Page 27 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iadamson View Post
    I was strongly against High Elves, but now i'm on board, do I get any special treatment for joining to band wagon?

Alleria sounds awesome and would be an awesome leader.

Her and Jaina would get along nicely, it would be interesting to see Dalaran or somewhere else become a major city. Under the condition, that High Elves can't be Warlocks.
    Yes, yes you do.

I now get to ask you the tough questions like "How would you handle the fact that in lore BElf and HElf look exactly the same minus the eye color?"
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Telomerase View Post
    They should just add the Legion as a third faction.

Could you imagine playing all those badass races?
    Indeed!

Manari Eredar, satyrs, succubi/incubi race(sayaad), gan'arg all rolled into one faction

They should just add the Legion as a third faction.

Could you imagine playing all those badass races?
    we are lucky this will NEVER happen....

anyway i hope they add subraces and not new one

ogres would just look stupid

imagine ogre fighting gnome in pvp LOL

10+ Year Old Account
    high elves for alliance
    ogres for horde

if pandas can be both H and A, then elves can be both H and A

also, updated models for human males are required for this expansion if they have any hope of me subscribing. I like being human in the game, but I hate looking at him now.

What would they do to make high elves look different then belfs? I'd be kinda bummed if they added High Elves and they looked the same as Blood.

Ogres from Stonemaul for Horde
    Naga who worship Neptulon or converted to Elune for Alliance

10+ Year Old Account
    Ogres for some old school feels.

Arakkoa for Alliance with alot of Metroid related puns and jokes cause Arakkoa = very close to Chozo idea wise, probably not aesthetics though.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

I don't see how they can not, add Ogre's at this point. They are a Staple to the WoW name. As for alliance, personally I would like to see something completly out of the box that blindsides everyone. If it is truely High Elves, which makes me sick to my stomach thinking about it, then I suggest next xpac they introduce different variations of Pandarean. Cause we "need" more of those cute cuddly teddy bears......

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theiea View Post
    What would they do to make high elves look different then belfs? I'd be kinda bummed if they added High Elves and they looked the same as Blood.
    im sure they can figure out something. how do people handle having H and A pandas? I have not played MoP very much and would like to know.

Since I hear the models are receiving updates, the "green magic" that makes the blood elf different could always progress them into looking more demonic. that would be neat, but it would likely anger current players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Ethereal: No thanks, I want my armor to show.
    Arakkoa: Why do people want this? Seriously awful race.
    Ogre: Yes.
    High Elf: Yes.
    Broken: Sure why not.
    Defected Legion race: Yes please!
    Naga: Okay. But I suspect they wont get boots or leggings that show.
    Half-ogre: Yes.
    Wretched: Yes.

At any rate the Horde race needs to be Sporelings.
    I agree with you, although the Alliance should get Sporelings, after all they are gnomish sized.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutVodka View Post
    God no please not High Elves. What a lazy route to take.
    The most requested race in Warcraft, right next to Ogres in popularity.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Yes, yes you do.

I now get to ask you the tough questions like "How would you handle the fact that in lore BElf and HElf look exactly the same minus the eye color?"
    The most interesting way would be to keep the model mostly the same, but make the animations extremely different so they appeared to have a different personality. Really sharp, fast motions for the bloodelves and more fluid deliberate motions for the highelves.

It would be interesting to see if they could get it to work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixteen18 View Post
    I really can't see any of the BC outland races being added for one simple reason, they are lame. Yes it is an opinion, but it is a majority opinion as the current race statistics show that the large portion of the population prefers to play either humans or elves. Blizzard is losing subs at rate like never before, this expansion will make or break the game's future so they need a bigger draw than ever before. Making it themed to BC is a very easy start for that since most people recall it as being Wow's golden age. It is hard to create much hype for the races we have seen in outland:

Arroka - They are big birds with lore based around primitive forms of magic... Do we need another version of Tauren?
    Ogres - Same as above, while their lore goes with the horde very well they don't bring much of what horde doesn't already have
    Etheral - Quite a unique alien-like race, the closest to being realistic as a new race imo. However, blizzard would have to make some extreme changes to bring customization for them since they all look exactly the same and wear no clothes. With their lack of lore they might as well just make a whole new race.
    Naga - Same issue as above, can they really be made not to look ridiculous in armor? Even so they are liked by a very small minority due to lack of humanoid features.
    Broken - I would love for alliance to get them just to see their reaction. An uglier version of Draeni with much less lore. And given how blizzard has been handling Draeni lore...
    Lost Ones - Same as above
    High Elves - Not possible because it would be too gamebreaking. Giving alliance the most played race of the horde would cause extreme population issues plus the biggest complaint shitstorm blizzard ever faced. It would be no different than letting horde have humans.

I think no new races is very likely IF they release updated models with the expansion. Otherwise it will probably be something completely new relating to w/e the story is, like some demonic race with mostly humanoid appearance.
    Glad you are aware this is your opinion.

I should point out that if Blizzard adds a new race, there will be someone who will complain.

That said there have been tons of polls both here on MMO-C and even a couple by Blizzard about wanted races by players.

The top of that list is always the same 4 races, and usually in the same order.

1. Ogres
    2. Alliance High Elves
    3. Naga
    4. Etheral

Blizzard has already given the other top most requested races.

1. Goblins
    2. Worgen
    3. Pandarens

So complain all you want but the odds are likely that we might get a new races.

I sure hope we get some ogre focus, my favorite classic dungeon must be dire maul, oh the endless nights soloing, realizing that ele shammy was not the best choice for that.
    But I don't want to play them, I want to kill them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hrugner View Post
    The most interesting way would be to keep the model mostly the same, but make the animations extremely different so they appeared to have a different personality. Really sharp, fast motions for the bloodelves and more fluid deliberate motions for the highelves.

It would be interesting to see if they could get it to work.
    At a guess they will do Half-Ogres and Half-Elves.

1. It will avoid issues with current models.
    2. Easier to make a lore reason, the Half Elves are the Children of the WC2 Armies, and Rexxar finds a hidden enclave of the Mok'Nathal clan.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I really hope we wont get Ogres
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is everyone assuming it will even be an existing race? IF there are new playable races, they could be something new.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    Sorry, can't imagine anyone who deserves regard as a writer thinking "I know, Alleria should come back and basically be exactly like one of her sisters on every subject".
    You think that they can't both have an anti-Horde bias and still have different personalities?

EJL

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    New races would steal the spotlight from the new Vanilla models or vice versa.

I don't see the point of adding new races when we're getting 8 new vanilla race models. Seems sort of pointless.
    Although new models would be awesome, they SHOULD still prioritize NEW content(a.k.a new races > old races getting a facial lift).
    Sethraz - Havoc Demon Hunter - Draenor EU - Achievement Points: 22220+ - Mounts: 472+

10+ Year Old Account
    If Warlords of Draenor is the next expansion and they are adding new races:

Horde -Ogres

Alliance- High Elves/Blood Elves (Read Below)

I think Ogres are practically a certainty if they would add races this expansion. Almost added them twice before, and they are -from- Draenor. For the Alliance, I would like to see Alleria return and become disturbed by the separation amongst her people and convince Lor'themar and the Blood Elves that it would be in their best interest to defect to the Alliance. They almost did once, after all. It would also give some interesting storytelling opportunity. How the Horde would deal with what they see as a betrayal (in particular Sylvanas, been a while since she's had some love and some sister vs. sister would be interesting to see), and the Alliance dealing with their former enemies becoming allies and some of the animosity left between certain High Elves and Blood Elves.

Of course, if that were to happen, Jaina would have to be contended with. I doubt she'd be too happy...
    Last edited by Kelthos; 2013-11-03 at 10:31 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilent View Post
    Why is everyone assuming it will even be an existing race? IF there are new playable races, they could be something new.
    That would be seen as a pretty big ass pull by a lot of people though. It also doesn't generate any hype whatsoever. Even Draenei existed in lore before BC.