Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    As far as I know, none of these games hosts a 2-days convention like Blizz just did two weeks ago. The entire company spent an entire 2 days to meet, talk and answer questions to their customers.

If you ask me, this is worth 10,000 times more than another useless pet/mount that will rot in my UI as it will never be worth using something everyone got for no better reason than loggin in...

Quote Originally Posted by Bombadrol View Post
    They could've made something like :

Letter : So we heard that there was a slight mistake about a certain dragon about one year ago. Oops We thought we'd give you something to remember this year's celebrations! We are looking forward to many more years of fun in Azeroth and beyond!

Gift : A little 9-in-a-box, to place on the ground and a little #9 jumps up on a spring.

You think that would've taken development time away from WoD?
    Yes.
    Unless you think scripted animation and art assets magically spring out of nothingness with no effort.

Deleted
    wish they did more things like adding the baby blizzard bear from the 4th anniversary.
    small thing, but something more that leaves more of an impression then an item that gives +9% exp/rep when killing something.

what good is an hour long XP bonus that can only be used for a week to a level 90 toon?

Quote Originally Posted by dalch View Post
    I agree with OP.
    Me, just like hium, keep paying our sub in hopes of getting a cool reward every game anniversary
    Let me get this straight, did you just tell us you pay your sub every month, just for the anniversary?
    I pay to play the game. How about that?

To the OP, Play the game and enjoy it, instead of feeling entitled to new free stuff all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    Are you really looking for logic in a game that sends you dragons via the mail service?...

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Yes.
    Unless you think scripted animation and art assets magically spring out of nothingness with no effort.
    Sorry mister... thought it was obvious that what I mean is.... the time it would take would be VERY little time x)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DPA View Post
    new free stuff all the time.
    Good one x)

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the part where you seriously attempted to compare a marriage commitment to playing a video game for several years.
    Do you not understand how completely laughable that is?

I've used Vonage for years, I don't expect them to send a card to me every year on the day the company was founded.
    I've used Verizon Wireless and Dish for years, but I don't expect them to send me free coupons or gift certificates on the day I signed up every year.
    How you can call this anything other than entitlement is beyond me.
    Wasn't my comparison, I simply expanded on it.
    But don't let that get in the way of your enjoyment.

No where did I state that I was expecting more than what we received (in fact I clearly stated the exact opposite), but I WAS hoping that they would put in a bit more effort this time around.
    I mean, it didn't even have to be a unique pet that they gave us. I'd have been happy with receiving the option of choosing ONE of the pets that's available through the RaF (want that silver pig).
    But by all means, continue to enjoy your 9% exp buff.
    Last edited by Boreaz; 2013-11-18 at 10:34 PM.

just an achievement would have been nice

Quote Originally Posted by pwnjitsu View Post
    what good is an hour long XP bonus that can only be used for a week to a level 90 toon?
    Roll an alt. According to your signature, you only have three 90s, and have several other characters that the XP bonus should help.

Quote Originally Posted by Bombadrol View Post
    Sorry mister... thought it was obvious that what I mean is.... the time it would take would be VERY little time x)
    Time is time.
    Do you really want devs spending time working on stupid gimmicky crap for the 9th anniversary instead of actual content for the expansion?

10+ Year Old Account
    My only real issue with the anniversary thing is.. xp boost at end of expantion.. yeah all the toons i want at max level are max level. rep boost from kills.. all reps i want maxed are maxed.

so.. umm. i got a big W button taking up space unless i delete it. that's about it.

A pet would be harder than it used to be, since they would now have to think of and add all the pet battle info for one and not just the model itself.
    they could at least maybe give you a few fire works. also totally useless.. but hey.. you could shoot them off, give you a few seconds of something

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedelus View Post
    How many people here subscribe to an ISP or a telephone company or a cable TV company? All of you.

How many gifts do you get from them every year?
    Please, at least say something that is in any way similar to this situation, You can't compare an anniversary of a game, to that of a company like that... They're not the same, at all:P

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrllish View Post
    "A man can beat his wife because he pays for the food on the table", is basically what you just implied.
    That isn't what he implied. At all.

without the player base WoW wouldn't have anniversaries.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dalch View Post
    I agree with OP.
    Me, just like hium, keep paying our sub in hopes of getting a cool reward every game anniversary
    If that's why you're paying a sub fee...you should stop playing.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    Please, at least say something that is in any way similar to this situation, You can't compare an anniversary of a game, to that of a company like that... They're not the same, at all:P

Why not? Blizzard is a company also.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Time is time.
    Wtf does that mean? Time is time... so little time is the same as a lot of time? 5 hours is the same as a week? Don't get it... Yes I would be happy if they had spent a little making something... so it's not just another copy paste...

Fanboys and whiners all over this thread, both sides are correct, the rewards are shit and they don't need to make anything special because people won't care that much anyway, but for the kind of money they're making they could at least throw us a bone.

And if they had updated a raid/dungeon for this anniversary people would have complained about wasted development time and rehash. I agree that 9% exp is quite lousy, but they did say this was their plan
    The Onyxian Welpling was a gift that we mailed to players for logging in for our five-year anniversary. We plan to reserve this sort of celebratory bonus for the most notable milestones or events in the future.
    It's obvious from this quote that they weren't planning anything big for the 6th-9th anniversary and were saving the "big guns" for the 10th. However, if we just get a 10% exp boost for the 10th anniversary, then I'll be (one of) the first to call them out on it.
    Daxxarri's quote: http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/1...h-anniversary/ here's the source if anyone is curious.

Well, aren't you the center of entitlement....

I'm sorry for that OP, it's just the best counterargument my small and feeble brain can make. I really am sorry. Excuse me, I have to go punch myself in the face repeatedly now.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    without the player base WoW wouldn't have anniversaries.
    Without WoW players wouldn't have anniversaries. In WoW.