• Rabbits are dinner

23 11.22%
  • Both

149 72.68%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Avengerx View Post
    To the people claiming rabbits are stupid, have you ever had a rabbit as a pet before? If no then you have no right saying that they are stupid. They can be very affectionate, caring and loyal. Yes it's true that they have a small brain but they are anything but stupid.
    I've had 3. They are incredibly stupid.

On topic: People in my country see it as a great tabu to eat rabbits, at least in the southern parts where I live. They're one of the more popular pets, probably the third most popular (behind cats and dogs ofc).

I don't really see rabbits as food myself either, because it's more or less non-existant in my culture to eat them unless you go higher up in the country.

I would like to try the meat though, so I'm in no way against rabbits being bred/captured/killed for food (or any non-endangered animal), I just don't see them as food when I look at them since I haven't even come across rabbit meat once in my entire life.

Rabbits? I think of them as the epitome of sweet and gentle creatures, the type you imagine frolicking through the forest with their fellow gentle animal friends, munching on clovers and dandelions, listening to the songs of sparrows and chickadees, while a rainbow shines overhead.

I couldn't eat one even if I wanted to, I really don't understand my hangup/weird stereotyping of them. During undergrad I did a report on animal cruelty on farms and I had to turn off a video on some guy cutting into an unanesthetized rabbit with a blunt scalpel before the blade managed to get within 3 inches of the rabbit, the mere thought of what was about to happen on screen made me nauseous.

But yeah, if you're cool with eating bunnies...that's cool...I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Had an awesome pet rabbit when I was younger so that really turns me away from wanting to even try rabbit meat despite everyone saying it is tasty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rabbits are smart enough to be trained with clickers. I eat them, though. I don't really hold any animal above eating, I'd eat domesticated dogs or cats if they didn't taste like shit (I assume this because they are carnivores which usually don't taste great) or I were starving. Maybe the secret is a little bit of that sauce they use at the Chinese restaurant?
    Last edited by The One Percent; 2013-07-12 at 12:15 PM.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by skrump View Post
    In the U.S you won't find rabbit meat in stores so Generally you breed them our buy them from someone who does.
    Never actually hunted wild Rabbit though as I was always told they are less meaty and the meat itself is generally of much lower quality.
    Probably more lead shot in a wild rabbit than meat.

Deleted
    I don't see the point in eating rabbits really. We already have chickens, pigs and cows to eat. What niche does a rabbit fill?
    I'd say the same thing about ducks. Sure you can eat them, but is it really that different? Is it necessary to create a mass market for them as well? For example, I find chicken, turkey and crocodile to taste very similar. So if we're already eating chicken, why kill the rest? It doesn't seem necessary as the tastes are too similar.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm well aware people eat rabbits occasionally. But I don't think on the same scale as the three primary animals. And that's why I say a rabbit is more a pet than dinner.
    Last edited by mmoceb1605b3cd; 2013-07-12 at 01:06 PM.

Both. Eaten rabbit and would do it again and I had a rabbit when I was a kid. Doesn't bother me at all. I'd probably try most types of meat given the chance, except cat... and human. rofl
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

10+ Year Old Account
    As far as I am aware, Rabbits hold little to no nutritional value to us. There for they are pointless to eat.

I vote pets.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    I don't see the point in eating rabbits really. We already have chickens, pigs and cows to eat. What niche does a rabbit fill?
    Rabbits make better stews than chickens, pigs, and cows. So does lamb, FWIW.

I'd say the same thing about ducks. Sure you can eat them, but is it really that different?
    Yes, duck is significantly different from other poultry; in particular, the crispy skin on a nicely prepared duck is probably just about the tastiest thing that can exist in poultry. Duck confit is more suitable as a rich main course than anything you can make with chicken.

For example, I find chicken, turkey and crocodile to taste very similar.
    Ah, I've found the problem. Your taste buds are broken.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    As far as I am aware, Rabbits hold little to no nutritional value to us. There for they are pointless to eat.
    Looks like a pretty good source of protein. Combine with veggies in a stew and you have a hearty, low fat, complete meal.

Both. I wouldn't eat one though.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Incredibly is a bit of a stretch to me. It's good, but not better than a bunch of other meats. For some purposes (stew!), it's very good, but I'd still put it well below a good smoked brisket, pulled pork, or Peking duck. It's good though!
    Different people, different tastes. Peking Duck is so standard Chinese restaurant food for me. Rabbit meat just melts off of your tongue.. mmmh

10+ Year Old Account
    Neither, I see rabbits as pests... :P

15+ Year Old Account
    They are daft and boring as pets.
    Dinner for me.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Pets. You wouldn't eat a dog, RIGHT? Even if it was tasty... :<

10+ Year Old Account
    I could never eat Stan

snake food, rabbits are nasty.

Deleted
    I say both. Have had some as pets when I lived on the country, but also eaten rabbit. Was a long time now though, but taste good.

I don't get this, but maybe because I'm closer to a lot of farmers than most. Pigs make great pets too, and they're quite intelligent. No complaints about eating those?

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amirila View Post
    Pets. You wouldn't eat a dog, RIGHT? Even if it was tasty... :<
    Yes?
    I've had dog before, it's tasty, and I would have it again. I don't know the dog I just ate, I don't know how the dog lived, I don't know how the dog died. But it is delicious, and it's life is helping me live mine. Don't see the problem.