Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kidsafe View Post
    Knockback effects will almost be a detriment to AoE damage.
    Provided the knockback is only going off on one add it shouldn't be much of an issue, especially if it is nuking down one of the NPC's.

Obviously throwing it into the pack of mobs would be a bad idea, but I'm sure someone suggested just popping it on one of the ranged champions, so if they are charged, they are instantly knocked back?

Yeah the bonecrushers (in our kill anyway) charge AWAY from the group and are alone by the NPC, so no harm in using the trap if you're tanking stuff away from the NPCs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocksteadee View Post
    Yeah the bonecrushers (in our kill anyway) charge AWAY from the group and are alone by the NPC, so no harm in using the trap if you're tanking stuff away from the NPCs.
    This, and Jaina throws down a blizzard that is quite away from the ranged NPC's so all the mobs should be tanked in there anyway.

Deleted
    If you run up the side of the pipe on Siegecrafter it's possible to Disengage onto the conveyorbelt and work around the 1 minute debuff, however pets will not follow so you'll have to dismiss it and resummon it.

Yeah desecrate wasn't deterenceable, whether it was cast on me or someone else in the raid.

I think I got everything up to this point. Let me know if I missed anything.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Deleted
    Just a little tip that might be quite obvious for some but you can disenage Desacrate on Garrosk and almost completely clear it and avoid damage or take minimal. You can pretty much gurantee it with Glyph of Disengage.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    I think I got everything up to this point. Let me know if I missed anything.
    You can deterrence the pushback on Shockpulse on Iron Juggernaut. I will doubblecheck this next reset but I did it 3 times on our kill this week.

10+ Year Old Account
    On Garrosh,if you're using AMOC you can time it/delay it untill he reaches below 20% hp on the 2(3?) intermissions he has and use it then to get 1 min off of AMoC cd,this way you can use it again inside the Sha Realm on him and bumping up your AMoC uptime

Quote Originally Posted by Zackiz View Post
    You can deterrence the pushback on Shockpulse on Iron Juggernaut. I will doubblecheck this next reset but I did it 3 times on our kill this week.
    Can you please clarify? Does it prevent the damage, the knockback or both?
    Quote Originally Posted by Miloscub View Post
    On Garrosh,if you're using AMOC you can time it/delay it untill he reaches below 20% hp on the 2(3?) intermissions he has and use it then to get 1 min off of AMoC cd,this way you can use it again inside the Sha Realm on him and bumping up your AMoC uptime
    Could you elaborate a bit more please. I don't fully understand the mechanics since I'm not playing this tier. I also want to make it as concise as possible.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Deleted
    you can get a 100% crit rate on every fights were you have to bomb adds (galakras darkshamas nazrgim spoils sha) with glyphe of no escape!

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    Can you please clarify? Does it prevent the damage, the knockback or both?
    It immunes the damage and immunes the knockback (it's a massive knockback)
    I'd recommend only using deterrence to soak mines, though you can line it up with the knockback if you save it for P2.

Could you elaborate a bit more please. I don't fully understand the mechanics since I'm not playing this tier. I also want to make it as concise as possible.
    You get Garrosh to 10% and it triggers a transition, you fight him in a shadow realm then repeat from 100% HP again. This happens a few times.
    I didn't try it myself but if you could execute properly I think AMoC might pull ahead.

Deleted
    you can get a 100% crit rate on every fights were you have to bomb adds (galakras darkshamas nazrgim spoils sha) with glyphe of no escape!
    And one more huntard added to the count.

Currently 17.

Come on people, this glyph concern the single CC trap, not the AoE Slow trap.
    Last edited by mmoc743fb34bc0; 2013-09-18 at 08:09 AM.

Re: glyphed explosive trap to knockback the adds who charge and own your NPCs on Galakras

Quote Originally Posted by Devboy View Post
    How does this lose damage...?
    No one responded to this yet... you lose damage due to not casting explosive trap in the middle of the pack you are AOEing.

Blizzard should clarify this tooltip, it's such noob bait.
    Read the tooltip of the glyph carefully then look at the name of your spells.
    Freezing trap = ice cube breaks on damage.
    Ice trap = aoe slow.

Idk if other ppl had this issue but.
    I taunt big the adds on Norushen with my pet because it 1hit our melee dps (between stuns), atleast my sporebat will take 2hits and respawn forever.

Quote Originally Posted by mediic View Post
    Re: glyphed explosive trap to knockback the adds who charge and own your NPCs on Galakras

No one responded to this yet... you lose damage due to not casting explosive trap in the middle of the pack you are AOEing.

The minimal amount of damage you get for AoE from Explosive trap vs ensuring that your NPC's don't get bursted down by an add (which will wipe the encounter if it dies)

Think I'll take the knockback

It immunes the damage and immunes the knockback (it's a massive knockback)
    I'd recommend only using deterrence to soak mines, though you can line it up with the knockback if you save it for P2.
    We have the tank take 2(all 3 if possible) and another pally take 1. I never pop mines. Depends on how your guild does things.

And yes, it immune the whole thing. You wont take dmg and you wont be pushed back.

Anyone have issues with getting stacks on immers ? I even tried to completely turn around facing away from the boss as soon as I got 1-2 stacks and I still continued to gain 2-3 more stacks for w/e reason.. it's either counting pet specials as direct attacks or I have no idea..

I can confirm that Deterrence is super gosu for tanking He's add's Mark of Anguish (10s with 2 charges), but remember to throw the thing away before your second wears off lol.
    Last edited by timoseewho; 2013-09-19 at 05:19 AM.
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

Deleted

Blizzard should clarify this tooltip, it's such noob bait.
    Read the tooltip of the glyph carefully then look at the name of your spells.
    Freezing trap = ice cube breaks on damage.
    Ice trap = aoe slow.
    well blizzard got me -.-