Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    aparently there is a dragon like creature under lions arch and she plans to use a giant drill to open it up and kill it with the poison she made. When she saw the eternal alchemy she saw this creature and it is been haunting her and driving her insane for awhile, she is literally scared of it as it calls out to her in her nightmares.
    Something to do with this, hmmm?

Valar morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    Something to do with this, hmmm?

Probably, the thumpers are sending out vibrations (explains the metronome) to detect something. The 3 headed wurm was just an accident.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Probably, the thumpers are sending out vibrations (explains the metronome) to detect something. The 3 headed wurm was just an accident.

I was chatting with a map designer in game a couple days ago and he said he was "busy working on a really big project, a massive area with caves, lots and lots of caves to explore".

I wonder if the thumpers are using sonar frequencies to survey the layout of these caves?
    Valar morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by Silverbleed View Post
    The rest sucks
    (I can barely play the new content, I got 5 dc's out of 7 tries, leaving me in a horrible overflow. My internet is fine, everything works. But I get kicked out of GW only. It's just unplayable at this point and not enjoyable for me at all anymore)

I'm really pissed off about it
    That sucks Luckily I haven't had that issue I'd be pissed too.

My only issue with both of the new fights is that how people need to go about beating these things seems to not be very clearly communicated anywhere. All I see in map chat after the marionette fails (aside from the asinine "you guys suck" comments) is people arguing about what went wrong. I feel like when something fails it should be clear, in game, what happened so people can learn from it. Also how the groups get picked to go up needs some work. One I was in yesterday only got picked once and we succeeded, but the event failed. Just frustrating to watch the other groups go over and over and fail.

It is really not a hard concept to figure out. Phase 1 kill adds, phase 2 kill champion with their 1 mechanic. Avoid aoe by giant boobed mechanical lady

I'm not saying it's hard, I am saying it's not very clearly communicated. Slightly different.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    I'm not saying it's hard, I am saying it's not very clearly communicated. Slightly different.
    How much clearer does it need to be? If you look on the right of your screen it gives you all the information - counts and timers for each stage of the event. You get popups if a chain fails, popups to kill the generator, it's pretty hand-holdy if you ask me :X
    Valar morghulis

Nothing but overflows for me, HURRAY OPEN WORLD CONTENT!

Give me god damn dungeons ffs.
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

I'm the opposite, I much prefer open world content. For mmos they would be much better off if they just removed instancing altogether in my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Could just do both well and not worry, unfortunately GW2 does neither well.

To me it's incredibly frustrating to fail at something easy just because the "hive" doesn't understand what to do or can't do it.

I much prefer small groups where I have full control over who I play with (ty a-net for the 2vote kick system) for my own sanity (and other people's feelings).
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    Nothing but overflows for me, HURRAY OPEN WORLD CONTENT!

Give me god damn dungeons ffs.
    Greedy! Last update before Wintersday gave 5 new fractals and 20 new fractal mechanics.

some people just want the whole world instanced I guess :/
    Valar morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Could just do both well and not worry, unfortunately GW2 does neither well.
    no, just no. I'm pretty against instancing in mmos. But then my view of mmos is probably in the minority

I don't do fractals since I only get shit loot (5warhorns, 3maces, 4tridents, 1lb and 1GS) and I really CBA to grind out the stupid levels again, it's easier than before.

5 new fractals, 2 are end fractals that basically are only the end fights one is some stupid click this stuff here there and kill a boss and the others are simple rehashes. I want some actually challenging content in the form of a dungeon, I know it's a lot to ask since it's a niche market but hardcores are the corner stone of any game so keeping them in the game is crucial.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    no, just no. I'm pretty against instancing in mmos. But then my view of mmos is probably in the minority
    Aye when it comes to MMOs you are a bit weird.

Beat the stupid robot lady finally. Not doing the meta cause I need those dodging achievements and there are too many rules for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know it's a lot to ask since it's a niche market but hardcores are the corner stone of any game so keeping them in the game is crucial.
    Facts appear to indicate otherwise, that is assuming you mean hardcore as in wanting blisteringly fucking burn your eyebrows off hard type content and not hardcore as in putting in massive amounts of hours since you get content so frequently type players ;-)
    Valar morghulis

The amount of "what build should I play" posts indicate that theorycrafters are quite important.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    I was chatting with a map designer in game a couple days ago and he said he was "busy working on a really big project, a massive area with caves, lots and lots of caves to explore".

I wonder if the thumpers are using sonar frequencies to survey the layout of these caves?
    Hehe if you went to scarlet's hideout and managed to get the password right you will get what is making those caves :x
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

10+ Year Old Account
    The amount of "what build should I play" posts indicate that theorycrafters are quite important.
    That's cute. You honestly think people wouldn't know how to play games without someone that likes blisteringly hard content around to tell them how?

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    Hehe if you went to scarlet's hideout and managed to get the password right you will get what is making those caves :x
    Indeeeed. He also said it would coincide with the China launch and they are having their last beta this week.
    Valar morghulis