Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    the females in our guild are Women
    I would be worried if they weren't. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure what this has to do with anything, is there a reason, why their looks or attractiveness would come into it? Same with their gender. These kind of comments just go to further that whole them and us divide that seems to be prevailent on these forums when it comes to female and male. But I often notice that when its faced towards women, the men tend to focus on looks when commenting.

I don't see women doing that when it comes to men. Its like people like to put women into little boxes, your either good looking, bad looking, a slut, a lootwhore, a bad player or a drama queen, if your a female gamer.

It's quite annoying being that I am a female, that happens to be a gamer, and typically feel like I'm supposed to be forced into one of those little boxes by men.
    I think his point was that they were attractive enough to bait desperate males, not so much a statement on how good these women were based on their looks.

Deleted
    I'm not sure what this has to do with anything, is there a reason, why their looks or attractiveness would come into it? Same with their gender. These kind of comments just go to further that whole them and us divide that seems to be prevailent on these forums when it comes to female and male. But I often notice that when its faced towards women, the men tend to focus on looks when commenting.

I don't see women doing that when it comes to men. Its like people like to put women into little boxes, your either good looking, bad looking, a slut, a lootwhore, a bad player or a drama queen, if your a female gamer.

It's quite annoying being that I am a female, that happens to be a gamer, and typically feel like I'm supposed to be forced into one of those little boxes by men.
    I get what you mean. Also, as a female, it seems like you have to do anything much better than our male counterparts to get any recognistion.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyonis View Post
    I've read it over a few times already now. I see no wrong in it. I pointed out one thing females can do unarguably better than males.
    While I don't think skill in general has anything to do with gender, your comment doesn't really apply. Men can't even attempt giving birth. :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    I dont need to look you made that very clear yourself.

You start this thread with the title "guild drama" and decides to start with "our guild had a girl in it".

Nice job on setting a bad tone towards female players to start off in the OP.

Immature people start guild drama, no matter age/sex.
    He started his sentence saying "We had a girl" in the same way that I would start my sentence with a "We had a guy", it has nothing to do with gender, it's just how you ADDRESS people. Get over yourself, not everything is about gender.

Anyway, I have a GREAT ONE, but I cannot say it cause my guild's gonna kill me.

I would actually think that any of these "Look a girl!" drama reflects more on the MEN than the girl in question, after all it's a well known fact that women can manipulate men with flirting and sultry behavior, but who is more at fault? A girl with a cute voice asking for first choice of loot, or the guy who is all like "OMG she likes me" and gives it to her?

10+ Year Old Account
    Could they close this fucking thread already.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    Could they close this fucking thread already.
    Fucking thread indeed, if you read some of the posts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arainie View Post
    While I don't think skill in general has anything to do with gender, your comment doesn't really apply. Men can't even attempt giving birth. :P
    The person I first quoted said men can do anything better than women. I pointed out something men can't do better than women. While you have a point aswell, I don't think it justifies such a rude reply from Sarac.

Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    I'll just ignore the first part of your comment because it's a pretty obvious bait, besides being stupid, offensive and incorrect.

@ men being better than women in WoW: absolute nonsense. Half my raid team is made up of women and they are often as good, some better than their male colleagues of similar roles. Heck even the world's best guilds have a fair amount of women in their teams, and the ratio overall is pretty consistently 70:30 male:female i'd say. So no, simply not true.
    As I said I was not trying to be offensive but just stating what I have seen. At the top of everything I rarely see women. You completely missed my point.

Quote Originally Posted by Seja Victrix View Post
    I would be worried if they weren't. :P
    Haha, well I meant as apposed to *girls* which is usually used in a way to say immature or whatever

Deleted
    I get what you mean. Also, as a female, it seems like you have to do anything much better than our male counterparts to get any recognistion.
    The people who judge others/rate others on gender are simply not worth your time then. If a person slacks off/is being a general dumbass, i'm more then willing to take them to task, disregarding of watever their trousers contain.
    I can agree with one thing, it's ( in my experience ) easier to reason with women, since they are not filled with pride all the time when they are involved in an arguement, ofcoruse it also happens with females, but not nearly as often as with men, percentage wise.

