Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsta View Post
    Dead Space (PC) - 6/10
    It's ok. I haven't played much yet (2-3 hours), so probably it changes a little over time. Some points:
    - Atmosphere is quite good so far, although I personally fail to really get sucked into horror games where you can fight back. The same goes for the story so far: It's nice, adds to the atmosphere. It's too early to tell much more, though.
    - Controls with keyboard and mouse are a little clumsy, the interface isn't really optimized for PC. That's a huge turnoff for me. But there have been much worse ports of console games for PC.
    - Savegames: Weird decisions to make the saves the way they did. Either let players save where they want for maximal comfort, or do it in automatically checkpoints (without overwriting too much) to not destroy immersion. As it is in the game, it's neither comfortable nor in the background to let you focus on the story and atmosphere.
    - I like that (compared to more or less every other shooter) the max damage isn't done on the head, but on the limbs. The player is able to cut them off with shots to the right points, which sometimes kills them, sometimes cripples them and makes them easy to finish off. It's a bit unusual, but a nice change of pace.
    invest in an xbox 360 controller!

Life is Strange. 9/10

Its pretty effing good.

Sorcerer King

7.5/10

Fun, addictive gameplay. Surprisingly shallow in depth though.
    A place holder until Might and Magic Heroes VII comes out in a week or so.

Dying Light

8/10

Very enjoyable, great gameplay and very addictive. The only negative is that it gets very repetitive.

Fallout 1 and 2 7.5/10: I'm too lazy to give different scores to each of them, so i will just give them a single score as if they were an unique game.

What can i say about Fallout? I liked it, even if i'm not into turn based games but i appreciated the emphasis on stats and skills to make other npcs do what you want, or brutally murder them, or steal from them, like a true rpg. As a newbie, i felt that the game didn't help you much with stat and skill distribution and my first character was scrapped because i didn't put any point in Strenght to try a thief approach, but each time i had to resort to violence.... well.... it was a miracle i didn't shoot my face off or cut my legs, but as soon i did my studies around the net, my first playthrough was fun, but still a bit bumpy (Energy weapons are friend late game, improve your skill with those!).

Fallout 2 is better, in my opinion, than the first one; quests were less spread out and less criptic and the world was a lot bigger but the gameplay was the same, which is good.

But i think i'll enjoy New Vegas more, i just like more action oriented games than pure rpgs :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Hatsune Miku Project Mirai DX - 9/10

Just a well-rounded and meaty game overall. Just enough tracks with lots of play modes and massive amounts of customization in every area of the game, Puyo Puyo, Vocaloid Chao Garden (what I call the general buddy screen and hangout mode :P ), and some great SEGA references.

I highly recommend this game if you love music/rhythm games and hodge podge game modes.

Also, fuck Ageage Again hard mode!
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Mad Max - 9/10
    Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain - 7/10
    Her Story - 6/10

Deleted
    Metal gear solid V: The Phantom Pain - 10/10
    Mad Max - 4/10, horrible open world waste with extremely generic open world side quest nonsense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Dragon age: Inquisition 8/10.

Pretty solid main questline and companion quests, but the zones and the way they handled quests in them were pretty MMO-like, which isn't good for a solo RPG. However it's a great time sink, taking 50-100 hours per playthrough depending on difficulty and the quests you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Dragon age: Inquisition 8/10.

Pretty solid main questline and companion quests, but the zones and the way they handled quests in them were pretty MMO-like, which isn't good for a solo RPG. However it's a great time sink, taking 50-100 hours per playthrough depending on difficulty and the quests you do.
    Agreed mainly, sadly quite short main storyline, took me 102 hours to complete doing almost everything.

I'd rate Jaws of Hakkon 8/10 as well, same idea as the other zones just a little bit better perhaps.

The Descent - 9/10 - Because I am a huge lore fan this was great for me, really enjoyed it + the epic battle with the awesome music.
    Sadly later on it got a little tedious and the last boss fight is simply shit from a design perspective.

