Page 10 of 79 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Constraint View Post
    That's why I said.. quite clearly.. "make it an option"..?

Please read before replying, my friend. If you like leveling in its current state, do it. If you don't, skip it.

Wouldn't that encourage new players who're somehow adverse to putting effort into their characters to actually play endgame, without staring down a $60 price tag PER CHARACTER to skip it?

It seems stupid to me. They're kinda in the middle of the fence here.

- - - Updated - - -

That's kinda the point..
    I do read what you said, and you seem to miss something really obvious...They are giving it free to new players, so that argument is moot.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

I think it's an appropriate price. If you really, really can't stomach levelling ever again because you've done it so much, you'll pay it - but it's high enough to stop people from just rolling new toons for s@#$s and giggles. It will also keep the world alive because there will be enough people out there who won't or can't pay $60 to level, which is a positive.

If you're just cranky because you can't get your parents to pay for it, well one day when you're the one paying the bills you'll understand why you won't always want to drop $60 on a game service.

So Blizzard is against the gold sellers and power leveling sellers, and now they are doing exactly the same thing???

Claim those gold farmers/sellers and others illegal and ban them, so now I can sell the same thing/service and monopoly the market??

Now I won't even be surprised if one day Blizzard starts to sell gold or gear.

The difference is that those gold seller actually spend their time playing the game, farming the gold and power leveling the characters, while blizzard just clicks the button and boost you instantly without any effort.

I love this business model and profit.
    Last edited by ashblond; 2014-02-18 at 11:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Warfare View Post
    But whats next? Buying Achievements/Gear/professions. Whats the point of an MMO if you can buy your way to the finish.
    There is no point, but people today don't even understand the purpose of an MMO in the first place.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thealmightyf View Post
    And yet, GW2 provides a fucking humongous amount more content that WoW does.
    GW2 has more patches.

That is not the same as more content.

In fact if I was being obtuse, I mostly play WoW to raid so GW2 has no content for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisso View Post
    Should we just be okay with it?

OF COURSE they want to me money, I want to keep mine, what about that!
    If only there were a way for you not to spend money on a luxury.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ashblond View Post
    So Blizzard is against the gold sellers and power leveling sellers, and now they are doing exactly the same thing???

Claim those gold farmers/sellers and others illegal and ban them, so now I can sell the same thing/service and monopoly the market??

The difference is that those gold seller actually spend their time playing the game, farming the gold and power leveling the characters, while blizzard just clicks the button and boost you instantly without any effort.

I love this business model and profit.
    Actually, they just use bots, but okay.

And it's Blizzard game, they can do whatever they like with it. They're not forcing you to buy the boost. This seems to be what most people don't realise, you're not being left out, you aren't affected, you aren't being forced to buy the boost. It's an OPTION for the people who would like to use it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoeii View Post
    I hereby would like to nominate this person for the tool award.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scuravolpe View Post
    Only if we get a pet for the disaster that was your parents deciding to breed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    No matter what they decided the price point was going to be, people where bound to complain.
    Never a truer word spoken on MMO-C

tbh any1 that wants it for the same price of an expansion which is $40 or less are delusional it should be atleast $50 so there on the ball with $60

I think its too low.
    Its not something required.
    And with a price this high I think we can stop the "P2WOMGWTF" whining. Nobody can just go out and buy a grip of new level 90s unless they are ready to drop some serious cash. The price is a gating system to keep it from getting out of hand.
    Also, its not exactly buying you anything special. It gives you a level 90, not a level 100.
    I'm not sure what there is to complain about.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    if it was $50 people would complain it was still too much
    if it was $40 people would complain that it is too much
    if it was $30 people would complain that they have to buy a load and there should be a discount
    if it was $20 people would complain it was too cheap

No matter what they decided the price point was going to be, people where bound to complain.
    so true sigma....so true...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charmanderp View Post
    The purpose of this thread is to help understand why some people are crying out about this (possible) number for the cost. I personally think it is a reasonable price for the amount of content that you are skipping.
    It's because they were looking forward to level characters from now on only using the character boost feature, but don't have enough money to pay for it if it's priced at 60$. Painfully obvious really.
    "The best argument against democracy is a five minute scroll through twitter." - Winston Churchill

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Seems quite steep initially, but when you think about it, isn't too bad really. Dunno what all the fuss is, quit moaning imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Constraint View Post
    That's a really, really bad example of why it's a good thing. I'm actually laughing IRL atm. It's virtual. It's not real. It's only a "$60 store item" because they say it's a "$60 store item". They're not being magnanimous or generous by incorporating a free 90 into WoD. They're not sacrificing hundreds of thousands/millions of dollars to do so. Seriously.
    Why should they be generous? They're a business that needs to appease shareholders just like any other company that makes any product that you use. Blizzard sold helms with zero stats for $15 and people ate them up like candy. If you don't like what they sell, you don't have to buy it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think $60 is a good way to curb people from spending boatloads of money on something that doesn't require money to be spent on. Basically it avoids a few days of leveling and my guess is that those who would use this feature are those looking for the FoTM PvP Class and can't be bothered leveling from scratch. But let's break down what $60 buys.

1. FFXIV - Game is currently on sale on Steam for $15 bucks and includes 1 month Free. 3 Month Subsciption is approximately $45. $60 = Game + 4 Month Game Time

2. Titanfall - Everyone's sudden love affair with FPS even if you are terrible at them. $60 on Origin

3. WoW For New Players - Battle Chest $20 and MoP another $20 (Pending you can't find the $5 Battle Chest Anymore) with 1 month Free. ~$60 adding another month sub

Personally I think you could find things better to spend your money on for $60 but for Blizzard to put the cost that high to avoid it being abused I think its great.

Quote Originally Posted by Relicra View Post
    Honestly think people are just mad they can't afford it. Sucks for them.
    Lol - it is not about the money, it is about the cost.

I can afford to eat anywhere I want, it does not mean I am going to go to McDonalds and pay $45 for a Big Mac. $60 is ridiculous, plain and simple.

It will be priced at $60 and all the folks who need things right away will pay it. Then it will become less popular and the price will go down.

Anyone who believes Blizzard priced it this way as a deterrent to abusing the feature is just being foolish.

It is about being able to price gouge and getting away with it. Nothing more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ha ha ha ha ha ha, sixty dollars.

"You can buy a brand-new major-release game in 2014...
    ... or you can buy an Orc Warlock in a 10-year-old MMO."

Cheers, Blizz. That takes crass. =)

15+ Year Old Account
    You think that is the worst part? It will probably be 60 euro for us european people.

i think it should be higher, if they even consider paying for level 90 they shouldnt play at all.
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

Atleast when I buy 2 boost for 120$ that can cover some whining unsubbed players spot. For 8 months! nice!