The "tolkien society" holding it's next seminar

Take a look at their program for next month.
    I'd like to add that Christopher Tolkien died last year (RIP) for those unaware.

https://www.tolkiensociety.org/event...ummer-seminar/

10+ Year Old Account
    I will admit Sara Brown's take on 'The Invisible Other: Tolkien’s Dwarf-Women and the ‘Feminine Lack’' I would like to hear... :P

Otherwise I wouldn't really threat dude, Tolkien's works are not going to to change, just the adaptations, and even if that I don;t see this blog really having too much effect on actual production of future Tolkien stuff, and you can choose not to watch/play/read them if you like. the original books will always be there.
    Last edited by Orby; 2021-06-16 at 04:46 PM.

One paper even uses the word "problematic". Good Lord.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    ...on actual production of future Tolkien stuff...
    Future what???
    With the death of C. Tolkien it's pretty much the end of the franchise... Even C. Tolkien used his father's original writings, and he just finished them, Like the story of the son's of Hurin, that actually comes in the unfinished Tales of Numenor and Middle Earth, and then C. Tolkien finished.

I'm sorry, but purists won't accept anything else in the frachise, and i am one.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuor View Post
    Future what???
    With the death of C. Tolkien it's pretty much the end of the franchise... Even C. Tolkien used his father's original writings, and he just finished them, Like the story of the son's of Hurin, that actually comes in the unfinished Tales of Numenor and Middle Earth, and then C. Tolkien finished.

I'm sorry, but purists won't accept anything else in the frachise, and i am one.
    I think they mean adopting stuff to the screen, not writing new.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuor View Post
    Future what???

Talking about adaptations.

Call for Papers are so gross/boring these days. Stick "Queer", "Other", "Transgender", and any other marginalized word in your title, and it'll pass. There's no actual discussion here. Just "why is this not X" and "here are some symbols".

I say this as someone who used to write papers, although not about Tolkien. It's all just baiting trash these days, but they all love patting themselves on the back for it. Is it really "woke" when you can do it with your eyes closed? Woke stopped being woke a decade ago.

15+ Year Old Account
    I will continue to ignore far left propaganda

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hortrorog View Post
    I think they mean adopting stuff to the screen, not writing new.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Talking about adaptations.
    That i can accept, i even had this crazy idea of seeing the adaptation of the 4 big stories of first age. The story of Beren and Luthien, The story of the sons of Hurin, the story of Tuor and the fall of Gondolin and last but not least the story of Eärendil.

This thread is going nowhere fast, and I assume was made just to provoke trolling, off-topic discussions. Closing.