Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    they don't want to carry people

you have nothing that proves you know what you're doing

you might be the greatest player ever, but they can't know that.

make some friends
    join a guild

stamina gems throw up red flags also
    Last edited by asharia; 2013-07-05 at 05:12 AM.

I had the same problem as you until someone from one of the top guilds on my server was in an LFR with me and saw the healing logs. Immediately after the raid ended he whispered me and was practically begging for me to join their guild. I didn't, but someone from a very experienced raiding guild that could vouch for me helped me get into the raiding guild I am in now.

Player skill is way more important than any silly achievement. The achievement is just an easy way for someone that doesn't know you to accept that you're as good of a player as you say you are.

You really just need to PROVE to a guild/group that you are worthy of joining their group. I completely understand how frustrating the, "I need experience to get experience" cycle is, but you really just need to prove that you are a good player.

And like many have said, just start your own pug. IMO I would try to find a good guild though. They are out there, you just have to look.

Quote Originally Posted by icausewipes View Post
    Try going Holy since everyone wants a healer over a dps.
    Or Protection for that matter, your going after the least desired (by raid leaders) role in the game, that being melee dps. There is a lot of competition for a melee dps spot, so when they see a melee with no experience your EASILY outweighed by the onslaught of melee looking to get into the raid. Perhaps that is just my server, but when forming a pug you will get non-stop requests from dps warriors, dks, and paladins.

btw where the hell are all the rogues ><

Quote Originally Posted by Freds1234 View Post
    I joined a guild at the beginning of 5.2 with 490 ilvl, so what I'd recommend you do is increase your ilvl by as much as possible and join a guild when 5.4 hits. Getting a raidspot in a guild mid-tier with no actual experience is pretty difficult, I agree.
    How should he improve his gear if he's nearly full T15 LFR as he said?

Maybe I would read some guides and watch some videos to get a feeling what the fight REALLY is about, because there's really no strategy at all in LFR. After that try to convince people that you can come along and you don't fail. Another thing is that you should learn to play your class really well and push for the limits.

Would you take someone that:
    - has no raid achievements
    - hasn't optimal gems
    - you don't know
    - doesn't have that much gear

ToT in 500 gear is doable. But I really think you want people that know how the bosses work and when to pull which trigger of the raid. Especially in the scope of a PUG this is very important. Usually people just want to farm stuff and not play like it is their first kill.

Maybe you should also apply to a guild. There are also nice guilds out there. But don't try to apply to a 8/13 HC guild. They won't take you just because the gear you are lacking. We have the same problem in our guild. If you want to do semi good progress it is usually very hard to just bring a player that has like 515 ilvl. Maybe apply to a guild that has 8-11 normal mode. If you got some gear you can decide to move to a more progress oriented guild or just stay with your guildies because you like them

Or: Start your own PUG

Deleted
    OP, when I eventually level up a 2nd alt, and join 10 man alt raids with some guildies hit me up on kazzak if you ever want to join . My IGN is emberblade and you sound like the kind of player that actually wants to raid

Quote Originally Posted by Temperance Brennan View Post
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Nzall/advanced

I'm at wits end. I can get nothing from LFR except a belt and 4P T15. I can get minor upgrades from heroic caches for some slots. but every time I try to join a normal ToT raid pug from trade, I get a reply in the vein of "sorry, you don't have any kills" or "looking for someone with more exp". And that's if they don't simply demand AotC right away, even for a non-lei shen pug. They check armory, so I cannot fake my achievement.

I could bribe someone, but that would take quite abit of time. I could join a guild, but I have nothing but bad experiences from guilds, either from malicious guild masters or from ignorant and dumb guildies. and even if I can find a decent guild, they ALSO ASK EXP...

It's a vicious circle: I can't get EXP because I don't have any EXP.
    I know that feeling bro. Im 1/13h and apparently cant join most h raiding guilds in my server because they demand 5 or 6/13h atm so yeah... fuck it.
    Last edited by Kavoo; 2013-07-05 at 05:44 AM.

every time I try to join a normal ToT raid pug from trade, I get a reply in the vein of "sorry, you don't have any kills" or "looking for someone with more exp". And that's if they don't simply demand AotC right away, even for a non-lei shen pug. They check armory, so I cannot fake my achievement.
    So you admit you're an achievement faker and then wonder why people don't take you. It's obvious when someone is a faker, and it doesn't make them look good.

I could bribe someone, but that would take quite abit of time. I could join a guild, but I have nothing but bad experiences from guilds, either from malicious guild masters or from ignorant and dumb guildies. and even if I can find a decent guild, they ALSO ASK EXP...
    Well, suck it up and join a guild. There are plenty of good starter guilds on most populated realms, if you think everyone is either malicious or ignorant/dumb, perhaps its your own personal issues that's the core of the problem, not how people treat you.

Or as others said, try to form your own pug, after hours of frustration you will realize why everyone asks for AotC.

This is just like applying for a job, though quite a bit less serious, it has the same principles.

You have to convince him you got the skills to do what it takes, and also that you know the fights....
    If you whisper, hey 513 ilvl paladin, no achieve, but I've done it in LFR noone is going to take you.
    If you go "Hey I am 513 ilvl paladin, I have no achievements, though I've read up on all the fights w/ vids, and I know my class well, and I can assure that I will be more effective than the average guy with same ilvl, w/ achievement. I am also a very quick learner." I am sure they will react a bit more positive, might not let you in, but your chances are higher.

