Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by axiom View Post
    was first thread with 2014 i saw between bgs^^ HAPPY NEW YEAR to the hole mmo comunity!! from the deep of my heart :-)
    Happy New Year EU, o7 Salute to you !!

It's simple why none of these games have killed WoW and no game ever will. No one wants to take a risk on doing something different. WoW uses a damn near perfect system for it's players. so every game that comes out uses the same system cause "it works" thus turning the game into just a WoW clone, making ppl say "Why should I play this when I can just play WoW?". For a game to beat WoW, it has to be different, and take risks. But since those risks costs money, and the fear of them not working causes ppl to just make WoW clones.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Elder Scrolls Online= "Meh"

Wildstar= "Never heard of it, so Meh"
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

I got into TES Beta, played it for like 2 mins and logged out. I did not like the feel of it at all, and I am a huge Skyrim fan. I still play that. So I dunno.
    Wildstar - unless you're an avid MMOer, people are not likely to stop playing WoW just so they can play a game most of us haven't even heard of.

as for SoO for another six more months. i dunno...get a gf and do that for a while till WoD drops. Or get a job were u gotta slave 12 hrs a day, get a career, get a hobby, play some Civilization, some GTA...there's a lotta cool games out there. The fact that WOW will not have NEW content for a few months SHOULD NOT affect your LIFE so dramatically.

that's my 2 cents.

Ok...and?

I'll be playing WoW, not some new FOTM mmo. And this time around, I'mma just completely /lol at the people claiming that the new mmos will kill WoW. If GW2 didn't, then nothing will. The lack of NEW content is expected, that doesn't mean I'm out of stuff to do in-game. But then again, I play WoW on many different levels without tunnel-visioning certain content/goals.

Also, I have honestly never felt as turned off by a new mmo as I do for Wildstar...
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2014-01-01 at 01:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I have the feeling those who were against MoP for being "too childish" will have the same prejudice with Wildstar.
    Oh no, Watch Wildstar to be perfectly fine. The kind People saying MoP was too childish are the desperate burnout diggers that will go to any length to maim and shame WoW. You know, The type of people that's opinions are worth 0.
    " The fear of God is the beginning of Wisdom, Therefore he who has no fear of god has no wisdom "
    People saying we are in the end-times really don't know anything. Such as there's going to be 7 years of world peace before it happens and as long as china and russia are still a thing its safe to say its not going to happen anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Karnige View Post
    you mean a game thats almost 10 years old is losing subs? people are getting bored and its stale. the market is flooded with mmos now. any company would love to be in blizzards position
    Indeed, not to mention the very simple fact that they don't get ALL revenue around the Warcraft universe from WoW. There will always be more than enough dedicated fans for this game to be profitable simply because it's such a well known brand and a lot of players, like myself, aren't looking to find a "new" mmo when this one works so damned well even after all these years. A lot of people are perfectly happy with sticking to what they know, often backed up by experiences of trying new stuff without getting what they had with the old.

I've been playing for moving on 6 years now and I am still hyped for what is to come. I am surely not alone.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2014-01-01 at 01:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not going to participate much in this, as bed summons me soon. Though, a golden note. All MMO's that was claimed to be "WoW-killers" have all topped over or bleeding heavily.

Warhammer is being shut down, LOTRO is going bad, SWTOR killed themselves with their F2P plan, Final Fantasy hardly any notice, Guild Wars 2 shot themselves in the foot for some of the major mechanics (They had the chance of going back, if they didn't chose some of their choices as they did).

We have ESO incomming, though for now it doesn't look all that great.
    We have Wildstar incomming, though looking interesting at points, it holds other flaws that needs to be fixed before even thinking of launch.
    We have ArcheAge Online incomming, have a sandbox mechanic and much more. Wide selections and basicly anything a medieval themed game can cover with a pinch of Steam Punk.

But for now, I wont say harsh or good year. I wont judge games 100% till I have tried said games. Beta's does not really count as useful data.