Trespasser - 10/10, great environments, story, companions, story, great music, epic ending (if you choose the right decision imo but still epic regardless), story.

Wish the main game was at the level of Trespasser, hopefully they do it right from the start with DA4 instead of random boring empty zones.
    Last edited by Kazlofski; 2015-10-22 at 08:41 AM.

Skyforge: 9/10

- Value for money, completely f2p as far as I have seen, it has microtransactions that give you premium status which increases the rate of resource gain. It's optional, and frankly I am tempted to support the title based on my experience so far.

- Aesthetics are pretty decent, but very par for the course. The scenery is somewhat immersive and impressive.

- Character customization is good, alot of options, male characters look less awkward than in many other titles. Can customize running animation as well. Want larger/higher positioned buttcheeks on your male character? Sure thing.

- Progression is rewarding, you unlock everything from classes, talents and abilities through your atlas. Take the Skyrim talent tree and add more interesting options such as a more advanced class, etc, and you can see how the depth of character progression is quite refreshing compared to your standard MMORPG. A lot of other MMORPG's could learn alot from how Skyforge adressed character progression. Alts are irrelevant, you have a single character, but if you want to change your name or gender or looks you can do so at any given time for a fee, in game. The standard level system is replaced by prestige, which acts more as a difficulty setting than your average level system works. Gaining more prestige doesn't necessarily make you hit harder. You have to balance your stat allocation according to your level of prestige to be effective. Sometimes an item that yields less prestige is actually superiour to one that yields more, even if the interface implies it will be an upgrade due to the increase in prestige. It can be compared to how item level works in WoW and how an item with worse item level can still be better.

- The follower systems is linked to your character's progression as it directly influences your combat efficiency. If you want to tank as a paladin shield power seems too beneficial to pass up on in terms of making your character capable later on in the game. If you switch your class you can switch how chapels and their stat allocation benefits your class as well.

- Combat has some degree of complexity which is lacking in titles such as WoW. Combining hotkey-based combat with combo abilities gives the combat a decent amount of depth. Resource gain isn't purely automated the way energy or mana works in many titles. standard attacks regain a set amount of resources, it works differently from class to class how much you regain. Paladins have to follow through a long combo of standard attacks to regain a large burst of Righteous Anger (your resource), while a Chryomancer regain a set amount for every attack.

- The story and setting is relatively decent, but somewhat cheesy voiceacting does make it feel awkward at times. The story itself however is decent enough, at least from what I can judge after reaching 3k prestige. Can not vouch for how it evolves beyond that.

- Musical score seems good, not too memorable but it doesn't take away from the experience either, it's relatively subtle and decent enough to not mute it completely.

- Replayability is a constant factor, old zones (which are relatively easy as you progress and become more powerful) will still reward sparks (which are used to progress through your atlas (progression tree). Instances will always reward you with currency, resources or sparks, what you gain changes on a timed basis where the resource reward resets to something else. It makes it more relevant to return to old zones in order to gain resources to increase you prestige or play with friends who have fallen behind (without sacrificing time for nothing in return). All quests are reset and can be done all over again once the zone is completed.
    Last edited by Atelniar; 2015-09-19 at 03:30 PM.
    There is common sense and ignorance. Choose one and accept the consequences.

Well this thread vanished into the depths of nothing.
    Here we go though-

Persona 4: Dancing All Night- 7.5/10

It's basically exactly what would be expected from a rhythm game, it plays smoothly and looks nice. The story is about on par with the Persona 4 Arena games, nothing as in depth as Persona 4 itself, but still rather pleasant and decent.

