Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because the game has lost it's identity and given into the easy way for every body. I dont enjoy doing the same raid on multiple difficulties because when i kill a boss i like to move onto the next boss and look forward to learning the new mechanics and seeing a new part of the raid. That is now over with multiple difficulties and really gets boring so fast.

HC's are far to easy and have very little challenge to them, I started playing in TBC and loved the way u had to work together to get through it and had to really concentrate to complete it. Now it's just all about doing it as quick as possible with as little effort possible, I am like a robot when i done hc's after TBC. i'm just on auto pilot not really thinking of what i'm doing because it became way to easy.

Everything is the same and gear is to easy to obtain. Every class looks the exact same because there is different versions of the same tier and the game is dumbed down so every body can get gear with minimal effort. I believe Blizzard should make 1 very difficult raid and 1 raid for the casual/bad players that look completely different have completely different bosses to not make the game so predictable and similar.

I used to love the way u worked ur way up through the tiers and went at my own pace to reach the next raid. Now every body is on the same content when slower guilds do not have to take there time any more and instantly move onto the next raid even if they have not completed yet because the new HC's provide the same gear as the current raids.

The game used to feel like it was an epic adventure that would never end because u had so much to do, now everything is the same most people lack commitment and dont care any more. Before groups would stick together to finish the dungeon/raid now people leave instantly after 1 wipe and try again with a new group because they are not bothered to put the time in.

I used to play any where from 5-10 hours a day without getting bored in WOTLK i felt the game had went backwards after 2 weeks i was wishing We still had TBC. The 1st tier of Cata was very good imo my only criticism was the normal/hc of the same instanced/raids other than that it was perfect. I quit just before Firelands came out because i knew 6 bosses would not be enough to keep me interested in the game and ofc doing them on multiple difficulties just makes it even more boring. The game tried to keep catering to the player who didn't have much time to play or was not very good and in the end it ruined the game i loved.

10+ Year Old Account
    I resumed playing for 2 months and I left 2 weeks ago.
    I can not find a class that I really like, I like them all but I can not really have fun with no one, I do not feel mine no one... perhaps because I pretty much leveled almost every class ... ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Not so much quit, but I really slowed down my playing to maybe 5 hours or less a week during my first year in college. Just wanted to make some friends, get good grades. I don't think I'll ever quit WoW. It's a fun hobby having no negative impact on my life, why quit?

I always hated MOBA games and never really played them while I played WoW.
    I left because I got tired of carrying 9 idiots through weeks of wiping, spending months gearing for raids and get stuck into an problematic raid core.
    After that my brother started playing LoL with his friends and I find it interesting after such dissapointment with my WoW experience because you just play when you want to, you don't have to do dailies for years to get the Ilvl your guild demands, you can have fun the way you want to.
    And now I'm glad to say I carry 4 idiots instead of 9.
    seems fair enough for me.

EDIT: I quit just before 5.4 and don't think I'm coming back any soon.
    When someone says that women can not join a raid there's only one question left.
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    They raid without healers?

Stopped 2.5 years ago (Cataclysm right after they announced s10) and havent looked back since. I used to play every minute of my free time and suddenly I felt like I dont want to spend a minute in. Felt like the game was going in a wrong direction and the years have proved me right.

I was tired of doing nothing with my life. Quit about 2.5 years ago. Best decision of my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelkath View Post
    I just recently quit because I'm really tired of the crap that Blizzard pulls. The main reason is the legendary cloaks. I have had to take several breaks this expansion due to real life stuff and having to cut my play time. Combine that with extremely bad RNG and I was so far behind on the cloak quest-line it would take me about 2-3 more months to get it while everyone else in my guild already had it.

Frankly, I was tired of being punished for not dedicating 100% of my time to a video game.
    Ive been playing a monk coming 6 weeks now and this week alone im on 5 runestones and still got bosses left... Ill have my cape within week maybe 2.

OT: I dont play as often as i did. I took a break for about 8 months at the end of Cata.. Well near the end but kept my sub. For me its something to do a place to talk to friends who live overseas and such. And as for people saying about the pay to win. They arent forcing you to buy their crap. and the leveling potion people are complaining about that... dont buy it. its already quick to level as is
    "Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable."
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."

General George S Patton

Quote Originally Posted by SausageRawr View Post
    It's about to be my last year of high school, this shit's about to get tough, Australian high schools final year practically predicts your life.
    I'm sorry this is totally off-topic but I lol'd there.

I'm curious as to why people that no longer play, especially those that have been gone for quite a while, are still here.

I am because I've recently played and am interested in coming back soon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    Stopped 2.5 years ago (Cataclysm right after they announced s10) and havent looked back since. I used to play every minute of my free time and suddenly I felt like I dont want to spend a minute in. Felt like the game was going in a wrong direction and the years have proved me right.
    Haven't look back since? But you still found out about this thread somehow?

Quote Originally Posted by reyina View Post
    I'm curious as to why people that no longer play, especially those that have been gone for quite a while, are still here.

I am because I've recently played and am interested in coming back soon.
    Cant speak for anyone else, but Im still watching these forums to see if there are any changes that makes me want to play again. Probably wont happen, but thats what I do anyways :P

Deleted
    Around beginning of s10 Cataclysm, for obvious reasons.

SoO actually. Just cancelled. Can't be bothered to wait on 9-24 other subpar players to do heroics anymore. Isn't fun playing with what seems like a never ending legion of terrible players.

