Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

This is why there are so many bots on Alliance

I just figured out why there are so many bots Alliance side. My Warlock just hit 90 and been trying to grind out some honor for gear. My win rate is 12.5% if you subtract AV and IoC. Since those arent related to PvP its only fair since we are talking about PvP here. Really? 12.5%? Where are all those "OMG stop crying about Alliance the win rates are 50:50" people cause you are just flat out wrong. 12% is not even close to 50% so where the hell do you get those made up numbers? In comparison my fresh Horde Monk has a win rate of 76% with around the same number of BGs done. So if you want to know why Alliance has so many bots its because no sane person wants to play through 1000 point loses and 4 caps all day long. If you want the bots to go away stop sucking so people will actually want to play their characters.

Deleted
    I guess you have tried this on all level brackets and all battlegroups?

If not, who gives a shit.

Quote Originally Posted by turskanaattori View Post
    I guess you have tried this on all level brackets and all battlegroups?

If not, who gives a shit.

this is 90 only. leveling brackets dont matter. Also battlegroups are all merged now for BGs. I have people from Bloodlust in my BGs and my Alliance characters arent in that battlegroup.

Deleted
    so you say that, all the bots are on alliance side? and battlegrounds have become pve ( as bots could be considered as environment) so it's just a horde only raid?

10+ Year Old Account
    grass is greener situation or an excuse to use bots?

Quote Originally Posted by Huntermyth View Post
    grass is greener situation
    more like fact unless in some universe 12% is better than 76%

Deleted
    Meh, i think it depends a lot on what battlegrounds you get. Being the one with the worst gear in the battleground really affects the 10 man bgs.

Deleted
    Botting in bgs has a high risk of banning. I'd suggest you farm the Dominance Offensive rares that yield honor tokens ( they give 250 honor + guild perk + banner = @ 350-425? )
    That's how I geard my alt monk, with @ 45 of those tokens and some rbgs when the mobs were yet to spawn. But you're in for a bit of grinding tbh.

Those botting are making the problem you're facing right now even worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Could you link the armory of your warlock plus a few other characters of yours?

Quote Originally Posted by Dabrix32 View Post
    more like fact unless in some universe 12% is better than 76%
    You say FACT. Please show us the numbers and how you came to this FACT.

Also Av and IoC are not PvP related? Last time I checked both of them still involved the same amount of PLAYER VERSE PLAYER.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Otsoko View Post
    You say FACT. Please show us the numbers and how you came to this FACT.

Also Av and IoC are not PvP related? Last time I checked both of them still involved the same amount of PLAYER VERSE PLAYER.
    Ages ago mmo champ posted some graphs on the win loss ratio.

Horde had a much higher percentage on all bg's accept the 40 man ones which allies had a large percentage for winning.

due to those 40 man bg's, that's how people get this 50:50 ratio but in reality, if you don't get many 40 man bg's as an ally then you ratio is going to be much lower.

Also more on topic, I'd say theres lots of ally bot's because the que is near instant, so if you're not going to be present at your computer it won't matter if you're winning or losing.

Just geared up my 90 Monk on Alliance in 2 days in BGs, wasn't much of a problem, won about 50% of the games. Only maps that sucked were the new gold minecart thing, and battle for gilneas, everything else was about 50/50 and then AV/IoC was about 80% win rate.

Working on my 90 Priest now on Horde side, I expect it to be about the same, only plus is I can blacklist AV/IoC so I should win a bit more, or at least that's the plan.

There are more bots on Alliance because of instant queues. Alliance queues are under 1 minute always, Horde are over 5 minutes sometimes. Honor farming is actually the same on both sides more or less because of that, winning a game every 30 minutes is about equal to losing one every 15. So even though Alliance wins a bit less (arguably) they still have about the same honor/hour.

Deleted
    if you have a tank buddy it's easy, to farm honor on my ilvl 540 tank monk I just queue heroics, pull everything and clear them in 4-10 mins depending on which one and on if I get good or crappy dps. It finishes faster then most bgs and I can just trade in the JP for honor, I lose out a bit cause of the conversion rate but you can't have bad luck like in bgs where you might spend 20 mins losing and gaining like no honor at all.

12.5% does that mean you have 7 losses and 1 win? Not much of a sample size.

Also, why is AV and IoC not "real pvp"? I can understand that you can do an entire AV without any major conflict, but someone has to defend and attack towers.

The basic problem is probably not bots, rather its that the more one side wins, the more those people want to queue and the less the other side does. Then the next battle one side has more experience than the other. Different time slots may prove different results.

12.5% and 76%?
    How are these numbers acquired? Are we talking 10 bgs or a more appropriate number like 50+? Are you specific queueing into a certain bg or doing random or?

Also nobody will care about your statistics without proof.
    Also nobody will care about your statistics because your post comes off as more of a rant/gripe/whine/cry then intelligently discussing why your win percentage is so low.
    Also, one thing to keep in mind is an active player can be as worthless as a bot. Or a bot who is a bot the entire BG except when they return the flag at the last second to allow his team to cap is the most valuable person on the team. Most people don't know what it is to try and win a BG, they just follow the crowd around and farm HK's. Do you add value to the team when you're playing BG's?

So you just hit level 90. You have no gear. You're most likely in the first stages of learning what PvP is like on your class at level 90. You probably don't contribute much to your team... and you're complaining about losing?

I see this type of thread way to often.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabrix32 View Post
    If you want the bots to go away stop sucking

OH WISE AND ALL KNOWING MASTER YOU HAVE SHOWN ME THE WAY.

...Except maybe the fact that the majority of the players in the BG being bots ensures a loss because all your team (Y'know, teamwork, the thing that actually wins you the game not your invisible l33t-o-meter) isn't being perpetuated.

It's not about 'people sucking' it's about less and less of those people BEING people.

This is the very definition of victim blaming except ironically enough you're doing it to yourself. People will always be lazy, chinese gold farmers will always bot, and lazy people will always continue this vicious cycle. Even a 50/50 win/lose ratio is too bad and too much of a slog for some. And this is why this imbalance has occured.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

well I'm not whining or anything, and I dont have actual numbers and bla bla bla, but its not a mistery that Horde wins more random BGs. I made my peace with that a long time ago.

Apart from AV and IoC, horde gets more wins in all BGs. So, if winning random BGs is important to you, then just don't go Alliance.

I can only speak for the past 1,5 or so though, maybe this was different before.

10+ Year Old Account
    All battlegroups are not merged IDC what you "think" you saw. You sound like someone that had bad luck and is flaming to get supporters that are having bad luck and grouping up to sound like your on to something. On KT I have around a 10:6.3 win ratio not counting the not pvp(ha) AV and IoC. On my other battlegroup I have a 10:5.2 win ratio, I have never played horde and never will, people that bash the alliance like this usually are having or have been having a bad experience in BGs due to their luck in who they are facing or who they are grouped with. I have not seen a bot in about a month now except in AV either, so I really don't believe the problem is as exacerbated as you would believe.