Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    There is no "lead designer" on WoW. There is a game director, Tom Chilton, who for all intents and purposes is "in charge." But even he isn't "lead designer."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Correction, GC was A lead. They have several ''leads'' devided by teams, GC's was Systems.
    I think that's what I meant my bad.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

- Hearthstone release date: 15 april
    Seems reasonable.
    - Warlords of Draenor release date: 24 june
    If we get an announcement of a beta/preorders within the next couple of weeks, and they're available within Feb, then I'd say thats probably likely. I think WoD will have a much shorter beta than MoP did.
    - Heroes of the Storm wont be released this year
    Not too surprising. I reckon we'll see a beta within the Q3-Q4, with a release of ealry 2015. At a guess.
    - The Dark Below is still the name of the project name Titan and the team grew 50%
    This I'm doubtful of. I was under the impression TItan was on hold and most of the team had moved to other games. Also 'The Dark Below' was disregarded by Blizz, but we'll see.
    - The Warlords of Draenor Cinematic Trailer is 70 % finished. It will be released 2 months before the release
    Lot of work goes into making the cinematics, so makes sense it's being done now.
    - The first Warcraft Movie Trailer will be shown a half year before the release, NOT at BlizzCon 2014
    Wasn't expecting a trailer this year, but I am expecting some stuff at Blizzcon, should it happen.
    - Informations about The Dark Below wont be revealed at BlizzCon 2014
    Again, don't believe this is a thing anyway.
    - The Team is thinking about to cancel BlizzCon 2014
    Wouldn't surprise me. They wouldn't have much to announce. Better to concentrate on actually working on stuff.
    - Warcraft IV is not planned
    Think they had confirmed this already.
    - Two new World of Warcraft expansions are in development
    'In-development' can just mean 'we're toying around with ideas. They know what they're doing several expansions in advance so this makes sense.
    - A Hearthstone expansion is in development. It wont be a Diablo or StarCraft edition
    It would be weird to have a Diablo or Starcraft Heartstone expansion...but it doesn't surprise me that they're working on an expansion.
    - The Team wants to launch expansions faster but it is still a problem because there arent enough good developers who applied at Blizzard Entertainment
    Eh I dunno. They've hired a lot of staff in recent years, but it requires a unique style so it's probably not for everyone.
    - Soon you will get more informations about the new character models. 50% of them are done right now.
    Based on what we've seen this seems fair.
    - New models for worgen and goblins are planned with the 6th expansion. Photoshops of them are already done but it takes a long time to get them into life
    If this is true, I hope it isn't at the expense of new races. Goblins and Worgen are still good looking races. They don't require an update as much as the vanilla/TBC races.

not the 24 June realise date in my country we have Drinking holiday 23-24 june

This is just a bit of already known info with some wild guesses.

Well fuck that, my girlfriend graduates the 24th q.q

Deleted
    Blizzcon 2012 was cancelled too because there simply wasnt enough conten... why not this year again? It would all be about HotS and SC2:LotV because WoD, Hearthstone and D3:RoS will all be released before.

Hearthstone release seems a little bit late as its already Open Beta.
    WoD release seems a little bit too early given that no Xpac was ever released in Summer. Moreover it would be a very short PvP season if they really start another one. AND why should they release the Xpac during Football Worldcup in Brazil? I know for most parts of North America it isnt a big deal, but for the rest of the world... same reason why blizzard doesnt release Raids at christmas. They just wait or bring them earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobomino View Post
    I can't help but think that WoD release date is unrealistic... only 4 months of beta testing. Updated characters was something like 25% finished 3 months ago so how are they going to squeeze 6 months of work in 4 months?
    they were 25% done 3 months ago. they might be closer to 40+% on the character models now. we dont know. you also forget there wont be a new class to try and balance in the beta so that will save some time.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    Well fuck that, my girlfriend graduates the 24th q.q
    Hmmm

*Get laid* or play WoW.

HARD TO CHOSE!
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    I just hope one thing out of all of this is true, It releases on 24th of June, i got 2 weeks off work then so perfect timing!

Quote Originally Posted by Liebchen View Post
    Blizzcon 2012 was cancelled too because there simply wasnt enough conten... why not this year again? It would all be about HotS and SC2:LotV because WoD, Hearthstone and D3:RoS will all be released before.

