Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    What I hope the most is that when the new modesl are in game, they also can improve the way armor looks on them!

Can't write a post on models without doing sub-races.

If you're doing models for each race, might as well take a little extra effort and add 1 or 2 extra customisations to use as sub races.
    Summary:
    Each race really consists of several groups or rather factions. E.g. Dwarf racial groups are: Bronzebeard Dwarves, Dark Iron Dwarves and Wildhammer dwarves.

Sub-races differ from in-house factions like the Explorer leagues by having physical characteristics that are different from the main group. Some humans are white, some black, some asians - these would be racial factions o f humans if you had a white nation, a black nation and an oriental like nation in wow, you don't, all types of humans are mixed up by the time we get to WC3, however wow is not like real life, and we have a host of other actual races. (i mean you guys do realize white/black/asian are ethnic groups and not actually races even though people still use the term "racist" it should be "ethnist". back on topic.

• Dwarves: Bronzebeards: got to have one of the coolest facial expressions a no-nonsense hardcore one , but also add beer drunk drinking emotes/expressions too
    • Dark Iron Dwarves - same as bronzebeards except grey-black skin tones, dark hair colours only glowing red eye-irises range.
    • Wildhammers - slightly taller slimmer height, fairer skin tones, lighter hair colour options tribal features & runic tattoos

• All orcs: powerful shoulders might give a slight hunchc cos of short neck, but standing upright
    • Mag'har Orcs: brown skin tones, tribal features
    • Dragonmaw orcs: grey to black skin tones, tattoos

• Blood Elves: burgundy hued tatoos, fainter green glow strengthens during casting. Ear thingy I described above
    • San'layan: paler skin tones only, blood elf faces out of combat, in combat face distorts adding fangs, red glowing eyes, gains sharp claws. /layan to have the look out of combat.
    • Wretched: darker hair colours, slimmer male models (use the first blood elf models before they were beefed up) - mesmerizing large eyes - blue/purple/pink/black/brown - non green

• Gnomes: Expressive faces, cute expressions, different animations between male and female gnomes
    • Leper Gnomes: New gnome model, but with green skin tones
    • Mecha gnome: NEw gnome model instead of the mechagnome model, but with a mechagnome colouring and robot sounds used for when they walk/move etc. robot modulated voice too

• Tauren: Wise, motherly/fatherly expressions, juggernaut like feel, charging bull combat expression
    • Taunka: Finally a female taunka look, Taunka are only different from Tauren in face, everything else can be identical. maybe whiter and furrier skin options.
    • Grim-totem: Distinctively darker skin fur options, distinct tribal marks, like huge striped scratch-like from shoulder to butt - show on druid forms too.

• Night Elf Serene, wise all knowing look, but a fierce countenance in gait and combat - should look gorgeous yet deadly. Males should have gorgeous looking faces, but deadly expressions and deadly movement animations - no more gay looking movements
    • Highbourne: males will have silver eyes, ears upright like Blood elves, use the blood elf animations instead of the night elf ones
    • High Elf: identical to blood elf but without tattoos, and no glowy eyes

• Trolls: Don't mind the stoop, but should have an upright mode animation /upright like /moo for tauren or /ears for elves - troll stands and moves upright. in combat, Berserker rage has him fight fully erect. Prettier looking face, more Elf like except for Tusks
    • Forest Trolls: bulkier troll model, green skin tones only
    • Ice troll: dark blue/black skin tones as they're drakkari, eyes mainly yellow

• Human: pretty models, humans should look good especially by other video game standards, you need hardcore male and pretty male options too. Girls less giggly in the emotes pls, and upright not slouchy. You can be cartoony and look attractive.
    • Half elves: Use the human model with high elf ears and eyebrows, but human animaitons
    • Vrykul: Revamp this model to be accessible, it can kep the savage look animations, people really liked that with WotLK

• Forsaken: Undead forsaken: complete rebuild of the model - closer to human, but skeletal thin, options to vary the degree of bones you show
    • Living human forsaken: same as new human model but with a face rot feature as extra, paler skin tones if possible
    • Forsaken Elves: Blood elf model, but white skin only, red eyes, and distinctive tattoos.

• Draenei: better tentacle animations on the various face types, make them look more alive. do a /tentacle similar to /moo for tauren and /ears for elves I proposed earlier
    • Broken: uses a customised orc model with Broken skins/faces - but orc animations
    • Eredar: identical to the draenei modle, but with red/purple skin tones and eyes that can go violet/dark glow when casting

• Goblin: No change, same number of new emotes every race gets though
    • Coal Goblin: exactly like you see on the Lost isles
    • Gilgoblin: exactly like you see in Vash'jir excetpt you can wear cool gear with them

• Worgen: Unchanged: Worgen only get one sub-race group anyway, cause they have two forms, the human form will also take on the new human model.
    • Bloodfang Worgen: These worgen have a red skin tones to them and perhaps a sharper bloodier look.
    Last edited by ravenmoon; 2013-10-24 at 09:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post

If you're doing models for each race, might as well take a little extra effort and add 1 or 2 extra customisations to use as sub races.
    Summary:
    Each race really consists of several groups or rather factions. E.g. Dwarf racial groups are: Bronzebeard Dwarves, Dark Iron Dwarves and Wildhammer dwarves.

