Poll: Would it upset you if LFR went away?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 25 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Well judging a thing for their cons isn't a good thing. Whatever the game was, u have to accept its current state and u have to accept that it isn't back stepping ever.

that said, LFR has these good sides -

1) No fixed schedule: this single handedly, what made LFR popular. You might be a busy mom, a guy working 2 shifts, a normal raider doing 3 nights a week, whatever u r or whatever ur schedule is got an hour free? u can q up and get into LFR. Then u can see content and get a bit of gear. And no the gear isn't free. Chances r most ppl don't see more than a piece of gear per week. So, QQing over lfr giving free loots is very pointless.

2) LFR allows ppl to escape premade groups: lets face it, not all ppl has same mentality, if they had there won't be a forum and any discussion. A person can be invited to a very nice group which is very nice experience or she can be invited into a group of jerks, who rants on even silly mistakes, which is very bad experience. And experiance as such in past, makes ppl shy away from grouping, unless they know the group to be nice. LFR now gives these ppl a nice way to avoid these. ppl now in LFR simply ignores jerks or kicks them, and simply forget that incident. in their mind its just an hour long event they can completely forget about.

3) Gears: Gear is something craved by all. an upgrade is a upgrade. It helps casual ppl to have a sense in character progression. to see them getting stronger a bit with every upgrade. For alts targeting normal mode raiding its a great opportunity to have a few piece of gear that takes them to the minimum ilvl required to enter normal mode. This aspect is very much helpful raiders who r targeting for normal/heroic progression. once u r downing bosses in normal, u r good to go and ur participation in LFR will be less and less every week. Older tiers raids r pointless now. as LFR gear out levels them greatly, also using lfr, u dont need guild mates to carry u through normal mode for gears, which saves time.

here is some supposedly bad side -

1) ppl get bored fast: well ppl who get bored fast will get bored anyway. its our nature. on how much we can concentrate on something. This can't be helped. U can say increase difficulty, but doing so would make ppl bored faster and frustrated. A challenge which u take on willingly is enjoyable, but forced on u is not so much. and Wow being a game, forcing challenge on ppl, will make many of them quit entirely. U may think "Good riddance!", but think again, more ppl remaining in game means more money to bliz and more content for every one. clearly this is a win for all side.

2) ppl in lfr is bad: well there is ppl with low dps, ppl standing in bad staff and all. then there is wipefest on some bosses. But lets face it, those ppl didn't fine tune their abilities like ppl targetting normal/heroic did. There is some bad ppl that's true, they don't ever want to learn, unfortunately u cant do any thing about them except kick them. other than these, lfr was quite good for me so far.

3) lfr hurting the game: this is most hilarious! it by means hurts ur game, rather it support it more. its keeping casuals by having their share of fun, its helping raiders by quickly gearing up. only ppl i see thinking it hurts r ppl who can't give up memories from past. BC was then it is now. so rather go with what is now.

So overall, from my point of view, LFR should stay and frankly, topics like this shouldn't be up for debate either.

Quote Originally Posted by Natova View Post
    I used to raid heroic progresion, i did that for a few years. As time passed by i could no longer stand the FORCED raiding hours my guild
    Disclaimer : I'm not singling you out, nor I will answer specifically to you, I just quote you because it's a typical complaint about raid, and I can't help but to ask :
    How all of you people complaining about "forced hours" manage to have any social past-time/hobby ? Because last time I checked, EVERY SINGLE social hobby requires "forced hours". You don't get to play football at the hour you want, you don't get to play to the chess club at the hour you want, you don't get to go to martial arts classes at the hour you want.

Despite this, I don't remember outcries of people being "elitist" or "tyrannical" or wanting to be "special snowflakes" or whatever about these constraints. I don't remember people accusing someone playing basket in a club of being a "no-life" due to making time in his precious real-life to go at fixed hours to his practice. In fact, people whining about how the opening hours don't fit their personnal schedule and how they can't be arsed to respect them, are considered egotistical, rude and self-centered.

But somehow, it seems that WoW is in a reversed universe.
    Suddendly everything that is acceptable (and even considered positive) in real-life becomes a sign of being a basement-dwelling loser, and anti-social/selfish behaviour becomes a poignant standing for personnal freedom and the Defense of the Victimized Casual.

I hope all the people saying they can't manage raid hours and hence need LFR don't have outdoor/social activities (which would make all the "my life is busy unlike all these hardcore losers" all the more hilarious), or may their hypocrisy choke them.