"NO NEW CONTENT TILL SPRING/SUMMER" - Well, that is a wide area. Depending where WoD is planned, they said early spring to mid-summer. As well stating that the pre-launch patch will be implemented a little after the release date is given for WoD.

And then we lean closer to 2015/2016
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Alright, first off, I'm going to be the first to say it. If you haven't "heard of" or "care about" wildstar and/or ESO, then why are you wasting comments about mmo's that not only have been marketed in the mmo market for quite some time and have been hyped to quite the extent? I'm nit picking I guess, but when I see comments like "never heard of it, gonna be bad" ect, it irks me to no end.

That being said, the cream of the crop of this, being ESO, is a frail shamble to a game it -could- be. Everything about the game is done in a rather asinine way. It really doesn't strike me, personally, as something that would keep me interested for more than a few hours before I toss it (exactly what I did in the beta when I tested it). Everything is clunkily made around everyone having the ability to pick up any weapon and wear any armor, yet the most powerful and obvious combos are of course to use light armor as a dagger/sword/bow thief or a sword and board as a heavy armored one, where as in skyrim you could effectively be a wizard rolling about in plate.

ESO will forever and always be compared to it's RPG formats as well as the MMO's of this time, to me it looks like Everwinter with better marketing.

As far as wow goes, I will repeat something I read the other day, probably in this very thread. "WoW will not be killed by any one games crescendo. In-fact, these games are more like a sad song for WoW's inevitable suicide." With a new lead systems designer making hairy decisions that have the community on edge, promoting Knaak and his horrific writing even more (not to mention WoD being basically trademark Metzen writing here, MAOR ORCZ) WoD's future is bleak.

In more basic words, instead of fixing problems that exist, they create problems so they can fix them. Item squish is a perfect example, because MoP should not have reached as high as it did in a single expansion. They pushed it so item squish could be more widely accepted and by doing so created a problem that could only be fixed by them, so they could say they did something this expansion. Almost as if they have run out of new system ideas and made a problem underhandedly just to show off how they are going to fix it.

The more of this we see, and the less balancing, the less actual productivity made, the more WoW will lose the glimmer of "quality" so very many people cling to. At this point, that glimmer is just actually Metzen's lava lamp, but the room is so very dark, so it's the only glimmer you can see.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Not going to participate much in this, as bed summons me soon. Though, a golden note. All MMO's that was claimed to be "WoW-killers" have all topped over or bleeding heavily.

Warhammer is being shut down, LOTRO is going bad, SWTOR killed themselves with their F2P plan, Final Fantasy hardly any notice, Guild Wars 2 shot themselves in the foot for some of the major mechanics (They had the chance of going back, if they didn't chose some of their choices as they did).
    I'm not going to say FF14 is or is going to be as good as WoW, but it is doing much better than any of the other MMO's you have mentioned save for gw2, which is nice for a sub model game in this time of "f2p or gtfo" from anyone already subbed to WoW.
    Last edited by Manabomb; 2014-01-01 at 05:32 AM.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    Alright, first off, I'm going to be the first to say it. If you haven't "heard of" or "care about" wildstar and/or ESO, then why are you wasting comments about mmo's that not only have been marketed in the mmo market for quite some time and have been hyped to quite the extent? I'm nit picking I guess, but when I see comments like "never heard of it, gonna be bad" ect, it irks me to no end.

That being said, the cream of the crop of this, being ESO, is a frail shamble to a game it -could- be. Everything about the game is done in a rather asinine way. It really doesn't strike me, personally, as something that would keep me interested for more than a few hours before I toss it (exactly what I did in the beta when I tested it). Everything is clunkily made around everyone having the ability to pick up any weapon and wear any armor, yet the most powerful and obvious combos are of course to use light armor as a dagger/sword/bow thief or a sword and board as a heavy armored one, where as in skyrim you could effectively be a wizard rolling about in plate.

ESO will forever and always be compared to it's RPG formats as well as the MMO's of this time, to me it looks like Everwinter with better marketing.