Sub-races differ from in-house factions like the Explorer leagues by having physical characteristics that are different from the main group. Some humans are white, some black, some asians - these would be racial factions o f humans if you had a white nation, a black nation and an oriental like nation in wow, you don't, all types of humans are mixed up by the time we get to WC3, however wow is not like real life, and we have a host of other actual races. (i mean you guys do realize white/black/asian are ethnic groups and not actually races even though people still use the term "racist" it should be "ethnist". back on topic.

• Dark Iron Dwarves - grey-black skin tones, glowing red eye-irises range.
    • Wildhammers - slightly taller slimmer height, fairer skin tones, tribal features & runic tattoos

• All orcs: powerful shoulders might give a slight hunchc cos of short neck, but standing upright
    • Mag'har Orcs: brown skin tones, tribal features
    • Dragonmaw orcs: grey to black skin tones, tattoos

• Blood Elves: burgundy hued tatoos, fainter green glow strengthens during casting. Ear thingy I described above
    • San'layan: paler skin tones only, blood elf faces out of combat, in combat face distorts adding fangs, red glowing eyes, gains sharp claws. /layan to have the look out of combat.
    • Wretched: darker hair colours, slimmer male models (use the first blood elf models before they were beefed up) - mesmerizing large eyes - blue/purple/pink/black/brown - non green

• Gnomes: Expressive faces, cute expressions, different animations between male and female gnomes
    • Leper Gnomes: New gnome model, but with green skin tones
    • Mecha gnome: NEw gnome model instead of the mechagnome model, but with a mechagnome colouring and robot sounds used for when they walk/move etc. robot modulated voice too

• Tauren: Wise, motherly/fatherly expressions, juggernaut like feel, charging bull combat expression
    • Taunka: Finally a female taunka look, Taunka are only different from Tauren in face, everything else can be identical. maybe whiter and furrier skin options.
    • Grim-totem: Distinctively darker skin fur options, distinct tribal marks, like huge striped scratch-like from shoulder to butt - show on druid forms too.

• Night Elf Serene, wise all knowing look, but a fierce countenance in gait and combat - should look gorgeous yet deadly. Males should have gorgeous looking faces, but deadly expressions and deadly movement animations - no more gay looking movements
    • Highbourne: males will have silver eyes, ears upright like Blood elves, use the blood elf animations instead of the night elf ones
    • High Elf: identical to blood elf but without tattoos, and no glowy eyes

• Trolls: Don't mind the stoop, but should have an upright mode animation /upright like /moo for tauren or /ears for elves - troll stands and moves upright. in combat, Berserker rage has him fight fully erect. Prettier looking face, more Elf like except for Tusks
    • Forest Trolls: bulkier troll model, green skin tones only
    • Ice troll: dark blue/black skin tones as they're drakkari, eyes mainly yellow

• Human: pretty models, humans should look good especially by other video game standards, you need hardcore male and pretty male options too. Girls less giggly in the emotes pls, and upright not slouchy. You can be cartoony and look attractive.
    • Half elves: Use the human model with high elf ears and eyebrows, but human animaitons
    • Vrykul: Revamp this model to be accessible, it can kep the savage look animations, people really liked that with WotLK

• Forsaken: Undead forsaken: complete rebuild of the model - closer to human, but skeletal thin, options to vary the degree of bones you show
    • Living human forsaken: same as new human model but with a face rot feature as extra, paler skin tones if possible
    • Forsaken Elves: Blood elf model, but white skin only, red eyes, and distinctive tattoos.

• Draenei: better tentacle animations on the various face types, make them look more alive. do a /tentacle similar to /moo for tauren and /ears for elves I proposed earlier
    • Broken: uses a customised orc model with Broken skins/faces - but orc animations
    • Eredar: identical to the draenei modle, but with red/purple skin tones and eyes that can go violet/dark glow when casting

• Goblin: No change, same number of new emotes every race gets though
    • Coal Goblin: exactly like you see on the Lost isles
    • Gilgoblin: exactly like you see in Vash'jir excetpt you can wear cool gear with them

• Worgen: Unchanged: Worgen only get one sub-race group anyway, cause they have two forms, the human form will also take on the new human model.
    • Bloodfang Worgen: These worgen have a red skin tones to them and perhaps a sharper bloodier look.
    San'layan are, to my knowledge, scourge-exclusive forces and are almost entirely wiped out. (If not wiped out)

You may as well include Fakkari Trolls if you're going to throw the other two hostile Troll tribes in with playable Horde.