Only minor complaints which led to putting it down from an 8.5 are things like
    - The move for having to press two buttons at once has a long pink strip across the entire screen which can become disorienting when there's multiple of them with single button presses.
    - Dances seem to be locked to only certain characters, you can't just pick a character and free dance to any song as far as I can tell.
    - You only unlock songs in Free Dance by playing other songs in Free Dance. Seems like weird to play a song in the Story Mode that you cannot play yet in Free Dance just because you haven't gone into Free Dance yet. Should just unlock them based on either Free Dance or Story Mode progression.

10+ Year Old Account
    MGS5 8/10. Would be 10 if the whole thing didn't feel incomplete post mission 31.

10+ Year Old Account
    NBA 2k16: 4/10

MyCareer is an absolute joke. Not only does the story make little sense, there is a complete disconnect with it and the gameplay. Take your rookie year, for example. You only actually play in 8 games, while storywise by the 8th game you are in the playoffs. They don't do anything to fill in the gaps...in fact, that 8th game is the only playoff game you get to play in. After it, the story just throws the whole season out and doesn't even explain what happens. Your team loses, supposedly, but they don't explain why or what happened. Your rookie year is completely thrown out the window - you don't get to play in the Rising Stars Challenge and in fact All Star Weekend doesn't even exist. Since you only get 8 games in your rookie year, too, you don't get ANY opportunities to level your stats. So you are a complete scrub by your second season.

If the story was half decent it might have made that whole crapfest easier to digest, but it's really awful. It's full of black stereotypes, awful dialog, awful characters and awful pacing. So much for promising this to be your story...you don't have any control over the story at all. You don't get to choose any of the responses your character gives, unlike 2K15. It's so bad that the game assumes you make a black character and doesn't do anything to support non-black characters. You are forced into one voice (that sounds kinda like Shaq) so the scrawny white point guard I made was a walking joke. They throw your character, regardless of race, into a black family and even force you to have a black twin sister...

This wouldn't irk me that bad if not for the promises of it being your story in the marketing of this game. 2K obviously didn't give a shit and gave 100% of the creative control over to Spike Lee and you can really tell. For a while there I thought they would force me to play on the Knicks! I'm not against having a black family, but when you force me into having a black twin sister how can I take the story seriously?!? At least let me pretend I'm adopted!

The only points I give this game are for the gameplay. It's smooth and fun despite a few odd change from 2K15. They seem to have 'nerfed' open jumpers. First stat I pumped into was my outside shot and I'm clanking open jumpers. I get that 2K wants to make your character less OP but if I, on Hall of Fame difficulty, execute a play perfectly and get an open jumpshot I should make it damn it! It also irks me that some of the controls have changed but I got used to it quickly enough.

Overall do not recommend. NBA 2K15 is much better (which is saying a lot).

Resident Evil: Revelations: 7/10. What a surprise. Thanks to the recent Capcom Humble Bundle (buy it) i finally decided to play this game because i read that it is a bit more like the classic RE games and i needed to forget what happened in RE6.
    Well, i think it is a decent game; the atmosphere is darker, there is a bit of puzzle solving and you are going around a ship looking for retarded looking keys to open doors you couldn't before. RETARDED LOOKING KEYS!!! REMEMBER THOSE?! FUCK YEAH!

I liked a lot the weapon upgrade system; usually when i get one i keep it with me till the end of the game because i could always find a better gun, even if i'm already going around with a BFG9000 and in the end i never use those modifications. In Revelations you can remove the attachment and put them in another gun, so i could always customize my loadout near a weapon chest. Good for the indecisive players like me!

Last thing i liked is that the AI partner isn't oppressive like RE5 and 6, sorry, i never liked that direction. Sure, in Revelations you have a bland secondary character that follows you, but he isn't part of the gameplay for the most part: enemies ignore him and his damage is minimal compared to what you do, so it's all about me and my aim; no babysit for Sheeva and her ammo hungry behaviour and no Helena saving my ass when i'm down.

Now, the cons are quite minor but they lowered the score by at least half a point. First of all, the plot is bland. I know RE's strong point was never the story but i didn't find myself engaged by Revelations' one, but at least i never facepalmed about how retarded it is compared to the soap opera that was RE6. (yes, i dislike that game a lot).

