Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Lot of upset folk on the forums.
    Seems that a lot that got the mini from PAX, the codes had already been validated.
    anet back handing the cash, someone twigged the codes, bugged registering, who knows, but either way, no surprise

forgot mini pets were even in this game lol. don't think I've ever seen one in game before.

I love Mr. Sparkles
    Last edited by Rodpad; 2013-10-10 at 04:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodpad View Post
    Apologies if this isn't allowed, I didn't see anything in the GW2 rules sticky.

<snip>
    Selling for real life money or even in game money isn't allowed on these forums.
    Last edited by mmoc99cfbcce04; 2013-10-05 at 03:38 PM.

Signature Created by Jassinta

10+ Year Old Account
    worst thing about it? knowing a guildie that won mini mr sparkles on a contest, he shows it EVERYDAY just to remind us the pain of gold ;o;

10+ Year Old Account
    Aye when I had no kids, no mortgage and no wife, you know that period known as a life, I paid £100 for someone to powerlevel some characters, people pay silly stuff, but to me, gw2 pets are just pointless, no one ever notices them.

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRF View Post
    Yep, the one thing lacking in GW2 is the minipets. They are universally lame.
    Princess Moto says you sir are a liar!

https://d3b4yo2b5lbfy.cloudfront.net...dea05-Miya.jpg

Signature Created by Jassinta

I spent $5 on the white kitten when it was in the gem store and felt like scum....

What difference does it make if someone wants to spend that kind of money on anything? can't take it with you when you're dead anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dejec1989 View Post
    What difference does it make if someone wants to spend that kind of money on anything? can't take it with you when you're dead anyway.
    You could give it to charity and feed a kid for like 10 years :P

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    You could give it to charity and feed a kid for like 10 years :P
    I personally would steer clear of giving to large charities. The amount of bureaucracy and corruption in them means much less than you think of your donation actually goes to what you intended it to. You're better off giving to a locally-run organization, like an area church's food pantry. Something that helps people in YOUR community, where you can see directly the benefits and know most if not all of the money is actually going to help people.

That said, I think spending cash on virtual items like that is nuts, but I also think spending thousands of dollars for Orvis hunting and fishing supplies or a Martin acoustic guitar is nuts. For someone who loves it, though, it's worth the money. And as long as they feel like they got their money's worth, there's nothing wrong with it, IMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    I personally would steer clear of giving to large charities. The amount of bureaucracy and corruption in them means much less than you think of your donation actually goes to what you intended it to. You're better off giving to a locally-run organization, like an area church's food pantry. Something that helps people in YOUR community, where you can see directly the benefits and know most if not all of the money is actually going to help people.

That said, I think spending cash on virtual items like that is nuts, but I also think spending thousands of dollars for Orvis hunting and fishing supplies or a Martin acoustic guitar is nuts. For someone who loves it, though, it's worth the money. And as long as they feel like they got their money's worth, there's nothing wrong with it, IMO.
    Yeah, probably right, I tend to do my charity for the local hospices, I wouldn't fancy giving money to the church, they are tax exempt in the UK and get enough freebies as it is.

And yes I absolutely feel its fine to pay $700 for a mr sparkles, pathetic, but fine, its not my money.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    There are minipets that sell for a couple thousand in WoW so it's not all that surprising.
    Then again WoW has a pet battle system. I do have a feeling we'll eventually see something like that in GW2 though considering that one arena that's been in Lions Arch since release with some pets by it.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    A handful of codes were issued at Gamescom for an ingame mini Mr. Sparkles.
    Someone just sold one on eBay for EUR 526 or US $700

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Guild-War...-/111151369870
    are u the forum mod or do u just really really really like GW2 and all its related news cuse ur always posting new stuff