LFR is bonus loot. I like bonus loot because it makes your characters stronger and, even though a degree of challenge adds "flavour" to your raid wins, it's very annoying when, even playing to near perfection, gear defines whether you kill or you wipe.
    Who doesn't fancy LFR can simply forget about it and be happy.

15+ Year Old Account
    If they changed the Legendary quest chains I wouldn't mind missing LFR. But sometimes you just don't get the kills (since the raid doesn't happen and you can't kill all bosses that week) so you miss out on chances for the legendary quest items which you can catch up by doing LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    What does LFR have to do with the way progression used to be? How does it affect progression?
    In LFR you don't really do the raid instance, no one really cares about the tactics because LFR is kinda easy so people just ignore them...

Atm, almost 60% of poll voters said they would be upset with removal of LFR.
    Mind, it is a MMOC forum where more hardcore/dedicated/fan people come. Even them want LFR.
    Dont see any point in further discussion.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was a failed experiment and the cons outweigh the pros. Don't get me wrong, there are definite pros to the system-- but it's not really helping anyone be better players.

It's just a slot-machine mentality that's carrying it forward.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Disclaimer : I'm not singling you out, nor I will answer specifically to you, I just quote you because it's a typical complaint about raid, and I can't help but to ask :
    How all of you people complaining about "forced hours" manage to have any social past-time/hobby ? Because last time I checked, EVERY SINGLE social hobby requires "forced hours". You don't get to play football at the hour you want, you don't get to play to the chess club at the hour you want, you don't get to go to martial arts classes at the hour you want.

Despite this, I don't remember outcries of people being "elitist" or "tyrannical" or wanting to be "special snowflakes" or whatever about these constraints. I don't remember people accusing someone playing basket in a club of being a "no-life" due to making time in his precious real-life to go at fixed hours to his practice. In fact, people whining about how the opening hours don't fit their personnal schedule and how they can't be arsed to respect them, are considered egotistical, rude and self-centered.

But somehow, it seems that WoW is in a reversed universe.
    Suddendly everything that is acceptable (and even considered positive) in real-life becomes a sign of being a basement-dwelling loser, and anti-social/selfish behaviour becomes a poignant standing for personnal freedom and the Defense of the Victimized Casual.

I hope all the people saying they can't manage raid hours and hence need LFR don't have outdoor/social activities (which would make all the "my life is busy unlike all these hardcore losers" all the more hilarious), or may their hypocrisy choke them.
    Well one of the biggest differences is human interaction (for me). In wow you sit alone behind you pc and are connected via the inet one skype, ts or vent (or whatever).
    I used to do archery are physicaly interacting with people you get to look them in the eye talking is alot easyer. Give someone a pat on the back when they do something good. Share a few drinks in each others compagny (sp?). Well i gues you know what differences i am talking about between virtual and real.

Also if i did not feel like going to practise, i simply stayed at home we don't have matches every week. So it felt perfectly relaxed to do for me. It was not 3 to 4 night a week 4 hours a night, it was maximum 3 times a week for mostly 2 hours.

Who told you that? thats certainly is not true.
    I pay my gym time and I come when ever I want. Sometimes I go early in the morning, sometimes late at night after work, sometimes I dont go for whole week or even month.
    Thats certainly not what can you do in raiding guild. No half-serious raid guild would take me. I certainly wouldnt apply to them either if I know I cant follow their schedule and screw someone elses raid spot.

Deleted
    I'd hit unsubscribe if LFR went away. Simple as.

You need to realize that because some people don't want to dedicate a specific timeframe to a game, doesn't mean they're unwilling to dedicate a specific timeframe to some other activity. It's also true that a lot of people don't have social hobbies at all. Some people collect stamps, do woodwork, restore old cars or whatever. They can do this on their own schedule and stop when they want.

On top of all of this is the fact that some people are burned out with committing to a specific schedule and a specific number of hours to play a game, which is supposed to be fun. I am one of these people. Whatever I got out of raiding is no longer worth the investment.

That said, I don't have any expectation that a game would be changed for how I want to play, but I'm happy that I can continue playing, progress my character without having to hop on the the raid schedule train anymore.

There's no hypocrisy. See my comments above for why.
    Stating an opinion as fact does not make it fact. Opinions are not fact. So don't be stupid and make a fool of yourself by trying to pass off your opinion as fact.