As far as wow goes, I will repeat something I read the other day, probably in this very thread. "WoW will not be killed by any one games crescendo. In-fact, these games are more like a sad song for WoW's inevitable suicide." With a new lead systems designer making hairy decisions that have the community on edge, promoting Knaak and his horrific writing even more (not to mention WoD being basically trademark Metzen writing here, MAOR ORCZ) WoD's future is bleak.

In more basic words, instead of fixing problems that exist, they create problems so they can fix them. Item squish is a perfect example, because MoP should not have reached as high as it did in a single expansion. They pushed it so item squish could be more widely accepted and by doing so created a problem that could only be fixed by them, so they could say they did something this expansion. Almost as if they have run out of new system ideas and made a problem underhandedly just to show off how they are going to fix it.

The more of this we see, and the less balancing, the less actual productivity made, the more WoW will lose the glimmer of "quality" so very many people cling to. At this point, that glimmer is just actually Metzen's lava lamp, but the room is so very dark, so it's the only glimmer you can see.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not going to say FF14 is or is going to be as good as WoW, but it is doing much better than any of the other MMO's you have mentioned save for gw2, which is nice for a sub model game in this time of "f2p or gtfo" from anyone already subbed to WoW.
    mark my word.. item squish will be the death of this game.. youll see the largest drop of subs after the 30 freedays are up from buying the expansion. .. it doesnt matter if the game needs it.. or the developers want it.. the moment you take players doing 500k+ dps back down to doing 15k dps.(made up number). they will quit.. i dont care how you twist it.. its the largest single nerf in the history of the game.. and its to the WHOLE game not just parts. you will litterally take away the feeling of years of progression from players.. i dont care if you can still kill it in 3 seconds.. they will not like seeing those low numbers again after years of working thier way up..

no content gonna take a dent.
    Fact that the game is old gonna take off even more players.
    Elder scrolls online. Not so much.

Wildstar. If they keep what they promis. a large majority of the players and most of the vanilla players.
    40 man hard ass raids. Content that is catered for like 10 % of the player base. Basicly everything wow players and elitist asshats have been moaning for, wildstar has promissed them

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MetalheroDamien View Post
    Why ON EARTH would anyone who worked on City Of Heroes work with NCSoft again?
    Sorry, but I have to do it:

LOL!!!!!

You are so f**king right!!!!!!

---

Quote Originally Posted by Ateista View Post
    yeah, blizzard is digging themselves quite a big hole, but i mainly think it's because of the age of the game more than anything.
    I partially disagree. Yes, Blizzard's been diggin' WoW's grave for a while now (Activision helped a really big deal on that matter), but I don't think the "age" is the issue, here, but how they constantly change the rules, how they fail to balance the classes, and mostly, how they keep breaking PvE in order to fix PvP (or vice-versa), and many other mistakes actually made while devolping and trying to fix the original mistakes. New xPacks continue to be Beta far after their release, and they continue to change the rules every other patch.

And sadly, most of this rulechanging drives the game closer to F2Ps, dumbing it down, erasing tons of cool content for good, investing tons of time in new Store items, while we have to wait a week for a ticket to be answered, and when it finally happens, the GM answering didn't even understand what you were talking about, or didn't take the time to read your ticket, etc.

WoW will die sooner or later, not by the hand of any "WoW-Killer", but by Blizzard's.
    Last edited by ElChOrC; 2014-01-01 at 07:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by McTurbo View Post
    mark my word.. item squish will be the death of this game.. youll see the largest drop of subs after the 30 freedays are up from buying the expansion. .. it doesnt matter if the game needs it.. or the developers want it.. the moment you take players doing 500k+ dps back down to doing 15k dps.(made up number). they will quit.. i dont care how you twist it.. its the largest single nerf in the history of the game.. and its to the WHOLE game not just parts. you will litterally take away the feeling of years of progression from players.. i dont care if you can still kill it in 3 seconds.. they will not like seeing those low numbers again after years of working thier way up..

