Thread: Racial changes

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    typical blizzard overcorrecting. Horde racials were better than alliance ones, so to fix this blizz went over board and buffed the alliance ones.

Troll and Orc racials needed toning down, they were amazing before, so the nerf was inevitable, but orc lose two and gain none, not even a cosmetic one. Undead's WOTF get a nerf, while the human counterpart remains unchanged.

Draenei get a super buff, Night elves get a buff, dwarves get a small buff (it doesn't work while CC'd so isn't too OP)
    You realize it's not just about buffs, it's about balance. Things are a lot more equal now than they were.
    Draenei needed a buff; with hit gone. Assumption is that it will be equivilant to panda bonus.
    Night elf had no dps racial at all. Now they have 1%, the most flavorful but likely weakest one, due to how it changes.

Orcs blood rage was already almost as good as Worgen crit, better pre-Thoks. Yeah they lost weapon expertise bonus but did they really need 3 dps bonuses? Remember they retain command pet.

Humans by contrast had only the expertise and lost that in favor of 2 half a % buffs. Something that will be weak to all but the most awkward of specs that constantly shift top secondaries.

Blood elves get the same crit as Worgen plus a resource regenerator. That's better than a speed boost, so I'd say BElf > Worgen most of the time.

Now personally I think it would be much easier to simply give every race one small dps boost, say ~1% to a different secondary/each. And one utility/fun activated ability; dark flight , shadowmeld, resource return, move speed, stam, stone form all fit.

Most races follow that, and spice it up further with some extra stuff. It wil never be omportSnt equal, but it's pretty close. Better than live.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    You realize it's not just about buffs, it's about balance. Things are a lot more equal now than they were.

snip

Most races follow that, and spice it up further with some extra stuff. It wil never be omportSnt equal, but it's pretty close. Better than live.
    I understand the alliance needed to be buffed, and fair enough too, but I just hate losing stuff without gaining stuff. Alliance got shiny new toys (racials) in place of their old ones. I got old ones either taken away from me (removed), or damaged (nerfed).

Goblin and Pandaren have more fun racials than my orc has total racials, and then they have the actual DPS racials on top of that.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

I personally detest blood elf warriors.
    If you want to play a paladin, play a paladin. If you want to play a warrior, don't choose blood elf.

10+ Year Old Account
    That Tauren change will be good for us protwars me thinks.
    "Don't be a dick, be a dude."
    my warrior
    [ twitter| twitch]

10+ Year Old Account
    So hardiness, will of the forsaken, and berserking nerfed but no change to EMFH? LOL. Something tells me these arent final.
    HEROES NEVER DIE

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rystrave View Post
    That Tauren change will be good for us protwars me thinks.
    Yeah, since I wasn't going to race change no matter what, I'm pleased to see the only obviously direct tanking racial going to me. +2% crit damage/healing doesn't seem bad, either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jalopy View Post

5.0 TFB made it live, anything can.

Collision told me to ask you more questions about what happened 5.0....no idea why?

EDIT:
    Arch--I disagree. I would love dark flight. Movement is king lately, and yes, I know it's on the GCD. For both pvp and pve, I can't tell you how useful this would be. Things like on the pull, when the boss is being position...pre-pot darkflight to keep up and not have any downtime dude to weird lag and how the boss moves.
    Last edited by sjsctt; 2014-02-28 at 02:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    I personally detest blood elf warriors.
    If you want to play a paladin, play a paladin. If you want to play a warrior, don't choose blood elf.
    I can't stand female plate melee, and I am personally offended by the physical weakness of female blood elves and female humans. It seriously disgusts me that creating a female blood elf warrior/DK is even an option, and if BE's end up being even a tiny bit better than orcs all we are going to see is pussy little fembot elves with some variation of "qt", "lol" or "yolo" for suffixes.

Did the Night Elves lose their +dodge% racial? I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere?

I like the movement speed buff, it won't be really noticeable, but it's okay.