What the hell is AotC

Quote Originally Posted by think309 View Post
    Start your own pug?
    How can you start a successful pug if you have no experience with the raid whatsoever?
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

Quote Originally Posted by GatorAJ View Post
    What the hell is AotC
    Ahead of the Curve. (http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=8249)

Quote Originally Posted by Ichifails View Post
    I would have linked aspect of the cheetah. But that's just me

edit:

So it looks like I'll not be able to pug anything current if I decide to resub at this point, thanks partially to this line of achievements if the mindless masses of today's wow are anything like in wrath and cata.
    Last edited by mickybrighteyes; 2013-07-05 at 05:53 AM.

Deleted
    Start your own PUG.

The normal & HC fights are quite different from LFR, therefore it is understandable that they want someone with experience.

10+ Year Old Account

I'm at wits end. I can get nothing from LFR except a belt and 4P T15. I can get minor upgrades from heroic caches for some slots. but every time I try to join a normal ToT raid pug from trade, I get a reply in the vein of "sorry, you don't have any kills" or "looking for someone with more exp". And that's if they don't simply demand AotC right away, even for a non-lei shen pug. They check armory, so I cannot fake my achievement.

This is the reason because I highly doubt that Flex Raids will do any damage to LFR, some seem to forget how it used to be when there were a lot of pugs for current content even in the not so populated servers

What LFR haters imagine:

[trade chat] Guy1: LFM Flex Raids, experience no needed, your ilvl is not important as long as you meet the minimum ilvl required, only required: a good attitude and wishes to have fun! <3 <3

[trade chat] Guy2: LFM Flex Raids, we have 12 guys already but the more, the better, come, join us, we refuse to start the raid until we have a full group so we all can have fun like a big family /hug

What will actually happen:

[trade chat] Guy1: LFM Flex Raids, minimum experience: 9/14 Normal (will inspect armory), minimum ilvl: 534, you have to come where I am for gear inspect, no noobs, no retards

[trade chat] Guy2: LFM Flex Raids, 535 ilvl minimum, if you don't have experience then don't waste your time, going for the first 4 bosses (maybe more if you stupid noobs don't suck)

10+ Year Old Account
    I miss Puging in Wrath and a bit in Cata...Was fun and yeah the GS and boss kill thing drove me nuts even if i knew what i was doing or could pick up the fights fast enough.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLoki View Post
    This is the reason because I highly doubt that Flex Raids will do any damage to LFR, some seem to forget how it used to be when there were a lot of pugs for current content even in the not so populated servers

What LFR haters imagine:

[trade chat] Guy1: LFM Flex Raids, experience no needed, your ilvl is not important as long as you meet the minimum ilvl required, only required: a good attitude and wishes to have fun! <3 <3

[trade chat] Guy2: LFM Flex Raids, we have 12 guys already but the more, the better, come, join us, we refuse to start the raid until we have a full group so we all can have fun like a big family /hug

What will actually happen:

[trade chat] Guy1: LFM Flex Raids, minimum experience: 9/14 Normal (will inspect armory), minimum ilvl: 534, you have to come where I am for gear inspect, no noobs, no retards

[trade chat] Guy2: LFM Flex Raids, 535 ilvl minimum, if you don't have experience then don't waste your time, going for the first 4 bosses (maybe more if you stupid noobs don't suck)
    First 2 horrible second two almost as bad in the opposite way....

Well you need to swallow your pride and join that guild w/ dumb and ignore guildies to move up in the world. That is how you do it, get in a guild, any guild, that is killing bosses and soak up gear, become the best raider in that guild and then find a better one. Keep doing this until you get where you want to be, it is sad but some guilds exist to be stepping stones.

You could start your own pug, but unless you are really good at researching and know the fights very well (or have a friend who can kind of help raid lead) then you will more than likely just end up wasting other peoples time.

and guilds have nothing but bad experiences with pugs that have no experience. If you want in you have to work your way up the ladder, and that means putting up with jerks guild masters and loot whore raid members in some cases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    When a homeless person is rambling in the streets, it's better to ignore them than argue with them. On the internets it's clearly better to spend an entire week proving them wrong.

10+ Year Old Account

If you lie don't expect to get in, it only presents you as trying to be sneaky in a rather dumb way. Depends on the personality of the person looking for the pugs but if they're anything like me they will reject you for the sole reason of you lying. You should get some friends that are in various raiding guilds and do stuff like LFR with them, having friends is one of the best ways to get into a raid outside of having experience. Even something simple like researching the fights and telling them that when you're attempting to join helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

biggest issue i see here is your attitude, change that and i doubt you have any issue's finding a guild that suits you.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arothand View Post
    This has always been the case. If it wasn't gearscore it was iLevel. If not iLevel it was "link achieve". People whine about a lack of skilled players, but aren't willing to actually HELP other players get the skill that they demand.
    I made this point in another thread earlier today (Although, in that thread, it was another 'anti LFR' thread) and I pointed out that it's largely raiding guild's fault LFR has been accepted with open arms by the masses of "casual" players. However, in OP's case, he's just sadly out of luck. The only way to get into even a half descent raiding guild these days is shear dumb luck. If you haven't completed the current tier, and/or in min/maxed gear, you're SoL.

Best of luck to you OP, but I suggest you focus on praying to the RNG gods in LFR. Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst kind of attitude.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven