FFXIV Dedicated Subforum

Hey, could we have a dedicated subforum for XXIV? I'm really liking this game, and I'd love to be able to discuss it with other people on my favorite internet hangout :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ay5GqJwHF8
    Last edited by Venaliter; 2013-09-07 at 06:27 PM.

From the FAQ stickied at the top of the forum:

Quote Originally Posted by FAQ View Post
    Q: Could you add a forum for [insert topic]?
    A: We're always interested to hear what forums you think the site is missing, but we would need to make sure there's currently enough active discussions on the topic to sustain its own forum.

*psst* Bring up that the FF14 thread has more posts than the entire Minecraft subforum, talk about the huge number of people who have shown interest in FF14, go find two moderators who will agree to moderate a FF14 subforum, and send Boubille a nice gift basket full of a variety of cheeses and chocolates. *whisper whisper*

10+ Year Old Account
    I will moderate it! Love the game! I agree it needs its own forum, too many different topics and things get mixed up in the one thread.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    *psst* Bring up that the FF14 thread has more posts than the entire Minecraft subforum, talk about the huge number of people who have shown interest in FF14, go find two moderators who will agree to moderate a FF14 subforum, and send Boubille a nice gift basket full of a variety of cheeses and chocolates. *whisper whisper*
    We have a Minecraft sub-forum? UGHHHHH..

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post

If it was THIS easy to be a moderator, I would have been one long ago :P Even if I had to sacrifice some of my chocolate and cheese.

In addition to Radux posted, it's not just how active posts about the game are now. FFXIV just launched, posts and discussion always goes up right after a game launches. I know having to post everything in one thread can make some discussions harder to have. However, once a forum is created getting rid of it after is much harder. Having a ton of forums where only a handful of people ever post is not optimal. Before a new forum is added we like to wait to see if the posting/interest levels will keep up. FFXIV hasn't even been out a whole month yet, and that is usually where the first big drop off happens. Basically before this really can be considered we need to see if it is going to have the retention to make it worthwhile.

Yeah defo a FFXIV sub-forum would be super great to have. It's so terrible to try to fit all this info and discussion about the game in one thread.

The only reason I refrain from posting in there is because it's a damn big mess.

I never moderated a forum, but I'd be up for that as well. I've been around this forums long I think for that!