Hearthstone release seems a little bit late as its already Open Beta.
    WoD release seems a little bit too early given that no Xpac was ever released in Summer. Moreover it would be a very short PvP season if they really start another one. AND why should they release the Xpac during Football Worldcup in Brazil? I know for most parts of North America it isnt a big deal, but for the rest of the world... same reason why blizzard doesnt release Raids at christmas. They just wait or bring them earlier.
    The biggest advantage of June is its the end of the fiscal quarter.

Also, while there are some disadvantages of releasing in summer, there'd be even larger disadvantages in delaying it. As in, irrecoverable losses. Those who would delay picking it up due to watching the World Cup, the majority would just pick it up after its done. Not really a loss there.

A fall release though, you're gonna vast swathes of people who won't come back.

Also, if they were going to purposely delay WoD for a better release, they'd add more filler content. A new pvp season is nice, but requires no effort and doesn't effect many people.

And they released SC2 in July.

- - - Updated - - -

I can't help but think that WoD release date is unrealistic... only 4 months of beta testing. Updated characters was something like 25% finished 3 months ago so how are they going to squeeze 6 months of work in 4 months?
    They aren't waiting for character models to be completed to launch WoD. This has been stated previously.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gurluas View Post
    Assuming this is real, then keep in mind, the release dates would be estimates, and not exact release dates.
    What do you mean estimates? The release dates were all very exact. No excuses if they're missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Hmmm

*Get laid* or play WoW.

HARD TO CHOSE!
    Hell, she'll be more upset than me (she plays as well).

While she's going to her friends' parties, I'll be leveling (I'm older than most of them, so I won't be going to any except for those I was friends with in high school; she's 18, I'll be 19 this July).

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    They aren't waiting for character models to be completed to launch WoD. This has been stated previously.
    They changed that, they want all of the new models out with the release.

Hell, she'll be more upset than me (she plays as well).

While she's going to her friends' parties, I'll be leveling (I'm older than most of them, so I won't be going to any except for those I was friends with in high school; she's 18, I'll be 19 this July).

That was a misreading of the tweet. Someone asked "are you doing the BC races?." Answer was: "initially we didn't plan on it but now plan on doing so. Will update site to reflect that." People took that to too far an extreme as: updated Draenei and Belves confirmed for WoD. The much more likely interpretation is: the person who asked didn't know if they were doing them AT ALL. Response was: we initially planned on NOT DOING THEM AT ALL. But now WILL do them.

Here's what the exact tweet says: "Are Blood Elves and Draenei being updated? I only see Vanilla races on that page " Note that the question nowhere asked: "are they being updated for launch?" All it asks was "are they being updated PERIOD?"

Here's the answer: "The plan is currently to update them as well, original plan of "vanilla only" changed. Need to update page to reflect."

Nowhere in any of those statements did it specify "at launch." People just added words for what they wanted to see.
    Last edited by Krazzorx; 2014-02-02 at 12:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosstafa View Post
    - New models for worgen and goblins are planned with the 6th expansion. Photoshops of them are already done but it takes a long time to get them into life
    If this is true, I hope it isn't at the expense of new races. Goblins and Worgen are still good looking races. They don't require an update as much as the vanilla/TBC races.
    True, but they did tweak their character modelling technology (especially on the facial expression department) after them while doing the pandaren. Goblins and worgen are less expressive than pandas, though this is more apparent with the worgen than the goblins. After the all old races are updated, the Cata races would be the only ones still using the older rigging system.

Plus, female worgens are still a freaking mess

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Hmmm

*Get laid* or play WoW.

HARD TO CHOSE!
    (why not both)
    Last edited by Count Zero; 2014-02-02 at 03:03 AM.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

They've always wanted all the models out before release. Nowhere have they now stated WoDs release will be contingent on the models being finished, just that, since they're ahead of they're original estimates, they expect to have them finished on release. With Blood Elves and Draenei probably on the table for one of the patches.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    They never announce release dates for Wracraft expansions until 2 months before live launch. If it's released in June, we won't get an official release date until some time in April. It's way too soon for them to be "ready to announce a release date," regardless if launch is in June or in September.
    Wouldn't that be great? Blizzard does their usual April Fools jokes... oh, and also announce the release date of WoD.

Yeah I agree. Realistic guess is 3rd or 4th quarter 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomthulsa View Post
    Absolutely no chance it comes out 4th quarter. October at the earliest ? They're not letting SoO last 13 months
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomthulsa View Post
    Once again, Blizzard has repeatedly stated that the release of WoD is not in any way tied to the new character models being completed.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.