Anyone with gender based prejudice is not worthy of my recognition, often had to replace people midraid because they were sexist/racist/biased, no matter how good they were.

Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    I think his point was that they were attractive enough to bait desperate males, not so much a statement on how good these women were based on their looks.
    It was for comparison. One female could play well when she wanted to but chose to use her looks to manipulate in stark contrast to the other two who COULD use the flirting but instead are just good players, so they earn what they get versus "tee hee I'm a girl and I'm cute" manipulation of men.

15+ Year Old Account
    Why would you want recognition anyway? You do something amazing, you get recognized. We have two amazing female players in my guild, everyone recognizes they are GOOD players but we don't have to go as far as to SAY it every minute so that they don't feel like we're discriminating against them.

If your guild treats you like a woman and not like a player then get one that doesn't, it is SIMPLE like that. And I have seen women that WANT to be treated more like women than players, and don't say that women like that don't exist. There are shitty people in both genders, not just males.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    As I said I was not trying to be offensive but just stating what I have seen. At the top of everything I rarely see women. You completely missed my point.
    What point? Your point is you haven't seen women be "best at everything"? What does that even mean? I just clearly told you that your perception is simply wrong, just in WoW alone I know several women that could wipe the floor with you in terms of skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    Knew a gal who was dating a guildie, thought he cheated on her, so she slept with another guildie. I dunno who I disliked more in that situation, her for cheating on her boyfriend (who was a pretty cool dude) or the asshat guildie who was involved in the process (and he really was an asshat).

Also, sorry to say, but in many online cases drama is started by women. And in many of those cases, it also involves men. I did not say all, so no, it's not "generalizing". It is quite common, however, and shouldn't be viewed as a "negative" on female players. For each one story you hear of a female involved in online drama, you'll hear of at least 99 other women who play the game and act like people and not...well, e-whores.
    Is it, cause all guild drama I've seen was because of guys thinking their (e)penis was bigger.

I've never seen guild drama caused by females. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    I would actually think that any of these "Look a girl!" drama reflects more on the MEN than the girl in question, after all it's a well known fact that women can manipulate men with flirting and sultry behavior, but who is more at fault? A girl with a cute voice asking for first choice of loot, or the guy who is all like "OMG she likes me" and gives it to her?
    With great power comes great responsibility.

Deleted
    Girls are awesome.

Would much rather be in a guild that was a clam bake than a sausage fest.

Well, we recruited 1 sp some back in cata, female 24y old. By her defaults, we all were kids and virgins, so she can manipulate us for some extra purples. Except we were all 25-40y, half in relationships, half married. And except our raid leader - he was 15y old boy from neighbourhood. Before raids, she used to whispers between members with "sweet, sweet, secret talks". Every member got special place in her heart and no one must tell others that she loves him (us) more than others. Then, hell begin for her... I'd rather skip that part... When she realised that we fucked with her all the time, instead of shame, she turned to our raid leader. One day, I was on my job, boy sent me sms that she is pissed off and we need to make some rules about loot. So we made it... Now, instead free for all, RL decides where loot goes (of course, to her, cause now he has special place in her heart and he is the one she loves). And 1st raid, RL got problem with his mouse and every item she wanted, went to our balance druid or mage... And that lasted 3 more weeks... When she finally left guild, cursed us, called us sexual maniacs, deleted from real id, changed server, faction and name in search for better place and players who will love her more than we did... In the name of purples.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seja Victrix View Post
    Girls are awesome.

Would much rather be in a guild that was a clam bake than a sausage fest.
    I'd rather be in a guild where people don't have either their heads or their elbows up their own arses. But hey, that's just me. My guild disbanded 2 months after i left. I see it as a twisted form of compliment, seeing that they didn't last long without me.