[QUOTE=Akraen;22005680]It was a failed experiment and the cons outweigh the pros. Don't get me wrong, there are definite pros to the system-- but it's not really helping anyone be better players./[QUOTE]

I dont think it is meant to help anyone to be better player. Raiding guild are for that.
    Why we need to be better players anyway?
    Who do we need to compete against anyone? Whats the point?
    We can just relax and play with no competitive burden around our neck...
    Last edited by Maniac2; 2013-08-07 at 01:53 PM.

Deleted
    If people cant make RAID TIMES where you have to be sat at your computer for hours on end X amount of nights in the week then it matters no fuck.
    Newsflash: if people cant do raid time then they should not raid at all. Flex raid gives more then enough fix for people that cant do regular raiding. Or do we really need to give free epics to everyone that has a job to do, since the "no time excuse" automatically means they are right?

Atm, almost 60% of poll voters said they would be upset with removal of LFR.
    Mind, it is a MMOC forum where more hardcore/dedicated/fan people come. Even them want LFR.
    Dont see any point in further discussion.
    HC? most people here spend more time on the forums instead of ingame and a damn lot of people tell here how they have no time to raid yet the recruitment subforum is rarely visited. Most people here have no clue how to play this damn game, just scroll the forums.

It's just a slot-machine mentality that's carrying it forward.
    Couldn't agree more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    I would, if it were to be replaced with Flexible. You know, flextime raiders....

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    It would upset me, because (personally speaking) that's all I have time for.

Long gone are the days when I could come straight home and sit at my computer for hours on end trying to accomplish something. I'm married now, with a toddler and another one on the way, and family time comes before game time.

I would go as far as to say that LFR was created for 2 kinds of players. Newer players who don't feel comfortable having to join a guild and submit themselves to the scrutiny that comes with progression raiding, and older players who's priorities in life have changed and still want to experience the best things the game has to offer.

Dreammage

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    LFR makes a joke of this game and the lore characters in the raids.
    Little grumpy cat?

I can't believe how dense the anti-LFR crowd is; it's embarrassing. It's NOT about the difficulty, it's about being able to do it whenever you want to. I guarantee you, the scheduling and guild requirements are by far the biggest things that keep most people from raiding. It's got nothing to do with being good or bad, or anything else. It's about being able to get online when you want, and do what you want while you're online. Just like EVERY SINGLE OTHER genre in gaming. And for those of you who don't like LFR, don't do it and quit complaining that other people besides you and your fellow old school raiders can enjoy the game. Really, it's not that hard of a concept.

I have a job where i have to travel a lot and sometimes i am gone for 5-8 days at a time. That makes LFR my only option for raiding. And yes, i have tried PUGing and i'd take LFR any day over PUGs where the players egos are directly proportional to their ilvl.

So yes, i'd obviously be upset if it went away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    I can't believe how dense the anti-LFR crowd is; it's embarrassing. It's NOT about the difficulty, it's about being able to do it whenever you want to. I guarantee you, the scheduling and guild requirements are by far the biggest things that keep most people from raiding. It's got nothing to do with being good or bad, or anything else. It's about being able to get online when you want, and do what you want while you're online. Just like EVERY SINGLE OTHER genre in gaming. And for those of you who don't like LFR, don't do it and quit complaining that other people besides you and your fellow old school raiders can enjoy the game. Really, it's not that hard of a concept.
    But my problem with it is that encounters aren't designed to be challenging-yet-doable, they just fall over or contain mechanics that are frustrating rather than challenging.

I'd put a little more AI in it honestly, help give more challenge to those who want it but keep it simple for those who don't/can't. I'm in favor of accessibility, but not a slot-machine game.

You're all going to have fun with the 3rd boss in SoO on LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by Naztrak View Post
    Newsflash: if people cant do raid time then they should not raid at all. Flex raid gives more then enough fix for people that cant do regular raiding. Or do we really need to give free epics to everyone that has a job to do, since the "no time excuse" automatically means they are right?
    1. "Newsflash" is used for presenting some world known fact, not your opinion who should raid or not
    2. When people cant make raid times, they actually dont. They use LFR for when they can
    3. Flex does not give anything in the field of schedule, its just give more room to raid who struggle on numbers of raiders
    4. You are giving epics away? Where do I show up to get few from you? M8, you are not giving anything, its Blizzard and their game who does, stop giving so much importance to yourself