Touch of Elune will suck hard unless Haste becomes really, really good! or I end up raiding during the day (which isn't going to happen).

Edit: Sidenote, I guess it's nice to actually have a DPS racial as a NE now, so I can't complain too much. Nor can I complain since my main warrior was a BE since the start of Cata (originally a Tauren, race changed right after Cata hit).

And all my guildies have said shit about it because I said racials weren't worth it Jokes on them, now we're the best looking race and have the best racials :P
    Last edited by Sal the Shieldhog; 2014-02-28 at 02:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    Did the Night Elves lose their +dodge% racial? I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere?
    No, you get the 2% movement speed in addition to the dodge.

Just get rid of racials FFS. Either that or make them quality of life bonuses rather then throughput bonuses.

I play a dwarf tank, and we´re f****d. What an idiotic change. Every other race gets their racials tweaked for usefulness for every class, but dwarven tanks, hell no.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    I play a dwarf tank, and we´re f****d. What an idiotic change. Every other race gets their racials tweaked for usefulness for every class, but dwarven tanks, hell no.
    Stoneform is bad, really?

hehe

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    +2% crit damage and a buffed stoneform and you are complaining?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Yeah, since I wasn't going to race change no matter what, I'm pleased to see the only obviously direct tanking racial going to me. +2% crit damage/healing doesn't seem bad, either.
    Agreed. Tauren FTW. I'm sure it'll get nerfed somehow, seems too good to be true D:
    "Don't be a dick, be a dude."
    my warrior
    [ twitter| twitch]

so orcs might get every men for himself ? or i missunderstood

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alonzo33 View Post
    so orcs might get every men for himself ? or i missunderstood
    I believe that was a misplaced line. I think it was supposed to go under undead's section as a nerf (although out of all racials to nerf...why undead...)

Quote Originally Posted by Skarssen View Post
    I can't stand female plate melee, and I am personally offended by the physical weakness of female blood elves and female humans. It seriously disgusts me that creating a female blood elf warrior/DK is even an option, and if BE's end up being even a tiny bit better than orcs all we are going to see is pussy little fembot elves with some variation of "qt", "lol" or "yolo" for suffixes.
    Don't worry, I got this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rystrave View Post
    Agreed. Tauren FTW. I'm sure it'll get nerfed somehow, seems too good to be true D:
    What did I miss about taurens? They get +X stam to replace the + health passive, since base health disappear. +2% crit damage I assume it follows trinket formula (2+0.02) and not skull banner formula ((1+0.02)*2), so it's kinda ok'ish, just as dwarf counterpart. Depends on how much crit you end up using as a tank. Seeing that they have aimed to leave tank damage as 75% of that of a dps class, I don't think having +crit damage is very good. I had rather have +haste or +crit, which ends up as damage and mitigation gains.

The X in the stam can go pretty much go from negligible to OP. If they do a direct replacement from the current +health one it will be negligible, if they want to match dwarf stoneform it will be ok, ending in an average racial set. Considering they won't do a % one, and it's shared by non tank classes/can't be broken at the start of the exp, it can't be that much of a increase.

Personally, wrt NE, I'm glad about the free buff, and about keeping shadowmeld. Was (only slightly) worried about that one going, or ending up in a non combat stealth.
    Last edited by mmoc38db56fadf; 2014-02-28 at 04:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sjsctt View Post
    Collision told me to ask you more questions about what happened 5.0....no idea why?

EDIT:
    Arch--I disagree. I would love dark flight. Movement is king lately, and yes, I know it's on the GCD. For both pvp and pve, I can't tell you how useful this would be. Things like on the pull, when the boss is being position...pre-pot darkflight to keep up and not have any downtime dude to weird lag and how the boss moves.
    Idk man I barely use it when I have rocket boots, and leap to fill in gaps I know the boss is gonna move quick. I guess my tanks don't move em as much on the pull.

But to each there own. Quite possible I've just gotten so used to having it that I've gotten bored of it! Lol.