Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    You don't need coordination for Teq, you need people on cannons to not be idiots. Having 8 people in this 100+ person event be the defining factor of winning or losing this fight is a horrible design.
    Well it does also help to have people who know not to run through the cannon area when they go to defend the other points. That's a good way to screw it up even if the cannon people know what they are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    You don't need coordination for Teq, you need people on cannons to not be idiots. Having 8 people in this 100+ person event be the defining factor of winning or losing this fight is a horrible design.
    Hardly bad design. You also need semi competent defenders to protect the turrets and DPS that can burn down Teq along with protecting the batteries. There is a lot of people to get right.

Quote Originally Posted by carnifex2005 View Post
    There is a lot of people to get right.
    Exactly, you just need a lot of people
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    I do too. There's something in the water!
    The ice stone has melted!

Sorry *blushes* couldn't help myself, just what that kind of reminds me of lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Oh please do quote me where I said that I have never ever used the system
    Erm, in the same post.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Gross oversimplification. I don't think I have changed the look of either of my lvl 80's in over a year nor do I intend to, since I am pretty fashion challenged in real life and games. And yet I spend the majority of my time playing games in GW2 every week, and no I am not the sort that stands around in town doing nothing. Fine if there is nothing you would want to do, but you can't legitimately say nothing is offered at max level other than playing dress-up. That's just a ridiculous criticism.

That would be awesome, but I'm not holding my breath for it
    If your not swapping your look now, why do you care if they are making it easier?
    Not trying to start a fight but it just seemed odd that you posted that you don't use the 'dress-up' system, then made an excited comment about a possible change to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tannaya View Post
    If your not swapping your look now, why do you care if they are making it easier?
    Not trying to start a fight but it just seemed odd that you posted that you don't use the 'dress-up' system, then made an excited comment about a possible change to it.
    Because I'm not selfish bastard who only cares about things that directly affect me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Had a nice talk with some guys from RG and Prx on skype yesterday. They were both on alpha before been banned due to some...leak^^.

In their opinion the game is in some kind of sleep mode since 5-6 month because there is nothing to compete with except WoW. And the gemstore works beyond all expectation. They ll make some major revamp in PvP and WvW around Mid-April to compete with Teso and Wildstar. A total revamp i mean ( New rewards/incentive/balancing and some kind of emperor mode in WvW). Also a "weird housing mode" for pve/rp dudes.

To them Gw2 was released way too early but it still has a insane potential just because Anet showed 40% of the game yet.

Well, time will tell. Im so fucking bored atm. Had my legendary in October 2012 thanks to d2jsp and had fun in WvW wich is now a desert. Pvp is dead also and im not a big fan of killing monsters (even if my minion does it ). So i guess i might sell my gold and just play the game if " something big is actually coming".
    Last edited by Iseeyou; 2014-01-15 at 03:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iseeyou View Post
    In their opinion the game is in some kind of sleep mode since 5-6 month because there is nothing to compete with except WoW.
    I'd agree.

And the gemstore works beyond all expectation. They ll make some major revamp in PvP and WvW around Mid-April to compete with Teso and Wildstar. A total revamp i mean ( New rewards/incentive/balancing and some kind of emperor mode in WvW). Also a "weird housing mode" for pve/rp dudes.
    A revamp to PvP/WvW isn't going to keep players who want PvE content (neither is a "weird housing mode" :P). I honestly think they overestimated the success of S1 WvW. As per usual, they're only looking at the metrics and not the reasons behind them (one of which being no one knew what the rewards were going to be or else most wouldn't have bothered).

Apparently the gem store must be doing really well if that's all they've got to use against the competition. Either that or, as a friend said, maybe because Wildstar is also NCSoft it's not an issue.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

I have some idea of some of the things coming. I had not heard about a WvW emperor mode though. Not sure what that is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zed zebes View Post
    I have some idea of some of the things coming. I had not heard about a WvW emperor mode though. Not sure what that is.
    Maybe something to do with the commander system?

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...mmander-System
    Valar morghulis

Or a cheap knock off from TESO?

DUN DUN DUUUUUUN
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    Or a cheap knock off from TESO?

DUN DUN DUUUUUUN
    Would you mind to explain what it is? I haven't been that excited about ESO so far.
    Sing like no one is listening - Love like you've never been hurt
    Dance like no one is watching - Masturbate like no one else is on the bus

In TES:O's WvW you can become Emperor of (I think) Tamriel by winning or getting points or w/e. It's more of a title than anything but I just think it's funny that they decide on the same name

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhywolver View Post
    Would you mind to explain what it is? I haven't been that excited about ESO so far.
    This short clip talks about TESOs version of RvRvR/WvWs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbay1wCRyeo

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks!

Doesn't sound to bad. WvW could use some sort of 'King of the Hill' imho. Leaders with special abilities that are worth beeing hunted down.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhywolver View Post
    Thanks!
    WvW could use some sort of 'King of the Hill' imho.
    Like the new ruins in the borderlands?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    Like the new ruins in the borderlands?
    No... that is a Domination game type. I thought of something like bounty hunting an enemy Commander for example
    (doesn't have to be a Commander, but you'll get the idea).

That's not KotH, that's "president" or w/e you wanna call it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by carnifex2005 View Post
    Teq is the best fight in the game
    That's not saying much, as most fights in GW2 are horribly boring, including teq imo. All it is is 70 players minimum, and a little competence. Blackgate does it every single day on 5 and/or 7 PM PST. The loot is still garbage and the 'tactics' are extremely simple. Kite champs, defend turrets with small strike force, spam 2 on teq with turrets.. if wall comes up focus one and the whole thing breaks. Defending batteries is loleasy. The rest of the zerg see's little to no tactics, dodging or jumping over his wave is childsplay and you just spam 1 or whatever the whole time.

People don't even bother avoiding red circles, just stand in the circle zerg the entire time until phase 2 and repeat.

If this was instanced there could be plenty more mechanics and a lot less relying on idiots that can't understand simple things. This fight is similar to LFR fights in WoW, braindead and the only reason people still fail it is because they are either unwilling or just too uninspired to try. Tons of afkers every time and people that die don't rez at waypoint to run back.

I see better tactics in WoW 5 mans

On topic: this whole big thing is coming is a bunch of BS I'm sure, I can't see what could be better than an expansion which this game desperately needs. Tiny insignificant updates with boring grind is wearing everyone out.. oh and scarlet, no one likes that pos and we're still like 3 updates away from ending the dumb hoe. Still don't see why we can't have some real existing lore expanded on, over a year now and nothing but lame ass filler.

This game has a great list of things it needs but none of them will be implemented, still waiting on that particle slider since launch. Kudos to ANet for adding some useless heal skills tho... the pvp has all but been forgotten about, kinda funny how GW1 was known for its amazing pvp and mediocre pve where GW2 is known for its amazing... what? grind?
    Last edited by Lazuli; 2014-01-19 at 01:53 PM.