I swear they're unionized
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Deleted
    It depends on the mood if I want to play or not. I just renewed my subscription because I wanted to explore and seek some lore. When it gets borring I just quit again.

Deleted
    Quited a few months ago. I used to raid alot back in woltk, but when the summer hitted my guild fell apart and when cata launched nobody really gave a shit about raiding. So i went to PVP again ( did it in vanilla/tbc ) So i got some friends to play again and we went to PVP. This was all very fun and while most hate cata with a guts ( gameplay wise and story yes ) i had one of the most fun i ever had in that expansion. Why? Because my IRL best friend played with me. Damn haha i remember in 4.2 we we're camping for deth'ilac. The purple spider in molten front. Took us 15 hours of waiting...fun times. But well end of cata he explored the PVE side and i was left..."out" of PVE caus i don't like it anymore. I can't bring myself anymore to get into the "8 to 11 " job thingy for raiding a few bosses.

Well MoP hitted and i was excited for again and i played ALOT in the beginning. I had lots of fun and lots of friends of me joined up again ( irl and ingame ) this only lasted till 5.2..when hunters we're insane OP and everyone and their mother started playing one..(my main since vanilla) I don't mind people playing my class, it's just when i tend to kil a guy in a duel or a BG it was always " just a hunter, ah just a hunter " and i mean...i could do that when we were shitles underpowered but what ever. My shaman alt has bin...dead since wotlk. Atleast PVP wise. They got 0 surviveability and are basicly glass cannons now. Wich is fucking boring, what do the devs do? Nothing. Rogue is once again OP at the end of the expansion and the last time i tried arena was a few week ago and i see a pala go from 40k HP to 210k HP within 3sec of time. Not 1 single cast. I mean...come on..How am i going to win that? That didn't even happen once, it happend 5x( 3 different arena matches )

But what ever, PVE bores me to death caus the story about a few pandas bashing down garrosh is utterly boring. Seriously who did not forsee this back in cata or beginning of MoP ? No1 was smart enough to kill the motherfucker when everything was calm and ...not destroyed? And PVP is unbalanced as fuck. Boomies shooting 120k stars at your face, rogues killing you in a stun and warrior going from OP to UP, DKS walking around with 120k+ more HP then you have in PVP ( both best gear availble )

Plus it annoys me that everyone and their freaking mother has that legendary cloak. I used to be one of the "don't QQ about it you special snowflake blabla" But damn those folks were right. Just go to the timeles isle and see for yourself. It is insane how many got that cloak, and not even good players. Some don't even got normal cleared not one normal instance..

Plus the game gets boring after 6-8 years of playing.

Deleted
    Quit after i killed Lich King HC. I did'nt like what LFG had done with the game, the social part of the server was dead. Insted of people looking for groups on their server, people just queued up. Your server was used only to troll /trade and use AH.

Played since in boh cata and MoP, but only about 2 months in each expansions. I just don't find it as fun w/o the social part. I first me two of my best friends in a BRD run back in vanilla, and another one in a Shadow Labs HC. Was just forced to talk to eachother back then, when LFG came you just said "Hi", "Let's go" and "Thanks, bye"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dilbon View Post
    One does not simply quit WoW. I've done it twice, but here I am still.
    I disagree. I used to play 20-40 hours a week Vanilla- early Cata. Logged in every day, raided, did PvP, had most of the achievements done, then just quit. I guess I could have done it earlier but when I realized it's not the game I started playing any more and I was just doing it out of habit, hoping for things to change and then trying to find something to do and killing time, only chatting with my guild and running circles. Then one day I just didn't feel like logging in any more. At first I thought I should at least do the dailies or use my alchemy CDs or they would go to waste but I found more fun things to do.

Haven't looked back since or felt the urge to play this game since. It's been over one and a half year now.. maybe 2 soon. I guess I do feel nostalgic sometimes but I don't really want to play WoW. I might if they went back to more sandbox gameplay but even then, the game is just so dated now. I think the next big thing (maybe some sort of Oculus Rift MMO? or even WoW2) will come sooner than that.

Deleted
    Quit as soon as Cata bosses were finished

Came back to MoP for 3 weeks to get my main to 90.

Back again from yesterday to level all my alts to 90 (have 11) just in case I want to come back for the next expansion

Raiding from Vanilla to Wotlk.
    Some big pauses here and then during that time (1-2 months) and then coming back full time.
    After cata I stopped guild raiding and started again with LFR.
    I just log in when I find the game appealing or missing it, usually doing dailies, leveling, some bgs or just messing around.

I liked my old style then, I like my style now.
    Whenever I go for a pause I cancel my subscription (I pay per month).
    Whenever I go for a puase it's because I'm trying a new game, I got bored of it, or other rl activities that either require time or are taking me away from my pc.

I think I quit 8 months ago, and I do not intend to return.

I quit because of dailies, scenarios, lack of dungeons, and LFR letting me see the content. I quit because there was no need to progress on my character, no need to gem fully, enchant fully, etc. My account became "welfare" characters and I already beat the final boss. Nor did I want to invest the hours into normal raiding and heroics. The jump from LFR to real raiding was huge, and in a game this old, was it worth the time to kill the boss I JUST killed on LFR? Heck no. Also, with all my alts, I lost that feeling of having a main, it felt like I owned 3 or 4 mediocre characters, none of which I could really call a main.

Waiting on EQNL, the graphics on EQN make WoW look blurry. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dh_0neHhR0k
    Last edited by Trakanonn; 2013-10-16 at 09:01 AM.
    Free-To-Play is the future.