from casual raiding to being endgame tore a fun guild at the seams and led to my descent into furious perfectionist tendencies as a raider and eventually raid leader. Through great effort I led my new guild to greatness in ICC, but it was not fun, it was work.

Cata 1/10: I only played in Cata because of close friends from the guild. Disbanded the 25 man team and scaled down raiding. Things went well until Dragon Soul where I suddenly was struck down by a longing for what WoW was in the past. I quit during the long stretch of time when only DS was content due to extreme disappointment with the raid and with the LFR system.

MoP: It's been a wonderful and triumphant return for WoW for me. In the end it was all about the outlook. There will be no way to bring back what I loved about BC and Classic, but the game is still amazing in it's own ways. I have no doubt I'll be playing through MoP and onwards.
    Naftc, "Hunters are the cheapest class in game and when played right are more deadly than a train plowing through a field of bunnies covered in napalm"

10+ Year Old Account
    HAHA can't believe people are ranking Vanilla above MOP. The rose tint in this thread is amazing... oh wait most are probably lying and have never played it because anyone who realy played it would never rank it above MOP.

Also people rating it on there own experiences not what the game was realy like. Just read the guy above me. 1/10? only broken games get that.
    Last edited by Airwaves; 2013-06-22 at 05:32 AM.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    Vanilla didn't play.
    TBC 7/10
    WotLK 8/10 I had a lot of fun raiding
    Cata 6/10 It wasn't terrible, there was a few cool things I enjoyed.
    MoP 8/10 I like the theme and the raids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Classic: 6/10- Leveling blew chunks; never did 60 PvE/PvP

TBC: 7/10- Again, terribad leveling and ugly zones; 70 PvP was fun

Wrath: 9/10- Favorite point of the game; raided for the first time and the zones/leveling was fantastic

Cata: 7/10- Best raid team I had; 4.2 onward killed the game for me

MoP: 8/10- Went balls to the walls leveling characters and raiding, totally burnt myself out (might come back for 5.4); again, the leveling and dungeons were great
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    HAHA can't believe people are ranking Vanilla above MOP. The rose tint in this thread is amazing... oh wait most are probably lying and have never played it because anyone who realy played it would never rank it above MOP.

Also people rating it on there own experiences not what the game was realy like. Just read the guy above me. 1/10? only broken games get that.
    ''you'd never do X because I know you better than yourself''

Keep projecting.

Vanilla - 9/10
    Burning Crusade - 6/10
    WOTLK - 9.5/10
    Cataclysm - 8/10
    MOP - 9/10
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

Also people rating it on there own experiences not what the game was realy like.
    That is the point of the thread, yes.

Vanilla - 8.9
    BC - 9.2
    LK - 9.1 (pre lfd) 8.8 (lfd)
    Cataclysm - 8.9 (pre patch and first tier) 8.5 (5.1-5.2) 8.7 (5.3)
    MoP - Overall 8.8

Vanilla- 8/10. I will admit this has a lot to do with nostalgia, but nostalgia is a wonderful thing
    TBC- 8/10. No nostalgia here, genuinely enjoyed TBC but definitely not the best expansion as WoW was only still in early stages. Loved multiple tiers at launch
    Wrath-10/10 Best expansion in my opinion in that I fanatically enjoyed alt experience+10/25 separate lockouts, Weekly Raid quests and community
    Cata- 6/10, without the benefit of the revamp or t11 this would be much lower and this expansion almost killed game for me
    MoP- 9/10 Besides Wrath this has been most entertaining expansion, especially with recent more alt-friendly behavior. Having been subbed since launch without any breaks, Im happy MoP reversed my disdain for cata.

Deleted
    Vanilla - 6/10
    TBC - 7/10
    WotLk - 7,5/10
    Cataclysm - 8/10
    MoP - 10/10

Vanilla - Didn't Play
    BC - 8/10. Raiding was a lot of fun, loved attunements and the quests. I take away two points for the leveling experience (I should say grind)...
    WOTLK - 8/10. I absolutely hated it until end of Cata, when I realized that I truly did enjoy it. Ulduar was a lot of fun, and I enjoyed casual pvp.
    Cata - 6/10. PvP as a resto shaman was a ton of fun. Firelands was also a truly awesome raid. The only thing I really didn't like was Dragon Soul and LFR was a mess.
    MoP - 9/10. I haven't been able to play during MOP as much as I'd like to, but I love how much stuff they give you to do now. PvP is still fun, and I can LFR with my friends without the mess of normals... 5.4 is also shaping up to look amazing.

Deleted
    TBC = 9/10
    LK = 7/10
    Cata = 5/10
    MoP ToT = 8/10

Vanilla - didn't play
    BC - 8/10
    Wrath - 8.5/10
    Cata - 5/10
    MoP - 7/10

I find it hard to rank them considering there were many different aspects to each expansion to which one area might be lacking while another excelled. Like in Wrath, raiding was great but outside of that there wasn't much to do.

o·pin·ion
    /əˈpinyən/
    Noun
    A view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.
    Last edited by Neyze; 2013-06-22 at 06:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    World of Warcraft: (Vanilla) - 9/10
    World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade - 9/10
    World of Warcraft: The wrath of the Lich King - 10/10
    World of Warcraft: Cataclysm - 6/10
    World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria - 8/10
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..