Second, the various partners you play with.... they aren't bad, they are just...... nothing special. Resident Evil could work with the classic cast in my opinion without adding random companions for the main characters every time. All i need is Jill, Chris, Leon, Claire, Ada and Barry the Jill sandwich chef (i read he is in Revelations 2).

Last, i found the combat mechanics a bit clunky, expecially the dodge.... i never figured how to make is work costantly, but i'm probably just bad and the aiming with the mouse wasn't good. Ok, you can say "play with a controller" and i tried, but i hate shooting with an analog stick! But this is a general complain, i just hate that in a pc port with rarely have different mouse sensitivity sliders for camera control and aiming, i really dislike that when i draw a weapon the mouse movement goes slower than my camera.... i want to keep a 1:1 ratio between those :S

Ok, enough rants. If you liked the classic RE games, i'd give Revelations a try, but keep an open mind while playing it, it's surely no RE2.

Deleted
    MGSV: 8/10

There will be SPOILERS

Finally finished the all story missions. Will have to play more for 100%

So Im a big MGS fan boy or whatever you wanna call it and its an awsome game but still some disappointing stuff. First the combat is the best of all games, 10/10. Its fun how you can change your approach to missions and so on.
    The open world is both fun and bad. Often if you fuck up horrible you can just run away from the enemy territory out in the open and you are fine(which I personally find bad). Can become a bit annoying when you have to wait 20-30 each time before you land when you ride the helicopter.

I miss codec conversations and the character development with it. The kassettes are OK but could have been better. Most of the time they just go too far in to stuff that isnt really necessary.
    Boss battles are pretty meh, there are few of them and reused. Would have seen much more of this and different.

The story is pretty thin compared to the other MGS games which I find bad, I wanted more of that. When you start chapter 2 I dont know what happend. All the damn replayed missions just with a harder difficulty... should have been a thing after you finished the game IMO. Just played them and though "when will the story continue".
    The story in chapter 2 was pretty non existence or atleast it felt like it was too long between the real story missions. Not sure if it had to do with Konami rushing it, felt weird. Like stuff were missing.

But had awsome times as with the quarantine in chapter 2 and you go in there, that shit was fucking glorious how it was made. When you find the room which you unlock and when they salute you and ask you to finish them, made me tear eyed lol. You can see here a glimpse how awsome Silent Hills could have been.

Mother base was unnecessary big after a while. Took way too long to travel between platforms.

There are these minor things that brings it down but in the end the big thing that take away the 2 points is the missing of more story, codec conversation or more cut scenes with story/character or just better tapes. Better and more boss fights.

And yeah one more thing, FUCK Emmerich. Wish you could have killed him.

I could rant about more minor things but thats just because I love the MGS series and how the old games were. Just wish it had more of the older games too.
    Last edited by mmocbc4c51efd3; 2015-10-21 at 09:25 PM.

Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns (9.5/10)

Great expansion with plenty of content to entertain both new and returning players as well as a bevy of welcome additions to the game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Asheron's Call - 10/10

What can I say? Its the best MMO ever created with the most unique, challenging, skill-based PvP combat system.

Oh yeah, and it came out in '99. New Age kiddos need not apply. Hardcore only.

Mod edit: removed advertising link
    Last edited by icedwarrior; 2015-10-28 at 08:50 PM.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    Asheron's Call - 10/10

What can I say? Its the best MMO ever created with the most unique, challenging, skill-based PvP combat system.

Oh yeah, and it came out in '99. New Age kiddos need not apply. Hardcore only.

<snip>
    That game. Looks horrible.

It's probably quite good, but god damn did it age disastrously
    Last edited by icedwarrior; 2015-10-28 at 08:50 PM.

Ori and the Blind Forest - 10/10
    Best Metrovania game in the last years like a playable studio ghibli movie.