Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sastank View Post
    Uhm ya they said they're eventually going to be redoing all the character models. They said they aren't sure which will ship out with WOD. Not all of them need to be revealed before people like you go nuts about how long till WOD is out...
    Perhaps they should update their WoD trailer "Some updated character models!!" Again, that is their choice, it will be a disaster for them if they cant pull it together. Also when they said "eventually" I believe they were talking about goblin/worgen

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dotcha View Post
    Well it was the 3rd billing feature on the WoD trailer.... I would hope its a priority.
    sounds like a misunderstanding.. yes redoing character models are a big priority, drawing up cutesy little reveals with snapshots, and blog posts... however, might not be. its probably more important to blizz to focus on doing the work needed, and not so much on special reveals. (to the point nobody is surprised when they are finished).

I've played this game for nine years. My toon could have looked like he was from Minecraft, and I wouldn't have cared.

This may be srs bzns for you, but just because it's a big deal to you doesn't make it so for everyone else. Expansion selling points usually revolve more around new things to do with your character and less around what you see if you swivel your camera angle around 180 degrees.

I genuinely have a hard time grasping (though I accept) that some people would quit playing a game because the animation for their cow person avatar isn't pretty enough. For me, game play >>>>> cosmetics.

Anyone know what the lore is behind the races looking different all of a sudden? How am I supposed to roleplay when all of a sudden everyone looks different, there has to be a reason for it. Thnx.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand why people keep saying that some races aren't going to be done when WoD hits, that it will be a gradual thing after. They changed their stance on this...they said they are expecting to release ALL of the old world races + Belfs/Space Goats in time for WoD. Not after it gets released. I will look for the interview where they said that in, but they did say it. The only races that they want to update but won't be able to until some time after WoD hits are Worgen/Goblin because they use old skeletal structure and not the new Pandaren one. So those 2 races will also be getting an update but not anytime soon.

In any case...it is pretty disappointing regardless...
    Of all losses, time is the most irrecuperable for it can never be redeemed

Quote Originally Posted by Gospels View Post
    Please never go into buisness. I may tough it out, millions of others, however, will not.
    So you're saying millions will stop playing if they don't get their reskins with WoD?

Interesting. Thanks for the business advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    This. It's called marketting. They want to keep hype for their expansion relatively high, but not so high that everyone is disappointed a week after release.

I swear, some people are really blind to how easily people can sway their minds.
    Get a clue. You think they are done/almost done with models and they are just waiting to release even screen shots of them? While each day that passes they are losing more and more subs? You too, please never go into buisness

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    sounds like a misunderstanding.. yes redoing character models are a big priority, drawing up cutesy little reveals with snapshots, and blog posts... however, might not be. its probably more important to blizz to focus on doing the work needed, and not so much on special reveals. (to the point nobody is surprised when they are finished).
    Exactly, just because Blizzard has't shown you more models doesn't clarify that that's all they have done so far. They probably have a whole art team working one on race per team at the same time, which is the reason they pulled 3/4 the team away from Titan to work on WoW, this is the farthest an expansion has been pre beta ever according to Blizzard, they don't HAVE to show you what the models look like so early in the development process, they choose too. People gotta stop being so whiney.

Quote Originally Posted by Widow Maker View Post
    I don't understand why people keep saying that some races aren't going to be done when WoD hits, that it will be a gradual thing after. They changed their stance on this...they said they are expecting to release ALL of the old world races + Belfs/Space Goats in time for WoD. Not after it gets released. I will look for the interview where they said that in, but they did say it.

In any case...it is pretty disappointing regardless...
    [Citation Needed]

They said their plans changed and they intend to update the Draenei/Blood Elves in general, not that they - and all the vanilla races - would be done in time for release. At no point have they promised that the models will be done in time for the release of the expansion. Much the opposite, in fact.

So, on 1/3/2014 Chris Robinson tweeted, "Working on getting next character reveal together...will update ASAP"

Almost 3 weeks later, he revealed 1 gender of 1 race...in screenshots...with no animations...

This took 3 weeks to put together...just 1

Are.You.Kidding.Me?

There are 10 races being remodled for wow, 2 genders each, this equals 20 new models.

We have screen shots for 10 models and actual animations for only 3

It took Blizz 3 weeks to put together 1 screenshot. If Blizz keeps up this break neck speed expect to see all the models in 7.5 months. And god only knows how long until you actually see animations for all 20.
    Your mistake is in assuming that three weeks between the tease and the reveal meant that what was revealed took the entire three weeks to create, and that nothing else was also being worked on during that time.

Perhaps they should update their WoD trailer "Some updated character models!!" Again, that is their choice, it will be a disaster for them if they cant pull it together. Also when they said "eventually" I believe they were talking about goblin/worgen

Disaster!!! Doom!!! Gloom!!! Bua Ha Ha Ha!!! Release the Hounds!!!!!

... sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by PeggBundy View Post
    Anyone know what the lore is behind the races looking different all of a sudden? How am I supposed to roleplay when all of a sudden everyone looks different, there has to be a reason for it. Thnx.
    You know how in like Family Guy and some other cartoons they go to another dimension (like The Simpsons) and become that shows animation? It's like that. We go to Draenor and suddenly we look completely different, but the change stays even when we go back to Azeroth.

It's a doozy.

Get a clue. You think they are done/almost done with models and they are just waiting to release even screen shots of them? While each day that passes they are losing more and more subs? You too, please never go into buisness
    They've said the Female Orc and Female Troll are both around the stages that the Tauren were at, and yet they are not showing us those yet. Explain that?

Deleted
    I do not often find myself on the complaining side... but this time it's undeniable.
    As much as the fanboys can continue to defend Chris Robinson and Blizzard as a whole, this reveal is downright disappointing.
    1 gender of 1 race, with no animations, just going in-depth on how about they want to maintain the feeling of the old characters, which they've been bragging about since Blizzcon.
    Just like how many people found the new Tauren to be "too cute", so do I find this human face derpy.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    I dont think Blizz realizes how far their sub count is going to plumet
    And this is where all credibility went out the window.

so do I find this human face derpy.
    It's expressionless for a reason. It's not animated. If you rig an expressed face, you make it more difficult to properly push expression through animation without undesired consequences.

Basically, it's industry standard.
    Last edited by Asera; 2014-01-23 at 08:29 PM.

Deleted
    You seem to have quite a bit of inside information about Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Constraint View Post
    I completely agree. How many screenshots of character models they choose to show us is a perfect indicator of just how far they are along with the game. From what I hear, the dungeon/raid teams aren't even allowed to start designing until the character models are complete. The quest/lore teams have to wait for the character animations to be finished and completely revealed to us, the public. The music team must ensure their themes fit in perfectly with the updated dance animations before their work may begin.

Wait, what? Oh, that's right - it doesn't reveal anything whatsoever, what was I thinking?
    OP Just got rekt with a truth bullet from a logic gun.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, they could also dole out small previews here and there in the coming weeks for the other gender/races that haven't been seen yet.

Not saying they will do that, but I'm also not going to go into 'SKY IS FALLING' mode over it either way.

It's just common sense mostly. Why release everything at once when you can drag it out over a long period of time to fill the gap? Showing it all at the same time means they'll have less to show later on.

Deleted
    wow is dyin... again