Vrykul are 100% out of the Alliance, they're way too barbaric and arrogant to even consider it. Remember that it's still a very lucky thing that the Alliance has allowed any of the races starting with N.E., Draenei, Worgen and Pandaren.

Eredar are the Draenei that stayed behind with Kil'jaeden, and so are essentially slaves of the burning legion. No way that'll ever happen as a playable sub-race.

Gilgoblins are essentially murlocs that look like goblins. In that, I doubt they have the mental capacity to consider the pros of being a member of the Horde before attacking one of them.

there's probably more to bitch about but that's all I can think of off the top of my head.
    Last edited by alexday14; 2013-10-24 at 10:06 AM.

slime

Far better textures and general quality.
    Improved emotion like the Pandaren.
    More choices in face, colours, hair, everything, I'm pretty sure every race has at least three face options that NO ONE has ever chosen because they look ridiculously bad and ugly.
    Do something so boots and leg armor actually look like armour...some literally look like tights, plate tights wut?
    I don't play horde, but give female belfs some weight, the arms are ridiculous.

Pretty much just to the level of all the updated NPC's.

WoW has the worst character creation of any MMO i've ever played, the options are nearly none existent, they could massively expand on that easily.

What I'd really love, is sub race options, different dwarfs, dark iron etc, green and brown orcs, and so on, that would be amazing and really add some diversity, they could do an epic questline where you unlock the option to join your sub race, put it through solo scenarios explaining the lore and history behind the sub race you are "championing". - This could be extended to classes too, giving different appearances based on what sort of warrior you are, or what sort of hunter you are and so on.

I would love to see Tauren model brought up to Panda levels of animation and art. Males should be utter BEHEMOUTHs mountains of muscle. Females a tiny bit shorter and slender but still toned a bit like how the orc females are in contrast to the males. I also want options of tribal feathers and shizzle for Tauren give us that Native American feel.

Quote Originally Posted by alexday14 View Post
    San'layan are, to my knowledge, scourge-exclusive forces and are almost entirely wiped out. (If not wiped out)

You may as well include Fakkari Trolls if you're going to throw the other two hostile Troll tribes in with playable Horde.

Vrykul are 100% out of the Alliance, they're way too barbaric and arrogant to even consider it. Remember that it's still a very lucky thing that the Alliance has allowed any of the races starting with N.E., Draenei, Worgen and Pandaren.

Eredar are the Draenei that stayed behind with Kil'jaeden, and so are essentially slaves of the burning legion. No way that'll ever happen as a playable sub-race.

Gilgoblins are essentially murlocs that look like goblins. In that, I doubt they have the mental capacity to consider the pros of being a member of the Horde before attacking one of them.

there's probably more to bitch about but that's all I can think of off the top of my head.
    no need for Fakkari Trolls, Trolls have many more options than blood elves for sub-races, and of all the other options for blood elves, San'layan and a modified wretched seemed the most exciting bar creating a new sub-race. Ofc, blizz would have to create more about lore about the San'layan. Since ARthas' death, a lot of DKs, Darkfallen and San'layan would now be free of his control. Don't forget, this group are not your typical mindless zombie, Arthas allowed them to keep their souls but had control over them through being bonded to them. Easy to form a plausible San'layan blood elf group from that but the real reason is becuase blood elve don't have that many choices.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I approve of this well thought out post. Good pairings of sub-races too.

Bling for the goblins
    less cutsey looks on most races, give us fierce looks

goblins look so cute and pretty when i want them to be agressive bloodthirsty greedy bastards
    I like my coffe like my mages.

Quote Originally Posted by alexday14 View Post

I'm not sure it's lucky the alliance has allowed .. is the way to view the situation. The alliance were very lucky the night elves were willing to join and not become the dominating Kalimdor faction, which face it, they were quite in the position and probably every right to be on the back of WC3. We all know the reason they're playable as alliance is because blizzard designed a 2-faction system for wow, if they had gone with the Wc3 setting or that of most MMOs where it's main races and their agendas with usually allied races, then the Draenei and worgen would likely have joined the night elves instead of the alliance. Well back to the current lore, it would seem the alliance were also quite lucky to have the Draenei, the Draenei were lucky to be accepted by the night elves, it is the night elves that engineered the Draenei and Worgen acceptance into the alliance. The worgen were lucky to be allowed to join the allinace, that I agree with.

you're right about Vrykul.. they don't always make the sub-race list under human, high elf is a popular alternative, whiles in some lists, Children of Cenarius are given for night elves instead of high elves which are put under human. Still the problem with CoCs is they are a new model enitrely, that's full new race like Naga or Satyr or Ogre even though they are a sub-faction of night elves. Same with the Furbolgs.