Itemsquish gonna happen. some ppl gonna voice their opinion on the net. 2 weeks later, no one even notice that its changed. Itemsquish is not gonna be something people quit over. Its not something people will even think about in 2 weeks time. Its gonna be as common as the aoe loot.

people need to stop looking at outside sources. wows sub base is based almost entirely on how good the game is at that moment. if warlords(please stop saying wod) end up being the best expansion ever released people will stick around and tell friends to play and the subs will jump back to ~10 million. mop has been okay for the most part but i'd rate it a 7/10 overall and that's probably being generous, every season of pvp has been terrible, but the pve content has been decent. the rest of the game outside of that has had ups and downs, a million dailies was a definite down, timeless isle was an up(imo). for pvp though they really need to pull the trigger in regards to removing abilities from classes, a cc chain should come from great setup, not because you had 10 cc's on your team and managed to do 3 in a row. also im of the opinion that resilience should be the only added stat for pvp and it should be baseline 0%, baseline 65% or whatever it is now just means that the numbers for the rest of the game are way off, and then trying to balance messed up numbers with baseline resil and pvp power and you end up with our current clusterfuck. they tried to fix what wasn't broken by adding things and it has gotten out of hand, this next expansion needs to be about minimizing and reducing almost every aspect of the game, not just squishing numbers and praying it all works out.

I doubt these games will have much effect. Sure, some people will leave WoW and not come back because they like these new games, but it won't be huge numbers. Then there are others might unsub from WoW for awhile, play them a bit, then return when WoD comes out, just like what happened with SWTOR. Lot of people left WoW, played TOR for a bit, then came back to WoW. The overall impact they have on WoW is pretty minimal...the age and direction of WoW itself is more likely to drive people away than anything. Like me-Cata was flawed, but I enjoyed a lot of it as well. I leveled 5 toons to max level, and remained subbed the entire time, even while I was also subbed to SWTOR. Then MoP came out, and I hated it. Only 2 of my 85's hit 90. I unsubbed for awhile and played Rift(which has a great F2P system), resubbed for a bit to try the Timeless Isle and found out, hey, MoP still sucks. Watched the Blizzcon stuff and saw a bunch of stuff I don't have any interest in and a bunch of things that annoyed me about WoD, so I unsubbed again, and won't be back for awhile as there's nothing for me to look forward to. Garrisons? I don't have any interest in garrisons, and the more Blizzard talks about them being "mandatory" the more annoyed I get. More of those stupid "solo scenarios" like on IoT? I hated those, I knew from the moment I took my second toon there that none of my others would go there, even if I did hit 90 on them. No flying till 6.1? No thanks. It's bad enough having to wait till max level to fly, but I can sorta accept it...but hitting max level, and STILL having to dick around on a slow fucking horse till the next patch, because Blizz wants me to spend more time fighting stupid trash mobs(which I won't do anyways, I'll just ride around/past the vast majority of them, same as I do on new toons)? Seriously? Forget it, there's just nothing I'm looking forward to in WoW anymore. I didn't unsub because of SWTOR(I'm not subbed there anymore either), not cause of Rift(I haven't logged on since October), and not cause of other games....but because WoW itself is no longer fun for me in it's current state. After WoD comes out, maybe I'll resub and try it to see if it's as awful as it looks, maybe I won't...but either way, it's the state of the game itself that will be the main factor for most people.

Eventually, some MMO will overtake WoW in a sub based model.

Eventually. Keep throwing darts at the board long enough, you'll eventually hit the bullseye.

Wildstar looks like a game targeted at the 10 year old playerbase. That game is cartoony as shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarch the Conqueror View Post
    Wether Wildstar, ESO, EverQuest Next will be the next big thing or not doesn't matter nearly as much as the fact that they'll be new AAA-quality MMO titles on the market. And that some of them have game engines which will make WoW look and feel like an old rusted car again. I'd be surprised if each of them wouldn't manage to take away at least each 1 million subscribers for a good while from WoW, if not more.
    You're so fun to think that engines are the thing that makes people play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Wildstar looks like a game targeted at the 10 year old playerbase. That game is cartoony as shit.
    The same could be said for WoW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    And wow isn't? LOL