View Poll Results: What do you think about this incident?

Voters
570. This poll is closed
  • The Dubai governemnt did the right thing

32 5.61%
  • The woman did something wrong

18 3.16%
  • Everyone involved did something wrong

111 19.47%
  • The woman did nothing wrong, it was the Dubai government's fault

409 71.75%
Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Komati View Post
    "When in Rome do as the Romans".
    So in Dubai do as they do in Dubai? Because going by the case in question they seem to rape their co workers*, doing what they do would make the issue worse

*) I may or may not be exaggerating a little bit

Deleted
    (Reading poll votes)

"The Dubai governemnt did the right thing
    16 4.11%"

The woman did something wrong
    13 3.34%

Everyone involved did something wrong
    74 19.02%

---

Really?. Sigh.

From the article

"He stressed that he did not read the judgment and therefore do not know the details of what the woman has been convicted."

I come from the US and I have never seen any crazy rubbish like that having lived in Dubai for 8 years. For every person that actually 'LIVED' in Dubai and says that it's a bad government, I can get 10 times more people to vouch for it.

I don't say that these people are lying, but I dislike hearing one sided stories and judging them.

Quote Originally Posted by trauma443 View Post
    (Reading poll votes)

"The Dubai governemnt did the right thing
    16 4.11%"

The woman did something wrong
    13 3.34%

Everyone involved did something wrong
    74 19.02%

---

Really?. Sigh.
    You ignored something.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    This would make it decidedly not her mistake, rather the victim of propaganda, and circumstance.
    That's an interesting way of looking at it, but like I said, ignorance is no excuse. There's a difference between reality and fiction and most people can tell the difference.

If someone still can't make an informed decision then they are either stupid or delusional.

Can you prove to us that she was delusional and that all information regarding this country is positive and creates a false impression? Maybe their laws are hidden from the outside world or something?

Then you might have a point, but it's simply not the case here.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmot View Post
    From the article

"He stressed that he did not read the judgment and therefore do not know the details of what the woman has been convicted."

I come from the US and I have never seen any crazy rubbish like that having lived in Dubai for 8 years. For every person that actually 'LIVED' in Dubai and says that it's a bad government, I can get 10 times more people to vouch for it.

I don't say that these people are lying, but I dislike hearing one sided stories and judging them.
    http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/354646

There were more newspages linked earlier. Just because you've never seen it or have people vouching for how good the government is doesn't mean it's not actually awful. Any law based on Sharia is awful by association.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmot View Post
    From the article

Two questions:
    A: What is your gender?
    B: What is your socio-economic status?

Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    That's an interesting way of looking at it, but like I said, ignorance is no excuse. There's a difference between reality and fiction and most people can tell the difference.
    Well I think most people are idiots, and need a lot more guidance than they get. I'm more curious if(or why didn't) someone/s bothered to inform her of all the risks she was taking when she made the decision.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gamingmuscle View Post

I hope you never do an action that indirectly causes you to be put in harm then. And if you dp I hope you don't expect anyone to give a shit then =P

That happens already with most people. When I'm in trouble, I care about solving it not some individual I do not even know to pity me. Especially if I'm in trouble that could have been avoided if I had a little more common sense.

As for the rest of your post, it's puerile nonsense, just like what you just said. The third option is definitely open for interpretation and arguments. That's what happens when you vote an option involving two opposing sides.
    Last edited by mmoc0f233d9eb1; 2013-07-18 at 04:50 PM.

Deleted
    I like how I clicked on this page and there is a visit Abu Dhabi ad at the top. Yeah... think I'll pass.

I am not sure, if those 16 Option 1 people are trolls or stupid. I really hope they are trolls. But I fear they are not....

I can not understand the other 87 People voting 2 and 3. Because she did nothing wrong. Et least if you are capable of reason. What's supposed to be her "mistake" report to the police, that she was victim of a crime? Looking for a working opportunity?
    In addition several (male) people do in fact support her claims, which makes the verdict even more unreasonable.

In addtion the rapist himself was convicted.... so whats the point of convicting her? If the rapist is convicted for rape, how can the victim by guilty of consent sex out of marriage? Thats complete nonsense. Even bei muslimic standards.
    Last edited by josykay; 2013-07-18 at 04:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Can someone translate this to me please? All I saw was derp derp brainfart derpity derp.
    I'm sorry if you have a hard time grasping a simple concept.

By saying "The woman did something wrong" you are placing at least some blame on her. You cannot deny this.

With the limited information from the translated articles you cannot even say she broke any laws.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

Quote Originally Posted by gamingmuscle View Post
    I'm sorry if you have a hard time grasping a simple concept.
    The person you quoted said the woman did nothing wrong and your response is "anyway you're blaming the victim". Can't you really not see how ridiculous you sound?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    I have no sympathy for anyone that voluntarily travels to these countries and gets into trouble.
    Plenty of Brits voluntarily sign up for the Army & get shipped overseas to "Get into trouble".

As for the rest of your post, it's puerile nonsense, just like what you just said. The third option is definitely open for interpretation and arguments. That's what happens when you vote an option involving two opposing sides.
    Exactly how does "everyone involved did something wrong" have multiple meanings...it is a very simple statement. I cannot for the life of me see any other mean that All persons involved being wrong.

Is it because "something" is a vague term? Because that doesn't change the meaning....that those involved were wrong in one or more of their actions.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    So in Dubai do as they do in Dubai? Because going by the case in question they seem to rape their co workers*, doing what they do would make the issue worse

*) I may or may not be exaggerating a little bit
    There's no coustom or law that dictates that you have to rape co-workers in dubai. However, if you happen to be a morally corrupt cancerous virus on human civilization; then there's nothing stoping you from raping all the "whore dressed" females in Dubai.

I bet the woman didn't even cover her hair. Maybe she even showed some ancle.
    “The north still reeks of undeath. Our homelands lay in ruin. Pandaria oozes our hatred and doubt. What hope is there for this world when the Burning Legion again lands upon our shores?” - Eric Thibeau

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    The person you quoted said the woman did nothing wrong and your response is "anyway you're blaming the victim". Can't you really not see how ridiculous you sound?
    He was saying that wrong is subjective. As he could define it one way and me another.

And I said it doesn't matter, and doesn't make it any less blaming the victim.

You know, I don't think a SINGLE person in this thread has said it's her fault she got raped. Lots of people seem to be getting all emotional and jumping on people for that and it's just not happening.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    She moved there of her own free will.

I'm not blaming the victim. What happened to her wasn't her fault, but moving there was.
    I wouldn't say moving to Dubai was necessarily stupid. Drinking without whatever license the article described being needed was.

And that kind of is victim blaming =P Not her fault she was raped, but her fault since she moved there...still blaming =P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by poser765 View Post
    You know, I don't think a SINGLE person in this thread has said it's her fault she got raped. Lots of people seem to be getting all emotional and jumping on people for that and it's just not happening.
    Correct, but they certainly have said her situation is her fault for being in a country with stupid laws.
    Last edited by gamingmuscle; 2013-07-18 at 05:17 PM.

However, if you happen to be a morally corrupt cancerous virus on human civilization; then there's nothing stoping you from raping all the "whore dressed" females in Dubai.
    If the woman works in Dubai, I am pretty sure, she sticks to the dress code... Ordo muslims consider for example those dresses of Emirate Airlines flight attendants offensive?
    Last edited by josykay; 2013-07-18 at 05:21 PM.