So for san'layan, eredar you'd have to progress the lore a bit on those 2 groups to make them useable since htey don't fit the mould, it's not in-conceivable blizz would do this, in fact it is likely, not only that it is likely they'd spawn a larger number of brand new sub-groups we've never seen before, it's kinda like them. they do that every expansion anyway. To use Eredar, you'd have to write a cover story of some sort.. check out what I wrote here
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...xpansion/page4

Ravenmoon is using my list, well it's not really mine, you'd find dozens of these lists all over the place, and I predict while most sub-groups we've already met or we're so familiar, hence why they'd be so easy, blizzard would bring to the forefront some of the more mysterious ones like San'layan, wretched, ERedar. The Eredar could easily be a group of defectors, or Velen finds a way to strip away SArgeras' corruption, those that have a willingness to serve the light join them. or they could instead be draenei that were corrupte din an attack by the Legion, but thanks to the NAaru, they didn't lose their souls, and are now Eredar.. all sorts of options.. Velen iahs been preparing for the leigon conflict it could be part of a move he makes, they could come from so many directions to make this possible.

Elves:

More complex EAR animation. Just like you can /moo for Tauren, you can slash ear for elves.
    • /earalert - night elf ears alert upright like highbourne are
    • /earrelax - blood/high elf ears relax sideways like night elf ears

• when casting - night elf ears perk up like blood/high elf ears
    • when drinking/eating/idle - blood elf ears relax down like night elf ears.

it's an intersting distinction that 90s animation algorithms couldn't make, but we can now do. Elven ears perk up when they're concentrating, trying to listen to something, intesnely focusing, - a state bllood/high elves are almost constantly in hence that, they go horizontal when relaxed, serene, composed and stressfree a state night elves are almost constantly in.
    I want this for Worgen, too.

15+ Year Old Account
    More polygons and better quality hair. Gonna suck when they've updated my character but neglect her armour
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Quote Originally Posted by Telomerase View Post
    I approve of this well thought out post. Good pairings of sub-races too.
    why thank you, this recent sub race pairing is more Mace's than mine, copied over from a number of other recent threads, although i first started advocating for sub-races as far back as TBC/Wotlk. there has always been some contention of what racial groups would fit where.

bbut it depends on how you define them. Define as sub-race? or sub-faction? racial faction? minor race? advanced race? check out this topic that we had a deeper discussion on the various groups
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-new-expansion
    Last edited by ravenmoon; 2013-10-24 at 11:48 AM.

Sound, I hope they give distinctive sounds and movement for draenei.. these guys are on hooves, and it's more the dainty steps of deer /goats rather than the thunder of bulls.

so Tauren and Draenei hooves should have some sound upgrading done for htem

For Worgen I'd like to have some leniency back to the Beta models.
    The current Worgen males, while very good, I would like some options of the beta versions remaining.
    As for the Worgen Female, a fiercer, wolf-like skull structure. I STILL can't get used to how the Worgen females look at the moment.

Special thanks to Katana Angel for the lovely signature, check out the other things, at "Request a Signature" thread.

Ive no idea, i just hope UD Male doesnt look retarded :P

Quote Originally Posted by susaku View Post
    For Worgen I'd like to have some leniency back to the Beta models.
    The current Worgen males, while very good, I would like some options of the beta versions remaining.
    As for the Worgen Female, a fiercer, wolf-like skull structure. I STILL can't get used to how the Worgen females look at the moment.
    Worgen females look like domesticated puppies, rather than the ferocious beasts they're supposed to look like. There's also been whole threads about how their models just plain suck from a technical standpoint, as well as an artistic one. Their eyes are too large and 'cute' (not to mention their eyelashes), there's clipping all over the place, they walk like they're on a catwalk (no pun intended), their jaw gets all loose at times, etc...

Its been said before, but im also gonna say it. Orcs to look like Nazgrim in the MOP intro clip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXBakhHyj-0

I would also like if they did something to the Tauren, esp the head: they are big and wide, but the char is is pretty flat with the head sticking out, like the 5th element aliens (or what they were)

http://www.nerdtitan.com/wp-content/...mondosDVD4.jpg
    Last edited by chumbawumba; 2013-10-24 at 12:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roosky View Post
    My wishlist for new models:

Orcs to look like current thrall/garrosh models
    I'm hoping all models will look as detailed and nice as those. Huge step up from Thrall who is standing in Mount Hyjal. I said on TS the other day to friends that Thrall looks sexy in SoO unlike in MH where he looks like a bum .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    I like the orc hunch.
    Why do people want to play a green human so bad?
    Because Orcs should stand tall and proud like they are described in the novels and Warcraft.

Also they are should be bigger than humans.

Deleted
    Moustache for horde members.