Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Speak UP with your WALLETS ext.

Last thread got de-railed and closed before I could reply to as to why I feel that Blizzard is a shell of its former self and does not deserve the loyalty (or money) of its player-base anymore. Here are a few of my subjective reasons why:

*snip for less-than-decent adjectives used by questioner , unnecessary and uncalled for. apologies for putting that extra tid bit in.
    However I do want to know what he dislikes, so give me an actual argument and we can get the ball rolling.
    In no particular order Tommo, here are my gripes with the game in its current state:

Easy-Gearing:
    From LFR, to Scenarios, to the Timeless Isle - they have gone away from the model of earning your character's progression. Now - if you feel that is still a version of earning, you are entitled to that opinion, but, I'd have to respectively say we have very different definitions of what it means to earn something.

Aesthetics > Substance: Character models were an implementation that has been asked about but for it to be a main-selling point for an expansion is where I see the lines being blurred between what is important substance-wise and what people want. It should be a patch-by-patch basis for aesthetics, similarly to the older versions of night skies and gear changes a la when they changed Netherwind Shoulders and a huge out-cry occured. Under-whelming "main" feature for an expansion.

Furthermore, dungeons are a few hallways of linear progression that a group cannot veer off from or choose where to go. Gone are the days of mazes, choices that you had to THINK about (to remember BRD/UBRS/LBRS/Temple and navigate it took time and knowledge to learn), and the sheer number of how many there actually were to choose from dungeon-wise. They made NO new dungeons for the duration of MoP and the ones that were there for the beginning til now were under-whelming in my opinion. Now only a few new dungeons are being implemented. Under-whelming additions with how much time they've had to create.

Re-hashed content is rampant throughout the game. This ties back in to Substance being a lacking trait of the game now-a-days. Fresh ideas are needed, not older content being re-used/re-purposed to fill gaps or rush content out.

Community: Due to the anonymity that Blizzard has given to its customers (Name change, Race change, Server change, Faction change) there is a complete disconnect with players and loyalty. You can't black-list people anymore for racial slurring, ninja'ing, trolling, or terrible behavior. They'll just name change and you'll have no idea where they went or who they are now. You had to be a good-natured human being and build a reputation as a person on Vanilla servers if you wanted to progress to the fullest extent (barring some wild outlier like a guild of trolls that raided).

Hypocrisy and Subjective Bias between PvE and PvP: : PvE achievements are completely account-wide whilst PvP achievements are not fully account-wide. There is a completely subjective basis as to what is difficult and what is not. If I achieved Gladiator on my Rogue, I should be able to use the mount on my Mage. If I achieved High Warlord on my Mage I should be able to use the title on my Rogue - just like how PvE achievements/mounts are handled when the appropriate level is obtained. Am I not one and the same person, regardless of what character I use?

Time-Sinks vs Substance:
    Would you rather have a Garrison that is a massive time-sink where you're instanced away from the interactive world so that you can gather materials easier and show off a few things or would you rather have more raids, more dungeons, dynamic quests, events, etc, and more content altogether? Very easy choice for me. What say you? This question can be made about a whole bunch of other topics/implementations that have been put in more recently.

--I'd like to add more

-Feel free to comment on the whole thing, one point in particular, or agree/dis-agree.
    Last edited by TheWorkingTitle; 2013-11-09 at 04:13 AM.

Then quit? for evry crybaby on the forums that quit(most will resub 2 months later), people that previously quit will come back.

Your last thread was closed before the type of thread wasn't allowed here. Making a thread that was closed before is also not allowed here.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Deleted
    Like I said, I'll definitely speak with my wallet. Going to pre-order the CE of the new expansion as soon as it is available.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will be speaking with my wallet by buying the game I love to play.

If you don't like it, don't play. It's not rocket science.

PS. I love how you contradict yourself by saying paid services ruined the community
    but you want them to be free and included in our monthly sub fee.
    "Hello kettle, this is pot. You're black."

LOOL YOU EDITED THE PART WHERE YOU WERE HYPOCRITICAL!!!
    MADE. MY. DAY.
    Last edited by Sketchy; 2013-11-08 at 11:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    Like I said, I'll definitely speak with my wallet. Going to pre-order the CE of the new expansion as soon as it is available.
    I'll pre-order 3 CE's! Go speaking with the wallet!
    Currently playing: Stuff
    YouTube|Hearthstone Decks|Twitter|MyAnimeList

I like the game and I get much enjoyment from it, so I'll speak UP with my open WALLET.

Deleted
    I really didn't like the announcement at first. But after reading up on all the information, I totally change my mind very quickly. This is going to be a very good new addon and I think missing it will lead to regrets (seeing as I still regret that I paused during TBC).

10+ Year Old Account
    I will speak with my wallet and buy the CE of this expansion day 1.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    valid complaints, while i agree with you on some points i still intend to purchase the expansion because other aspects of the game outweigh the negatives in my opinion

You lost me as soon as I saw "Hand outs" boldfaced

Dude... this is a video game, not real life American Politics and social programs...

I'll vote with my wallet by buying the xpac day one. You can feel free to quit.

I will speak up as well! Purchasing this expansion as soon as its available!

Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    Indeed, I personally think that the information and visual things we've seen and heard about so far are absolutely amazing. Without a doubt gonna buy me and the bf CE's also!

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    Feel free to comment on the whole thing, one point in particular, or agree/dis-agree.
    I will vote with my wallet and buy the expansion.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

Ill be buying the ce of WoD, go cry to someine who cares cares about your lackluster opinion.

I will buy two copies so that it makes up for the copy you won't buy.

All the changes look pretty damn awesome to me.

Character models look awesome , can't wait to see the rest.

Raiding changes, people will realize how good of a change it is.

Garrisons , sweet something to keep me busy and a little bit extra to do aside from PVE / PVP.

Community ? I play on a full server and have a great time. Heck they are even "merging" most of the servers to improve said community. You say that server transfers etc should be free ? It would divide it further if so...

PVP will always be separate and for good measure. PVP titles and mounts are for prestige, anyone can do PVE ,not everyone can get top arena ratings. Heck, I know that I can't play any other class as well as I can a warrior, my PVP achievements are an indication of that.

GO navigate the awful, dreadful world of pay to win MMO's and come back and reread your post OP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then move on if you don't enjoy it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    Hand-Outs: From LFR, to Scenarios, to the Timeless Isle - they have gone away from the model of earning your character's progression. Now - if you feel that is still a version of earning, you are entitled to that opinion, but, I'd have to respectively say we have VERY different definitions of what it means to earn something.
    PvE achievements are completely account-wide whilst PvP achievements are not fully account-wide.
    So handouts you personally like are ok though? Earning something used to mean earning each achievement, each mount, etc. on each character.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Neliah View Post
    Indeed, I personally think that the information and visual things we've seen and heard about so far are absolutely amazing.
    I'm not sure about some things, but overall, I really like it. Can't wait to set foot on the new zones...they look gorgeous so far.